Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TES: Most people played it for the awesome single playerness

JimmyYOJimmyYO Member UncommonPosts: 519
What does that say about the future community of this game? Don't think it bodes well at all.

Comments

• tinuelletinuelle Member UncommonPosts: 363
    Originally posted by JimmyYO
    What does that say about the future community of this game? Don't think it bodes well at all.

Obviously people played it for the awesome single playerness...........cause it was a single player game.

Its like saying people will play TESO for awesome multiplayerness and that wont bode well for the next elder scrolls single playergame.

I dont think it bodes for anything besides more of the lore.

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191

Duh that's because that was the only option since it was a single player game maybe? Lol. Another illogical thread.

There Is Always Hope!

• JimmyYOJimmyYO Member UncommonPosts: 519
    Originally posted by keithian

Duh that's because that was the only option since it was a single player game maybe? Lol. Another illogical thread.

Posting insults without even remotely discussing the thread. Some prime examples of what the TESO community will look like. Maybe it's not the thread that's illogical so much as trying to make TES online when it was only played for single player reasons.

Theres few reasons to believe this game will be sucusseful from an online perspective. Not to say it's impossible but I can only imagine the community of this game being absolutely abhorrent. See above^^

• GroovyFlowerGroovyFlower Member Posts: 1,245
    Originally posted by tinuelle

Obviously people played it for the awesome single playerness...........cause it was a single player game.

Its like saying people will play TESO for awesome multiplayerness and that wont bode well for the next elder scrolls single playergame.

I dont think it bodes for anything besides more of the lore.

I won't play it im huge fan of solo elderscroll games and not even tiny bit interested in TESO.

So for me as solo TES player it won't bode well for future.

I serieusly doub in will hurt the solo series they sold over 15+ million copy's of skyrim.

• JimmyYOJimmyYO Member UncommonPosts: 519
    I won't play it im huge fan of solo elderscroll games and not even tiny bit interested in TESO.

So for me as solo TES player it won't bode well for future.

I serieusly doub in will hurt the solo series they sold over 15+ million copy's of skyrim.

Yeah I know when I played The Elder Scroll series I didn't ever wish I was online. Maybe theres a crowd for it but i agree that even if TESO flops hard it will have no effect on future single player versions. That's the good news. The bad news is how terrible TESO's community will likely be as they're all used to relying on/caring about no one.

• Caliburn101Caliburn101 Member Posts: 636
    Originally posted by keithian

Posting insults without even remotely discussing the thread. Some prime examples of what the TESO community will look like. Maybe it's not the thread that's illogical so much as trying to make TES online when it was only played for single player reasons.

Theres few reasons to believe this game will be sucusseful from an online perspective. Not to say it's impossible but I can only imagine the community of this game being absolutely abhorrent. See above^^

Calling your thread illogical is not an insult - it is calling your argument into question - that is all...

If you wish to see real insults - there are any number of colourful threads you can read to see the difference.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

So...which game has a "good" community again?

And speaking of success...is WOW succesful? I seem to remember some single player RTS games of the same name.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED