Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Some Truth about MO

CDXXXCDXXX Member Posts: 4
Censored

Comments

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366
    hi CD miss ya buddy :)

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

• GenadiGenadi Member UncommonPosts: 110

Glad some people are finally coming out and being honest about this.

I was told by an ex GM this a while ago and it's the reason I unsubbed.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,988

Day late and a dollar short...

2 years ago people kind of cared... one year ago people were still somewhat curious.  Now... almost everyone has moved on and stuff like this barely gets a shrug.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366
    Originally posted by Slapshot1188

Day late and a dollar short...

2 years ago people kind of cared... one year ago people were still somewhat curious.  Now... almost everyone has moved on and stuff like this barely gets a shrug.

the community is so used to it i highly doubt it suprises anyone.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

• HeretixHeretix Member Posts: 21
    Originally posted by Deleted User

I am only posting this information here because it would not last 30 seconds on Mortal onlines website

Dear Mortal Online Community,
          I am come to you to clear the air about what did and did not happen.  IX was formed because many ex AQ members were duping or involved  in duping along with being tired of AQ council controlling the guild in a game they no longer played. So IX was formed and Warchild was given 50k salvia oil if not more to figure out the pot recipe and so he did I'm sure it was not difficult with his knowledge of the game and the obscene amount of potion mats that were duped. And when it comes to inside information IX has it they constantly get upcoming patch information and hotfix information from their host of councillors and people involved in the test team. More recently when incisium was nerfed they knew it was coming in and tried to get as many pre-patch suites made so they could continue using incisium armor. When I discovered the "Shadow Technique" method of bypassing the blocking system in the game I literally told everyone how it was done and how it worked not excluding the members of the test team and gm/councillor team the only reason it came to light was because HandsomDan went to the GMs and told them. Teddy was kicked off the test team for being honest saying he did use "shadow technique" and did not care. Heretix on the other hand lied to GMs saying he had no idea about "shadow technique" and its origins. It is besides the point the GMs have real life friends in IX what matters is how easily IX abuses their positions for self gain and are able to shrug it off and keep on going. Though we may never beable to truly prove gms involvement in finding our true identities it seems very logical and fits the puzzle very wel , and was hinted towards by DeluX in pms. I still like many people in IX but the way they are handleing themselfs in this whole situation is apaulling at best and have been reduced to attempting to slander there ex members names in an attempt to win a fight they cannot in the actuall game.

- Sincerely CDXX

Another reason IX was formed was because they kicked a player from the guild that we wanted to continue playing with.  That person was CDXX.  Let's go through some of your other "fill in the blank" style "Facts" that you listed, since most of them are pulled straight out of your rear:

Warchild was given 50k salvia oil if not more to figure out the pot recipe and so he did I'm sure it was not difficult with his knowledge of the game and the obscene amount of potion mats that were duped.

Since I was there to witness the ~3 hours of potion mat duping before the GMs brought the server down to hotfix I can attest to the fact that all of the mats were used skill up a new alchemist character.  The account was immediately temp banned while the situation was investigated and a week later that temp ban turned into a perma ban.  All of the alchemy mats and the character were banned literally hours after the dupe was discovered and Warchild had not even logged on once throughout the entire event.  Since you yourself were involved with the duping CDXX you should know that Warchild had no part of it whatsoever, and was well into researching alchemy weeks if not months before this.  Formulating at possibilities are better than actual facts CD?

And when it comes to inside information IX has it they constantly get upcoming patch information and hotfix information from their host of councillors and people involved in the test team. More recently when incisium was nerfed they knew it was coming in and tried to get as many pre-patch suites made so they could continue using incisium armor.

You are right, some patch information leaks through the cracks (not just IX) and those of us still on the test team have made an extra effort to keep that shit quiet, especially since they recently added the NDA.  Most of these patch notes are posted on the live forums well before the patch is released, so a lot of your "insider information" is revealed before the patch hits and has nothing to do with tester leaks.  As to the councilors, we have 1 EX COUNCILOR in the entire guild.  1.  How could you even say we have a "host of councilors", blows my mind how you could assert that.  You really don't have enough dirt that you have to make things up?

When I discovered the "Shadow Technique" method of bypassing the blocking system in the game I literally told everyone how it was done and how it worked not excluding the members of the test team and gm/councillor team the only reason it came to light was because HandsomDan went to the GMs and told them. Teddy was kicked off the test team for being honest saying he did use "shadow technique" and did not care. Heretix on the other hand lied to GMs saying he had no idea about "shadow technique" and its origins.

No GMs ever questioned me about shadow technique.  The only person I may have been "less than honest" to about it was Aphilas, who was grilling me after I came off a week break asking me all about it.  At this point I had "heard" but never witnessed what exactly you guys were doing.  So when I had to come back with information I was stuck in between IX, especially you CD accusing me of ratting or giving over every little trick over to Test, and Aphilas accusing my guild of exploiting.  There is a laundry list of things in this game that straddle the line of intended or not and rather than get involved I differed the situation to other IX in the test team.  Again you are taking a tiny ounce of knowledge and creating the rest of the story to better suit your little spiel.

It is besides the point the GMs have real life friends in IX what matters is how easily IX abuses their positions for self gain and are able to shrug it off and keep on going. Though we may never beable to truly prove gms involvement in finding our true identities it seems very logical and fits the puzzle very wel , and was hinted towards by DeluX in pms. I still like many people in IX but the way they are handleing themselfs in this whole situation is apaulling at best and have been reduced to attempting to slander there ex members names in an attempt to win a fight they cannot in the actuall game.

I guess this post really isn't about mortal but about your beef with IX.  It is absolutely absurd to suggest Athanas handed over personal player information over to a guild, and in fact I don't think GMs even have access to that information.  Warmonger connected to Warchilds TS with his IP.  That is not personal information, Warchild has every right to see who is connecting to TS.  He then matched that IP to Warmongers IP on his steam friends list.  Wow, someone who leads cyber security for the 7th largest company in the world couldn't possibly match IPs.  Even a person who fixes refrigerators for a living could figure that one out.  Quit being butthurt and take your beating from our noob guild like an adult.  Slandering a game you have played almost consistently since launch, and continue to play is pretty damn low, and thats all I really have to say about it.

• CDXXXCDXXX Member Posts: 4
    Originally posted by Heretix
    Originally posted by Deleted User

I am only posting this information here because it would not last 30 seconds on Mortal onlines website

Dear Mortal Online Community,
          I am come to you to clear the air about what did and did not happen.  IX was formed because many ex AQ members were duping or involved  in duping along with being tired of AQ council controlling the guild in a game they no longer played. So IX was formed and Warchild was given 50k salvia oil if not more to figure out the pot recipe and so he did I'm sure it was not difficult with his knowledge of the game and the obscene amount of potion mats that were duped. And when it comes to inside information IX has it they constantly get upcoming patch information and hotfix information from their host of councillors and people involved in the test team. More recently when incisium was nerfed they knew it was coming in and tried to get as many pre-patch suites made so they could continue using incisium armor. When I discovered the "Shadow Technique" method of bypassing the blocking system in the game I literally told everyone how it was done and how it worked not excluding the members of the test team and gm/councillor team the only reason it came to light was because HandsomDan went to the GMs and told them. Teddy was kicked off the test team for being honest saying he did use "shadow technique" and did not care. Heretix on the other hand lied to GMs saying he had no idea about "shadow technique" and its origins. It is besides the point the GMs have real life friends in IX what matters is how easily IX abuses their positions for self gain and are able to shrug it off and keep on going. Though we may never beable to truly prove gms involvement in finding our true identities it seems very logical and fits the puzzle very wel , and was hinted towards by DeluX in pms. I still like many people in IX but the way they are handleing themselfs in this whole situation is apaulling at best and have been reduced to attempting to slander there ex members names in an attempt to win a fight they cannot in the actuall game.

- Sincerely CDXX

Another reason IX was formed was because they kicked a player from the guild that we wanted to continue playing with.  That person was CDXX.  Let's go through some of your other "fill in the blank" style "Facts" that you listed, since most of them are pulled straight out of your rear:

Warchild was given 50k salvia oil if not more to figure out the pot recipe and so he did I'm sure it was not difficult with his knowledge of the game and the obscene amount of potion mats that were duped.

Since I was there to witness the ~3 hours of potion mat duping before the GMs brought the server down to hotfix I can attest to the fact that all of the mats were used skill up a new alchemist character.  The account was immediately temp banned while the situation was investigated and a week later that temp ban turned into a perma ban.  All of the alchemy mats and the character were banned literally hours after the dupe was discovered and Warchild had not even logged on once throughout the entire event.  Since you yourself were involved with the duping CDXX you should know that Warchild had no part of it whatsoever, and was well into researching alchemy weeks if not months before this.  Formulating at possibilities are better than actual facts CD?

And when it comes to inside information IX has it they constantly get upcoming patch information and hotfix information from their host of councillors and people involved in the test team. More recently when incisium was nerfed they knew it was coming in and tried to get as many pre-patch suites made so they could continue using incisium armor.

You are right, some patch information leaks through the cracks (not just IX) and those of us still on the test team have made an extra effort to keep that shit quiet, especially since they recently added the NDA.  Most of these patch notes are posted on the live forums well before the patch is released, so a lot of your "insider information" is revealed before the patch hits and has nothing to do with tester leaks.  As to the councilors, we have 1 EX COUNCILOR in the entire guild.  1.  How could you even say we have a "host of councilors", blows my mind how you could assert that.  You really don't have enough dirt that you have to make things up?

When I discovered the "Shadow Technique" method of bypassing the blocking system in the game I literally told everyone how it was done and how it worked not excluding the members of the test team and gm/councillor team the only reason it came to light was because HandsomDan went to the GMs and told them. Teddy was kicked off the test team for being honest saying he did use "shadow technique" and did not care. Heretix on the other hand lied to GMs saying he had no idea about "shadow technique" and its origins.

No GMs ever questioned me about shadow technique.  The only person I may have been "less than honest" to about it was Aphilas, who was grilling me after I came off a week break asking me all about it.  At this point I had "heard" but never witnessed what exactly you guys were doing.  So when I had to come back with information I was stuck in between IX, especially you CD accusing me of ratting or giving over every little trick over to Test, and Aphilas accusing my guild of exploiting.  There is a laundry list of things in this game that straddle the line of intended or not and rather than get involved I differed the situation to other IX in the test team.  Again you are taking a tiny ounce of knowledge and creating the rest of the story to better suit your little spiel.

It is besides the point the GMs have real life friends in IX what matters is how easily IX abuses their positions for self gain and are able to shrug it off and keep on going. Though we may never beable to truly prove gms involvement in finding our true identities it seems very logical and fits the puzzle very wel , and was hinted towards by DeluX in pms. I still like many people in IX but the way they are handleing themselfs in this whole situation is apaulling at best and have been reduced to attempting to slander there ex members names in an attempt to win a fight they cannot in the actuall game.

I guess this post really isn't about mortal but about your beef with IX.  It is absolutely absurd to suggest Athanas handed over personal player information over to a guild, and in fact I don't think GMs even have access to that information.  Warmonger connected to Warchilds TS with his IP.  That is not personal information, Warchild has every right to see who is connecting to TS.  He then matched that IP to Warmongers IP on his steam friends list.  Wow, someone who leads cyber security for the 7th largest company in the world couldn't possibly match IPs.  Even a person who fixes refrigerators for a living could figure that one out.  Quit being butthurt and take your beating from our noob guild like an adult.  Slandering a game you have played almost consistently since launch, and continue to play is pretty damn low, and thats all I really have to say about it.

Atleast you admit to being involved in the duping I also like how you mention Athanas as not being involved whilst there is no previous mention of his involvement. No one said a word about athanas leaking information but that is a good theory heretix.

Can you leak some upcoming patch info to me?

• jmlane223jmlane223 Member UncommonPosts: 197
    This game is so funny... im far from being a 'hacker' yet I just checked (and reported it a while back) and you can still manipulate the client and hit over 140 with the weakest bow/swords ingame. Game is so lol
  • psykobillypsykobilly Member Posts: 338
    Originally posted by jmlane223
    This game is so funny... im far from being a 'hacker' yet I just checked (and reported it a while back) and you can still manipulate the client and hit over 140 with the weakest bow/swords ingame. Game is so lol

Also funny is the fact that the only reason anyone knows anything about the potion making system is that one hacker datamined all the potion mats by reading RAM and figured out every multiplier in game - and the information slowly leaked out and that is why anyone has knowledge about the potion system.

When guilds like IX did their 'testing' already lots of information had leaked.  

• CDXXXCDXXX Member Posts: 4

Yup billy you know to much my friend

That guy memory scanned every material in the game in order to compile the information needed to properly make potions

I should post that list =D.

This discussion has been closed.