Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Elder Scrolls pvp info

RelGnRelGn Member Posts: 494

A friend of mine warhammer veteran told me that he is in closed beta and  that eso has the best pvp he has ever played.

Although i cant judge  because i havent seen it  but he sounded very enthusiastic.Could this be true?

Are we going to have at last some awesome pvp going?

Lets hope so.

let me know what you think

Comments

• immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610
    Hope so, it's the main reason I'm really excited about this title, for the PvP.

• CaldicotCaldicot Member UncommonPosts: 455
    Meerkats!

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe. - Carl Sagan

• WellzyCWellzyC Member UncommonPosts: 599

Well...  My cousin got into Rift beta and told me that the PVP was amazing in that game,. he raved about it for weeks.

But when I played it myself I was really dissapointed and thought it was really lack luster and boring.

The honeymoon phase always gets to people and makes the feel that the game is better than it really is. I hope he's right,. but I have been burned by early impressions before.

The way mmo's were: Community, Exploration, Character Development, Conquest.

The way mmo's are now : Cut-Scenes,Cut-Scenes, solo Questing, Cut-Scenes...

www.CeaselessGuild.com

• CthulhuPuffsCthulhuPuffs Member UncommonPosts: 368
    OP makes a thread titled "Elder Scrolls PvP Info" yet the only info he provides is "My friend in Beta says its good"

Bringer of Eternal Darkness and Despair, but also a Nutritious way to start your Morning.

Games Played: Too Many

• LivnthedreamLivnthedream Member Posts: 555
    Why would you want opinion from people who are uneducated?
  • WellzyCWellzyC Member UncommonPosts: 599
    Originally posted by CthulhuPuffs
    OP makes a thread titled "Elder Scrolls PvP Info" yet the only info he provides is "My friend in Beta says its good"

I agree, your title is very misleading.

The way mmo's were: Community, Exploration, Character Development, Conquest.

The way mmo's are now : Cut-Scenes,Cut-Scenes, solo Questing, Cut-Scenes...

www.CeaselessGuild.com

• RelGnRelGn Member Posts: 494

I understand it may be misleading but hey.

My friend is a pvp maniac and he was playing only warhamer online because it has the best pvp yet.

So from his history i trust him but i dont hold my breath.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by RelGn

My friend is a pvp maniac and he was playing only warhamer online because it has the best pvp yet.

I'm not sure his taste in PVP is similar to mine if he felt that way about WAR.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• CthulhuPuffsCthulhuPuffs Member UncommonPosts: 368

Uhh. Yeah, ok.

Gives me even less confidence in your friends opinion of ESO PvP

Here's an idea. Why not have your friend make a post here about his opinion of ESO PvP

Otherwise its heresay and inadmissable

Bringer of Eternal Darkness and Despair, but also a Nutritious way to start your Morning.

Games Played: Too Many

• jdlamson75jdlamson75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,010
    Originally posted by CthulhuPuffs

Uhh. Yeah, ok.

Gives me even less confidence in your friends opinion of ESO PvP

Here's an idea. Why not have your friend make a post here about his opinion of ESO PvP

Otherwise its heresay and inadmissable

I thought I was at mmorpg.com, not the Supreme Court.  Take what you will from ANY thread or post on these forums. 

• alterfenixalterfenix Member UncommonPosts: 370

Combat mechanics in WAR had it's strong sides but it had also some less appealing stuff. I can agree that it was better than in WoW and definitely more PvP friendly. But to be fair it was still far from top, even if we talk only about RvR games (ask some guys how stuff worked in DAoC).

So if by best he means better than WAR and resurrecting somewhat DAoC then this sounds promising. But if by best it means only a bit tweaked WAR then thanks but no thanks. It will be fun then. For some short period of time.

• wormedwormed Member UncommonPosts: 472
    Remember how revolutionary GW2's PvP was? Yea... I'll believe it when I play it.
  • baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

Originally posted by jdlamson75
    Originally posted by CthulhuPuffs Originally posted by RelGn I understand it may be misleading but hey. My friend is a pvp maniac and he was playing only warhamer online because it has the best pvp yet. So from his history i trust him but i dont hold my breath.
    Uhh. Yeah, ok. Gives me even less confidence in your friends opinion of ESO PvP   Here's an idea. Why not have your friend make a post here about his opinion of ESO PvP   Otherwise its heresay and inadmissable
    I thought I was at mmorpg.com, not the Supreme Court.  Take what you will from ANY thread or post on these forums. 

it not negative enough for him, if it was i am sure he would roll with the info and consider it a solid source lol

but yeah, either way, even if there were actual leaked beta forum posts, you cant judge how fun the game is for you unless you play it for yourself.

which is why i usually try games i am interested in myself and don't listen to what people on the forums say.

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

I don't even have to have a friend in Beta to know the AvA is going to be the greatest PvP since DAoC.  From all the known's and especially after listening to http://elderscrollsotr.mymiddleearth.com/2013/04/05/episode-63-pvped-1-9/ I already know it is going to be huge.  Not to mention with PvP guilds like Team Legacy leaving GW2 and are coming to ESO.

On top of this, we get a wonderous Skyrim like PvE world with huge areas to explore and a slow'er then normal leveling time to get players re-accustomed to old school style exploration centric non-linear questing and freedom.  Have a feeling this game will be a smashing success.  Cant wait to hear how my issues I currently have with the game will be handled such as Mega Server, Loot system, & Large Group content.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• AnakamiAnakami Member Posts: 103
    From what I read on the official website about their PvP/Cyrodill alone I am already very excited and happy with that system. I think this is what most people here don't understand. You can wish for faction by choice and open world PvE and also like their PvP mechanics :)
  • Caliburn101Caliburn101 Member Posts: 636
    Originally posted by azzamasin

I don't even have to have a friend in Beta to know the AvA is going to be the greatest PvP since DAoC.  From all the known's and especially after listening to http://elderscrollsotr.mymiddleearth.com/2013/04/05/episode-63-pvped-1-9/ I already know it is going to be huge.  Not to mention with PvP guilds like Team Legacy leaving GW2 and are coming to ESO.

On top of this, we get a wonderous Skyrim like PvE world with huge areas to explore and a slow'er then normal leveling time to get players re-accustomed to old school style exploration centric non-linear questing and freedom.  Have a feeling this game will be a smashing success.  Cant wait to hear how my issues I currently have with the game will be handled such as Mega Server, Loot system, & Large Group content.

Far be it from me to actually agree with you Azza - I have to say that now single toons can explore the whole gameworld, there is far less in this game that has me concerned.

It may well be that it is a success - and most enjoyable to play.

Fingers crossed...

• SquatchinSquatchin Member Posts: 93
    Originally posted by Caliburn101

Far be it from me to actually agree with you Azza - I have to say that now single toons can explore the whole gameworld, there is far less in this game that has me concerned.

It may well be that it is a success - and most enjoyable to play.

Fingers crossed...

This would be so awesome if this was something that was implemented. Taken from your link.

I have a question.

Do you know if the Dark Brotherhood is confirmed for ESO?
    If so, do you see there ever being a system in which players can actually put out contracts on other players?

That would be cool.

This would add so much to the game in my opinion, it would be fun to take the contracts and just go hunting your fellow man.

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300

A friend of mine warhammer veteran told me that he is in closed beta and  that eso has the best pvp he has ever played.

Although i cant judge  because i havent seen it  but he sounded very enthusiastic.Could this be true?

Are we going to have at last some awesome pvp going?

Lets hope so.

let me know what you think

I don't think they even enabled pvp yet

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266

"the AvA is going to be the greatest PvP since DAoC"

Wow dude you are setting yourself up for massive disappointment. Even if it is awesome, which I hope it is, saying it's the best thing since sliced bread is just putting up all sorts of likely unrealistic expectations.

• will75will75 Member UncommonPosts: 365
    Hillarious when people mention "team legacy" as a pvp guild of some noteworthyness. How about some guilds that have been playing for 5-10 years? They do still exist.... see: Sun,Sinister,DDH, The Regulators, Etc... lol TL... LOL

• MargulisMargulis Member CommonPosts: 1,614
    Originally posted by immodium
    Hope so, it's the main reason I'm really excited about this title, for the PvP.

The fact that this is an Elder Scrolls game and the developers made it in a way to result in comments like this just makes me sad.  I'm glad you're looking forward to the PvP - but it just makes me shake my head thinking of what could have been.

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

Originally posted by Margulis
    Originally posted by immodium Hope so, it's the main reason I'm really excited about this title, for the PvP.
    The fact that this is an Elder Scrolls game and the developers made it in a way to result in comments like this just makes me sad.  I'm glad you're looking forward to the PvP - but it just makes me shake my head thinking of what could have been.

the pvp in this game has nothing to do with the pve, its segregated.

• aslan132aslan132 Member UncommonPosts: 620

Originally posted by will75
    Hillarious when people mention "team legacy" as a pvp guild of some noteworthyness. How about some guilds that have been playing for 5-10 years? They do still exist.... see: Sun,Sinister,DDH, The Regulators, Etc... lol TL... LOL

Originally posted by baphamet

Originally posted by Margulis

Originally posted by immodium Hope so, it's the main reason I'm really excited about this title, for the PvP.

the pvp in this game has nothing to do with the pve, its segregated.

Never heard of any of those other guilds, except Team Legacy. Tried googling a couple, got a result for Sun in Ultima, so I wouldnt call that relevent, since the game is so old and the PVP doesnt compare to the 3 faction RVR type siege warfare of DAOC, GW2 and now ESO. Got a hit on Sinister for WoW and Conan, but also irrelevant for the same reasons. Dont know if those guilds you listed are up-to-date in modern MMOs, but I have heard of TL because of GW2. I would say they are relevant because they have made themselves a name in a recent game, not living in memory for dead games.

Do those guilds you named plan to play ESO? Because I heard TL is, and that was the posters point. A noteworthy guild whos going to play the game, not just a guild known in other games. If they dont play ESO, it doesnt matter what thier reputation is in a different game. 

For the PVE v PVP, im glad they took the steps they did to highlight the PVP. There will still be single player TES games, which are all about PVE, if youre going to be a multiplayer game, there should be PVP. If you arent into PVP, just wait for the next single player game, or get the multiplayer mod for Skyrim. ESO wont delay or impact the creation of the other Elder Scrolls games. 

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207

it wont be as good as these games for PVP, nowhere near as good

eve, daoc, shadowbane, planetside

i doubt it will be as good as these games for pvp

planetside 2, perpetuum, ac

it will possibly be on a par with these for pvp

war, gw2, gw1, aion

it should be better than these games for pvp

wow, swtor, tsw, aoc, eq, coh, rift

somewhere between GW2 and wow I suspect (e.g. between average and poor)

• pmilespmiles Member Posts: 383
    If you plan on PVPing in this game, you don't really PVP.