Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Proposal - Increasing the Pledge

HagnarHagnar Member UncommonPosts: 39

Although Mark said many times that Camelot Unchained already has the highest pledge per backer, I believe so much in this project that, meanwhile I spread the word to reach many people as possible, I want to upgrade my tier in order to enhance the total amount of donations. Who's with me? 

Born as a berserker, I was also a hero, a bounty hunter, a paladin ,a troubador and a paladin once again during my Mmo''s experiences .. Now travelling in a galaxy looking for a new adventure

Comments

• meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282
    Originally posted by Hagnar

Although Mark said many times that Camelot Unchained already has the highest pledge per backer, I believe so much in this project that, meanwhile I spread the word to reach many people as possible, I want to upgrade my tier in order to enhance the total amount of donations. Who's with me? 

Marks wants us to wait until later to increase our donations. He doesn't want people on the fence thinking they don't have to donate at all because us enthusiasts will do all the funding for them. It's important to have as wide a base of backers as possible not just to reach the dollar goal. There will be a time when you should upgrade your tier but not today.

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,268

I pledged 250 USD allready. That is enough for me, even though I would love to get in-game credits.

The 175 and 350 gets it but not me :( ( 250 USD)

• TuktzTuktz Member Posts: 299

Yeah I did $250 already for the lifetime sub. I think I'll stick with that.

I've spent my energy since then going to every community/forum I've played with the past 10 years, and talking up CU. Basically just trying to spread the hype.

Also without being sir spamsalot, I try to mention it to people in other games I'm playing currently.That can be touchy though, becuase some can get defensive of the game they're currently playing, and don't want to lose players. Just try to be nice, and informative, and know when to leave people alone if  they want to be lol.

I feel successful if I can at the least get people curious enough to go look at the website, because then they'll see the foundational principles, the blogs, the videos, and the kickstarter updates.

Basically the more people going to read up / research on it to become informed, the more backers we'll get. Of course not everyone who learns more will be enthused about it (I have many friends who are mindless pve-aholics that would have no interest in a game like this). But as long as a percentage of them come to our side, thats success.

If there are a ton of people on the fence right now, to me that ball is more in CSE / MJ's court to convince more of them to tip the scale in CU favor. 

MMO history - EVE GW2 SWTOR RIFT WAR COH/V EQ2 WOW DAOC
    Tuktz - http://www.heretic.shivtr.com/

• naezgulnaezgul Member Posts: 374
    Originally posted by MikeJezZ

I pledged 250 USD allready. That is enough for me, even though I would love to get in-game credits.

You will....that was an inadvertent omission , MJ stated in comment on KS that tier gets in-game thanks.

• MarkJacobsMarkJacobs CEO City State EntertainmentMember RarePosts: 649

FYI, I told people yesterday (in the comments), that was an errata in the grid. We'll be uploading new grids later today with a couple of errors corrected, a couple of tiers adjusted based on feedback, etc.

Edit: Nice Naezgul, you beat me to that one. :)

Mark Jacobs
    CEO, City State Entertainment

• ArbroathArbroath Member UncommonPosts: 176
    I'm also waiting to the end to increase my pledge. I went with the $110 tier, but will prolly buy founders points on the last day or near the last day. Even if we have reached goal by then I need me some more FPs !!

It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom — for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself. ~Declaration of Arbroath

• fanglofanglo Member UncommonPosts: 314
    I'm already at the $5k tier, not much more I can do unless I want to double my pledge. It would be nice if there was a 7,500 tier.

I healed Mistwraith and all I got was this stupid tee-shirt!

• meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282
    Originally posted by Arbroath
    I'm also waiting to the end to increase my pledge. I went with the $110 tier, but will prolly buy founders points on the last day or near the last day. Even if we have reached goal by then I need me some more FPs !!

Mark,

The above reminds me that the Kickstarter page still doesn't explain what a FP cost of 20-100 means for Reserve Name and several other items. Without knowing that, it's hard to judge whether buying more FP is worthwhile. The explanation should be put right there on the part of the Kickstarter page where it shows the Founder's Exchange and what will be in it. Founders shouldn't have to read through comments or external web forums to find it. Put an asterisk (*) next to Reserve Name then at the bottom of the Founder's Exchange graphic explain what the asterisk means, for instance.

Also one obvious upgrade many people will consider towards the end if funding is in doubt is going from $110 to $175. But that actually costs you 1% in your sub discount. You might want to make the $175 tier have the 7% discount too if not 7.5%.

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• PRX_sklurbPRX_sklurb Member Posts: 167
    Originally posted by fanglo
    I'm already at the $5k tier, not much more I can do unless I want to double my pledge. It would be nice if there was a 7,500 tier.

Ask and ye shall receive?

CLICK: »»» http://CamelotUnchained.net «««

• MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,268

Originally posted by naezgul

You will....that was an inadvertent omission , MJ stated in comment on KS that tier gets in-game thanks.

Oh, I haven't seen the comment about this. Thank you very much for clearing that up :)

Only downside is probably thouands of players will be in the thanks in-game credits since allmost all the tier's allmost grant it :P

Originally posted by MarkJacobs

FYI, I told people yesterday (in the comments), that was an errata in the grid. We'll be uploading new grids later today with a couple of errors corrected, a couple of tiers adjusted based on feedback, etc.

Edit: Nice Naezgul, you beat me to that one. :)

Thank for clearing that up. As said before,  i haven't read about the comments on the KS. I just watch the news and vids and all that :)

• MortifyMortify Member Posts: 95
    Towards the end of the KS i might up my $250 pledge with some founder's points, but for me $250 is enough for now.

Methos, Armsman, EU Excalibur
    Jager, Infiltrator, EU Excalibur
    Phos, Cleric, EU Excalibur
    Mortify, Sorcerer, EU Excalibur

• tenfoldedmighttenfoldedmight Member Posts: 54

I have already pledged more then twice i've done for any other game. But some of the founder stuff you can buy with FPs seem very interesting so im thinking i'll give some love to my tier in the last days with some extra Founders Points.

• fanglofanglo Member UncommonPosts: 314
    Originally posted by tenfoldedmight

I have already pledged more then twice i've done for any other game. But some of the founder stuff you can buy with FPs seem very interesting so im thinking i'll give some love to my tier in the last days with some extra Founders Points.

I'll probably do the same. $50 gives you a ton of FP's.

I healed Mistwraith and all I got was this stupid tee-shirt!

• KinchyleKinchyle Member Posts: 309
    Is this really what you people do every day? Create thread for things like this? The pledge is the pledge. They know what they are doing. Even if they dont...why this thread?
  • SorninSornin Member Posts: 1,133

I feel that CSE is doing a good job of revealing the sort of content that should drive more pledges from more backers. This "The Depths" update was amazing and should have a lot of people drooling. I hope that various news sites give it appropriate coverage because it has the potential to be massively entertaining. I mean, it combines a lot of types of gameplay into one. You capture the area, you defend the area, you gather/craft in the area, you fight NPCs in the area, you can BECOME an NPC in the area, and you can view what is happening in the area. It is a big ball of awesome.

At any rate, the excuses people have been using to slag CU (and Mark to an extent) are beginning to be made invalid. People wanted something new and different? Done. People wanted something like Darkness Falls? This has the same spirit, just done differently and way better. People wanted assurance there will be some PvE gameplay? Done, just no leveling/loot drops.

I can't wait for more reveals!