Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beta invites sent out?

Just got beta invite this morning. Looks like beta phase 2 for this weekend, starting april 12th.

Comments

• strangepowersstrangepowers Member UncommonPosts: 630

If you got one why the question mark in the subject header?

Can't you edit your subject header/title?

• jazz.bejazz.be Member UncommonPosts: 962

Are you guys from the NA or the EU zone?

I'm from the EU but my code apperantly only works for NA.

• omniskillzomniskillz Member Posts: 48

NA.

was a question cause I was surprised at the time.

Can't download client cause server is under maintenance :/

• grvmpybeargrvmpybear Member Posts: 90
    nvm derp

Currently playing: GW2 (Maguuma), DAoC (Uthgard), & Aion
    Waiting For / Watching: TUG, CU, Black Desert, Archeage,Wildstar, and ESO.

• deviltheorydeviltheory Member Posts: 33
    Originally posted by omniskillz

NA.

was a question cause I was surprised at the time.

Can't download client cause server is under maintenance :/

I was able to download the client this morning.  Obviously can't play till friday but I'm ready to go.

• RalstlinRalstlin Member UncommonPosts: 234

based on Roadmap, seems Phase1 and Phase2 are restricted Beta with a few maps aviable. Phase3 Will come with something more similar to Release, and Phase4 is Open Beta (Without Wipe) so every one can join and test it for free.

Waiting Phase4 here :D

• YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094

Some posts like this have been locked in the past, as you're technically not suppose to admit you're in beta under the NDA.  It isn't a serious violation, and could obviously be a mistake.  Though it's worth a mention so you don't get into trouble down the line on other sites.

Those who break the NDA may have their Square Enix accounts banned, including old FFXIV data so be careful.

:3

Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
  • moguy2moguy2 Member Posts: 337
    Originally posted by Yaevindusk

Some posts like this have been locked in the past, as you're technically not suppose to admit you're in beta under the NDA.  It isn't a serious violation, and could obviously be a mistake.  Though it's worth a mention so you don't get into trouble down the line on other sites.

Those who break the NDA may have their Square Enix accounts banned, including old FFXIV data so be careful.

Thats why I used some random email that doesnt tie me to anything to post on this website. Some poor sap has 100000 post updates and has no idea why!

• PwnagraphicPwnagraphic Member Posts: 8
    Originally posted by Yaevindusk

I think that falls under sharing video and pics while under the NDA more than claiming you were in beta. Half the lodestone said they were in beta when they invited all the Legacy members lol.

I'd still rather not take that chance though.

• AnikiMaXAnikiMaX Member Posts: 6
    where do you download the client? can't find it on the website or in my account...
  • cruelcyniccruelcynic Member Posts: 11
    Originally posted by AnikiMaX
    where do you download the client? can't find it on the website or in my account...

The beta forums has all that info in the getting started section.

i thought so but i can't even find the forum on the website...
  • WonderweissMWonderweissM Member UncommonPosts: 127

The email they sent me only gave me information that I was accepted into the Beta lmao.

It did not tell me which phase It is in, where do download the link, or even where the forums are located lol.

same here... only my key and nothing else... if it starts tomorrow how am i supposed to download it to be ready?

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/forums/12-English-Forums

Here are the forums. I am looking for a download link now.

that's the old FFXIV forum
    Oh....lmao....
    well i guess, most of the posts from the staff is from 2012 so... and i couldn't find any download thread

Ok, I found it.

Go to the email that gives you your beta key and click on the link.

There is a big red button that say register --> Under that is another red button that says Beta Tester Forums.

Hopes this helps.

• SharezjekSharezjek Member Posts: 5

I got my invite too, but when I go to put in my key I get a "Region is Unapplicable" or something message.

If the key is for NA then I guess being in Australia puts you in the EU region (?).

Too bad cos I've really been looking forward to this.

create a new account with NA should work fine, and thanks for the forum wonder
  • FluxiiFluxii Member Posts: 184

I got my invite yesterday too!  I hope this one is better than the last... I was in the first BETA (first as in before the game revamp) and I said (when I could) over and over then game was going to fall flat (especially to an NA crowd).  I mean, right out of the gate the controls were just horrible which blows half the game right there.

I love BETA (or Alpha on the rare occasion) testing though, so I test most games that I can (and luckily get into most).

As someone else mentioned though, the DL'er is awful right now... keeps stalling with no automatic resume.  Probably tons of people DLing at the same time right now.

oh well, GL on the revamp, we'll see this weekend!

I am downloading right now too, haha.

I am excited for tommorow.

• nbtscannbtscan Member UncommonPosts: 862
    Please limit your discussion to the official beta forums.  Technically you're not supposed to even mention you're in the Beta.  NDA will be raised in Phase 3, which according to the roadmap will probably be near the end of April, so you'll be able to discuss more freely then.
  • PwnagraphicPwnagraphic Member Posts: 8
    Lol guys.. C'mon and read! Getting all and excited and Shi'! xD