Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warplots

Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
Can someone go into detail of what these are. I see bits and pieces all over the net, but nothing really concrete. I have to say this game seems extremely feature rich, looking forward to it more each day.

Comments

• ScottyakScottyak Member Posts: 12

What do you want to know?

Warplots are the PvP endgame. I believe they are designed for 40v40 combat. Overall the system seems similar to any other where you build up your "base" and defend it from attack. What's different is the wide variety of options available in designing your plot. Think the housing system but for PvP. Want to build walls, turrets and minefields? Go for it. Or spend your points on a raid boss and unleash it on the other team.

What I don't know is how warplots will be given out. Will everybody get one like the housing plots? If they are guild based, how will that work? If you are in a large guild do you just get one plot?

• birdycephonbirdycephon Member UncommonPosts: 1,314
    Cant wait for launch so I can say I play it for the plot.
  • JKwervoJKwervo Member Posts: 126
    www.warplots.com
  • LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266
    Originally posted by Scottyak

What do you want to know?

Warplots are the PvP endgame. I believe they are designed for 40v40 combat. Overall the system seems similar to any other where you build up your "base" and defend it from attack. What's different is the wide variety of options available in designing your plot. Think the housing system but for PvP. Want to build walls, turrets and minefields? Go for it. Or spend your points on a raid boss and unleash it on the other team.

What I don't know is how warplots will be given out. Will everybody get one like the housing plots? If they are guild based, how will that work? If you are in a large guild do you just get one plot?

I have to say this just contributes to my overall feeling of "meh" about this game. The more I hear about the game, the less interested I am. 40v40? So it's not going to be some sort of cool OwPvP zone but instead just an AV type BG? Also, why attack the other guild's base, what do you get from that? What do you get for defending? Are these in instances or are they all in one huge zone? What makes a person decide to choose to attack one guild's base over another if there are I'm asuming going to be a lot of them?

Still a lot of questions that need answering but from that little description it doesn't make me want to play.

• JKwervoJKwervo Member Posts: 126

And it's okay to have that opinion of it. Camelot Unchained is that way as that game looks like it's pure OWPVP ----->

Not trying to sound rude or anything, but details are out there about the game now. Most, if not all, of the PvP is looking like it's instanced. However, we are not sure yet if there will be OWPVP or a ruleset for a server like that. I would assume there would be. 

However, if instanced isn't for you, then I suggest looking for a game that actually offers the features or gameplay you are looking for. As it is now, Wildstar may not be the MMO you're looking for. 

• LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266
    I ask questions for clarity and to give some constructive criticism about a game still in development and you tell me to go elsewhere to a game I have zero interest in that's 2 years away? Seriously dude? Wildstar could be fun game and thus far I'm interested enough, but I don't know enough about it yet. Instead of shooing away all potential customers, try changing your attitude.
  • ScottyakScottyak Member Posts: 12

Carbine hasn't done a big reveal concerning PvP.  So any response to the OP will be limited.

I share some of your concerns Leiloni. The rewards/incentives, outside of fun, for participating in warplots haven't been elaborated on. It seems clear that winning a warplot battle won't allow you special access to a dungeon or control over a zone like in other games. I would like to know how the warplot system will tie into the whole competitive PvP/ leaderboard deal that Carbine has mentioned.

• ThupliThupli Member RarePosts: 1,318

I heard that your guild could lose their entire warplot to another guild.  So there can be a lot at stake.  Sort of like full loot pvp... for fortresses.

Take that for what it is worth; I heard it somewhere, but cant remember if it was their official forums or what. 

• IsawaIsawa Member UncommonPosts: 1,051
    Originally posted by JKwervo

And it's okay to have that opinion of it. Camelot Unchained is that way as that game looks like it's pure OWPVP ----->

Not trying to sound rude or anything, but details are out there about the game now. Most, if not all, of the PvP is looking like it's instanced. However, we are not sure yet if there will be OWPVP or a ruleset for a server like that. I would assume there would be. 

However, if instanced isn't for you, then I suggest looking for a game that actually offers the features or gameplay you are looking for. As it is now, Wildstar may not be the MMO you're looking for. 

Open World PvP

• WarplotsWarplots Member Posts: 8

As already mentioned there is very little informatoin released about WarPlots so far. There is a lot one could assume based off detailed housing videos, and little bits of info released in the Pokket Interview @ pax. 

One thing for certain is that a guild that wants to participate in WarPlots needs to create a WarParty. WarParties can only own one WarPlot and obtaining one is very easy. Carbine mentioned that the hard part will be maintaing and upgrading your WarPlot, not receiving one. 

I don't think a warparty will be given the opponent's warplot upon victory. Instead resources will likely be obtained in the form of plugs, mats, and credits. 

Another fact about WarPlots I can go into a little bit of detail on is the matchmaking system. 

Carbine has confirmed that Matchmaking will be random in the sense that you can not challenge another WarParty specifically. Instead you are matched by your WarParty skill level.

What determines a WarParty skill level is still unknown, but here is my best guess..

A WarParty's skill level I believe is determined by their WarPlot & not the W-L record. WarPlots have a point system, where you can only lay a plug if you have enough points. I hate to assume, but It would make sense that the further you progress in WarPlotting the more points available to use on your WarPlot. There will likely be tiers, so when you first start you only have a few points to spend, allowing battles to stay relatively simple. Then as you progress you somehow unlock the ability to raise the point cap on your plot, opening the door to heavy duty strategy. 

In short, I can't wait for more info ;) 

Warplots.com

• WarplotsWarplots Member Posts: 8
    and your right, you can lose your warplot, meaning it can be completely destroyed. So a Warparty will likely only have 1 WarPlot battle a week. Have to take into account that 40 players need to log on. This will be difficult for raiding guilds that are already committing three nights a week to raiding.  

Warplots.com

• RocknissRockniss Member Posts: 1,034
    Warplots is 40 vs 40 pvp - you can "build" a base or you can capture a raid boss and unleash it in the 40 vs 40 warplot. Imagine unleashing a raid boss. Now that's a game changer. But perhaps the defense you built into your base makes a raid boss coming at you chump change. 40 vs 40 is going to be interesting.
  • RocknissRockniss Member Posts: 1,034

Start at about the 5 minute mark of the vid below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wN2scpeA41k