Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Defiance: Server Woes Acknowledged & DLC Plans

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Defiance Executive Producer Nathan Richardsson has posted another blog article that acknowledges that game servers are still suffering from lag issues (and more) and also lays out some details on forthcoming DLC plans. Most notably, the team is working on XBox cluster issues, PC server crashes, connectivity and patching, and chat/VOIP issues.

The summary is, we have the cavalry out, we’re not giving up till we make this an awesome experience for you and as I mentioned yesterday, figuring out a way to make it up to you. When I find a way to make it all work, I’ll let you know here first. Promise. Besides of course just fixing the damn thing.

I hope I’m not still in your head swearing. That wouldn’t be very nice of me. Especially on a Friday. If it was Thursday, it would probably be fine.

Read the full post on the Defiance site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• BattlerockBattlerock Member CommonPosts: 1,393
    Hold it right there Mr. .... DLC? There is some patchwork that needs taken care of first my friend.

This is fun with groups of 5 to 16, so long as people aren't just standing there.

It's missing to much for even a casual pc gamer but on ps3 its great. For pc gamers though there are other options.

After the shiny new has worn off im going to give this one a C+

Idea is great but its missing to much and the polish I expect in a game.
  • UnleadedRevUnleadedRev Member UncommonPosts: 568

They should just re-design the whole game, because right now its FAIL.

The worsrt AAA MMO to be released ever. Its a shallow game, with a nightmarish UI, broken features, missign features, broken weapon mechanics, non existant social features, it would be a better single player game than an MMO.

Loot sucks, quests are hosed, contracts are hosed, the list goes on and on and on.

Save your money until a year goes by and the game is either re-designed, shut down, or by a miracle is fixed.

Oh BTW, the game is a POOR reflection of the TV series.

• McGamerMcGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,073
    Despite the server issues, the game is not broken and I enjoy playing it as well as not regretting spending money on the preorder.
  • McGamerMcGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,073

I believe most of the whining about the current state of the game comes from console gamers who are not used to MMO-hybrid games, MMO gamers who don't like that same MMO-hybrid, and kiddies in general who don't like a game that doesn't have instant-gratification features.

Overall, Trion should stick to their guns and keep doing the great work they are at fixing the bugs. 

• Squeak69Squeak69 Member UncommonPosts: 959
    Originally posted by UnleadedRev

The worsrt AAA MMO to be released ever. Its a shallow game, with a nightmarish UI, broken features, missign features, broken weapon mechanics, non existant social features, it would be a better single player game than an MMO.

Loot sucks, quests are hosed, contracts are hosed, the list goes on and on and on.

Save your money until a year goes by and the game is either re-designed, shut down, or by a miracle is fixed.

mmm i dont agree with all your points but some are valid.

the main one i wanted to hit on is the worse AAA release ever, no im sorry my friend but that title still gose to the last Final Fantasy MMO release.

F2P may be the way of the future, but ya know they dont make them like they used toimage
    Proper Grammer & spelling are extra, corrections will be LOL at.

• aligada87aligada87 Member UncommonPosts: 234
    there was lots of post bout the games longevity during endgame. yall shouldve read it before paying 60 buks on it. the game is fun but only for a few hrs, and if you're a casual to a harcore pc gamer this game doesnt offer to much content. even firefall at its state right now has way more to offer. i tried both recently to see the diff and i gotta side with firefall. ah well im glad i didnt pay 60 buks on it. i was bout to but i decided to wait and see
  • nolic1nolic1 Member UncommonPosts: 716
    This is some great news and really I can not wait to see whats coming down the way with the DLC an dcontent updates. And unlike most I knew there was going to be alot of ups and downs at launch. The game runs fine on both PS3 and PC and I have no problems with controls or the UI I see so many whinning about in fact the UI is way easy to use with both a keyboard and a controller. Do I think they could add more of course there could be more to the game then what they launched with but thats why I am glade there tying in the TV show with it that means monthly to maybe weekly updates due to the show but we will see so see you all ingame.

Sherman's Gaming

Youtube Content creator for The Elder Scrolls Online

Channel:http://https//www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgYNgpFTRAl4XWz31o2emw

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    To all the haters of haterville...still having fun...well not right now, I'm working, but when I get home and play some more...it'll be fun then lol.
  • MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,362
    Originally posted by Gravarg
    To all the haters of haterville...still having fun...well not right now, I'm working, but when I get home and play some more...it'll be fun then lol.

^This

• MyownGodMyownGod Member UncommonPosts: 205
    I don't know what you guys talking about, I've played/tried any mmo there is, I'm just in love with Defiance. Can't wait for DLC!! more weapons, vehicles and outfits.
  • psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640

I don't know how I feel to be honest, 

I am playing the game a lot, but I am very bored, very lonely..

on top of that it feels like it is just the same old thing over and over and over.. 

other than my ego score going up feel like I really am making no forward progress or achievements.

right now I am decked out in all purple/orange synergy gear so I never feel like I ever find anything better.

• uidCausticuidCaustic Member Posts: 128
    I feel like the odd man out enjoying myself in the game.  Play for a little bit a night, then go back to real life things.  Haven't finished my main quest yet.  Popping people in the face is always fun.  The game is buggy, but it's kept my attention much longer than anything released since EQ2.
  • JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Originally posted by Squeak69

the main one i wanted to hit on is the worse AAA release ever, no im sorry my friend but that title still gose to the last Final Fantasy MMO release.

At least even that game had huge cities as social hub and an actual working chat system. So there was at least social interaction! lol. /shrug

• psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640
    Originally posted by JeroKane
    Originally posted by Squeak69

At least even that game had huge cities as social hub and an actual working chat system. So there was at least social interaction! lol. /shrug

^^^^ THIS!!! 

Kinda think the chat issue is my real problem here.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Holy crap, a time traveler has come to tell us the TV show that currently hasn't come out yet is better! *gasp* Tell me, how is the future like man who has traveled through time? Is the world a better there?

• Squeak69Squeak69 Member UncommonPosts: 959
    Originally posted by Purutzil

Holy crap, a time traveler has come to tell us the TV show that currently hasn't come out yet is better! *gasp* Tell me, how is the future like man who has traveled through time? Is the world a better there?

he must be refering to the 15 min pilot for the seres which by the way is a pilot not the show, the show will prob have better CGI rendering, or so i hope, :p

that aside to be honest i wouldnt be suprised if the show looked better then the game because filming tv with CGI rendering is easyier then game makeing sence you know the show isnt going to be hunting down all the little bugs and thing that the creaters didnt find.

F2P may be the way of the future, but ya know they dont make them like they used toimage
    Proper Grammer & spelling are extra, corrections will be LOL at.

• DJMantissDJMantiss Member Posts: 100

Well, can't say a bunch of us didn't warn you well before hand. Everyone in alpha knew the game was being rushed to meet that dead-line. I warned folks about the repetitive gameplay and lack of any real originality or diversity within the game. Not to mention that everyone does and will look the same, for a Trion game the lack of diversity is pathetic.

So yeah, Trion San Diego is NOT the same as Trion Redwood City and it shows. It dhows in the rush, it shows in the same enemies over and over with slightly different skins/weapons, the glitches, balances and many haven't even gotten to end-game or lack there of.

I still have faith in NorCal Trion, but SoCal Trion has failed.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Lag issues were one of the number one complaints in Beta and they still released it as is.  Does not say much for the developer pushing it out early.

As to customization or the lack there of, shameful for Trion to put there name on this.

• DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994

The game, to me is slightly sad and disappointing. So many possibilites fallen short in the hopes of meeting marketing/release deadlines.

As far as the show,  I watched the 15 minute 'early preview' and while there is hope for it, the landscape CGI shots were surprisingly poor (IMO). I love (well like) any new sci-fi/fantasy shows on TV because there just aren't many good ones that happen but the 1st 15 minutes of Defiance left me feeling concerned that we might have just a slightly better Terra Nova coming down the pike.

Oh well. At least Game of Thrones is back on for Season 3.

• Synns77Synns77 Member Posts: 124

I'm really enjoying the game, yes the chat needs majorly fixing ASAP as at the minute it does feel like a single player and it is at times abit buggy,have had to log in and out a few times for quests to complete. But if Trion get this fixed then I think the game has a very good base to build on.

Ive certainly played far more disappointing releases over the years,can't wait to see how the DLCs link with the show.

• mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626
    Enjoying this game - haters gon hate
  • VincerKadenVincerKaden Member UncommonPosts: 457

Having lots of fun with this game. My wife and I are playing it together, and our styles and weapon choices complement well. We've worked on our tactics with different foes, which has been enjoyable.

There's still some quirks with how grouping works, but either there's been some fixes already, or only we've been lucky since some early strangeness.

The UI needs some help. Some of the stats and attributes could use a little more detail so educated decisions can be made when gearing up. But until then, it's just as good to just equip and test.

Overall, it's a lot of fun, looks great, and runs well. Pretty much the three main ingredients I need.

• aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387

You are wrong, because it is NOT an MMO, and they didn't even advertise it as one.

This one wrong pretty much invalidates your whole arguement.

Wrong.