Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: Free Trial Keys Incoming Next Week!

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

We're going to have thousands of Guild Wars 2 weekend free trial keys that we're going to give away beginning next week.  Keys will grant access to the game for the entire weekend of 4/19 to 4/21.  Players need to only have a free MMORPG.com account to claim a key, and we'll have more specifics on WHEN the keys will be available and when players can download and access the game shortly.

Here are a few details to whet your appetite:

• We'll have the keys later this week. As soon as you have a serial code and make an account, you can log into your account management to download the game client. Our code distribution will begin on April 15th.

• The free trial wil take place from April 19th at 12:01 a.m. PST (3:01 a.m. EST) and run through April 21st at 11:59 p.m. PST (2:59 p.m. EST)

Check back later this week to get your key!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    It will be interesting to see how many keys they will start with and how fast they will go.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Wooh! *spins finger above head in fake enthusiasm* Really though wish they would offer normal free trials for  players so people can test it out more in depth then just a quick rare beta. I know its not usual for B2P games but for an 'mmo' even if its B2P (granted cash shop plays a big part in funding them) it should have players getting a chance to feel the game out more.

None the less its something to do, and Im sure much like how I quickly found I wasn't huge on it rather quickly, there are others who might be able to get enough feel of it to judge the base gameplay. One thing lack of progression does is at least makes it easy to see what its going to play like rather early on minus a few 'talents' which often do little to nothing. 

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965
    Like everyone and their dog doesn't already have copy of the actual game.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by Lobotomist
    Like everyone and their dog doesn't already have copy of the actual game.

I don't

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• bstar666bstar666 Member UncommonPosts: 9
    Originally posted by Purutzil

Really though wish they would offer normal free trials for  players so people can test it out more in depth then just a quick rare beta.

There is no depth in that game. If you play it for a weekend you´ve seen all of it.

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

I'm sure glad we get the negative input because what would a thread like this be with only people saying "great, now I can try it out before spending money on it"

I have at least a couple people that I know would be interested to try without paying first.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• DekahnDekahn Member UncommonPosts: 90
    Tried it and got rid of it, as stated no depth at all. I got all amped up to be greatly let down by this "revolutionary" mmo. which in no way was. To me the game was a joke.
  • NobleNerdNobleNerd Member UncommonPosts: 759
      GW2 is a great game. I look forward to seeing some new blood in game to play alongside. There is much to enjoy to the game. 

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by bstar666

Really though wish they would offer normal free trials for  players so people can test it out more in depth then just a quick rare beta.

There is no depth in that game. If you play it for a weekend you´ve seen all of it.

I dont play as much as i did the first 4-5 months after launch, but i still play here and there and i havent seen all of it. So i dont know what are you talking about.

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    It will be a good occassion for people to play some SAB if they don't want to buy the game =P
  • Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    Originally posted by rojo6934

I dont play as much as i did the first 4-5 months after launch, but i still play here and there and i havent seen all of it. So i dont know what are you talking about.

I think he s saying, it doesn t get any better or really different after a few days played. I tend to agree. Was fun at first, then the tedium starts to hit.

• TinybinaTinybina Member Posts: 2,130

YES!!!! FINALLY I CAN TRY THIS!  

Thank you MMORPG and Guild Wars!

On a side note why are people coming in here giving negative feedback? [mod edit]

People like a few of you make me want to try it even more now.

------------------------------
    You see, every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You spread to an area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.-Mr.Smith

• LeetheLeethe Member UncommonPosts: 893
    I wonder when all the bile on these forums will reach critical mass and implode into one brown, stinking vortex of bitterness?

There is NO miracle patch.

95% of what you see in beta won't change by launch.

Hope is not a stategy.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by Leethe
    I wonder when all the bile on these forums will reach critical mass and implode into one brown, stinking vortex of bitterness?

lol that happened years ago we are just living in the aftermath:)

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529
    Don't get the negative on a free trial thread but whatever. I would like to see a proper trial by Anet though.

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401

Playing since headstart,i have 2 level 80´s characters and i have only discovered 60% of the world...

I haven´t eventouched WvWvW or PvP much yet....soooo there is A LOT to see even after 8 months playing....

Again, it just depends in how you want to play a game.

I´m glad they are finally giving away some free trial keys so more people get to know this amazing game!

See ya all in GW2 :)

imageimageimage

imageimageimage

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713

Where are the "This is a last ditch effort to save the game they have no players, its going under" posts?!?!

People who don't play these games always seem to chime in with "the game is dead" responses.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by jpnz
    Don't get the negative on a free trial thread but whatever. I would like to see a proper trial by Anet though.

i agree - its nice the limited trial is being offered but would be even nicer for an "anytime" 3 day trial

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    Originally posted by Fendel84M

Where are the "This is a last ditch effort to save the game they have no players, its going under" posts?!?!

People who don't play these games always seem to chime in with "the game is dead" responses.

Lol I know, right?  I'm sure a few stragglers will read your reply and will be like, "oh yeh I forgot reply with that...".  Seriously though, I think most of those guys have given up trying to convince the playerbase that all the players in the zones don't actually exist.  That doesn't mean that a few still don't try.  I mean come on now... this IS a GW2 thread.  A GW2 thread without negativity is like a day without sunshine. 

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• ichihaifuichihaifu Member UncommonPosts: 280

I'm rather glad there are no always-available trials. [mod edit]

Also its thanks to the depth of the game our in game community is so nice compared to other mmo's. Narrowminded and kids cant intake it and thus filters away most of the filth - leads to mature and friendly community. No matter who you speak to in the game, they will most of the time answer and if they answer its usually in a friendly manner.

• CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,868
    Awesome! It will be nice to see this already incredibly successful game become more successful! It is quite telling how little they run free trials. They clearly don't need the money as much as some other games ;)
  • AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

[mod edit]

If you jump into the game and just do a few quests, you are grossly limiting this games content. You need to play to learn how much there really is to it.

The depth is as deep as you want to make it.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• tcolombaritcolombari Member Posts: 1
    to dentro :D
  • Azuri21Azuri21 Member UncommonPosts: 15
    I wish I had a free trial back in the day. I could have saved $60 on this medicore game. Funny people go gaga over this game or hate it. Longevity for me was short lived.
  • PaxtoPaxto Member UncommonPosts: 19
    I bought the game maybe 2 months ago. I only played it a few times Still in the newbie phase. The game seems ok just didnt have the time to get into it. I may try to play it later to give it a better try. I do not even remember the server I was on, but I did not see very many lower level players in the zones I was in.