Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Comments

• NL-RikkertNL-Rikkert Member UncommonPosts: 134

the official page says: "Meet the ogrim, one of the Daedra you'll encounter in The Elder Scrolls Online."

WTF Daedra? it's just a bloody fat troll who had one to many sweetrolls and now has wiggly tits >.<

STOOPID
    When someone does something so utterly moronic that it kills your brain cells at the very thought of it.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Who knew flabby (nice animation of the flab) fat guys could move that fast.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735
  • imaginaimagina Member Posts: 104

The more i see "graphics" and animations coming from "ESO" the more it feels like any other korean mmo, this "plastic" and unrealistic design would be better in a game like Tera online, not to talk about the poor animations of it's walking / mouth ruminating, and how he charges that "player" or npc whatever.

Apart from the "flabby" feel of his tummy, he feels and Looks very mmo-generic.

The overall quality of ESO in comparison of what Bethesda is used to, feels like it's outsourced to some third party cheap asian studio.

Originally posted by imagina

The more i see "graphics" and animations coming from "ESO" the more it feels like any other korean mmo, this "plastic" and unrealistic design would be better in a game like Tera online, not to talk about the poor animations of it's walking / mouth ruminating, and how he charges that "player" or npc whatever.

Looks like the Ogrim from morrowind to me.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937

The overall quality of ESO in comparison of what Bethesda is used to, feels like it's outsourced to some third party cheap asian studio.

Actually, that's not my sense.

The Ogrim doesn't look much different than a , well "Ogrim".

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    Originally posted by nerovipus32

It doesn't, not even close, it's another gimmick / take on lotr ogre's, not what usually comes from bethesda, it's even ten feet under the quality of RECENT Bethesda graphical improvement on how they model and texture their games, and this "thing" (even characters / armor models of eso) have nothing on it. No-thing, i'm not talking about how bethesda made the ogrim look in morrowind, i'm talking about the "average" look of this game, both graphically and animation wise.

The animations are actually very high quality, just look at the hands.

It doesn't, not even close, it's another gimmick / take on lotr ogre's, not what usually comes from bethesda, it's even ten feet under the quality of RECENT Bethesda graphical improvement on how they model and texture their games, and this "thing" (even characters / armor models of eso) have nothing on it. No-thing, i'm not talking about how bethesda made the ogrim look in morrowind, i'm talking about the "average" look of this game, both graphically and animation wise.

I posted a picture above of the ogrim from morrowind, it's exactly the same albeit morrowinds version is a bit dated looking.

I think you should wait to get into the game before that statment is made. Not becuase that's the party line that "you should wait until you see the game blah blah blah" but because the feeling I got from the game was that things were a bit more realistic looking than the screen shots and videos made them out to be.

Not that we are getting skyrim online of course.

However, I would agree that some of the things I've seen in some of the videos are atrocious. Like those big horned helmets.

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

I posted a picture above of the ogrim from morrowind, it's exactly the same albeit morrowinds version is a bit dated looking.

This is nowhere close from an Ogrim original design from morrowind that was much more looking like the rock giant from "a neverending story" than a generic / troll / ogre's body and face from a very bad lotr spin off.

Not close by any stretch of the imagination.

This is nowhere close from an Ogrim original design from morrowind that was much more looking like the rock giant from "a neverending story" than a generic / troll / ogre's body and face from a very bad lotr spin off.

it's not that far off

Originally posted by Sovrath

I think you should wait to get into the game before that statment is made. Not becuase that's the party line that "you should wait until you see the game blah blah blah" but because the feeling I got from the game was that things were a bit more realistic looking than the screen shots and videos made them out to be.

Not that we are getting skyrim online of course.

However, I would agree that some of the things I've seen in some of the videos are atrocious. Like those big horned helmets.

Yep, and sorry spilling some brutal truth, but the screenshots already make the game graphics feel old and characters armor very "simplistic" over a game like skyrim or even , oblivion, they feel like half assed plastic suits with shoulders and helmet not entirely matching the pyjama's thing they are wearing. IT also feels like they choose to "comic" stylise a bit of their char design over their usual realism, but like bioware, that's just a cheap trick to spare a huge amount of polygons and work time.

middle range Pc's can handle much more than these 4K poly chars even if displayed by the thousands, the game feels already very old to me seeing how the characters / animations behave and ennemies too.

it's not that far off

Nice understatement. :)

I would say "almost frigging identical."

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

Next people will be complaining about how the grass in ESO doesn't represent the epic feel of grass from previous elder scrolls titles.
    Originally posted by Iselin

it's not that far off

Let's begin by its face shall we ? The original had more a toad face on the lower part, it had "double" pectorals because, wel, he was much more "fatter" didn't have "spikes" coming from everywhere on it's body, and not wearing that ogrish style leather thing, the "new" ogrim also has no ring on his nipple but it's a silly detail.

This "new" version is much more close to a fan serviced ogrim to look more like an half assed lotr ogre than an actual ogrim.

And i stay with that statement.

Yep, and sorry spilling some brutal truth,

As I said, some of the screenshots and movies are pretty bad. However, from playing the game I can say that it's less ridiculous than you are making it out to be.

Would I prefer something more identical to Skyrim online? Yes!

Is it LOTRO "quality"? not by a long shot.

Wait until you get into the game and see how things are. You might be surprised.

Let's begin by its face shall we ? The original had more a toad face on the lower part, it had "double" pectorals because, wel, he was much more "fatter" didn't have "spikes" coming from everywhere on it's body, and not wearing that ogrish style leather thing, the "new" ogrim also has no ring on his nipple but it's a silly detail.

This "new" version is much more close to a fan serviced ogrim to look more like an half assed lotr ogre than an actual ogrim.

The new version, except the inclusion of the spikes (which is admittedly ridiculous to my taste) , is just more detailed and believeable. There is still a pronounced lower jaw from the fat, it's just not ridiculously so. What's more imposing a giant fat frog man or a solid "ogreish" beast man? the newer version seems more solid as opposed to overly fatty.

since it's not a total beast, adding some sort of clothing makes sense.

I just think you are nitpicking. However, I'll add that we'll just agree to disagree on this point.

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

OP is clearly trolling (no pun intended)

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by baphamet

OP is clearly trolling (no pun intended)

I don't think it's the OP you're thinking of. :p

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,306

it's not that far off

Don't forget that the horns are pointed the wrong direction, too. /rage

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

Originally posted by Distopia
    Originally posted by baphamet OP is clearly trolling (no pun intended)
    I don't think it's the OP you're thinking of. :p

yeah i just realized that lol

you know who i meant :D

Originally posted by WhiteLantern

it's not that far off

Don't forget that the horns are pointed the wrong direction, too. /rage

And the toes! How did I miss the toes the first time? 3 vs. 5. As we all know, phalangial physiognomy is of critical importance. I stand corrected. They're like night and day. No resemblance whatsoever.

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    I think people here read into things too much. To the average gamer who might not care what the original looked liked, that video quality was very high quality, especially in MMO terms. The animations were smooth and the detail of everything looks amazing. I actually wasn't sure if it was a trailer, so I'm surprised by some of the reactions here considering whats out today.

There Is Always Hope!

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    I demand Skyrim quality graphics so only 10% of the people can play and appriciate the game and it will suck like EQ2 did when it first hit the shelves and most could not make it work except on low graphics settings.