Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Camelot Unchained nr 1 on hot list today on kicktraq!

MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,268

http://www.kicktraq.com/hotlist/

This is pretty cool considering there's so many other kickstarters.

But sadly the one least funded :P

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500

The pledges per day value (to succeed) seems to be slowly growing each day this week, I had rather throught there's be some fun new info released when the 1M barrier was crossed, but perhaps they are using more date related milestones to provide more info.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282
    Originally posted by Kyleran

The pledges per day value (to succeed) seems to be slowly growing each day this week, I had rather throught there's be some fun new info released when the 1M barrier was crossed, but perhaps they are using more date related milestones to provide more info.

They were originally going to release some stretch goals when it hit $1 million but Mark wanted to polish the presentation for those a bit more first. He now says Friday for those to be released.

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• gylnnegylnne Member UncommonPosts: 322
    Originally posted by meddyck

They were originally going to release some stretch goals when it hit $1 million but Mark wanted to polish the presentation for those a bit more first. He now says Friday for those to be released.

Looking forward to this.:)

• MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,268
    Originally posted by meddyck

I would love to see this.

But I fear we won't reach 2 mill anymore at this rate :(

• meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282
    Originally posted by MikeJezZ

It's where the game is at 11:56am on May 2 that matters not what it brings in on any given day. Patience.

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969

I just don't understand why people are so excited for CU when so little has been shown.

I have never considered pledging to a kickstarter, but Gloria Victis almost looks good enough to get some money from me.

• KarraptathidKarraptathid Member Posts: 78

Typically in a kickstarter, the first week and last week is when the big donation numbers roll in.  This is why Kickstarter recommends that only a 30 day window should be used.   Middle two weeks are pretty much the weakest period of the funding drive. 

Midranki - To us, Thidranki Faste is not just some center keep, it's our field Guild Hall.
    Camelot Unchained's Kickstarter - Warrior Forever

• MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,268
    Originally posted by Karraptathid

Typically in a kickstarter, the first week and last week is when the big donation numbers roll in.  This is why Kickstarter recommends that only a 30 day window should be used.   Middle two weeks are pretty much the weakest period of the funding drive. 

Oh I see.

I have never founded a kickstarter before so I did not know this.

• StilerStiler Member Posts: 599

Yeah, usually the first few days, and the last few days are the biggest funding parts of a kickstarter.

Shroud of the Avatar gained over 300k (IIRC) in it's last 24 hours.

A lot of people "wait and see" how a kickstarter does (if it has a chance of funding, hitting stretch goals, etc) befor ethey pledge.

Even though kickstarter takes 0 money if a project doens't meet its goal a lot of people still wait til the last day or so to pledge.

• collektcollekt Member UncommonPosts: 328
    Originally posted by Thorkune

I just don't understand why people are so excited for CU when so little has been shown.I have never considered pledging to a kickstarter, but Gloria Victis almost looks good enough to get some money from me.

I don't mean to come off like a dick, but I am SOOOOOO incredibly tired of reading this exact post over and over. It's called KickSTARTER not KickFINISHER. If you don't feel the need to pledge, then that's fine. But the whole world doesn't need to know every time one of you decides there isn't enough shown yet for you. 

People are excited for the concept of a purely RvR/PvP based MMO. Is that so hard to understand? There isn't another game like it out there anywhere.

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969
    Originally posted by collekt

I just don't understand why people are so excited for CU when so little has been shown.

I have never considered pledging to a kickstarter, but Gloria Victis almost looks good enough to get some money from me.

I don't mean to come off like a dick, but I am SOOOOOO incredibly tired of reading this exact post over and over. It's called KickSTARTER not KickFINISHER. If you don't feel the need to pledge, then that's fine. But the whole world doesn't need to know every time one of you decides there isn't enough shown yet for you. 

People are excited for the concept of a purely RvR/PvP based MMO. Is that so hard to understand? There isn't another game like it out there anywhere.

Well...I don't mean to come off like a realist, but I stand by my statement. I was always told by my grand pappy to never buy a pig in a poke. I am not against kickstarters, I am against throwing money at a promise.

• TumblebutzTumblebutz Member UncommonPosts: 322

Well...I don't mean to come off like a realist, but I stand by my statement. I was always told by my grand pappy to never buy a pig in a poke. I am not against kickstarters, I am against throwing money at a promise.

Sage advice, but sometime or another, you'll need to have faith in something.

Emeryc Eightdrakes - Ranger of DragonMyst Keep - Percival

RED IS DEAD!

• ArbroathArbroath Member UncommonPosts: 176

Your Grand Pappy sounds like someone that never took a chance in his life...poor guy

It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom — for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself. ~Declaration of Arbroath