Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Preview] Dragon Eternity: A Serious Presence at GDC

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

During the recent Game Developers' Conference, we managed to take a good long look at Dragon Eternity and have a full preview report to offer. See what we discovered and then head to the comments with your thoughts.

So what can you play in Dragon Eternity? There are three character classes to start with and each one goes into a much larger skill-tree (a trend we are seeing in a lot of games lately which allows players to play how they want). There is the Witcher class which is magic oriented, the Berserker which covers the melee angle, and also the Paladin which is more of an all-around class. Each of these trees opens up other options for players to specialize in. The game was fully playable, but we only saw a few pieces of character progression during the demo. The advancement system seems to allow for a decent bit of customization.

Read more of Garrett Fuller's Dragon Eternity: A Serious Presence at GDC.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• johnismejohnisme Member UncommonPosts: 110
    Not available in canada to play.
  • BahamutKaiserBahamutKaiser Member UncommonPosts: 314
    Another dragon moniker with no playable dragons...

Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
    That way, if they get angry, they'll be a mile away... and barefoot.

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335
    Anyone else wish Mobile gaming would stay out of the MMO space?  I play these games for world-like immersion, putting it on a handheld device or in our browser will never immerse me.  Ever.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Originally posted by elocke
    Anyone else wish Mobile gaming would stay out of the MMO space?  I play these games for world-like immersion, putting it on a handheld device or in our browser will never immerse me.  Ever.

Yes. I have tried so them on my phone before and none of them feel any sort of immersion. To top it off they all have bad reaction times, bad servers, inability to play through any part of the game without paying something, and they all feel like they were made 15 years ago.

• BahamutKaiserBahamutKaiser Member UncommonPosts: 314
    Originally posted by elocke

They may not be immersive, but not all MMOs have to be about an immersive world, some of them may just be designed for accessible play and social inclusion.

Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
    That way, if they get angry, they'll be a mile away... and barefoot.

• DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994
    Browser is ok (not my favorite by any means) but handheld devices. Meh. However with cells as an option even a small sliver of cell users playing a game can mean big bucks in advertising/apps/cash shop sales. The cell connection is here to stay, regretfully.
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    not avail in america???
  • NephaeriusNephaerius Member UncommonPosts: 1,671
    Not on Google Play store......

Steam: Neph