Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Grimlands - Shooter MMO in closed beta stage on Kickstarter

it's already over 4 years in development. They have to use kickstarter now because their publisher was bought out last year, which resulted in a change of focus and many cancelled projects.

They have raised money from relatives and friends to stay afloat since then, but now they need help to finish it.

I think this game would be a much safer and better investment than most other kickstarter games.

You see tons of game footage and the game won't take multiple years to launch either if it's sucessfully funded. ( since its already in the closed beta status)

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/121549233/grimlands-a-post-apocalyptic-rpg-shooter-mmo

Comments

• mmoskimmoski Member UncommonPosts: 282
    This looks really interesting, it looks like borderlands/rage (looks)  meets UO (crafting & skills systems) are there any more videos ?  The Ks one is a nice overview, anything more indepth on the systems ?
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    dem giant boobs at 2:27 :P

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• KaiserPhoenixKaiserPhoenix Member Posts: 59

sadly, the kickstarter doesn't generate enough money it seems.

people are more inclined to pay for endless promises  than for a solid, decent game which has potential and isn't too far off from relase.

• FreeakedFreeaked Member UncommonPosts: 53
    HMMM why does this game look so familiar!? oh yeah cause it's a Fallen Earth clone.
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Originally posted by Freeaked
    HMMM why does this game look so familiar!? oh yeah cause it's a Fallen Earth clone.

Lol so because it uses a post apocalyptic setting its a Fallen Earth clone heh, so that means FE is a Fallout Clone then right?

Anyhow the gameplay looked totally different than FE-I really didnt care for FE's combat mechanics both shooting and melee.

• FreeakedFreeaked Member UncommonPosts: 53
    Originally posted by Asheram

Lol so because it uses a post apocalyptic setting its a Fallen Earth clone heh, so that means FE is a Fallout Clone then right?

Anyhow the gameplay looked totally different than FE-I really didnt care for FE's combat mechanics both shooting and melee.

I knew someone would say that, but you obviously havent played FE I am 90% sure it's even using the same engine :P with more action based combat (Rolling n shet) introduced. :P

• mmoskimmoski Member UncommonPosts: 282
    Originally posted by DMKano

In the kickstsrter video, you could see the engine glitching in the background with no other players nearby, so I have to question their engine which is the most critical thing for a shooter game.

The engine has to be smooth and responsive to frantic action.

Yeah thats why i kinda asked for more video's.

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873
    They need money to finish the game. They are already more than half way through in development.  I would rather give money to projects lik these compared to empty words and promises like that of CU.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

$615,798 in 14 days? Not gona happen.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Originally posted by Asheram

I knew someone would say that, but you obviously havent played FE I am 90% sure it's even using the same engine :P with more action based combat (Rolling n shet) introduced. :P

I bought Fallen Earth when it released in 2009 so I have played the game and to me the only thing that looks similar is the apocalyptic setting, and Fallen Earth didn't create apocalyptic settings.

The developers themselves said they are emulating Fallout 3,Borderlands and Ultima Online.

"Grimlands is the MMORPG we always wanted to play", summarizes our Head of Development, Lucjan Mikociak when asked for the aim of our game. "We strive to mix the shooter- and RPG-gameplay inspired by Fallout 3 and Borderlands with the social dynamics and freedom of choice like in Ultima Online."