Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Yikes..VIP is character bound and can't be transfered over to new character on new server.

rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870

I just saw this on their official forums.  Earthquake's responses aren't that encouraging.

http://www.ageofwushu.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5541

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

Comments

• NC360NC360 Member Posts: 67

If characters were allowed to be transfered over, I wouldn't have even given the game a chance considering that I was on the fence about it. I like a more fair level playing field after beta (wipe or a new server), as most new players would prefer.

Overall the game seems interesting, with a pretty big learning curve. Some things I don't like though, but it's cool.

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    I think the main issue I'm getting from their forums is with people who already gave Snail $20 or more during their beta time on Blue Dragon.  They can't transfer their VIP time over to the new server with a new character even if they decided to delete their Blue Dragon toon since Snail will only allow one character per account.  So basically if you want to have a VIP character on both servers, you have to have two separate accounts and pay for two separate sets of VIP privileges.  So basically those who already bought the Deluxe Edition and have already applied their product key for VIP on Blue Dragon are basically stuck there until that VIP time expires.  If they were thinking they could switch over to the new server when it went live with their remaining VIP privileges, they will soon learn that they won't be able to.

• LivnthedreamLivnthedream Member Posts: 555
    Originally posted by rodingo
    I think the main issue I'm getting from their forums is with people who already gave Snail $20 or more during their beta time on Blue Dragon.  They can't transfer their VIP time over to the new server with a new character even if they decided to delete their Blue Dragon toon since Snail will only allow one character per account.  So basically if you want to have a VIP character on both servers, you have to have two separate accounts and pay for two separate sets of VIP privileges.  So basically those who already bought the Deluxe Edition and have already applied their product key for VIP on Blue Dragon are basically stuck there until that VIP time expires.  If they were thinking they could switch over to the new server when it went live with their remaining VIP privileges, they will soon learn that they won't be able to.

^ This. The real question now is cash grab or incompetence?

• BiskopBiskop Member UncommonPosts: 709
    Originally posted by Livnthedream

I'd say it's a bit of both. Snail is this game's worst enemy - I'm very disappointed both with their decision to open a new server and with these sad news. Might be I won't renew my VIP until I see how things pan out.

• AresPLAresPL Member UncommonPosts: 292
    in chinese version when population at server drop they merge it with other, when this one become full they open new one:P probably same will be here 
  • DeitylightDeitylight Member UncommonPosts: 103
    Originally posted by Biskop

I'd say it's a bit of both. Snail is this game's worst enemy - I'm very disappointed both with their decision to open a new server and with these sad news. Might be I won't renew my VIP until I see how things pan out.

Yep, this is all snail's fault for leaving the game open to other people for to long and now people have made long time investmeants in the game are paying for it. I mean who the hell is gonna start on bluedragon? Hell people are already making the change to the new server just to be ahead of others :/

• free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043

I'm guessing they are trying to control meta gaming and one, I hope it works. Two, I hope they stick to their guns if it does. I can appreciate people coming out of Beta wanting some sort of reset but binding myself to a server means so has everyone else and you might see server stability.

So sorry, no noob farming for you. Stay on the veteran beta server.

Originally posted by free2play

I'm guessing they are trying to control meta gaming and one, I hope it works. Two, I hope they stick to their guns if it does. I can appreciate people coming out of Beta wanting some sort of reset but binding myself to a server means so has everyone else and you might see server stability.

This is not about wanting to farm noobs, it's about keeping the progress we've invested time and money into since December. Not everyone wants to start over from scratch (and pay extra for it, too), just because Snail decided at the last minute that three servers would be a good idea.

They can hardly fill one server as i stands, I can imagine just how empty Blue Dragon will be when everyone rolls on White Tiger or Black Tortoise just to be where the action is. Kinda sucks to have no one to play with when you've spent countless hours leveling your life skills and built up considerable in-game wealth, or if you spent real money. Especially in a player driven game like this, an empty server is a disaster.

It would have been different if they had just wiped the beta chars and compensated the beta players in some way (extended VIP or some kind of rewards) or allowed free transfers, but as it stands it's a pretty indecent move tbh.

Well I don't think Blue Dragon will be empty.  At least not at the begining.  There are a lot of you guys who have been beta testing and advancing your characters for several months now.  From what I understand, at least for CB2, you had to buy the Deluxe edition to lift the 1 hour daily time restriction.  That makes me think a good portion of the long term beta testers actually already gave Snail their money.  This is a fair exchange since Snail said they wouldn't wipe the server which basically made for a really long headstart program.

However, once these new servers start opening up, Blue Dragon will probably not see the same amount of influx of new players as the other servers and could possibly loose some of its player base to these new servers.  I'm sure a lot of the established players will not want to move or can't be bothered with starting fresh.  Specially when they like how their character has progressed and if they have actual money invested in said character.  For good reason too, mind you.

The bad thing is, Snail made their decision to make a third server based on the amount of character pre-creations that were made for White Tiger.  Those aren't actual characters playing in the game world since the server isn't even live.  So those are only potential players.  I'm sure that once the Blue Dragon guys learn that they can't transfer their VIP status over to the new servers they will most likely stick with their main on Blue Dragon.  Who is to blame them?  Thus making White Tiger not as full as it actually sounded like it should be "on paper".  Which is just leading to spreading out the game population to much.  Opening new servers is fine, but only if their current server(s) is full.  Starting with two servers? Ok I can see that, but a third?

F2P games aren't charaties and they need to make their money from some of the players.  At least I'm sure they are hoping that people who like their game will support them in someway financially.  But some of these decisions that Snail is making as far as making VIP server bound, no transfers, "rental" items in their cash shop, is going to bite them in the arse later down the road. 

Originally posted by alexanys1982
    Originally posted by free2play

This is not about wanting to farm noobs, it's about keeping the progress we've invested time and money into since December. Not everyone wants to start over from scratch (and pay extra for it, too), just because Snail decided at the last minute that three servers would be a good idea.

They can hardly fill one server as i stands, I can imagine just how empty Blue Dragon will be when everyone rolls on White Tiger or Black Tortoise just to be where the action is. Kinda sucks to have no one to play with when you've spent countless hours leveling your life skills and built up considerable in-game wealth, or if you spent real money. Especially in a player driven game like this, an empty server is a disaster.

It would have been different if they had just wiped the beta chars and compensated the beta players in some way (extended VIP or some kind of rewards) or allowed free transfers, but as it stands it's a pretty indecent move tbh.

Stop spreading lies. Its already been confirmed through data that BlueDragon was at capacity. They even gave us a way to see for ourselves w/o having to show us the data, scripts were running out at events in under 10min when they should be 30min events. So tired of these gankers trying to find every excuse to stay alpha. GET OVER IT no slaughter of noobs.

Did you even read my post? It's not about noob slaughter at all, it's about population. Only a fool could believe BD is anywhere near full capacity - only two towns have active markets and the largest city, supposed Imperial capital Jinling, is always totally empty. The more remote zones are void of players. 

That is not a healthy pop in a player driven game, and spreading it out on two additional servers is just stupid.

• AresPLAresPL Member UncommonPosts: 292

they set server on MMX 166?? their population isnt even 20% of chinese one

totally agree with Biskop

• OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973

I do have a significant amount of time invested in my character on Blue Dragon. As well as some real-money put into it, but that was more from vanity items so I guess it doesn't really matter since those expire.

If I do choose to go to a new server it will be for the reset purposes only. My first few months have been spent trying to understand the game itself so now that I've found my place I'd actually like a more even playing field to get started on.

Currently Blue Dragon is dominated by zerg factions and players from over-seas that had prior knowledge to the game and pretty much were able to leap frog over everyone with their inside information and previous experience with the game.

At this point Blue Dragon is pretty much a loss for anyone expecting to come in fresh and have a good time. The markets are completely out of whack and over-priced to hell. The goldspammers have invaded in full force and (no I'm not like that, but it has to be said) since this is actually the NA version of the game and not the CN or EU version I would like the chance to actually play with more primarily english speaking players.

I enjoy playing with people from all over the world but currently the Blue Dragon server feels less and less like an actual US based server and more so like I'm actually hoping cross seas to join in on a foriegn server.

It's definately not about having and headstart over some newbies or anything like that but like I said a better oppurtunity for a more even start for everyone who chooses to play on the new servers. Hopefully we can break up the powerblocks that try to control the markets and just the community overall a bit on the newer servers.

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769

was there some kind of promise or commitment that you would be able to do this? Where did you get the idea that you could do this?

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

Originally posted by waynejr2

was there some kind of promise or commitment that you would be able to do this? Where did you get the idea that you could do this?

I'm not sure what you are asking, but I'm assuming you're referencing about the part of transfering VIP from one server to the next?  There was no commitment or promise that said you could or could not do this.  I went through the steps to buy the Deluxe edition, but stopped just shy of giving them my CC info and nowhere does it say you can't transfer that service, nor does Snail warn the buyer that they can't.   Sure you can blame the player for giving Snail their money on the assumption that they could transfer their service over.  However, don't you think it's good business practice to include what the service does and does not allow before the purchase is made?  Sure, you might not get the same amount of business, but at least its honest and upfront.

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465

What about this game isn't a cash grab? Grind or Pay... that is the way of games like this. And as for anything like "free transfers"? Yeah, right... that would stop you from having to pay for cash shop stuff, again.
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769

I'm not sure what you are asking, but I'm assuming you're referencing about the part of transfering VIP from one server to the next?  There was no commitment or promise that said you could or could not do this.  I went through the steps to buy the Deluxe edition, but stopped just shy of giving them my CC info and nowhere does it say you can't transfer that service, nor does Snail warn the buyer that they can't.   Sure you can blame the player for giving Snail their money on the assumption that they could transfer their service over.  However, don't you think it's good business practice to include what the service does and does not allow before the purchase is made?  Sure, you might not get the same amount of business, but at least its honest and upfront.

The problem is your assumption.  Now you are asking businesses to write a long list of disclaimers to cover every posilble assumption that any given player could dream up?  Seriously, that is messed up.  The onus is on you here.

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

The problem is your assumption.  Now you are asking businesses to write a long list of disclaimers to cover every posilble assumption that any given player could dream up?  Seriously, that is messed up.  The onus is on you here.

The problem isn't my assumption becuase I didn't give Snail any money becuase of that.  The "onus" is on those that bought into the game and if you read the OP and follow the link then you will see how the players on the official forums feel. 

edit: And how does something as basic as transferring a paid service to another character on another server fit into "every possible assumption that any given player could dream up"?

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

The problem isn't my assumption becuase I didn't give Snail any money becuase of that.  The "onus" is on those that bought into the game and if you read the OP and follow the link then you will see how the players on the official forums feel. 

edit: And how does something as basic as transferring a paid service to another character on another server fit into "every possible assumption that any given player could dream up"?

Here bud, this might help you, Q&A. You keep citing official forums, but never link anything. Didn't you say your not gonna play anyways? Regardless here is this.

http://www.ageofwushu.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5604

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
    Originally posted by bcbully

Here bud, this might help you, Q&A. You keep citing official forums, but never link anything. Didn't you say your not gonna play anyways? Regardless here is this.

Lol,..man I have to admit you really do try.  You want links? Check the OP for starters. Then after after you read that, check my response to you on another thread.  You know the one where I "lose credibilty" according to you by providng yet another link.  Then, ...I know it's a little work,...but to bring things full circle so you can add some truth to your above statements, please provide a link to where I said I wasn't going to play.  I admit I said I wasn't going to give Snail money after finding some info, but it's a F2P game so I don't need to.  In fact didn't you reccomend to someone to not spend money on the game too?  I know you deem yourself the unofficial spokesman for Age of Wushu, but jeez settle down some.  I'm not attacking the game, but thier poor financial decisions.  I mean, do you even go to their forums?  You act like I'm the only one saying this stuff.

Lol,..man I have to admit you really do try.  You want links? Check the OP for starters. Then after after you read that, check my response to you on another thread.  You know the one where I "lose credibilty" according to you by providng yet another link.  Then, ...I know it's a little work,...but to bring things full circle so you can add some truth to your above statements, please provide a link to where I said I wasn't going to play.  I admit I said I wasn't going to give Snail money after finding some info, but it's a F2P game so I don't need to.  In fact didn't you reccomend to someone to not spend money on the game too?  I know you deem yourself the unofficial spokesman for Age of Wushu, but jeez settle down some.  I'm not attacking the game, but thier poor financial decisions.  I mean, do you even go to their forums?  You act like I'm the only one saying this stuff.

You talking about all 44 post from 15 people? Oook man. Have fun with this one. Just like your "people say there should be a wipe." 

Did you play so bad that the only solution is to start over? Geeez man. You know how people in a rut say "I'm moving to _____" like that's gonna help. 

Let me get this straight. You want to wipe 5 months of progression, and to then transfer you aacount to the brand new servers? You ever hear "You can want in one hand and crap in the other?"

Life lessons here mate.

You talking about all 44 post from 15 people? Oook man. Have fun with this one. Just like your "people say there should be a wipe." 

Did you play so bad that the only solution is to start over? Geeez man. You know how people in a rut say "I'm moving to _____" like that's gonna help. 

Let me get this straight. You want to wipe 5 months of progression, and to then transfer you aacount to the brand new servers? You ever hear "You can want in one hand and crap in the other?"

Life lessons here mate.

So that's it?  You don't have a real response, so now you resort to giving me "life lessons"?  It's like you have your head buried in the sand about any thing to do with AoW and Snail.  For some reason you feel that when ever I say something negative about Snail, that's a direct attack against you.  I don't know, seems a little insecure.  Did I run over your dog or kick your cat in some other life or something?  Was it the Y axis thing that you made you so bitter towards me? 

Life lessons here mate.

So that's it?  You don't have a real response, so now you resort to giving me "life lessons"?  It's like you have your head buried in the sand about any thing to do with AoW and Snail.  For some reason you feel that when ever I say something negative about Snail, that's a direct attack against you.  I don't know, seems a little insecure.  Did I run over your dog or kick your cat in some other life or something?  Was it the Y axis thing that you made you so bitter towards me? 

You are just saying silly stuff man. Talk about sever latency issues, talk about gold seller spam, School War spawn points.

Instead you say they should wipe 5 months of progression. I mean you and the 11 (generous estimate) other people have a right to post your wants and desires, but I have the right to say they are absurd.

Nothing personal mate. Korrigan (before he deleted his account) that was personal :p

You are just saying silly stuff man. Talk about sever latency issues, talk about gold seller spam, School War spawn points.

Instead you say they should wipe 5 months of progression. I mean you and the 11 (generous estimate) other people have a right to post your wants and desires, but I have the right to say they are absurd.

Nothing personal mate. Korrigan (before he deleted his account) that was personal :p

First off, I decided to trim up this quote war stuff.  Was getting kind of long there. Secondly, like you said I have the right to post just like you do.  Obviously I think the stuff you say is pretty silly too.  So that's a stalemate there.  Plus, you keep hitting on ONE point I brought up in another thread that someone else started.    You are not even posting on topic with this thread, which happens to be the only thread I have started on the AoW forums.  And, to make things clear, I don't "want" them to wipe Blue Dragon becuase it doesn't affect me if they do or don't.  However, I think they should (yes there is a difference).  Wiping beta servers before launch is the norm in pretty much every game that has them, so sorry that is not "absurd".  Yes I know they said they wouldn't, but  that's also absurd.  They basically gave the CB2 testers a 4 or 5 month headstart and expect new players to want to join that server at launch when they can start on an even foot with everyone else on a brand new server? However, what happens on Blue Dragon is no longer my concern.  I have already pre-created my toon for White Tiger.  I played on Blue Dragon for the past couple of weeks to give the game a second chance and to get a better feel for the gameplay and I ended up liking the game.  However, knowing the game was still in beta and that they were planning on opening a new server for a launch, I didn't bother investing to much time or money into it.  Like I said, I'm not the only one who feels this way on these forums or the official ones.  In fact based off of replies on their forums and here to people that share the same concerns as I, you are actually in the minority friend.  I don't see to many people defending Snail's decisions. Mainly just you.

• AlamarethAlamareth Member UncommonPosts: 570

Aya ya, what is going on here?

1) Wiping BD is stupid because:

- Two new servers

1a) New players have an incentive to join BD because:

- Faster progression, no thresholds to meet unlike the two new servers.  You WILL level faster and get to high level content faster in BD than either of the two new servers.

- Established guilds and playerbase.  New players won't have to spend the 5+ hour dungeon runs testing each individual boss to understand the strategy to beat it.  Yes, there are guides and no they don't take the place of players who actually have extensive experience.

- Established market, easier for new players to immediately start making money through the materials market.  Also, critical flying skills are widely available for a lower cost.

2) Population on BD is CLEARLY growing.  I have something on the level of 100 new applications to our guild and based on activity logs, they are active players.  Of the dozen or so I've recruited into the guild, they are all planning to stay on BD.

So yes, your theory crafting is great and all....but it ignores the reality that both bcbully and I see daily in-game.

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    i wonder what will happen incase you delete a VIP char. will the status be lost?

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"