Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Poll: If ESO costs $15/month, will you play it?

Comments

• nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735
    Originally posted by Gaborik
    Originally posted by winter

If the games good i have no trouble paying a subscription.

While i understand times are tight for some what confuses me isthat some people have no problem pay $15 for a dinner or a movie, or night of drinks, but will only play a game that may give a months worth of entertainment for $15. Those same F2P crowd i have no doubt will be the first to complain if theres anything wrong with the game or customer service isn't fast enough etc.

Its Because Todays Society Has This Mentality That They Are ENTITLED To Everything For Free. This Younger Generation Is Growing Up With Everything Handed No Real Consequence For Living At Home Unti 30. If This Game Goes F2p You Are Spot On They Will Complain Its Not Free Enough For Them. If Its P2p They Will Be On Every Single Post Bashing The Game They Dont Even Play. These People Have Ruined Mmos And Will Continue To Ruin MmoS Along With Other Thibgs That Are Way More Important Than Video Games. To This Crowd Hate To Break The News....You Are Not ENTITLED To Crap In A VIDEO GAME!

B2p is not free!

• donjuanagaindonjuanagain Member UncommonPosts: 135
    Yes. Just like I have with every highly anticipated MMO that has come out in the past 5 years. In those five years I have graduated to buying the collectors editions of said MMO's. That means Ill probably go ahead and spend however much it is for the collectors edition for this game as well. Hopefully it will keep my attention a lot longer than SWTOR did.
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    Originally posted by nerovipus32
    Originally posted by alkarionlog
    i'm not even willing to play eso in f2p much less on P2P, its like tera for me, is just a generic mmo, have better things to play

Can i have a loan of your crystal ball when you're finished with it?

use your own, since you are saying the game is that good, I saw the pics I saw what is being promised I saw how the development is going, yeah not good for me, if you like go ahead, I still am busy to lose my time with this thing

FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    If the client is free (I know it won't be) or they charged no more than $40 for the client/box/key then maybe.  Even then, not until after a month has gone by after release.   I no longer feel the need nor desire to keep giving a game company money every month to play something I already paid for. 

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• GaborikGaborik Member Posts: 251

i'm not even willing to play eso in f2p much less on P2P, its like tera for me, is just a generic mmo, have better things to play

use your own, since you are saying the game is that good, I saw the pics I saw what is being promised I saw how the development is going, yeah not good for me, if you like go ahead, I still am busy to lose my time with this thing

But You Have Enough Time To Post On A Video Game You Have No Interest In Playing?
  • vtravivtravi Member UncommonPosts: 398
    I will only play if there is a sub option. A 100% f2p game I will avoid like the plague.  A hybrid model is fine but I prefer sub only.
  • winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281

But You Have Enough Time To Post On A Video Game You Have No Interest In Playing?

Odd isn't it?

• jmcdermottukjmcdermottuk Member RarePosts: 1,571
    You're missing a simple "No" in there, rather than qualifying it with a F2P.
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584

true, boredom on work is a strong thing lol

FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • GaborikGaborik Member Posts: 251
    Originally posted by rodingo

If the client is free (I know it won't be) or they charged no more than $40 for the client/box/key theMonthbe.  Even then, not until after a month has gone by after release.   I no longer feel the need nor desire to keep giving a game company money every month to play something I already paid for. 

First This Makes Absolutely No Sense At All. One Most Games These Days Cost More Than $40, Second When You Purchase An Mmo There Is No Monthly Fee The 1St month Its Included In The Box Price. 3Rd You Paid For The Game For A Month With You More Than $40 The $15/Month Is To Continue Playing You Didnt Pay For That With Your More Than $40.
  • SnakexSnakex Member UncommonPosts: 317

This might be kind of random. But seeing this post makes me want to mention something.

I remember when i first started MMOing when i was just a kid, and i have been MMOing ever since. But its changed a lot since then. When i use to always subscribe to that One game, play it day and night. It was my Home MMORPG. Yea i had my side touches, the F2P shooter, or the simple games on the side. Even if i went out and played those other games and cheated a bit on my Home MMO i still went back at the end of the night to that One MMO and when i logged in....

Everytime, It was like the flood gates opening. My whole friends list booming, whispers here and there. Raid invites, people talking to me. Telling me to hurry my ass up and get on vent. When my Home game was truly a home, full of people i knew for months or years. Not IRL, few of them yes, but not even most, Most of them were all made in-game friends.

I remember i paid 15 bucks a month not for updates, not for any of that shit, All that was just extra for me, i liked it, wanted it, but it wasnt first on my list of why im paying.

Why i was paying $15 a month, it was so I Can Have A Community To Play With, Befriend, and Enjoy the Game with.

• meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282
    Other: Maybe but only if I like it a lot in beta. If I don't like it or don't get a chance to play it in beta, then no.

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281
    Originally posted by cura
    Originally posted by winter

If the games good i have no trouble paying a subscription.

While i understand times are tight for some what confuses me isthat some people have no problem pay $15 for a dinner or a movie, or night of drinks, but will only play a game that may give a months worth of entertainment for $15. Those same F2P crowd i have no doubt will be the first to complain if theres anything wrong with the game or customer service isn't fast enough etc.

Whats so confusing? Obviously they dont get their moneys worth from those games. I myself prefer to buy a 0.7 Daniels and have a good evening then pay 15 bucks for some game i think is not worth it. This way at least im entertained for one evening instead of being bored for 30 days

Wasn't talking about bad games though. (TESO isn't out yet so can't judge weather its good or bad) If the games good enough to spend the time playing then to me its worth paying $15 a month. If your saying your willing to spend the time playing a game that boreing as long as it free then odviously you have more free time then me.

End point apples to apples instead of apples to lemons. You'd rather pay $15 for one night worth of drinks then $15 for 30 days of a game you DO find interesting and entertaining?

• LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266
    I voted Maybe but not for the reason's you listed. Professional reviews are nice to get some info on the game, but half the time you can't trust their opinions on it for varying reasons. I'd much rather get in the game myself and get a feel for it before I buy it. I would however prefer a subscription.

I'm not making assumptions about a game i have not played. The game could be good or it could be a stinker i don't know until i see it for myself.

• Squeak69Squeak69 Member UncommonPosts: 959

if i enjoy it hell yes i prefer a sub game, if i dont enjoy it then it wont matter cause i wont be playing it.

one condition though, if im paying a sub you better not have a cash shop that i need to use to get access to shit i already should have access to. thats to evil guilty love child of P2P and F2P. with B2P with cash shop being the evil twin.

F2P may be the way of the future, but ya know they dont make them like they used toimage
    Proper Grammer & spelling are extra, corrections will be LOL at.

• Valgar1Valgar1 Member UncommonPosts: 324
    Originally posted by ForumPvP

i would pay 25$ per month if  it was ES online,but TES sounds like free to play game alleady so no.

How does it sound free to play already?

The fact is none of these games are worth a subscription fee. The content is cheap, reskinned and repeditive..Now if i get better quality content every month for my subscription or more freedom to create within the game world then i'd have no problem subbing.
  • rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    Originally posted by rodingo
    If the client is free (I know it won't be) or they charged no more than $40 for the client/box/key theMonthbe.  Even then, not until after a month has gone by after release.   I no longer feel the need nor desire to keep giving a game company money every month to play something I already paid for. 

First This Makes Absolutely No Sense At All. One Most Games These Days Cost More Than $40, Second When You Purchase An Mmo There Is No Monthly Fee The 1St month Its Included In The Box Price. 3Rd You Paid For The Game For A Month With You More Than $40 The $15/Month Is To Continue Playing You Didnt Pay For That With Your More Than $40.

Yeh, it really doesn't matter to me if it makes sense to you or not.  I answered the OP's question and poll with my own answer.  You answer it with yours.  Hardly any western MMO (which is what this is) that has been out for a year or two past  their initial release hardly charge more than $40 for their client.  So what does that tell you? Simple,...I will wait and I MIGHT pay $15 a month if they charge $40 or less for the box.  If you can't understand that or if it blows your mind then woopy doo.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• eldariseldaris Member UncommonPosts: 353

No more preordering for me but if the information available from beta will make me think I could enjoy teso for at least a few months I will buy it on launch day.Subscription is not a problem as long the game is fun,I prefer spending 15 $ on a monthly subscription than on a 2h movie .

• ForumPvPForumPvP Member Posts: 871
    Originally posted by Valgar1

i would pay 25$ per month if  it was ES online,but TES sounds like free to play game alleady so no.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLOhG4sFEuo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrcEUO7TC28

and plenty more,no need to paste those here im sure you will get the message.

I try to imagine that TESO is the game,not just a game,The Game,like Morrowind etc was.

it will fight against other puny MMOs like 10 years atleast easily,with its instanced areas and without raids and whatever it doesnt have.

But theres allready plenty of free to play games doing that,more features less features, but doing the same thing.

Same combat ,same spells ,press 12345,123456,123445,1234556.

What I believe,those days are over,people wants more.

Planet Explorers have pretty much build-in Workshop in game and all kind of cool things.

Planet infinity gives allready those same chills that Daggerfall gave back then,but TESO on the other hands doesnt give anything.

Their graphics really doesnt matter much since after few years those are last season anyways,what matters then is the gameplay or lack of it in this case.

Let's internet

• Ironman2000Ironman2000 Member UncommonPosts: 310
    I voted no, but there was no "I will just continue to play skyrim some more" button image
  • baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

Originally posted by Valgar1 Originally posted by ForumPvP i would pay 25$ per month if  it was ES online,but TES sounds like free to play game alleady so no.  
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLOhG4sFEuo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrcEUO7TC28

and plenty more,no need to paste those here im sure you will get the message.

I try to imagine that TESO is the game,not just a game,The Game,like Morrowind etc was.

it will fight against other puny MMOs like 10 years atleast easily,with its instanced areas and without raids and whatever it doesnt have.

But theres allready plenty of free to play games doing that,more features less features, but doing the same thing.

Same combat ,same spells ,press 12345,123456,123445,1234556.

What I believe,those days are over,people wants more.

Planet Explorers have pretty much build-in Workshop in game and all kind of cool things.

Planet infinity gives allready those same chills that Daggerfall gave back then,but TESO on the other hands doesnt give anything.

Their graphics really doesnt matter much since after few years those are last season anyways,what matters then is the gameplay or lack of it in this case.

so you have played the game to know how the gameplay is?

• grndzrogrndzro Member UncommonPosts: 1,162
    The game will be garbage. it isn't being produced by Bethesda.
  • WaldoeWaldoe Member UncommonPosts: 642
    The pro f2p threads on this site never ever end do they? P2p is not going anywhere folks, sorry.