Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

So for those who have been playing since launch...

13»

Comments

• LiddokunLiddokun San Francisco, CAPosts: 1,665Member Uncommon
    Game has potential. Still quite buggy. Main missions are interesting. Side quests are boring as hell and repetitive. I like the Arkfall events.
  • SoulStainSoulStain Tampa, FLPosts: 202Member
    I've been playing and just when I start to have slight notions of "been there done that" ....things pop up that I hadn't seen before. Like the wandering Hulkster. Just me and another player were taking turns on that behemoth. Its like the gray hulk on gamma steroids. It was fun. Then A Matriarch popped up once...up til that point I'd only seen the basic swarmer bugs..the flying shooters..monarchs, warriors and the stalagmite looking shooters . I don't remember all the names despite killing hundreds..lol. I find the game enjoyable enough that I had to force myself to take 2 days off ..at least for my back's sake. I really need a better chair for my PC desk. Anyway..tonight I will play again.
  • BrownAleBrownAle fantasyland, MEPosts: 399Member
    Originally posted by SoulStain
    I've been playing and just when I start to have slight notions of "been there done that" ....things pop up that I hadn't seen before. Like the wandering Hulkster. Just me and another player were taking turns on that behemoth. Its like the gray hulk on gamma steroids. It was fun. Then A Matriarch popped up once...up til that point I'd only seen the basic swarmer bugs..the flying shooters..monarchs, warriors and the stalagmite looking shooters . I don't remember all the names despite killing hundreds..lol. I find the game enjoyable enough that I had to force myself to take 2 days off ..at least for my back's sake. I really need a better chair for my PC desk. Anyway..tonight I will play again.

Yeah when your in the nooby areas you seem to be locked into events revolving around the easier mob types.  Once you get deeper into the game different mobs appear (you still get a lot of dynamic roadblocks, but with harder mobs) and then once you cross into sanfranciso things change a  LOT. 

Also dont rush yourself, try to get silver in all the challanges you pass, and try to do all the <!> side missions.  If not youll be going back when you want to unlock pursuits and the outfits for them....though its a nice change of pace from san fransicso, which can get stressful.

• NephaeriusNephaerius Baltimore, MDPosts: 1,539Member Uncommon
    What's up with all these 20 hrs of gameplay statements?  Clearly you're playing a different game here.  I'm at 40-50 hrs played (around Ego lvl 360+) and I haven't even touched PvP yet or done any of the time trials (killing or racing) and I haven't completed the Main Quest Line, Episode Missions, or all the Side Missions yet (although I'm nearing the end with quests).  Granted I stop and do most of the public quests I find in the environment (kill the hellbugs, save prisoners, rescue hostages etc etc).  All considred though even if I don't play another minute I feel like I got my $60 worth.

Steam: Neph

• tifalockharttifalockhart FalkirkPosts: 72Member Uncommon
    Ive been playing since lauch day, ive had no issues apart from a couple of disconnects and im really enjoying they game im currently playing about 4-5 hours per night and im wroking towards all the acheivements and only completed the first 2 zones.

Waiting For:Archeage
    current:Guild Wars 2
    past: EQ, EQ2, Planetside, SWG, Matrix Online, Ultima Online, WoW, CoH/CoV, Tabula Rasa, Pirates of the Burning sea, AoC, Eve Online, Startrek Online.Fallen Earth, Champions Online, SWTOR

• OceanhawkOceanhawk Milford, OHPosts: 27Member
    I finished the main story and uninstalled the game. It was fun for a minor diversion but lacks long term appeal at teh moment. Thee are way too many bugs and issues that we complained about all the way back in Alpha and they still are present. Trion is applying fixes/updates at the speed of the slowest denominator - the Xbox. That means real fixes and updates can't occur any faster than 2-3 weeks. They have a big update coming on the 15th and I might come back to take another look but honestly I'm not holding my breath. The game is what it is and honestly it's not an MMO.
  • OceanhawkOceanhawk Milford, OHPosts: 27Member
    Originally posted by Nephaerius
    What's up with all these 20 hrs of gameplay statements?  Clearly you're playing a different game here.  I'm at 40-50 hrs played (around Ego lvl 360+) and I haven't even touched PvP yet or done any of the time trials (killing or racing) and I haven't completed the Main Quest Line, Episode Missions, or all the Side Missions yet (although I'm nearing the end with quests).  Granted I stop and do most of the public quests I find in the environment (kill the hellbugs, save prisoners, rescue hostages etc etc).  All considred though even if I don't play another minute I feel like I got my $60 worth.

Good for you, glad you feel like you got your money's worth. However for a lot of us we don't feel like we did. I finished the main quest fairly fast at around EGo 350. I was 600 when I uninstalled. So yes I did the main story, almost all the side quests, every race, ran the buggy (crahsed all the time) co-op missions, tried to PvP which is a totally seperate discussion on how badly PvP can be implemented in a game and now I am done. One week into a new MMO and I feel like I have seen everything there is to see, so I feel I'm out my $60. 

I actually pre-paid for the Season pass because it was on sale from Steam and so I guess I will eventually come back to try some of that out but for now $80 into the game and feel like I got taken.

• GrayImpactGrayImpact NetherlandsPosts: 983Member Uncommon

I had free time around release and was able to play the game completely in completely no-life mode the first three days.

I finished the Missions, side quests, and got gold medals on all challenges in that time.

After that for a short while, i was dissapointed that it was "over" but had a lot of fun and with about 35 hours spend, totally thought it was worth box price.

That dissapointment went away though, I'm now going for pursuits/achievements collecting hidden things throughout the game, doing arkfalls and instances, and hunting shops for good deals and I'm having a blast.

I still think the game shouldn't be considered a MMO, I see it as a singleplayer game with optional grouping, people might as well be NPC's as no one ever says a thing, but yes - I definitely enjoy the game, and would recommend it if it looks appealing to you, It has a massive amount of flaws like It's consolified interface, crappy chat, crappy voice chat, and bugs like not being able to join certain instances for day on end, but in the end, I'm having Tons and tons of fun with the game, and assuming these things will be fixed over time, its totally worth it.

• SuperPanekiSuperPaneki New York, NYPosts: 62Member
    I recommend you the game unless you've got eye fatigue. The game is superb.
  • NotoriousXNotoriousX Grande Cache, ABPosts: 192Member Uncommon
    i am loving it! if you like first-thritd person shooter games its a win win, look at it this way, if you buy a game for ps3 or xbox you pay the same money and after 5-10 hours its done, you finished it, this one you can buy it in almost any platform and its a MMOTPS with 3x and even more the hours into it ( i dont know the exact hours yet cause i barely scratched the surface and i am 250 EGO ) , for me though that i have to put 50$ every 3rd day in gas form my job, spending 60 once and its free after that was a no brainer

Tormented echoes of a fallen Eden
    I longed for her beauty
    Yet from dust, she returned
    The dream, an enigma.... silent

• nickster29nickster29 Holmen, WIPosts: 486Member

I would actually say I enjoy this game more now than I did at launch, just becuase I now understand the weapon system enough to see the possibilities of different loadouts.

Shooting things in the head with a sniper never tends to get old either, I love it.

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Webster, MAPosts: 4,813Member
    Originally posted by nickster29

I would actually say I enjoy this game more now than I did at launch, just becuase I now understand the weapon system enough to see the possibilities of different loadouts.

Shooting things in the head with a sniper never tends to get old either, I love it.

Especially the miners since their heads tend to explode. 

13»