Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Poll: If ESO costs $15/month, will you play it?

boxsndboxsnd Member UncommonPosts: 438
Assuming the professional reviews on release day are great

DAoC - Excalibur & Camlann

Comments

• jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237

A sub price will not effect my decision to purchase or not. I actually prefer a sub model for most games. Maybe because I have paid them on MMOs for many years.

I voted Maybe. My decision will probably come a week or two after release.

• MikkhailMikkhail Member Posts: 21
    I'll give it a month or two ... then decide.
  • LivnthedreamLivnthedream Member Posts: 555
    Why all the shitty polls? There is simply not enough information yet to even come close to answering the question realistically.
  • GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    I said maybe.  I never pre-order games unless I've played them in beta and know exactly what I'm getting into.  I've only pre-ordered maybe 20 games in my lifetime, dating back to my preorder of my NES lol, which I still have the box and packing materials, and it still works.  The problem I have with ESO, is that I have a pretty good idea of what it's going to be like, but without 100% knowledge I won't pre-order anything.  I've only ever been let down twice with pre-ordering.  That was Shenmue 2 and swtor.  I wouldn't say it's a let down really for either of them.  I played them both and got my money's worth out of them, but they just weren't what I was expecting at all.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    i will purchase the game regardless of payment model. That said, i will only subscribe if the PvE is better than Skyrim's (being better is a matter of personal opinion, so if its better to me personally). Otherwise i already have Skyrim with even more replayability thanks to the modding community and no sub. The entire first free month will be enough for me to decide that.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003
    Originally posted by boxsnd
    Assuming the professional reviews on release day are great

if that's the case and my own opinion is that it's good then "yes" I will buy it and pay the paltry $15.00 per month. It's less than an hour's worth of work.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • ForumPvPForumPvP Member Posts: 871

i would pay 25$ per month if  it was ES online,but TES sounds like free to play game alleady so no.

Let's internet

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

Yes. The no-extra-money (I prefer that term to "free") month always included with purchase is more than enough for me to know if I'm going to pay more to keep playing. And that month alone is worth the initial $49.99 or whatever.

I spent $39.99 on Bioshock Infinite a couple of weeks ago and finished it in a weekend. I loved the game and felt I got my money's worth. Paying $15 for a month of MMO play I enjoy is a bargain by comparison.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• KareliaKarelia Member Posts: 668

not pre-ordering anymore. not paying anything anymore,  until at least  a month goes by and see the current state of the game. after that i can hold a monthly fee, if i think that the game deserves it.

enough with milking cows. at least for me :)

• Ngeldu5tNgeldu5t Member UncommonPosts: 608
    I chose may be because I still don't know enough about the game.And the fact that they removed all the videos from PAX 2013 has raised some redflags for me.

In the land of Predators,the lion does not fear the jackals...

• MysteryBMysteryB Member UncommonPosts: 355

Make NO mistake this game WILL be $15/month, it is to high dollar of an MMO to be free, I said the same thing about DC Universe and SWTOR before they announced their pay models and everyone was like "NO THEY WILL BE FREE YOU DONT KNOW ANYTHING" and I was right. 

Though they are both free to play now that is because the games didnt meet expectations, assuming this one is near as good as we all hope it is it will be a subscription based game.

Mystery Bounty

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    to be honest, whether the game has a sub, or is f2p is to me completely irrelevant, the only real question is whether the game is going to be any good or not. which so far, is a much much bigger question mark.image
  • SeariasSearias Member UncommonPosts: 743
    I am pre-ordering and paying a sub, need something to play until Camelot Unchained comes out.

<InvalidTag type="text/javascript" src="http://www.gamebreaker.tv/cce/e.js"></script><div class="cce_pane" content-slug="which-world-of-warcraft-villain-are-you" ctype="quiz" d="http://www.gamebreaker.tv"></div>;

• nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735
    I'm done with subscription mmo's, i've so many of them collecting dust on my shelf and don't want to have more games that i can't play unless i pay more money.
  • SupportPlayerMMSupportPlayerMM Member Posts: 310
    I'd pay to play Sponge Bob vs Hello Kitty if it was entertaining and enjoyable use of time. So i'd say Yes but if the product turns around to be all hype and horrible follow through ala Star Wars then no... Probably won't even buy it. Much easier to pay for the box price when you know the title could be hit or miss if it doesn't have a monthly fee and you can go back anytime. (Defiance, Secret World, Guild Wars2) I'd hope it follows their model makes my life easier and basically guarentees a box sell.
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    i'm not even willing to play eso in f2p much less on P2P, its like tera for me, is just a generic mmo, have better things to play
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364
    never again am I falling down that pit.

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

• DahkohtDahkoht Member UncommonPosts: 479
    Absolutely - prefer sub games honestly.
    Originally posted by alkarionlog
    i'm not even willing to play eso in f2p much less on P2P, its like tera for me, is just a generic mmo, have better things to play

Can i have a loan of your crystal ball when you're finished with it?

• shocklesshockles Member Posts: 7
    I will for sure pay for a $15 sub model game. Usually means the developers will be more involved.
  • aslan132aslan132 Member UncommonPosts: 620

Im saying no here. There are a ton of free or buy to play games out there, some that still fall into the AAA category. I just dont see any MMO warranting a subscription anymore. And the numbers agree with me. Any MMO that tries to have a sub lasts maybe 6 months before going free. IF they choose to have a sub, it will only be temporary. Subs and box prices are a great way for them to recoup cost of development, then when subs fall, they go free to get whatever else they can. Its becoming an industry standard, and I would sooner just wait it out. 

On that note, if you asked me a month ago, theres a possibility I would have said yes. That was before I got interested in WildStar. I still hope to be able to play both games, but ESO only offers two thing, PVE or Cyrodill. While WildStar on the other hand offers PVE, World PVP (contested zones), Warplots (Flying fortress battles/GvG), PVE raiding, player housing and arenas. If ESO is going to compete with that, they need to add back PVE raiding, and add in player housing and arena PVP. 

Im sorry, but you cant offer less than other games, but then expect people to pay more for them. Thats a bad business plan

• winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281

If the games good i have no trouble paying a subscription.

While i understand times are tight for some what confuses me isthat some people have no problem pay $15 for a dinner or a movie, or night of drinks, but will only play a game that may give a months worth of entertainment for $15. Those same F2P crowd i have no doubt will be the first to complain if theres anything wrong with the game or customer service isn't fast enough etc.

Originally posted by winter

If the games good i have no trouble paying a subscription.

While i understand times are tight for some what confuses me isthat some people have no problem pay $15 for a dinner or a movie, or night of drinks, but will only play a game that may give a months worth of entertainment for $15. Those same F2P crowd i have no doubt will be the first to complain if theres anything wrong with the game or customer service isn't fast enough etc.

It all depends where your priorities lie, i'd rather be spending my money on dinner or a movie to be honest. I have paid subscription fees for over 10 years and i'm done now.

• BrucyBonusBrucyBonus Member Posts: 220
    If it is a good game  I would prefer a sub to F2P.
  • GaborikGaborik Member Posts: 251
    Originally posted by winter

If the games good i have no trouble paying a subscription.   While i understand times are tight for some what confuses me isthat some people have no problem pay $15 for a dinner or a movie, or night of drinks, but will only play a game that may give a months worth of entertainment for $15. Those same F2P crowd i have no doubt will be the first to complain if theres anything wrong with the game or customer service isn't fast enough etc.

Its Because Todays Society Has This Mentality That They Are ENTITLED To Everything For Free. This Younger Generation Is Growing Up With Everything Handed No Real Consequence For Living At Home Unti 30. If This Game Goes F2p You Are Spot On They Will Complain Its Not Free Enough For Them. If Its P2p They Will Be On Every Single Post Bashing The Game They Dont Even Play. These People Have Ruined Mmos And Will Continue To Ruin MmoS Along With Other Thibgs That Are Way More Important Than Video Games. To This Crowd Hate To Break The News....You Are Not ENTITLED To Crap In A VIDEO GAME!