Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Poll: What Realm are you?

TimothyTierlessTimothyTierless ColumnistM, ORPosts: 2,163Member Uncommon

I'm sorry if this has been polled, I didn't see it. I know it's early but I think many of you already have strong opinions about it.

Comments

• WellzyCWellzyC Stillwater, MNPosts: 557Member Uncommon

*Realm.

I voted Vikings, but I think thats because I live in Minnesota and am a Die hard Vikings fan  =)

The way mmo's were: Community, Exploration, Character Development, Conquest.

The way mmo's are now : Cut-Scenes,Cut-Scenes, solo Questing, Cut-Scenes...

www.CeaselessGuild.com

• OdamanOdaman Satesboro, GAPosts: 194Member
    Depends on classes honestly, but viking atm.
  • meddyckmeddyck Athens, GAPosts: 1,140Member Uncommon
    I picked TDD for now since I spent most of my final years in DAOC as one of dem Hibbies. At release... who knows?

Camelot Unchained Backer
    DAOC [retired]: R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R5 Healer

• FearumFearum Cinnaminson, NJPosts: 1,166Member Uncommon
    I can't pick yet, I want to see the different races and classes before I do.
  • naezgulnaezgul Homer Glen, ILPosts: 374Member
    I think Vikings will win by a landslide due to the sheer number of trolls frequenting this forum.....
  • SpeelySpeely Seattle, WAPosts: 861Member
  • SlampigSlampig Chantilly, VAPosts: 2,376Member Uncommon
    I am totally going Arthurian.

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• GravargGravarg Harker Heights, TXPosts: 3,332Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by naezgul
    I think Vikings will win by a landslide due to the sheer number of trolls frequenting this forum.....

I see what you did there!

• SorninSornin Richmond, BCPosts: 1,133Member

Arthurian! Or, as the poll says, "Aurthurian!" ;)

I am pretty happy to see Arthurians are so far behind. Granted, only one poll, few voters, etc., but I like being the underdog. :)

Unfortunately, I think the other realms are riding the wave of hype from concept art. Once the Arthurians get some, it may all change.

• kraidenkraiden Staff Writer Edgewater, NJPosts: 638Member

Lets see,

The game will obviously have high Arthurian population. people  ALWAYS want to play "cute " elves

So I expect to play norse. BUT, as always, I have underdog syndrome, and will play whichever realm is the most underpopulated. the true Maverick in me

Originally posted by kraiden

Lets see,

The game will obviously have high Arthurian population. people  ALWAYS want to play "cute " elves

So I expect to play norse. BUT, as always, I have underdog syndrome, and will play whichever realm is the most underpopulated. the true Maverick in me

I think TDD will be least populated. Anytime you need to use Google to figure out what the name of a faction refers to, odds are good most people will pick one of the other well known factions.

Camelot Unchained Backer
    DAOC [retired]: R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R5 Healer

• LawtoweenLawtoween Houston, TXPosts: 103Member
    Originally posted by meddyck
    Originally posted by kraiden

Lets see,

I think TDD will be least populated. Anytime you need to use Google to figure out what the name of a faction refers to, odds are good most people will pick one of the other well known factions.

Agreed.  Also, what we've seen so far (granted it's very early) the TDDs won't be "cute" elves.  I, for one, am not interested in having horns, so I will probably avoid the TDD, unless that is just one of several races.  I only played Hib for a brief time in DAoC, so I had been thinking I'd give TDD a try, but that changed with the concept art.  I voted Viking, but like a couple others, I don't want to be in the dominate realm (although I'm hoping things will be somewhat balanced), so I could just as easily go Arthurian.

Lawt

• SpeelySpeely Seattle, WAPosts: 861Member
    I HOPE TDD is underpopulated. I want to be the underdog. In light of the sandbox nature of this game concept, there are a lot of possibilities for interesting gameplay that could arise from population imbalance.
  • TimothyTierlessTimothyTierless Columnist M, ORPosts: 2,163Member Uncommon

I'm such an alt fiend I'm sure I'll have to roll everything to lvl 10 at least once.

• Vunak23Vunak23 In your house eatin'' your cookies, FLPosts: 635Member
    Voted Viking. But it will all come down to classes more than likely

"In the immediate future, we have this one, and then we’ve got another one that is actually going to be – so we’re going to have, what we want to do, is in January, what we’re targeting to do, this may or may not happen, so you can’t hold me to it. But what we’re targeting to do, is have a fun anniversary to the Ilum shenanigans that happened. An alien race might invade, and they might crash into Ilum and there might be some new activities that happen on the planet." ~Gabe Amatangelo

• ArbroathArbroath Depew, NYPosts: 175Member
    Initially I voted Sidhe. But after we get more information, that may change

It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom — for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself. ~Declaration of Arbroath

• tauraktaurak rock cave, WVPosts: 174Member

Well I was going to be viking, but after seeing the results of the poll, it looks like Albs all over again, so I guess I'll go TDD.

I don't like being a part of a realm that always wins due to sheer numbers. Though it does bring me to an interesting question.

I wonder what CU will do to address overpopulated realms, something similar to DAoC I guess? But that will be a little different with no PvE.

• grogstormgrogstorm Peyton, COPosts: 304Member Uncommon

I had to pick TDD, else i would be casting dispersions at them if I was any other race.  I was bad as a Middie and now I need to pay for my transgressions.

Grog

Originally posted by taurak

I wonder what CU will do to address overpopulated realms, something similar to DAoC I guess? But that will be a little different with no PvE.

You mean add overpowered expansion classes to the underpopulated realms? ;)

Camelot Unchained Backer

• TokkenTokken Portland, ORPosts: 1,154Member Uncommon

Viking for sure.

Brad McQuaid Quote:  So, God-willing, the Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen team and I will be able to make or allow that magic to happen a third time, and it too will be not just a great game, but also that catalyst again that brings people together, sometimes out of their comfort zone, learning how to work together not just tactically in a virtual world but also socially in the real world.
  • fanglofanglo Virginia, VAPosts: 290Member
    I voted TDD but if my guild goes Viking then I'll go Viking. I really hope I can convince them to go TDD but it probably won't happen lol.

I healed Mistwraith and all I got was this stupid tee-shirt!

• redcappredcapp brook, NYPosts: 722Member
    Too early to vote.  If there is a friar throwback, I'll play that.  Otherwise, Viking.
  • tleartlear Toronto, ONPosts: 142Member
    Midzerg!
  • outd00rmineroutd00rminer Hollywood, FLPosts: 37Member

Dwarf Viking Master Craftsman reporting.

*looks at poll*

Doh!  I always pick the uber popular realm.

• NcrediblebulkNcrediblebulk San Marcos, TXPosts: 137Member
    I'll be looking like Ganondorf killing anything red.

"Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth."