Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Camelot Unchained Kickstarter Progress Discussion

Comments

• meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282
    Originally posted by Sornin
    Originally posted by meddyck
    $970K... let's see it hit $1 mil today so we find out what the stretch goals are.

Was it actually stated somewhere that some stretch goals would be anounced at $1M? If so, cool! Still a long way from $2M, but something to shoot for, eh?

Anyway, I suspect it will hit $1M by the end of the 8th day, which is Wednesday, April 10, at 9:00 AM PDT, or about 29 hours from now. It may do so sooner, but I am certain it will be by then as that is about a $1K/hour pace, which I think is very achievable.

It's getting around $40K a day so it should hit $1 million today unless there is an unexpected drop off in donations. And yes Mark did say he would announce stretch goals at $1 million although I can't remember where I saw that.

http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained/#chart-daily

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• ArnfiarnunnArnfiarnunn Member UncommonPosts: 61

HERE and overview, all you want to know about CU.

Read beforfe asking if they will add PvE stuff looted in instances :D

Originally posted by Xobdnas

Watching the $$$ is like watching my XP bar at this point! Wanna ding 1 mill, anticipation is killing me!

LOL. Yeah. I have the Kickstarter open in a browser tab here at work.

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• HjamnrHjamnr Member Posts: 163
    Originally posted by Sornin
    $970K... let's see it hit $1 mil today so we find out what the stretch goals are.

Was it actually stated somewhere that some stretch goals would be anounced at $1M? If so, cool! Still a long way from $2M, but something to shoot for, eh?

Anyway, I suspect it will hit $1M by the end of the 8th day, which is Wednesday, April 10, at 9:00 AM PDT, or about 29 hours from now. It may do so sooner, but I am certain it will be by then as that is about a $1K/hour pace, which I think is very achievable.

It's getting around $40K a day so it should hit $1 million today unless there is an unexpected drop off in donations. And yes Mark did say he would announce stretch goals at $1 million although I can't remember where I saw that.

http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained/#chart-daily

More importantly... he said he'd wear a very colorful outfit, when it hit $1mil.  Something much more garish than his standard black polo shirts he's worn in every vid.  image

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • GKermichilGKermichil Member Posts: 32
    Originally posted by cinos

At the rate it's going I'm not convinced this game will even be funded. Let alone reach some stretch goals.

Atm it needs to be hitting 44k each day. It has failed to do that the past three and the average it then needs keeps increasing.

Still early days, but it's not looking good.

As long as we stay near 44k per day, we are okay.   There should be a surge near the end if other kickstarters are a guide.  A single 80k day makes up for a week of  39k days.  That's not saying that we have this in the bag.  We still need to get the word out.

I play on the classic daoc freeshard, and it is amazing how many people I meet there that have never heard of CU.  I point people here everyday and they are very excited when they find out.  I would guess that the vast majority of the target audience for this game has no idea it exists.

At the rate it's going I'm not convinced this game will even be funded. Let alone reach some stretch goals.

Atm it needs to be hitting 44k each day. It has failed to do that the past three and the average it then needs keeps increasing.

That's true, but if it can keep going at close to the current rate then it is very likely people who already donated in the first few days will increase their donations at the very end and push it to $2 million. For instance check out what happened on the last day for Pathfinder Online:

http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/1675907842/pathfinder-online-a-fantasy-sandbox-mmo/#chart-daily

That's true, but if it can keep going at close to the current rate then it is very likely people who already donated in the first few days will increase their donations at the very end and push it to $2 million. For instance check out what happened on the last day for Pathfinder Online:

http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/1675907842/pathfinder-online-a-fantasy-sandbox-mmo/#chart-daily

Wow, I had no idea PO cut it that close.  Good job on that community for pushing it over the finish line!

Originally posted by G_Kermichil

Wow, I had no idea PO cut it that close.  Good job on that community for pushing it over the finish line!

Looking at the PO chart again, it appears a whole lot of new people donated on the last day too. I guess they were waiting around hoping for somebody else to fund the game but when forced to choose between no game and ponying up a few bucks, they opened their wallets.

• EaderbrecaEaderbreca MMORPG.com StreamerMember Posts: 44

(booming voice) And on the eight day MJ created stretch goals.

What do you mean?

(¯`v?¯) Sophie Breca (?.•?¯`•?.•*?¯`•*
    `*.?.*? Streamer at MMORPG.com
    (\__/)?.•?.•* DAoC PC Staff?)?.•*?)
    (="."=) (?.•? twitter.com/SophieBreca (?.•?
    (")_(")youtube.com/user/sophiebreca
    facebook.com/user/eaderbreca

• EaderbrecaEaderbreca MMORPG.com StreamerMember Posts: 44
    Oh I wonder. Curious now.

(¯`v?¯) Sophie Breca (?.•?¯`•?.•*?¯`•*
    `*.?.*? Streamer at MMORPG.com
    (\__/)?.•?.•* DAoC PC Staff?)?.•*?)
    (="."=) (?.•? twitter.com/SophieBreca (?.•?
    (")_(")youtube.com/user/sophiebreca
    facebook.com/user/eaderbreca

• MehugeMehuge Member UncommonPosts: 24

I don't know where kicktraq is getting its daily numbers from but they dont seem to be an accurate reflection of actual backers and pledges.  For instance http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained/#chart-daily

We are in day 8, we are infact exactly 5 hours into day 8 (at the time of writing).  In the last 5 hours the project has raised $8,652 ($983,720.26 - $975,067.94) yet kicktraq would have us believe its more like $16,422

The KS project is just hovering under the amount needed to fund level atm, so with an expected big spike at the end we should probably be ok if it keeps ticking over as it has been doing for past few days.

http://hive.borg-collective.org.uk/cuks.php

• ThaFinestThaFinest Member Posts: 21

Originally posted by Eaderbreca

Originally posted by Xobdnas (booming voice) And on the eight day MJ created stretch goals.
    What do you mean?

When we hit 1 million they will bring out some stretch goals. I thought it would be today but now I have my doubts. If I had it I'd by an Inn, no I'd by ALL the inns!

It's at 990k and still have more than 6 hours (central time, more time on the pacific coast) to reach $1 million. I think it'll reach.

I'm more worried about it reaching the needed $44,000/day to reach $2 million overall. That's a tall order.

Gaming Names -
    Xboxlive - ThafinestX
    PS3 - ThafinestX
    LoL - DeeKno & ThaFinest
    SW:TOR - DeeKno & ThaFinest
    DAoC - Sebestian

• BowbowDAoCBowbowDAoC Member UncommonPosts: 472

a little more than 5k to go for 1 mil !

Hey Eaderbreca, didnt know you came from Quebec too.

Bowbow (kob hunter) Infecto (kob cave shammy) and Thurka (troll warrior) on Merlin/Midgard DAoC
    Thurka on WAR

Originally posted by ThaFinest

Originally posted by Xobdnas (booming voice) And on the eight day MJ created stretch goals.
    What do you mean?
      When we hit 1 million they will bring out some stretch goals. I thought it would be today but now I have my doubts. If I had it I'd by an Inn, no I'd by ALL the inns!
    It's at 990k and still have more than 6 hours (central time, more time on the pacific coast) to reach $1 million. I think it'll reach.

I'm more worried about it reaching the needed $44,000/day to reach $2 million overall. That's a tall order.

It's so close, we just need a dragon whale!

Want to go halfsies? HA

:D

Gaming Names -
    Xboxlive - ThafinestX
    PS3 - ThafinestX
    LoL - DeeKno & ThaFinest
    DAoC - Sebestian

F5. F5. F5. Hurry up and ding already before I break my keyboard. Grr.

• HigachHigach Member Posts: 4

What do you mean?

Keep in mind there will be a burst at the end as it gets to the last couple of days. Even if it was constantly $5,000 short of that $45,000 daily requirment, if there is a $100,000+ day at the end it will more than make up for it.

A lot of people wait to the last minute to see if they should even bother, and if its close they say why not and help it out. Plus in the last few days it pops up a lot more as an "Ending Soon!" kind of thing, so people who don't even know about the game might catch wind of it in the final stretch.

Ding, $1 million. Half way there....as the poster said above me, let's keep close to $40,000 a day so we can have some stretch goals and maybe fund $500,000 or $1 million over so we can have some sweet additions :D

Gaming Names -
    Xboxlive - ThafinestX
    PS3 - ThafinestX
    LoL - DeeKno & ThaFinest
    DAoC - Sebestian

Ding, $1 million. Half way there....as the poster said above me, let's keep close to $40,000 a day so we can have some stretch goals and maybe fund $500,000 or $1 million over so we can have some sweet additions :D

Huge psychological milestone!  Three weeks left to go!  You're right, if we can keep around $40k per day, the final surge will push us into some nice stretch goals!  Keep up the great work everyone, it is fun to be part of this great and passionate community.  Lovers and haters, we couldn't do it without you!

That took longer than I would have liked, but I still feel very good about the Kickstarter's chances of funding. Onward to the next million....

• NanulakNanulak Member UncommonPosts: 372

The doors are closing on several pledge levels, notably the ones listed below.  (as of 4/9/2013)

Internal Testing – Digital Only

Pledge $180 or more / 452 backers / Limited (48 of 500 left)

And….

Living Large – Digital Only

Pledge $1,000 or more / 69 backers / Limited (31 of 100 left)

And….

My Inn, My Way – Physical Rewards

Pledge $5,000 or more / 7 backers / Limited (3 of 10 left)

Nanulak

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    broke a million you know what that means???! HAWAIIAN SHIRT TIME image

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• gylnnegylnne Member UncommonPosts: 322
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    broke a million you know what that means???! HAWAIIAN SHIRT TIME image

ooh no more black shirts;P

• AdorianBladeAdorianBlade Member Posts: 62
    If we keep funding at about 40k ish per day we will be short by about 84,000 now addmittedly thats not to much to worry about especiall on the last 2 days of funding. Yesterday was a good day, most likely some were holding out to push over the 1million mark. We need to keep having good days so that we can easily fund 2mil and then reach for stretch goals.
  • RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730
    Originally posted by G_Kermichil

Looking at the PO chart again, it appears a whole lot of new people donated on the last day too. I guess they were waiting around hoping for somebody else to fund the game but when forced to choose between no game and ponying up a few bucks, they opened their wallets.

Or, they funded it themselves - it's not like the company is a 16 year old kid in his basement with $100 to his name.  They have money.

It'll be funded, no question, even if CSE/Mark Jacobs has to pick up the tab on the difference to ensure it gets funded.  Even doing so, he'd be in the black from the KS.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.