Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What do you want to see added/fixed/changed in Defiance?

TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321

As title says...what do you want to see added/fixed or changed in Defiance?

For me...thus far from what I've seen

Major -

1. More Arkfall variety, there isn't really that much

2. Make the UI more friendly to PC users. Its rather bad right now, and the inventory screen is horrible

Minor -

1. Why does the amount you heal not show up after an Arkfall invasion? It just shows damage people have done, but nothing for healers

That is it currently, that I can think of.

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

Comments

• DahkohtDahkoht Member UncommonPosts: 479

You major ones are my main issues atm.

The PC UI is killing me , specifically the lack of a functioning chat system.

Would like more variety overall mob wise.

Enjoying the game , but these two things are wearing on me.

• TheKrautTheKraut Member Posts: 48

- UI for PC needs redone especially in regards to chat and being 'social'. Right now its impossible.

- Inventory screen and options for MODing or deconing items needs to be less than the 5+ clicks and screens it takes now

- Weapon levels/loot need to start making SOME sort of sense

- Contract/faction weapons/items need to be worth a damn

- Daily/weekly contracts need to have more to them than, kill 20 of this

- I know more content is coming, but they need to change the way the game plays. Right now its show up, PEW PEW PEW, run off. Besides co-ops, there is ZERO interaction (partially due to chat system being a pile of SUCK) and everything is practically doable asa solo player, outside of arkfalls.

- The way that if you experience your equipped weapon up to its max, you cant gain any expeirence for that weapon type is retarded. Make a type of AA system for that weapon you are using to REALLY speacialize in it.

- Make the game have a point. Right now its either do the storyline (which is kind of quick), chase the same 3 arkfalls across the map, do the exact same co-ops over and over and over or PEW PEW PEW do random side missions that dont mean shit and give garbage loot.

- 150m max draw distance on NPCs is utter fail for a shooter game.

- Bullet drop. This combined with the short draw distance makes BF3 look like a simulator.

I could go on. I've played this for roughly a week and play less and less every day. The 'more content weekly!1!!" crowd needs to realize that yeah, they're adding more of the same 'kill 20 of these', 'go to this cutscene/kill this guy instance' but if the mechanics remain the same, this game will die quickly.

Feel the same as when I got GW2. Scammed again; 60$/15$ per month sub = 4 months. No way in hell this would keep me interested for 4 months.

• ToxiliumToxilium Member UncommonPosts: 905
    Originally posted by TheKraut

Feel the same as when I got GW2. Scammed again; 60$/15$ per month sub = 4 months. No way in hell this would keep me interested for 4 months.

I agree with your points about the game, but how are you being "scammed" for this? You willingly bought into an MMO on or near launch likely knowing full well they take a while to get rolling. You even said it yourself with Guild Wars 2, why didn't you learn the first time? You didn't get scammed; stop making excuses for your own bad investment decisions.

Back on topic, I'm enjoying the game but only play a couple of hours a day at most, so I haven't exhausted the content and it still feels fresh. I'm enjoying the episode missions and major arkfalls the most, but there needs to be more mission variety and more arkfalls (both in number of arkfalls spawning and variety of enemies).

• TribeofOneTribeofOne Member UncommonPosts: 1,006

all the above UI issues mentioned.

get rid of random lag spikes

more graphics options to fine tune settings.  When I play Far Cry 3, Bioshock Infinite, and any of the mmos on the market my video card temp never goes above the 50s. However even on low settings, shadows and bloom off my video card is contantly running upper 80s to 90 in Defiance and I cant figure out why.

• fallenlordsfallenlords Member UncommonPosts: 683

Overall playing on console, quite happy with the experience so far.  Only a few minor things I would do, 

- Be able to sell an equipped weapon from a loadout.

- Blank a loadout.

- Remove the animation on ammo crates, return it back to just a crate.

- Multiple selections for salvaging weapons and a weapon mod queue.

- No cooldown on grenades, just a max number in the inventory.

- Automatic waypoint marking on quest selection.  (On/off)

That's about it, I think they have done a good job to be honest.  I know the UI is a bit iffy, but then it's limited in design because of the number of buttons on a controller etc.  Some of the options, such as logout should be a bit more easily accessible.  But you kind of get use to the UI after a while.

• MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,268

- Better UI

- Gear Progression.

• Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    for now , only,  I  want   functional chat,
  • jmcdermottukjmcdermottuk Member RarePosts: 1,571

My list would be..

Added:

Keybinds for Loadouts

An Auto-Run key please. My middle finger on my left hand is wearing away and my W key has run away to escape the constant abuse.

Fixed:

THE CHAT! Seriously, just wanna hit a key and type like EVERY other online game ever, and have it seen. This is so important if Trion want any kind of community to develop, because right now it's failing bigtime. The game's starting to feel like a very lonely place. This can only hurt it long term.

Changed:

The UI, it really needs to be more PC friendly, especially the Mods, so fucking irritating the way it currently works.

New Catagory

To Be Avoided:

Gear Progression!

Had to put that in to respond to a previous post. As a Shooter it's of paramount importance that the game tries to keep as level a playing field as possible. You can see this in the Stats on the current weapons. Gear progression would just throw that balance off. It needs to be avoided at all costs.

• ZuvielifyZuvielify Member Posts: 168

- Bullet drop. This combined with the short draw distance makes BF3 look like a simulator.

I'm a little torn about bullet drop (and target leading). I would really like to have those features, but I'm not sure the masses would appreciate that change. 

That being said, a player who's familiar with modern shooters is probably leading targets out of muscle memory and then having to adjust back (like I do). 

I think if they added bullet drop, they'd need to make headshots more meaningful. Sure, for regular mobs, it's instakill, but elite mobs take multiple headshots (depending on the weapon). Or maybe make distance shots more powerful. The farther you are the more crit damage you get. Yes, I know that is already an EGO power, but it's not strong enough as is to make up for the added diffculty level.

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596
    Scrap it and start over.

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387
    Originally posted by Zuvielify

I'm a little torn about bullet drop (and target leading). I would really like to have those features, but I'm not sure the masses would appreciate that change. 

I don't think bullet drop fits this game at all since all combat occurs at such short range and such fast pace.

Bullet drops are for games like Armas where fights can occur at over 400m and things are not going to zerg to your melee range

I think if they added bullet drop, they'd need to make headshots more meaningful. Sure, for regular mobs, it's instakill, but elite mobs take multiple headshots (depending on the weapon). Or maybe make distance shots more powerful. The farther you are the more crit damage you get. Yes, I know that is already an EGO power, but it's not strong enough as is to make up for the added diffculty level.

You can stack headshot crit using mods (crit barrel). It makes quite a bit of difference.

• ForumPvPForumPvP Member Posts: 871

i only played a little in beta.

UI , Lag and all that  kind of stuff gets fixed thats for sure.

But what i really like to see is more sand in the box i.e Grand Theft Auto.

more variety in things that players can do in their world.

and im sure they have plenty of ideas in their sleeve,but question is ,how much ?

there will be dozens of DLCs soon i bet.

Let's internet

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919

Bullet drop would be hilarious, considering the distances you can even see an enemy at maximum wouldn't affect the bullet as much as it would in games like battlefield or Arma.  Hilarious idea.  Especially when a gun is electric.  A lightning bolt with bullet drop, yeah this is a bad idea that should never happen in this game.

I just want UI fixes and it to be generally usable.  I don't want the keycode to jump around after every purchase.  I want to buy in bulk.  I want to break down for resources in bulk.  Why do some menu things take double clicks, and others just one?

I also would like it if groupmates wouldn't vanish upon entering the area where a main story mission begins.  Not the single player parts mind you - the ones in the regular world such as the Dam.  As soon as the objective circle is crossed, groupmates vanish.  Walk back a few steps, there they are again.  Dumb.

Loadouts have been annoying a friend of mine.  It seems in order to change things on one and get rid of an item, he now has to deal with two loadouts every single time.  I haven't clicked loadout 2 yet out of fear.

The sound for impacting an object with a vehicle could be balanced so it isn't a world ending noise of doom, but fits within the normal volume for the game.

The sound EGO makes when starting a PVP match has a bug where it plays within about a tenth of a second in a single squeak sometimes.

And PLEASE when I disable voice in game, and the setting is on disabled, KEEP IT OFF.  Don't make me enable it and disable it every single time I play the game because the code sucks and other players make the sounds of creeping dumb.

Fix these and I'll be happier.

• LiddokunLiddokun Member UncommonPosts: 1,665

Major list of stuff that needs fixed (for me):

- Inventory system display overhaul (maybe seperate each weapons into categories).

- We need banks/storage/footlocker/bunker.

- Chat system needs improvement.

- Clumsy trading system needs to be fixed.

- World object and colission with your vehicles. Vehicles shouldn't get stuck on pebbles or small items.

- Variations in side missions. Well... right now they are just plain boring. All you have are fedex / kill / interact with quests. You're an ARK Hunter not the FEDEX guy.

- Skill builds synergy. Well... group of skills that works well together would be nice. A skill tree would be preferrable than the current system.

- EGO system needs improvement. I mean there's too little difference between a lvl 1 EGO and lvl 1000 EGO player.  I know this is a shooter so player skill do matter the most... but come on .. at least there should be a big visible sign of player advancement.

- Random world events (random spawning super bosses or random events not just arkfalls). We need this. Right now the system is NOT random at all but kinda like a theme park event. Look at GW2 there's at least some sort of semi-randomness involved at least.

- Loadout hotkeys. So need that.

- Currently if you change the dodge hot key to something else.. it will not save and will default to the ALT key each time you reload.

- Just a little nitpick for me but when you jump you sort of "float" thru the air a bit. Please fix so you don't float but instead land on the ground fast. No fall damage is fine for me.

- If you are in a party and you pick up a storyline instance/quest. Sometimes your party won't be able to see you and you won't be able to see them. I think this is an issue if you are on a storyline quest and your party member don't have the same storyline quest. Maybe improve/fix the instance/phasing system.