Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Burning Corpses (WARNING: Wild Internet Speculation inside)

2»

Comments

• ZiftylrhavicZiftylrhavic GrenoblePosts: 222Member
    Originally posted by Krullen

"and last but not least divine intervention"

Well that sounds like a chaos teaser. The hand of god falls down on a random dead person and rezzes them on the spot. Awesome.

In DAoC DI is a realm ability from the healer classes that adds a HP pool healing any player of the group excluding the caster when his HP goes under 75%, and that last something like 20 min with 10 min recast.

Well, by reading this part of the sentence again : "dead = dead, when dead your body can be burned/magically attacked by the enemy (takes time) or you can release" it seems more like to me than burning corpse will be a forced release.
  • MarkJacobsMarkJacobs CEO City State Entertainment Fairfax, VAPosts: 473Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Ziftylrhavic

Well that sounds like a chaos teaser. The hand of god falls down on a random dead person and rezzes them on the spot. Awesome.

In DAoC DI is a realm ability from the healer classes that adds a HP pool healing any player of the group excluding the caster when his HP goes under 75%, and that last something like 20 min with 10 min recast.

DI is a throwback to my old PnP gaming days. Krullen is absolutely correct. Chaos, powerful beings, etc. play a role in Camelot Unchained.

Mark Jacobs
    CEO, City State Entertainment

• GKermichilGKermichil Hibernia, IDPosts: 32Member
    Originally posted by grogstorm

From Update #11

" 7) What’s the death penalty going to be like in Camelot Unchained?

For battles to be meaningful, I believe that Camelot Unchained needs to have a death penalty that stings a little bit. No perma-death, no corpse looting (there are rewards but that is complicated) but also - no instant rez (rez takes time), no self-rez (even for healers), dead = dead, when dead your body can be burned/magically attacked by the enemy (takes time) or you can release, no item decay on death (use/enemy attack based only), limited bind points (there is a healer + crafter mechanic that can come into play), “rez sickness” like mechanic and last but not least divine intervention. "

I think it would be nice to add item decay if you stay arround and let them burn your corpse.  This would help prevent dead bodies from staying arround just to send intel.

I caught that as well.  Burning a body to decay their items would definitely encourage a quick / release.  Otherwise there is no risk related to hanging out and hoping for a res while passing back intel.  Choices matter.

Originally posted by MarkJacobs

Originally posted by Ziftylrhavic

DI is a throwback to my old PnP gaming days. Krullen is absolutely correct. Chaos, powerful beings, etc. play a role in Camelot Unchained.

Hehe, nice :)

Originally posted by HouseKermichil

Originally posted by grogstorm

From Update #11

" 7) What’s the death penalty going to be like in Camelot Unchained?

For battles to be meaningful, I believe that Camelot Unchained needs to have a death penalty that stings a little bit. No perma-death, no corpse looting (there are rewards but that is complicated) but also - no instant rez (rez takes time), no self-rez (even for healers), dead = dead, when dead your body can be burned/magically attacked by the enemy (takes time) or you can release, no item decay on death (use/enemy attack based only), limited bind points (there is a healer + crafter mechanic that can come into play), “rez sickness” like mechanic and last but not least divine intervention. "

I think it would be nice to add item decay if you stay arround and let them burn your corpse.  This would help prevent dead bodies from staying arround just to send intel.

I caught that as well.  Burning a body to decay their items would definitely encourage a quick / release.  Otherwise there is no risk related to hanging out and hoping for a res while passing back intel.  Choices matter.

Well, there is not really a point to this, the players would just hang aroung and release at the moment you start burning them. And burning will be slow, not something you can do in the middle of the fight, so it would just shorten the time needed to make them release.

• TimothyTierlessTimothyTierless Columnist M, ORPosts: 2,163Member Uncommon

The gods playing games with our little lives while they sit on the mountain and watch, I like it!

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Talahasee, FLPosts: 2,556Member

It's probably like in Darkfall, or DAoC.

A player goes down, but they can be brought back up (by a rez in DAoC) but are forced to release if left alone. Or, you can finish them off so they have no chance to come back.

• tauraktaurak rock cave, WVPosts: 174Member

Oh man, so I guess we'll kill an army of Vikings, then see Thor drop from the sky and Rez them all. LOL

That would be cool, and perhaps we will have to please the gods in some way to keep them in our favor.

Could make for some interesting game mechanics.

• BenezettaBenezetta Wakeman, OHPosts: 84Member Uncommon
    I want to load a body into a catapult, set it on fire, then fling it over a wall.  I bet that would encourage catapult building too!
  • MikeJezZMikeJezZ HillerødPosts: 1,197Member Uncommon

I can think of 2 reasons:

1. A person cannot run back to the corpse if burned.

2. A healer  cannot ress a burned corpse.

Playing ATM: Elder Scrolls Online, Diablo 3
    MMO's shelted: Check my mmorpg profile
    KICKSTARTED: Camelot Unchained. (250 USD)

• binskkibinskki Bourbonnais, ILPosts: 153Member

Burning corpses....burning villages....sounds like this RvR could have some extremely satisfying moments.

/em wicked grin

2»