Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Review by a level 50

124»

Comments

  • KareliaKarelia HeraklionPosts: 668Member
    Originally posted by steelwind
    ^ This guy speaks the truth, bravo! Archeage is in a completely different league, but everyone will see soon enough!

     

    can you define ''soon'' pls?   :)

  • theoneandonlytheoneandonly londonPosts: 102Member
    Originally posted by Manolios
    Originally posted by steelwind
    ^ This guy speaks the truth, bravo! Archeage is in a completely different league, but everyone will see soon enough!

     

    can you define ''soon'' pls?   :)

    end 2013 -  start 2014

  • KarteliKarteli Providence, PAPosts: 2,646Member
    Originally posted by Manolios
    Originally posted by steelwind
    ^ This guy speaks the truth, bravo! Archeage is in a completely different league, but everyone will see soon enough!

     

    can you define ''soon'' pls?   :)

    Trion said they are pushing for a western release later this year.

    Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

  • achesomaachesoma Portland, ORPosts: 1,000Member Uncommon

    What about the most important question of all:

     

    Are dwarves a playable race yet?

    image

  • MelancholyxMelancholyx Posts: 8Member
    Originally posted by Vymm

    Thats a boss review of the game to say the least.  BUMP for that alone.  I am not sure this is my type of game though.  I loved the tax/rent system of SWG.  Having to feed stuff sounds cool, but I would hate to go on vacation and come back with all my farm dead, stuff stolen and my house rotting to pieces.  I am sure some would love the realism of all that, for me it seems to be a bit much.  

    Also, the public trial sounds pretty nifty.  I would love to see that ... 

     

    Vymm

     

    You can make your ground usable by guild mates or friends. So if you go on vacation they can look after your crops or animals.

     

     

    Originally posted by achesoma

    What about the most important question of all:

     

    Are dwarves a playable race yet?

     

    Not yet.

  • coretex666coretex666 PraguePosts: 1,934Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Melancholyx

    A lot of you guys should really stop judging a game you have not played yet.

     

    I've been playing Archeage on Korean servers in a while and I want to tell you the following:

     

    • Yes, PvP is unbalanced - as it is in every single mmorpg I have played. However, theres 120 class combinations, you can choose whatever skills you want from talent trees and there's 3 kinds of armor and by changing these you can virtually turn your class into a 'new class' (at least it feels completely different). From my own experiences and from what I hear from other players, almost every specc is viable and has its niche - or at least is fun to play.
    • Yes, quests (especially on higher levels) are boring as fuck - however, take into consideration that most of us can't understand the quest texts and there's room for entertainment we can't see at the moment. In addition, you only do quests once. It takes a week or two to complete them all and you will never think of them again. Aside from that you don't even need to do quests at all if you don't want to.
    • Faction system is brilliant. It's what really makes the game so exciting. There's a ubiquious fear of being killed in almost every place in the games whole huge beautiful world, especially on the high seas! Everybody can kill everybody and you never know who you can really trust. There's west vs east vs pirates but there's also pirates vs other pirates fighting for this or that island, west guild A vs west guild B and so on. You can lose everything you worked for in a while when facing the wrong people at the wrong place in the wrong time. E.g. the trade route thing often leads to three or more party fights, betrayal, deception, hide and seek, drama or whatsoever. It's so exciting. Well, you really have to play the game (and have some koreans to tell you what's going on) to truly understand what I mean.
    • Themepark/Sandbox discussion is retarded. It's a great game that allows you to do a lot of cool stuff. Fun is what you make of it, not the box you put the game in.
    • YOU CAN BE A FRIGGIN PIRATE!
     
     
    I don't want to go too much into detail. The game is very complex and I could talk hours and hours about it. Just wanted to point out some things. Also keep in mind there's a lot of content not even released yet. No doubt, the game has its flaws, as every game has, but XLGames is working hard on this game.
     
    If you're an unpleasable, constantly complaining, prepubescent moron - stay away from the game. It's not perfect.
     
    If you are a fan of mmorpgs and want to have some fun, a good time with friends and you are in search for a new refreshing fantasy world, then give Archeage a shot. You might end up being disappointed because life is a bitch and you can't always get what you want or you might find a new exciting game to call home. Either way, you have to find out on your own and play the game.

    Would you be willing to throw here some info about character progression after you reach level 50? (Other than gear)

    Thanks

    Waiting for L2 EU Classic

  • TheHavokTheHavok San Jose, CAPosts: 2,398Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Melancholyx

    A lot of you guys should really stop judging a game you have not played yet.

     

    I've been playing Archeage on Korean servers in a while and I want to tell you the following:

     

    • Yes, PvP is unbalanced - as it is in every single mmorpg I have played. However, theres 120 class combinations, you can choose whatever skills you want from talent trees and there's 3 kinds of armor and by changing these you can virtually turn your class into a 'new class' (at least it feels completely different). From my own experiences and from what I hear from other players, almost every specc is viable and has its niche - or at least is fun to play.
    • Yes, quests (especially on higher levels) are boring as fuck - however, take into consideration that most of us can't understand the quest texts and there's room for entertainment we can't see at the moment. In addition, you only do quests once. It takes a week or two to complete them all and you will never think of them again. Aside from that you don't even need to do quests at all if you don't want to.
    • Faction system is brilliant. It's what really makes the game so exciting. There's a ubiquious fear of being killed in almost every place in the games whole huge beautiful world, especially on the high seas! Everybody can kill everybody and you never know who you can really trust. There's west vs east vs pirates but there's also pirates vs other pirates fighting for this or that island, west guild A vs west guild B and so on. You can lose everything you worked for in a while when facing the wrong people at the wrong place in the wrong time. E.g. the trade route thing often leads to three or more party fights, betrayal, deception, hide and seek, drama or whatsoever. It's so exciting. Well, you really have to play the game (and have some koreans to tell you what's going on) to truly understand what I mean.
    • Themepark/Sandbox discussion is retarded. It's a great game that allows you to do a lot of cool stuff. Fun is what you make of it, not the box you put the game in.
    • YOU CAN BE A FRIGGIN PIRATE!
     
     
    I don't want to go too much into detail. The game is very complex and I could talk hours and hours about it. Just wanted to point out some things. Also keep in mind there's a lot of content not even released yet. No doubt, the game has its flaws, as every game has, but XLGames is working hard on this game.
     
    If you're an unpleasable, constantly complaining, prepubescent moron - stay away from the game. It's not perfect.
     
    If you are a fan of mmorpgs and want to have some fun, a good time with friends and you are in search for a new refreshing fantasy world, then give Archeage a shot. You might end up being disappointed because life is a bitch and you can't always get what you want or you might find a new exciting game to call home. Either way, you have to find out on your own and play the game.

    Lol - thanks for posting that.  I always think the sandbox/themepark dsicussions are a little ridiculous.  From what i've seen and heard, the game sounds awesome and I can't wait to play!

  • MelancholyxMelancholyx Posts: 8Member
    Originally posted by coretex666

    Would you be willing to throw here some info about character progression after you reach level 50? (Other than gear)

    Thanks

     

    Can you specify what you mean?

  • coretex666coretex666 PraguePosts: 1,934Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Melancholyx
    Originally posted by coretex666

    Would you be willing to throw here some info about character progression after you reach level 50? (Other than gear)

    Thanks

     

    Can you specify what you mean?

    Sure.

    When you reach maximum level, is there still any way of making your character stronger? Other than gear.

    Are there any skill levels, perks, talents, anything that you are still getting at maximum level or do you get capped immediately when you hit level 50 and the only way your character can become stronger is obtaining better gear.

    Thx

    Waiting for L2 EU Classic

  • MelancholyxMelancholyx Posts: 8Member
    Originally posted by coretex666

    Sure.

    When you reach maximum level, is there still any way of making your character stronger? Other than gear.

    Are there any skill levels, perks, talents, anything that you are still getting at maximum level or do you get capped immediately when you hit level 50 and the only way your character can become stronger is obtaining better gear.

    Thx

     

    As far as I know it's all about gear regarding the 'strength' of your character once you reached level 50 and have access to all abilities in your talent trees. However, it takes A LOT of time and money to get the best availabe gear. You can also temporally increase stats by potions or food. In addition mounts, ships and gliders make your character more powerful in certain situations and you can obtain better ones of these.

    Moreover, in my opinion, the real strength of a character comes from the players ability to play the character well, so you actually never stop getting stronger.

    Then again, even the strongest character in the game is nothing if he's on his own against a whole island full of bloodthirsty pirates. :)

    Hope this helps.

  • coretex666coretex666 PraguePosts: 1,934Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Melancholyx
    Originally posted by coretex666

    Sure.

    When you reach maximum level, is there still any way of making your character stronger? Other than gear.

    Are there any skill levels, perks, talents, anything that you are still getting at maximum level or do you get capped immediately when you hit level 50 and the only way your character can become stronger is obtaining better gear.

    Thx

     

    As far as I know it's all about gear regarding the 'strength' of your character once you reached level 50 and have access to all abilities in your talent trees. However, it takes A LOT of time and money to get the best availabe gear. You can also temporally increase stats by potions or food. In addition mounts, ships and gliders make your character more powerful in certain situations and you can obtain better ones of these.

    Moreover, in my opinion, the real strength of a character comes from the players ability to play the character well, so you actually never stop getting stronger.

    Then again, even the strongest character in the game is nothing if he's on his own against a whole island full of bloodthirsty pirates. :)

    Hope this helps.

    Yes, it does.

    Thanks a lot for your effort :)

    Waiting for L2 EU Classic

  • maccarthur2004maccarthur2004 SPosts: 510Member
    Originally posted by coretex666
    Originally posted by Melancholyx
    Originally posted by coretex666

    Would you be willing to throw here some info about character progression after you reach level 50? (Other than gear)

    Thanks

     

    Can you specify what you mean?

    Sure.

    When you reach maximum level, is there still any way of making your character stronger? Other than gear.

    Are there any skill levels, perks, talents, anything that you are still getting at maximum level or do you get capped immediately when you hit level 50 and the only way your character can become stronger is obtaining better gear.

    Thx

     

    The "endgame" progress will be a little like Lineage 2: obtaining gear, enchanting them (a high risky, hard and expensive process) and enchanting skills.

     

     

    "What we are aiming in ArcheAge is to let the players feel the true fun of MMORPG by forming a community like real life by interacting with other players, whether it be conflict or cooperation." (Jake Song)

    image
  • coretex666coretex666 PraguePosts: 1,934Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by maccarthur2004
    Originally posted by coretex666
    Originally posted by Melancholyx
    Originally posted by coretex666

    Would you be willing to throw here some info about character progression after you reach level 50? (Other than gear)

    Thanks

     

    Can you specify what you mean?

    Sure.

    When you reach maximum level, is there still any way of making your character stronger? Other than gear.

    Are there any skill levels, perks, talents, anything that you are still getting at maximum level or do you get capped immediately when you hit level 50 and the only way your character can become stronger is obtaining better gear.

    Thx

     

    The "endgame" progress will be a little like Lineage 2: obtaining gear, enchanting them (a high risky, hard and expensive process) and enchanting skills.

     

     

    I played the early chronicles in L2 and loved it.

    The main difference in terms of progression I see between L2 and AA is that in L2, the maximum level was hardly obtainable, so that you could keep progressing with you character for years which was something I really appreciated.

    Do you know anything about how enchating in AA is done? Is it like in L2 that you have simple +x levels of items while having the chance of destroying the item when enchanting above certain +x?

    Waiting for L2 EU Classic

  • CyclopsSlayerCyclopsSlayer Minneapolis, MNPosts: 532Member
    Originally posted by coretex666

    I played the early chronicles in L2 and loved it.

    The main difference in terms of progression I see between L2 and AA is that in L2, the maximum level was hardly obtainable, so that you could keep progressing with you character for years which was something I really appreciated.

    Do you know anything about how enchating in AA is done? Is it like in L2 that you have simple +x levels of items while having the chance of destroying the item when enchanting above certain +x?

    Rather than deal with item breakage like in L2, RFO, etc... they use a different mechanic. 

     

    Items are built up through a series of upgrades. Say a Dagger, you first make a L5, then upgrade to L10 > L15 > L20 ... L40.  Item quality will depend on Crafters skill, and the quality of the base item but shouldn't be lower than was started with. Item quality can also be upgraded through a seperate crafting process.

    Up through L40 you make armor, jewelry, weapons on a standard recipe basis. ie. you craft a Strength ring, you get a strength ring.

    Starting at L44, again at L48 and L50, the craft result is of a random set. An armor piece at 44 will bo of 1 of 5 sets. 4 of the sets are standard, but no longer upgradeable. 1, and only 1, of the results can then be upgraded to the next tier at L48. The L48 craft is(was?) one of 7 sets, 6 are wearable, 1 is upgradeable to L50. Then at L50 you again get random results with one set going to L50 tier 2 etc...

    NOT for the squeemish!

  • coretex666coretex666 PraguePosts: 1,934Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by CyclopsSlayer
    Originally posted by coretex666

    I played the early chronicles in L2 and loved it.

    The main difference in terms of progression I see between L2 and AA is that in L2, the maximum level was hardly obtainable, so that you could keep progressing with you character for years which was something I really appreciated.

    Do you know anything about how enchating in AA is done? Is it like in L2 that you have simple +x levels of items while having the chance of destroying the item when enchanting above certain +x?

    Rather than deal with item breakage like in L2, RFO, etc... they use a different mechanic. 

     

    Items are built up through a series of upgrades. Say a Dagger, you first make a L5, then upgrade to L10 > L15 > L20 ... L40.  Item quality will depend on Crafters skill, and the quality of the base item but shouldn't be lower than was started with. Item quality can also be upgraded through a seperate crafting process.

    Up through L40 you make armor, jewelry, weapons on a standard recipe basis. ie. you craft a Strength ring, you get a strength ring.

    Starting at L44, again at L48 and L50, the craft result is of a random set. An armor piece at 44 will bo of 1 of 5 sets. 4 of the sets are standard, but no longer upgradeable. 1, and only 1, of the results can then be upgraded to the next tier at L48. The L48 craft is(was?) one of 7 sets, 6 are wearable, 1 is upgradeable to L50. Then at L50 you again get random results with one set going to L50 tier 2 etc...

    NOT for the squeemish!

    Sweet, it sounds like a rather longterm process. I like it.

    I can imagine it is not for everyone though :)

    Waiting for L2 EU Classic

124»
Sign In or Register to comment.