Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Convince me that 97% of MMO's out there do not SUCK

Otherwise remain silent and let this thread fade into the abyss. I barely hold on to Path of Exile right now, but if that wasn't around I would be retired from MMO's in general for the time being.

Community, if there are some of you out there left playing any of the many MMO's out there, share one good reason why I should spend a second of my lifetime.

Don't bother to say things like "it has good storyline, it has decent combat, it has crafting or that is has PvP. If you are saying anything say something that really makes the game you're playing truly distinct and outshine the rest 97% MMO's out there.

I truly want to be wrong and believe that my thread title is not accurate. Convince me I'm wrong.

Starcraft oldschool aka wise/04. SWG/UO aka Wise HeRo, Light Jedi Knight pre-cu (Bria)

Comments

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585

it comes down to personal preference. 

p.s.  PoE is not an mmo.  so i think you just might be done with the genre.  as you suggested.

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309

I cannot convince you of your own personal tastes/feelings/thoughts/ect.....

Fail thread.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,353
    I thought the standard rule was that only 90% of creative stuff like MMORPGs is garbage, even though 90% of the people who design it think that theirs is part of the 10% that is actually good.
  • TsuruTsuru Member UncommonPosts: 297
    Originally posted by xKopogerox
    Originally posted by WhiteLantern

Fail thread.

But you can convince yourself. Show us what's convincing you or remain silent, troll.

We dont need to convince oursleves. We already know what is good or isnt good based on our prefrences.

Maybe you want to look into your thread title as it says "Convince ME". We cannot convince YOU because its based off personal preference.

• MdpatsMdpats Member UncommonPosts: 176

Otherwise remain silent and let this thread fade into the abyss. I barely hold on to Path of Exile right now, but if that wasn't around I would be retired from MMO's in general for the time being.

Community, if there are some of you out there left playing any of the many MMO's out there, share one good reason why I should spend a second of my lifetime.

Don't bother to say things like "it has good storyline, it has decent combat, it has crafting or that is has PvP. If you are saying anything say something that really makes the game you're playing truly distinct and outshine the rest 97% MMO's out there.

I truly want to be wrong and believe that my thread title is not accurate. Convince me I'm wrong.

Why?  I don't work for you.  Convince yourself, please.  If that's the case then play the other 3% and stop complaining.

• xKopogeroxxKopogerox Member Posts: 68
    Originally posted by Tsuru
    Originally posted by WhiteLantern

Fail thread.

But you can convince yourself. Show us what's convincing you or remain silent, troll.

We dont need to convince oursleves. We already know what is good or isnt good based on our prefrences.

Maybe you want to look into your thread title as it says "Convince ME". We cannot convince YOU because its based off personal preference.

And the fact you agree that you're incapable to share to the community what exacly you are considering good or not based on your own preferences proves my point.

Starcraft oldschool aka wise/04. SWG/UO aka Wise HeRo, Light Jedi Knight pre-cu (Bria)

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    You said convince you. Not ourselves. The reason I don't think they suck is purely out of player interaction. Joining a guild having fun, the feeling of beating the crap out of someone in pvp. It all just is personal preference. I enjoy grinding on monsters while chatting with friends. Pvping with random people. Crafting. Why does it matter if 97% of them suck? It shouldn't. 3% of them don't to you apparnetly so why even ask, just go play those 3%
  • xKopogeroxxKopogerox Member Posts: 68
    Originally posted by Mdpats

Why?  I don't work for you.  Convince yourself, please.  If that's the case then play the other 3% and stop complaining.

I don't need to convince myself. I'm already convinced, but you had the opportunity to convince me otherwise, but you clearly agreed with me with the fact you are trolling the thread rather than replay with appropriate response related to it.

• bound4hadesbound4hades Member UncommonPosts: 83
    Convince me why I want you playing mmos? Why should I care if you play or not, because I don't. I play them because I like what i'm playing and have no want or need to explain myself to you. Stop trolling the fourms and find something to do with your time.
  • TsuruTsuru Member UncommonPosts: 297

Ok. Obviously this guy is trolling. He telling us to convince him and yet now tells us he doesnt need convincing. So whats the point of this thread? Nothing. exactly. Thus troll.

/thread

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    me personally think 95% of FPS game suck(Bioshock Infinite is amazing btw).. does that mean 95% suck? no just means I don't really enjoy what they have to offer... no one can convience you a game is good or bad as everyone values games in a differn't way.. Some like action MMOs where you just run around and kill stuff, some like shooter MMOs like planetside or defiance, some like more complex ones like EvE. Then others love themeparks like WOW or TSW or GW2.. again no one can convince you of anything, you find what you enjoy if you don't enjoy any maybe the genre just isn't for you right now and i'd check back in a year or so...

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• VengeSunsoarVengeSunsoar Member EpicPosts: 6,601

Well:

1.  "Suck" is subjective.  No matter what objective criteria someone brings you could still say they suck and it's subjective, you would be right in your own mind.

2.  I haven't played 97% of all MMO's 

3.  Without serious conditioning over the long term, or psychotherapy and medication effects in the short term or torture no one can convince another of anything. 

I would say you are screwed.  Have fun. 

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it is bad.
  • funconfuncon Member UncommonPosts: 279
    I'll convince you if you convince me first.
This discussion has been closed.