Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Not worth it. NOT!

erikk3189erikk3189 Member Posts: 306

Before this game went live I had come here to read players reveiws from those at it's beta. I should of listened and I didn't.

I read so many bad reviews about so many things wrong with this game but I figured since it's beta, they'll most likely fix them before going live. I was wrong. The game is in shambles. Very little works correctly.

There's no chat between players whatsoever. I was going to make a list of some of the things wrong and not working but it would take too long, not to mention, I just don't care enough to do so.

I should of listen to many of your posts. I would of saved money and troubles.

That'll teach me!

Comments

• Instigator-JonesInstigator-Jones Member UncommonPosts: 530
    Originally posted by erikk3189

Before this game went live I had come here to read players reveiws from those at it's beta. I should of listened and I didn't.

I read so many bad reviews about so many things wrong with this game but I figured since it's beta, they'll most likely fix them before going live. I was wrong. The game is in shambles. Very little works correctly.

There's no chat between players whatsoever. I was going to make a list of some of the things wrong and not working but it would take too long, not to mention, I just don't care enough to do so.

That'll teach me!

Why the kneejerk reaction? OH! never mind, that's what we do here, silly me.

Seriously, do ya think that maybe they'll have a patch, or shockingly have two patches that might just fix some of those little concerns of yours? No? Pessimist much?

• blix2006blix2006 Member UncommonPosts: 414
    though im not going to be as trolly as this guy i agree the game is pretty terrible.i love trion and i am trying very very hard to enjoy it.but there is o veriaty at all in pretty much every aspect of the game...4 skills.pretty much 4 enemy types.3 different "dynamic"events.im still going to try it a bit more and see if it gets better.i find it hard to believe they spent 5 years on the content in game as it is.
  • slickbizzleslickbizzle Member Posts: 464

The title is leading me to believe it IS worth it.

Now, I must have it.

• LivnthedreamLivnthedream Member Posts: 555
    Originally posted by Instigator-Jones

Seriously, do ya think that maybe they'll have a patch, or shockingly have two patches that might just fix some of those little concerns of yours? No? Pessimist much?

Fix some of the issues, maybe. Anywhere close to all of them, not even close. Trion's track record when it comes to fixing bugs and problems is not exactly good.

• ThornrageThornrage Member UncommonPosts: 659
    I would say there are many who disagree. My friends and I are having fun. We don't nit-pick, we accept it for what it is and like it.

"I don't give a sh*t what other people say. I play what I like and I'll pay to do it too!" - SerialMMOist

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    Originally posted by Instigator-Jones

Before this game went live I had come here to read players reveiws from those at it's beta. I should of listened and I didn't. I read so many bad reviews about so many things wrong with this game but I figured since it's beta, they'll most likely fix them before going live. I was wrong. The game is in shambles. Very little works correctly. There's no chat between players whatsoever. I was going to make a list of some of the things wrong and not working but it would take too long, not to mention, I just don't care enough to do so.   I should of listen to many of your posts. I would of saved money and troubles.   That'll teach me!

They already have the customers' money, there is no need for the devs to hurry with anything at all, and no way to "make" them. I was one of the ones that sounded off about this title not being worth/worthy of full price and I do not believe there is any reason to change that stance. I also do not believe in "miracle patches", often promised, never delivered.
  • BrownAleBrownAle Member Posts: 399

Its really not a bad game, granted chat is kinda messed up since its not in your face and area chat only, not that anyones missing out on mmo chat these days.

Still shocked that there are still people out there who get super emotional over games who jump in blind...taking it personal when the game isnt exactly how they would have made it.. If i was like that i wouldnt even bother with games tbh.

I have a feeling aside from chat, the laundry lists of things wrong with the game are going to be cries for more like an everquest clone.

Dont play this game if you dislike the thought of a shooter mmo with a heavy focus on pve.  and stop buying games if your going to act like a 5 year old if its not exactly how you want it...or if you burn through hundreds of hours of content in a few days then cry how theres no content in the game, despite you probably skipped 90% of it...go play the free games or find a new hobby ffs.

• SuperDonkSuperDonk Member UncommonPosts: 759

I have had more fun playing Defiance than I have playing GW2, SimCity, and D3 (I know I'm a sucker for punishment)

They all cost about the same at release so for me it is worth it. It is not a long-term game, but there is no sub so who cares.

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759
    Originally posted by blix2006
    though im not going to be as trolly as this guy i agree the game is pretty terrible.i love trion and i am trying very very hard to enjoy it.but there is o veriaty at all in pretty much every aspect of the game...4 skills.pretty much 4 enemy types.3 different "dynamic"events.im still going to try it a bit more and see if it gets better.i find it hard to believe they spent 5 years on the content in game as it is.

They didnt spend 5 years on just what is there now. They already have planned / created content that they will continue releasing over time after the show starts. What we're playing now is bsically the prologue. Most of the content as far as main story and side missions can easily be done with just a few hundred EGO rating. The max for Season 1 is 5000. More content will be coming out to fill that gap to 5000 in time.

Pretty much everyone who knew anything about the game was aware of this sort of release schedule.

It's like reading the prologue of a book, maybe the 1st couple of chapters, then claiming you read the entire book.

As far as only 4 skills. Well it is a shooter, not an RPG. Should probably actually be glad theres even 4. They could have just given us guns and told us to go shoot stuff like in most shooters and not given us the ability to do things like stealth. I would assume that, if not in Season 1, they will likely expand on the skill system in Season 2 along with expanding other things like new EGO cap, new weapon types, etc.

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

That'll teach me!

Yes, chat sucks, but I haven't found a single thing that isn't working. You probably should make a list, because I have no idea what you are talking about.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• Yavin_PrimeYavin_Prime Member Posts: 233

That'll teach me!

I just got the game for PS3 and honestly I'm loving it. It's the best of Rift + Borderlands. If you look at it like that and less like a traditional PC mmorpg then you'll find a lot right about this game. I know that Trion will be adding a lot to the game as it progresses over time so I'm enjoying it. Honestly I've been waiting for a decent console MMORPG and I'm happy to say Defiance fits the bill nicely. However the sad part is that the game came during the last year of the PS3/Xbox 360 era. I just hope that they transfer the ability to play on our PS4/Xbox 720s when those come out becuase MMOs are supposed to last years not a year.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Nothing says a good reason like listing one thing and putting 'so many things wrong the list isn't worth putting up'. Bravo on presenting one small point why its flawed and absolutely 0 to back it up. I give your post a 1/10 in being informative, just because you did mention the chat thing which I guess is something. 

• BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039

It is really sad that you guys had to attack him even though all he did was talk about the game. Granted he didn't give a laundry list of things he disliked but did he really deserved to be ridiculed for his grammar for instance?

Why do you guys act as if someone insulted your mother everytime some dude tries to give negative opinion about the game?

• FugglierFugglier Member Posts: 25

Attacking people is also what they do here. If you want a fun minigame, go through some posts and count how many replies before someone starts attacking someone else. You will never make it off the first page. 

"..........Lulz......try to IP ban me if you want, hasn't worked yet. I am still here. I have always been here.........."

• mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356
    Game is fine. L2P
  • BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546
    The only thing this game isn't worthy of is a sub fee. And waddaya know, it doesn't have one!
  • VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

I haven't bought Defiance, but I am not sure who goes into an action game and expects much chat... It's pretty much demanded that you have voice coms in anything fast paced. The OP seems naive.

I was in the beta of a slower more traditonal MMORPG this weekend and the chat was busy, friendly, and fun...

Maybe the OP is looking at the wrong style of game to fulfill his obvious social needs?

• VincerKadenVincerKaden Member UncommonPosts: 457

I'm having a blast with the game. It's not pretending to be anything it's not. Grab some weapons, jump into a mission, and fire. Some mini-games offer some distractions, and riding around in vehicles is satisfying.

• VarthanderVarthander Member UncommonPosts: 466

That'll teach me!

Doubt so, what you need to learn its to try for yourself and never trust reviews/opinions from the people, Because what looks like bad to you for others may be the total opposite.

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

Wait a minute... the thread title is "Not worth it. NOT!"

Which means the OP is actually saying it *is* worth it?

I am confused.

• ExcessionExcession Member RarePosts: 709
    Originally posted by Vesavius

Wait a minute... the thread title is "Not worth it. NOT!"

Which means the OP is actually saying it *is* worth it?

I am confused.

+1

A creative person is motivated by the desire to achieve, not the desire to beat others.

• mikeoffymikeoffy Member UncommonPosts: 31
    Originally posted by taus01
    Originally posted by asrlohz

That'll teach me!

It's fracking should have for crying out loud. Maybe you should care more about your grammar and spelling than playing games.

The game is a mindless, fun shooter, who cares about chat? I use Mumble/Ventrilo. Who the hell is still using chat these days?

Ragedump.

Did not have breakfast yet. Alright, lemme try that again.

The contraction of should have, should've, does sound a bit like "should of". So this might be beause the OP never read anything of substance, sorry but blogs do not count. In any case this does show a complete failure of the education system which is also not the OPs fault.

Apologies my friend.

I would not be so hard on the op for his grammer. "Did not have breakfast yet. Alright, lemme try that again.'  How about...I have not had my breakfast yet.  Alright, let me try this again. 

Dont be such an ass next time.

• maciopamaciopa Member CommonPosts: 49

If you haven't bought the game yet - do not do it now. Wait a month or two. Let Trion settle all bugs and flaws.

Have you noticed that Trion has the worst customer support ever? They never read your inquiry, replying with "ctr-c" / "ctrl-v" answers. THEY JUST DO NOT CARE!

Have you noticed that they have moved "Badlands drifter" title, which was supposed to be in Deluxe Digital Pack (we paid for it), to Exclusive Pack without granting their customers any compensation in that place?

Are you aware that Trion already HAS your money? And the more ppl rage quit the game the better for them (server stability issues). So they are NOT forced and CANNOT BE forced in any way to keep up the good job? You may NOT vew SciFi/ScyFy movie serie by the same title, but can you prevent your cable-network-tv-provider buying an access to that tv-channel? As you see - we, so called "customers of Trion", are now in a big, dark, damp place called ... Will you fill a law suit against them for 60 Euro? Alone? Have you read a user agreement/service agreement with Trion? Are they obliged to keep servers running? For how long? Have you read "rules of conduct"? Are there any?

This was my first and last pre-order. Thanks to Trion I have learned my hard lesson of NOT trusting the game industry with my money "in front".

The gameplay in Defiance leads to nowhere. You do not need any new weapons - just stick to your starter one and you will be fine.

It is FPS with a very limited MMO functionality. Sth like SWtOR - you can manage a whole contest just by yourself.

• sketocafesketocafe Member UncommonPosts: 950
    Originally posted by mikeoffy
    Originally posted by asrlohz

That'll teach me!

It's fracking should have for crying out loud. Maybe you should care more about your grammar and spelling than playing games.

The game is a mindless, fun shooter, who cares about chat? I use Mumble/Ventrilo. Who the hell is still using chat these days?

Ragedump.

Did not have breakfast yet. Alright, lemme try that again.

The contraction of should have, should've, does sound a bit like "should of". So this might be beause the OP never read anything of substance, sorry but blogs do not count. In any case this does show a complete failure of the education system which is also not the OPs fault.

Apologies my friend.

I would not be so hard on the op for his grammer. "Did not have breakfast yet. Alright, lemme try that again.'  How about...I have not had my breakfast yet.  Alright, let me try this again. 

Dont be such an ass next time.

Nah, it is right to try to stamp this out. Of and have aren't complex words.

• MenzeldinhoMenzeldinho Member Posts: 12

I'm not sure what everyones problem is with Defiance, but i shall say i am having a blast in the game.

Yes it doesn't have your typical MMO community chats ect, but if you are grouping with someone in a mission you can easily converse via microphone, which is probably better for a game of this type.

The game offers a wide range of FUN missions, yes i put fun in capitals because i thought thats what games are meant to be... FUN

If you do not have fun with the game sure give it a miss try something new, but gaming is a hobby to most people and what you want is to have a fun experience, forget all the bs and play the game, and enjoy it as it is a very good game minus all this MMO crap.