Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What would you consider hands off in your mmos ?

• VolkonVolkon Sterling, VAPosts: 3,788Member

I've been playing GW2 since release, so now there are things that would be an instant "no thanks" for me...

Lack of dodge-rolling. It's become such a habit now that any combat systems without it seem boring and dead.

Competitive PvE. Seriously, we both hit a mob but only one of us can get credit for doing so? The PvE world should encourage you to work with others. I should have you see someone else showing up as a good thing, not a bad one.

Static, dead questing system. The thoughts of the old style "!" based quest systems where you only get credit for killing mobs if you have a certain quest, where nothing ever changes, even for a short while... blah. Defiance is a little close to doing this OK, but phasing instead of a dynamic event system... not quite good enough. (It's still a fun game though.)

Subscriptions. The need to shell out cash every month to get access to a game I bought... ANet has pretty much proven that that's a stupid idea.

The Trinity, or hard, set roles for a character. OK, it was fun with WoW, but seeing combat where the skills and what they do are more important than the rotation means I can't go back to a generic trinity system.

Slow travel for the wrong reasons. GW2 has waypoint map travel. Hop around the world as you see fit! It's WONDERFUL! But, there's a reason they can get away with this and it works so well... no need for forced time sinks to stretch your playtime to give the illusion you're getting your money's worth for your subscription. Same problem with mounts, most mounts are to give you the illusion that you're getting more value for your money because you can slow travel a little less slowly. Hey, if we're going to run a dungeon it's much better to waypoint there and have at it than it is to take a fifteen minute afk flight there solely because it eats the clock.

There are more, but I'm tired of typing for now.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• bliss14bliss14 eleva, WIPosts: 565Member

Deal breaker - anime style graphics

I can work with most of what people have listed here unless the game is just all around bad but not that.

• DamonVileDamonVile Vancouver, BCPosts: 4,818Member

Real pay to win cash shops. Games that sell damage boosts or gear that is better than what you can get in game ect.

PvP focused games. I don't really like pvp in mmos. If I want to pvp I play a fps or a game like WOT.

And more and more games that turn free to play after launch. They seem to lose all focus on why ppl play games and make  it feel like you just walked into someones place of business. I've almost always spent money in the f2p games I play but I don't like having to play with my cc always on my desk.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon santa clara, CAPosts: 23,421Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by nariusseldon
    Originally posted by Lovely_Laly

Originally posted by nariusseldon
    My list of will-not-play:

- lack of dungeon finder

- lack of AH

- non-fun combat

- lack of good instanced content

- requiring a sub

this but not only

- I'll never play game unable to send me check-in mail correctly! (1)

- I dislike bad graphic and poor customization. (2)

- I stay away from persistent Item Shop (ex: when I need to pay for mount at the start) (3)

- I stay away from game with bad feedback on forums and FB. (4)

- I stay away / very bored of old school games with slow progress and endless combat. (5)

Definitely add (2) and (5) to my list. The others i can tolerate.

oh i have on more

- not interested if it takes years to see most of the content.

• CecropiaCecropia Posts: 3,567Member Uncommon
    As long as it isn't a "F2P" throwaway McCrap MMO, I'll at least give it consideration. When I'm looking for a quicky I'll fire up a game from a genre better suited for that type of gameplay.

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

• ShaighShaigh Posts: 640Member Uncommon
    • Permadeath
    • Full-loot PvP
    • XP-loss on death
    • Indie fantasy sandbox with FFA-PvP
    • 2-faction MMO with RvR
    • Themeparks without raiding
    • P2W/P2progress_much_faster
    • Any game published by Gameforge Berlin (formerly known as Frogster)
  • nerovipus32nerovipus32 dublinPosts: 2,735Member
    If a game is fun i'll play it, if it's not fun i won't. Simple really.