Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Video Virtual Tour 1080P- AoW might be the prettiest, most interesting world I've played in.

2»

Comments

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

You will NEVER see movers,moving doors in f2p Asian games.You will also be lucky to see some of the buildings have insides at all.This is like doing less than half the effort when comes to quality graphics.

There is some nice architecture and nice viewscapes.Doing half the effort however negates the positives.Basically it is like a painting just a surface picture,i expect 3d.

It actually takes a lot more effort to create architecture inside a building and to decorate it with objects,which also take time to design.

However it does look nice from a painting point of view.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• ForumPvPForumPvP Member Posts: 871
    Originally posted by bcbully
    Originally posted by ForumPvP
    looks pretty,Wuliiin,wru?

Wushu. 

http://en.wulin.gpotato.eu/

same game ,no idea whats taking so long

Let's internet

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Wizardry

You will NEVER see movers,moving doors in f2p Asian games.You will also be lucky to see some of the buildings have insides at all.This is like doing less than half the effort when comes to quality graphics.

There is some nice architecture and nice viewscapes.Doing half the effort however negates the positives.Basically it is like a painting just a surface picture,i expect 3d.

It actually takes a lot more effort to create architecture inside a building and to decorate it with objects,which also take time to design.

You dont understand. The whole place is open (compared to what's out now). Those aren't pictures. This is why I marvel at the world design. Swtor, TSW, GW2 come to mind when you say pictures.Nar Shdar, London, Divenities Reach.

Upstairs, down stairs, NPCs having tea, detailed with plants, wall hangings and the like. I even jumped over a wall one time and landed in a cauldren of water with a spash, and treaded water. Jump through windows whatever. How they were able to do this and keep perrformance so smooth is amazing.

This is not your run of the mill korean/asian game, I wouldn't be playing it if it was. AoW is made by Snail Games, one of the largest, if not the largest mmorpg company in China.

I might do a interior video for you.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Originally posted by Wizardry

You have been answered, anything to say on that.

To many people make judgements without actually doing there homework. Once they have found to be wrong they seem to go awol and refrain from posting in the thread again lol.

Buildings are open in AOW just like they are in Vanguard, this is not Tera or your typical Asian or even western set up.

AOC-LOTRO-EQ2-RIFT last time i checked these were western games, right?

• VonatarVonatar Member UncommonPosts: 723

Good on you Bully! Lovely vids.

What people are not seeing in the vids is the light. The lighting in the game is top notch. Just see below:

Yes the textures are not sharp (nor are they in GW2) but the whole effect is quite wonderful. I have never enjoyed wandering around a virtual world as much as in AoW.

With npcs just going about their business and offline players performing their jobs (my favourite is the group of entertainers you see in towns - jugglers, fire breathers - all actual players who are offline) the world feels real and alive.

• EladiEladi Member UncommonPosts: 1,145

AoW looks nice enough, when i played it i was not stunned by it but it was nice and captures the atmosphere just fine. Theres plenty of low end simple textures (mostly landscaping ground/rock textures)  but they are not very obvious.  its a decent to good game whit less then mediocre lore/translation but it has a awefull f2p cashshop model that prefents the game from becomming realy populair. the fact that only 2k gift keys are used right now at the on mmorpg.com AoW giveaway shows that people are burned by its earlyer hype moment.

Originally posted by Eladi

AoW looks nice enough, when i played it i was not stunned by it but it was nice and captures the atmosphere just fine. Theres plenty of low end simple textures (mostly landscaping ground/rock textures)  but they are not very obvious.  its a decent to good game whit less then mediocre lore/translation but it has a awefull f2p cashshop model that prefents the game from becomming realy populair. the fact that only 2k gift keys are used right now at the on mmorpg.com AoW giveaway shows that people are burned by its earlyer hype moment.

3000k Gift keys have been given. Not bad for a weekend. Most hype has been by the players. It's good to see we are getting some help now with a couple banners :p To bad there are no TV commercials like Defiance *cough*

As far as the cash shop, it's no different than GW2, just change the term gems to gold. There is no armor, or weapons. Just cosmetics and horses. The nice thing about AoW's cash shop is that everything there can be bought in game. 

edit - heeey you post was off topic. You tricked me. Let's try to stay on world design please.

• SnigerknudSnigerknud Member UncommonPosts: 60
    I think the game looks great..not sure about the gameplay but will give it a try in 3 days :)
    Originally posted by alexanys1982

Its really simple read carefully.

For those of us with taste worth anything, we know Age of Wushu is amazing and up there with Darkfall, Vanilla WoW, and EvE levels of immersion. We will have our awesome time playing this deep game, while the borderline racists masses dont even notice the game due to its foreign look and feel.

Thats exactly whats going on word for word, minus the p.r crap.

what he said.

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Originally posted by alexanys1982

Its really simple read carefully.

For those of us with taste worth anything, we know Age of Wushu is amazing and up there with Darkfall, Vanilla WoW, and EvE levels of immersion. We will have our awesome time playing this deep game, while the borderline racists masses dont even notice the game due to its foreign look and feel.

Thats exactly whats going on word for word, minus the p.r crap.

Now you can be racist for not liking an art style?? Please don't go that low...just accept that fact that not everyone has your tastes.

• nbtscannbtscan Member UncommonPosts: 862

I think some people should run FFXIV: ARR's benchmark on max settings and see what that looks like.  It uses the same graphical quality you'd see in the game although it's pre-recorded scenes.

They don't even have DX11 support yet either.  (coming after launch)

• NaowutNaowut Member UncommonPosts: 663

To the people comparing it to Age of Conan and the like, those are heavily instanced games and only because of that its possible to get those pretty graphics. And because of that they are also failed games.