Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is this gonna be a solo fest or will there be group content

vtravivtravi Member UncommonPosts: 398
I am just wondering is this game gonna be like all the others where the only group content is in a few dungeons. Any landscape group areas?

Comments

• birdycephonbirdycephon Member UncommonPosts: 1,314
    We can only say what is already made public, which is it will be soloable to the end, and it will have group dungeons, and they will have group world bosses.
  • Snowdon_CloudripperSnowdon_Cloudripper Member CommonPosts: 584
    What was made public is you can get from 1 to 50 solo doing quests BUT there are more then one job/class and quests do not recycle . So at sometime you will need to party up or solo grind mobs. EG and raids and the like can be group based also

http://absoluteretribution.enjin.com/ Guild Website and Recruitment link

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

And a dynamic event style system called F.A.T.E.S. or some such.

And the entire guild leve system which can be done in a party and gives much better reward.

Apparently there were also other systems in XIV.. behests or something? Hamlet defense?

Pretty much, from what I've seen/read, you CAN level up by yourself just doing quests, for maybe a single class or some such, but there is TONS of group content at all levels you'll need to participate in to level up multiple classes.

• omerazizomeraziz Member Posts: 2

In ARR you can lvl all the classes on one char so even if you try to lvl your character doing only quests you will run out of them after getting maybe 3-4 classes to 50 and there are 8 classes on launch. Other means of leveling your char is Hunting Log which is also solo content.

Party content includes Guild Leves, Guildhest and Dungeons.

F.A.T.E.S are open world events like rifts in Rift..

• redcloud16redcloud16 Member UncommonPosts: 220

Originally posted by vtravi
    I am just wondering is this game gonna be like all the others where the only group content is in a few dungeons. Any landscape group areas?

Originally posted by BadSpock

And a dynamic event style system called F.A.T.E.S. or some such.

And the entire guild leve system which can be done in a party and gives much better reward.

Apparently there were also other systems in XIV.. behests or something? Hamlet defense?

Pretty much, from what I've seen/read, you CAN level up by yourself just doing quests, for maybe a single class or some such, but there is TONS of group content at all levels you'll need to participate in to level up multiple classes.

To answer your question - both.

There will be quests like other MMOs, and multiple options to level. BadSpock is talking about Guildhests, which is group content for levelling. We don't know much about it yet. There will be Dungeons, of course, which require a group. 

In one of the Live Letters they make mention of levelling off of PvP after level 30 (don't hold me to that). 

So, you can go and do whatever you would like, solo when you want ot be alone or have toruble fidning a group and group content when you are in the mood for that. :)

• nbtscannbtscan Member UncommonPosts: 862
    Most of the leveling options I believe you'll have the option of doing solo or grouping up for them.  Quests, FATE, Guildleves and Hunting Logs seem like they can all be done solo or with other people.  It sounds like Guildhests will be party only content.  (probably to replace the open world grinding aspect)  Dungeons/raids also require parties.
  • vtravivtravi Member UncommonPosts: 398
    Thx for all the responses. I would prefer more forced grouping but I know most people these days hate to be forced to group. Hopefully the community will be social and willing to group from time to time. 
  • KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    It seems to go against the final fantasy way of pushing players to group. So I expect them to not be solo focused.

• ZizouXZizouX Member Posts: 670

Both.... plenty of group content and plenty of solo quests... however, after your first few classes to 50, after that youwill have to do a lot of group content to get to 50.

If you're expecting grind parties like FFXI, that won't happen.  YoshiP is dead set agianst it.  He thinks that's a relic of the past and will not design content for grinding parties.  A huge chunk of your xp will be from doing Dungeons.... there will be 16-18 dungeons at release.... 9 of which are for lvl 15, 25, and 30.

• SpeakzzzSpeakzzz Member UncommonPosts: 29
    Honestly I don't care how good it is the first one flopped. Also I do not understand why if I bought the first XIV why I wouldn't get the reboot free it shows total disrespect for the customer. 
  • SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020
    Originally posted by Speakzzz
    Honestly I don't care how good it is the first one flopped. Also I do not understand why if I bought the first XIV why I wouldn't get the reboot free it shows total disrespect for the customer. 

Where did you get the idea that you have to buy XIV again in order to play? I can't insult you properly otherwise i'll get a warning again.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Originally posted by Speakzzz

If you bought the first one and registered it.... if you remember your account or have your account pass code.... you get FFXIV ARR (2.0) for free.

As a FFXIV v. 1.0 owner, you're automatically elgible for Beta phase 3.  You are thus eligible for open beta.  What ever progress you make during open beta carries over to release.  After release, you get one month free.

No offense, but maybe you should research before spewing misinformation about a company that's gone out of its way to say "I'm sorry" and try to make a wrong into a right.

You should be commending SE for doing something that no other company has ever done.   Compare SE to how EA does business and maybe you'll hve more appreciation for the work they put into FFXIV ARR (2.0).

Originally posted by ZizouX

Both.... plenty of group content and plenty of solo quests... however, after your first few classes to 50, after that youwill have to do a lot of group content to get to 50.

If you're expecting grind parties like FFXI, that won't happen.  YoshiP is dead set agianst it.  He thinks that's a relic of the past and will not design content for grinding parties.  A huge chunk of your xp will be from doing Dungeons.... there will be 16-18 dungeons at release.... 9 of which are for lvl 15, 25, and 30.

Don't forget about Guildhests, FATE, & Leves done in a party. 

• PwnagraphicPwnagraphic Member Posts: 8
    Seems like it's going to cater well to both demographics. The leveling system they used in FFXI is a thing of the past.
  • WaterlilyWaterlily Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Imagine WoW with a Final Fantasy theme and you're incredibly close to what the game is like.
  • RalstlinRalstlin Member UncommonPosts: 234
    is confirmed long ago that Crystal Tower and Laberynth of Bahamuth are 24-Men Raids.
  • RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    Originally posted by Waterlily
    Imagine WoW with a Final Fantasy theme and you're incredibly close to what the game is like.

umm not really soem stuff but not as a whole

• UnrealRpgUnrealRpg Member UncommonPosts: 138
    In FF14 version 1.0 you could solo but it was much more effienct to do so in a party, same with 11.
  • AyulinAyulin Member Posts: 334
    Originally posted by Epic1oots
    Originally posted by Pwnagraphic
    Seems like it's going to cater well to both demographics. The leveling system they used in FFXI is a thing of the past.

They shouldnt had taken out that leveling system, but added a questing system along with it so people who doesnt have the time to group up can solo quests after quests after quests. I know their probably thinking that because its quests, that people will read and get more into the story, but sersiouly, how many people really read their quests!? At least with the old leveling there is more community activity. They could had made a better party search engine. Oh well, guess well have to wait a few more months and see. Beta phase 2.5 tomorrow so I heard, woot.

Yeah, really. Especially when Yoshi-P took a page (one of many) right out of the WoW handbook, and provided enough hand-holding and guidance that you don't even have to know what you're after, why you're after it or even who the NPC (aka "Anonymous Quest Dispenser") is giving it to you.. You just chase quest markers and then go back for your reward.  In a demo video SE put out showing the questing system, that's exactly what the player does. They just skip right through all the dialog, click "accept" and start chasing quest markers.

No wonder people complain about questing being boring.

Originally posted by Ayulin
    Originally posted by Epic1oots
    Originally posted by Pwnagraphic

They shouldnt had taken out that leveling system, but added a questing system along with it so people who doesnt have the time to group up can solo quests after quests after quests. I know their probably thinking that because its quests, that people will read and get more into the story, but sersiouly, how many people really read their quests!? At least with the old leveling there is more community activity. They could had made a better party search engine. Oh well, guess well have to wait a few more months and see. Beta phase 2.5 tomorrow so I heard, woot.

Yeah, really. Especially when Yoshi-P took a page (one of many) right out of the WoW handbook, and provided enough hand-holding and guidance that you don't even have to know what you're after, why you're after it or even who the NPC (aka "Anonymous Quest Dispenser") is giving it to you.. You just chase quest markers and then go back for your reward.  In a demo video SE put out showing the questing system, that's exactly what the player does. They just skip right through all the dialog, click "accept" and start chasing quest markers.

No wonder people complain about questing being boring.

People should really read his developer letters, watch the live letters and get some information on the game.

The argument that "This game has quests.... WoW has quests.... therefore this game is a WoW clone," is not really true.

The game is designed early on to be this way to get most people, like FF fans who've never played an MMO a tutorial on the game.  As you level up it becomes increasingly different.

Here are the things you can look forward to, if you took the time to research it.....instead of basing an opinion on the beginning levels of a beta, which offers you only 10% of the game.  BTW BETA is for testing, it's not a free trial.

-Grand Company Content from three nations that ties into one part of the main story
    -Class Quests, Job Quests
    -16-18 dungeons (at launch)
    -Normal and Hardmode Raids (Crystal Tower, Labyrinth of Bahamut)
    -FATEs (this deserves an even bigger catagory because we've been told there are going to be A LOT OF different VARIATIONS on end game FATES).
    -Leves
    -Hunting Log, Crafting Log, Gathering Log
    -9 Classes on one character, No need ever to grind the SAME QUESTS (you do the quest, it's done forever)
    -Chocobo, Gobbue, and other mounts from my memories of other FF games (Courl and Magitek confirmed)
    -Content with Pets (Choco specialization for soloing or duoing dungeons with your Choco)
    -Crafting that is more fun and in depth than other games (opinion)
    -Golden Saucer (confirmed for future patch)
    -Chocobo raising (maybe even choco racing like FFVII)
    -Customizable Housing (Build your own furniture as carpenter and decorate house with potential spoils of war, Ifrit Mounted Head)
    -Guildhests
    -Free Companies
    -Linkshells (chan channels which foster community instead of general chat like in other games)
    -Content Finder
    -Achievements
    -Gamepad support
    -PS3 Support (future PS4 support, hinted by Yoshi-P)
    -International Servers (if you choose) with online, instant translator
    -Voice acting, fully realized cutscenes and storyline.
    -Airships, 
    -Free Company created airships (confirmed for future patch)
    -Limit Break and Fine Play battle content
    -PvP Arena battles and two battleground (confirmed for launch)
    -Open world Primals
    -Materia
    -Relic items and quests
    -Guaranteed seasonal content 
    -Beautiful Art Style and Scenery (Can't wait to see 80% of the game we have yet to see)
    -Future FF style jobs from other FF games (Samurai, Blue Mage, Red Mage, Thief)
    -Variety between class play and job specializations with customization of classes with 10 abilities from other classes
    -Depth of Character in being able to switch to any class for a given situation and role (I don't need to create 12039120 Alts just to play every single class)

Everything I mentioned above is public information.... some people would just rather play for 15 levels and pretend they know everything about the game.

Originally posted by ZizouX

-PvP Arena battles and two battleground (confirmed for launch)

Thank you for that awesome post, ZizouX!

I would also like to point out that the Frontlines (PvP Battlegrounds) are less similar to a Battlegroud/Warzone you'd see in say WoW/RIFT/SWTOR; they are more along the lines of DAoC PvP areas (forget what they are called) :)