Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Poll] - WildStar - Are you up for 40m raids?

DjildjameshDjildjamesh Member UncommonPosts: 406

Hey there,

I'm seeing both negative posts and positive posts about the 40m raiding in Wildstar.

Of those negative posts many clain that 40m will prob. never 'take off' and that the interest in it will (likely) be low.

This got me wondering how many people are interested in 40m raids on MMORPG.com

So here it is.  The poll to see where we stand as a community about raiding.

Edit:

with having nearly 300 votes .... and 48% being up for 40man raids i guess we can come to the conclusion that at least on MMORPG.com there is quiet abit of interest in the 40man scene :)

thanks for all the feedback and interesting reads so far :)

Comments

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    No thanks, wasn't fun when I had to do it in WoW.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    I like soft raiding, casual raiding where you get automaticly grouped with the people around you or go solo and every kill everyone does everyone gets credit for. But of course it won't be like that.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

I want raids that addapt difficulty based on the numbers of players... Have 40 men, raid with 40, have only 12 raid with 12, have 98, raid with 98...  Scaling difficulty is the future...

how to differentiate, well offer a raid in 5 tastes like easy, medium , hard, extreme hard and nightmare... 

Limmiting content based on player numbers is old time...

On top of that bring back open world bosses and raids like we remember from EQ, the more differentation in endgame, the better for everyone.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Not at all.
  • HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

I want raids that addapt difficulty based on the numbers of players... Have 40 men, raid with 40, have only 12 raid with 12, have 98, raid with 98...  Scaling difficulty is the future...

how to differentiate, well offer a raid in 5 tastes like easy, medium , hard, extreme hard and nightmare... 

On top of that bring back open world bosses and raids like we remember from EQ, the more differentation in endgame, the better for everyone.

I agree with this guy.  My career has me working weird hours, I can't always get, or stand around and wait for 40 people to get their collective "shit" together.  It would be nice to be able to throw as many players as I can in a group, grab our beatin sticks and head out.  I understand this wasn't done in WoW so it can't be cloned and re-done but maybe an adventruous and forward thinking company can take this idea and run with it.

Would be nice.

@ Bachus good post dude.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• steelheartxsteelheartx Member UncommonPosts: 434

O hell yeah!

Looking for a family that you can game with for life? Check out Grievance at https://www.grievancegaming.org !

• Beoelf21Beoelf21 Member Posts: 91
    40m raid is a short raid in my book.

• danwest58danwest58 Member RarePosts: 2,012
    for every 1 person that will vote they want it here there will be a much larger group of people who never post or answer polls on forums that will not want 40 man raids.  Anyone who thinks 40 man raids will work is fooling themselves, Rift raiding has been on the downward when I left after several months of SL.  Only 8% of all WoW raiding guilds are 25 man raids, the rest of the guilds are 10 man raids.  Tera few people did 20 man raiding.  There is a pattern away from the larger raids as much as people want to say there is not, there is one alls one needs to do is look.  Hell Even EQ2 and LOTRO see more 12 man raids than larger raids.  You can even look at SWTOR there are more 8 man raids than 16 man. 
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

I couldnt agree more.  I am finding after many years of raiding my friends who raid are a much smaller and smaller group.  I use to lead 40 man raids back in the day.  As many people that want to say its fun are normally the people who didnt lead the raid.  Its a nightmare more than its fun. 

• WaidenWaiden Member UncommonPosts: 500
    Cant wait :-).

p.s.: 40 man raids will work nicely, just because blizzard decided to become casual focused mmorpg doesnt mean every other mmorpg needs to do the same crap ... Ive played wow from first day of release and progress mc, bwl, naxx, bt, ssc was awesome and worked .. maybe not for casuals, small guilds, etc. But wildstar raids are only catering to hc players ... So.. in your face B-) you dont like it? Think wont work? Man you neee to understand there are milions players who likes things which you hate, wildstar is not heading for 10m subs, so they dont need those who hate wildstars core features ...
  • RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122
    Originally posted by Tayah

Thankfuly they've clearly stated that 40 man raids are "AN" eldergame element, and not "THE" game. It's not the only focus.

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    The more people there are, the less meaningful it feels to me.
  • HedeonHedeon Member UncommonPosts: 997

when thinking of how much of a test it, at times, could be with 24 people in a EQ2 raid, I aint certain the negatives could outweight the excitement.

but ah well have never played in a raid with more than 24...usually have been with 18 or so though : P

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by Roxtarr
    Originally posted by Tayah

Thankfuly they've clearly stated that 40 man raids are "AN" eldergame element, and not "THE" game. It's not the only focus.

Exactly, that's why I'm still interested in Wildstar.  If the endgame focus was raiding, particularly 40 man, I'd have tossed this one under a bus by now.  I like the sound of 10 man dungeons though.

Originally posted by Dogblaster
    Cant wait :-). p.s.: 40 man raids will work nicely, just because blizzard decided to become casual focused mmorpg doesnt mean every other mmorpg needs to do the same crap ... Ive played wow from first day of release and progress mc, bwl, naxx, bt, ssc was awesome and worked .. maybe not for casuals, small guilds, etc. But wildstar raids are only catering to hc players ... So.. in your face B-) you dont like it? Think wont work? Man you neee to understand there are milions players who likes things which you hate, wildstar is not heading for 10m subs, so they dont need those who hate wildstars core features ...

Dogblaster,

Hardcore players were 1% of the WoW Population in Vanilla.  Less than that 1% of all the players ever raided and less than that ever seen Naxx 40 man.  Games with Large raids will not survive on a 1% of all MMO player base, during vanillia WoW that would be 50K people of the 5 million that played.  Look at rift right now with 20 man raids, I left in Feb and only a dozen guild per server were doing raids, and even of those many were having issues getting 20 man raids together.  Rift has about 300K to 500K subs.  If games with 500K people have issues doing 20 man raids how do you expect a game built for 40 man raids will do?  It will not happen.  Todays Average MMO player is no longer goes to be a major part of these large raids.  Look at Lotro and EQ2 they had to go towards 12 man raiding becuase 24 man raiding does not work well anymore.  How do you expect 40 man raiding to work?  Its not hate, its Logic that tells you that 40 man raiding will be problematic at best. 

• snapfusionsnapfusion Member Posts: 954
    The casuals and the A.D.D. will win this poll hands down, me Ill raid for 2 hours np.  But Im also not scared to hang out with people in game and work out difficult problems.
  • VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749
    No thanks.

• YalexyYalexy Member UncommonPosts: 1,058

The more options the better.

The 5-player dungeons are nice for the small and tight knit groups. These are the ones I like running with my best buddies day in day out, while talking about the weather, etc.

10 or 20-player raids are good to for the casuals, and to learn the ropes of raiding, while the 40-player raids are made for those, who really play a MMO as their main-hobby, aka, the harcore-players.

I like those bigger raids, where people are forced to concentrate, be disciplined and prepared to get the task done.

• OranguOrangu Member Posts: 32
    It is hard enough to find 19 other competent raiders for a 20 man raid. A 40 man raid would drain my wallet from the number of keyboards I would have to buy to replace all the ones I smashed.

• Punk999Punk999 Member UncommonPosts: 882
    I had alot of fun with 40man raids before, but it's a maybe for me. Not sure ill have the time for 40mans again.

"Negaholics are people who become addicted to negativity and self-doubt, they find fault in most things and never seem to be satisfied."
    ^MMORPG.com

• MethiosMethios Member Posts: 157
    I personally enjoyed 40 man raids back in WoW.
  • AnubzaraAnubzara Member Posts: 10

It's amazing how negative the feedback for 40 man raids is considering all the factors.... All you disappointed casuals, consider it this way.

Just as it has been stated a thousand times over, 40 man raids are not the core of end game, they are one path. Then there are all these other paths for the different niches of characters.

Have you thought about it? That there is a community of hardcore raiders and you are basically flaming their end game niche and saying they don't deserve it while asking for support with all of the others? How self righteous and self absorbed can you people get?

Carbine is attempting to give every group of players something they can do and yet you flame them because you won't be able to do everything. Casuals continue to believe that everything should be handed to them or that they should magically get access to everything for no reason whatsoever... If you can't put the time and effort into composing a group of people, then don't do it! Its not an amazing metaphor but it would be like being jealous and saying how unfair it is that a player has an amazing crafted sword, but then not putting in the effort to level your own crafting skill to get it because it's "too hard".

Comon guys.... its ridiculous... When is it going to end? Oh thats right, it won't, because humanity is imperfect, jealous, unsatisfied, and doomed to ruin itself.

Sad day...

Branifus,

P.S. I don't post often on the forums if at all due to the negativity of the gaming community and the lack of maturity therein. So the trolls can flame my numbers but my words above have consistent logic. I'm open to other thought processes, but within every MMO i follow i see the same thing.

Unsatisfied people every time...

• VembumeesVembumees Member Posts: 79

I'll be raiding 40 mans, doing 40man warplots and everything else the game has to offer. 40mans isn't the only thing WildStar has to offer, but it will was my main attraction. WildStar is the only game in my sight that will offer me enough timesink content, I am glad that I have an mmorpg to play now that offers content and competition for the hardcore player. In the last 5 years pretty much only mmo's that have given me enough content have been moba's and Path of Exile hc, so pretty much there is no other mmorpg in the table right now to run back to that would give me enough content to do. If WildStar delivers what it has promised for already 2 years, which I am already pretty sure of that they will, I will gladly be one of those 1%'s for years.

• PanzerbasePanzerbase Member Posts: 423
    Can't wait and by the positive 53% response rate neither can many others. 
  • VembumeesVembumees Member Posts: 79
    Originally posted by Panzerbase
    Can't wait and by the positive 53% response rate neither can many others. 

I really expected it to be like 20% considering that majority of the posts about raiding are hateposts, guess the 40man raiders don't really want to bother arguing about it anymore after all the years lol.