Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What Mark Jacobs needs to do now.

tauraktaurak Member Posts: 174

Before I say this, I just want to make it clear that I'm not trying to bash anyone.

What Mark needs to do now is either :

A. Scramble to release a lot more info on all the things that haven't been addressed. Such as, founders point items, what happens when you die, will there be any kind of a relic system, show us some of the character models in the actual engine, etc etc.

Or

B. Wait till the kickstarter is almost over, and fund the remaining ammount himself. Then keep giving us as many updates as possible through internal testing, alpha, and beta. And turn the Camelot Unchained website into a kickstarter type page, keeping all the tiers from kickstarter open until they are all sold out.

I believe that once people actually start seeing what is going on with the game, through alpha and beta and all of that, a lot more people are going to come in and say, damn I should have funded this.

While I myself funded the maximum ammount I could afford to pay, I, along with many other people, think the kickstarter was opened up way too early.

If this game doesn't fund, it will be pretty tragic in my oppinion. Its one of the most hyped games on this site, based on nothing more than a concept, and a small ammount of early stage concept art, along with a promise from a guy that most of us don't even really know that well.

I played DAoC and Warhammer. Doesn't mean I know Mark.

I do know that if the CSE team isn't willing to put in a little more effort and risk into this project than a 3ds max demo, some concept art, and a daily video blog, its going to be very hard to get the rest of this money.

Don't get me wrong here, I like the guys at CSE, and love the concept, and want it to be funded just as much as they do, but I just don't see it happening without some radical updates of information.

If this guy has the money and the conncetions to be put in Forbes Magazine, then he has the money and the connections to make this game happen without expecting consumers to assume equal risk as him in this project. We're not millionaires like you, and we're not the ones who stand to make millions off your project.

No disrespect intended here, im just saying it how it is.

Comments

• EdanyEdany Member UncommonPosts: 179

• WazlukWazluk Member Posts: 159
    Originally posted by Edany

/agree with Edany

Terminus
    Legend Gaming Website | Join Us!
    Wazluk - Legionnaire of Terminus
    Draken Stalker
  • naezgulnaezgul Member Posts: 374
    What happens when you die?  How important is that really to drive push for funding? You think any other project went into that much detail in thei pitch?
    Originally posted by naezgul
    What happens when you die?  How important is that really to drive push for funding? You think any other project went into that much detail in thei pitch?

Whether Mark believes in the afterlife is a key selling point to some people...

Terminus
    Draken Stalker
  • tauraktaurak Member Posts: 174

Its just an example, I'm just saying MORE INFO.

/flame resistant suit on I guess

/drinks +100 troll resistance potion

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    Originally posted by Wazluk

So if he suddenly sprung permadeath on everyone none of those that pledged will bat an eye right? 

• tauraktaurak Member Posts: 174
    Originally posted by GrayGhost79

So if he suddenly sprung permadeath on everyone none of those that pledged will bat an eye right? 

Sure would to me, I'd be pissed.

Yeah, because that would happen. Next...

Terminus
    Draken Stalker
  • ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351
    Originally posted by taurak

Too late, KS is half over, far more specific information should have come out before the KS began.

While extreme details are a bit much to ask, we really know almost nothing about CU aside from a few basic promises and ambiguous outlines.

I have backed 3 KS now and CU has less information available than any of them by a significant margin.

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

• ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351

I understand the argument, but thats really not likely to happen and an example like that doesn't really help your cause.

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

I need Mark to tell me if he's going to come shoot my knee caps out, because he has yet to confirm this.  I'm very worried and would not back CU if he did so.

/hides in corner

Terminus
    Draken Stalker
  • GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

Yeah, because that would happen. Next...

Ok, maybe I'm wrong. Why don't you explain death in CU for me then so I can rule out things like perma death as a possibility. 

Would it make a difference to backers if its just like GW2 like many are saying they hope it isn't? 

What if it is like UO where you are doing corpse runs and people can loot you? 

Sure, maybe perma death is a stretch for an old school hardcore PvP game... (Weren't these the only ones with permadeath?) but how death in game is handled is an importnat factor for many. 

• MethiosMethios Member Posts: 157
    Just gotta wait and see what happens at this point.

Ok, maybe I'm wrong. Why don't you explain death in CU for me then so I can rule out things like perma death as a possibility. 

Would it make a difference to backers if its just like GW2 like many are saying they hope it isn't? 

What if it is like UO where you are doing corpse runs and people can loot you? 

Sure, maybe perma death is a stretch for an old school hardcore PvP game... (Weren't these the only ones with permadeath?) but how death in game is handled is an importnat factor for many. 

See, I can reply to this...

While yes he hasn't laid out every hard fact on death penalty. He has mention returning to battle(bam! no permadeath confirmed) will not be as easy as some games(like GW2).  He also mentioned he wants death to sting a little, but not kill all your progress and ruin the fun factor.  Some MMOs it means absolutely little/nothing if you die. You just release and are back in the fight in a few seconds.  You should be worried about dying, not just running in feeding the zerg meat grinder.

Neither DAoC or WAR(only MJ games I played)  had permadeath.  In DAoC you lost a chuck of XP, if you ran back to you grave stone you could recover a portion of your XP.

Terminus
    Draken Stalker
  • MasahikoKobeMasahikoKobe Member Posts: 51
    Originally posted by Zinzan
    Originally posted by taurak

Too late, KS is half over, far more specific information should have come out before the KS began.

While extreme details are a bit much to ask, we really know almost nothing about CU aside from a few basic promises and ambiguous outlines.

I have backed 3 KS now and CU has less information available than any of them by a significant margin.

How is a ks half over when it has 3 weeks left?

• meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282

There's no doubt more specifics would help sell the project, and we're going to get more as the Kickstarter goes along. We're only on day 8 out of 30, so well over half of the Kickstarter's time remains and it's almost to 1/2 funded already.

The biggest thing I think would help would be for Mark to take every specific about CU he has mentioned at various web sites and forums, in assorted videos, etc. and organize that information and post it on the official site and the Kickstarter. It shouldn't be up to funders to create Google Docs files with this information. Mark and his team need to do it, and it needs to be easily findable on web sites connected to the game and the Kickstarter.

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• BurgundusBurgundus Member Posts: 23

MJ has said in other threads that he is following the advice given by other succesfully funded projects to give out information throughout the project rather than all of the information all at once. 

From the closing in on a million thread....

"Releasing new info during a KS is one major reason why it's struggling, you need all this out before you start a KS or your wasting valuable time.

Your making this harder that it need be and your also withholding info from people who have already pledged their hard earns cash.

*MJ*

"Gotta disagree with you here. If you check most, if not all, of the major game-based success stories, they followed a similar pattern with their updates. This was also the advice given to me by some of the guys who worked on those campaigns. :) ""

• PRX_sklurbPRX_sklurb Member Posts: 167

I think Mark is making a step in the right direction with doing informative interviews that deal with the basics of the game and the how Kickstarter works...it seems there are still a lot of people who need to have that information visible as it may not be apparent in the walls of text we have now. He is keeping that simple and basic, and his quietness on forums at the moment is a good omen I think, because it means he is busy. I would think more of a video demo would be in order and would help push this beast up the hill.

CLICK: »»» http://CamelotUnchained.net «««

• HokibukisaHokibukisa Member Posts: 185

Agleed, they need to take action. They started a KS with no content.

• UlorikUlorik Member UncommonPosts: 179

I don't think the amount of information is the point, some of the stuff released so far is really tasty and shows an understanding of the important bits (i.e. poly limit to get things running smoothly, new engine, crafting involved in creating objectives for the maps, all this is yummie stuff)

The real question is how many paople really want a pure RvR game and are willing to pay a subscription, and thats what the Kickstarter is trying to find out

So get the word out to other forums, fansites, basically anybody who might be interested, I dont think the "Build it and they will come" approach works

• HokibukisaHokibukisa Member Posts: 185
    Originally posted by Ulorik

I don't think the amount of information is the point, some of the stuff released so far is really tasty and shows an understanding of the important bits (i.e. poly limit to get things running smoothly, new engine, crafting involved in creating objectives for the maps, all this is yummie stuff)

Assume I don't frequent the forums or watch 1 hour interviews.

Where can I find this information?

• UlorikUlorik Member UncommonPosts: 179
    Mostly the updates on the kickstarter site, but also if you registered your e-mail.
  • PRX_sklurbPRX_sklurb Member Posts: 167
    Originally posted by Hokibukisa
    Originally posted by Ulorik

Assume I don't frequent the forums or watch 1 hour interviews.

Where can I find this information?

http://www.CamelotUnchained.net/?page_id=30

CLICK: »»» http://CamelotUnchained.net «««

• TasarocaTasaroca Member Posts: 16

http://itcu.enjin.com/forum/m/12563697/viewthread/6521232-camelot-unchained-faq/post/last#last

i hope that link works theres a page where i think most of the info to date is all linked on one page so for people who want information its a good list of stuff

Tasaroca Troll ( I am not a buff bot damit) Shamy

Midgaurd /Prydwen / EU

• kraidenkraiden Staff WriterMember UncommonPosts: 638

Im going to have faith in mark this one last time. 

He has produced one Warhammer which was billed as a diamond mine and  insted was... silver.

produced Darkness falls which was unheralded and became a cult success like finding gold when looking for gold

And then DAoC which was billed as a silver mine and produced PLUTONIUM!!!!!!!

<pushes all his chips forward>

Im all in