Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

First content update on April 15th?

IsturiIsturi Member Posts: 1,509

With the TV show starting on April 15th is the game goign to have its first content update on April 15th? Which would make sense, also it will be a damn good excuse why the game is on the short side for all those who feel that Defiance is too short. and not worth it.

Well anyways does anyone know for a fact if this is true or not?

Comments

• SupportPlayerMMSupportPlayerMM Member Posts: 310
    They have a large patch coming but have not stated the release of actual content. I'd believe they would but no offical announcement yet.
  • koalakkoalak Member Posts: 75
    yeah am sure there will be new content when show comes out
  • fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

On the patcher there was a note flashed that the first episode mission, which are currently in game, are a prelude to the series premier and to make sure to finish it before April 15th.

If you do the mission(s) and then watch the first 14 minutes preview of the series available online, you'll see how the episode mission ties in with the TV show. (I found the experience to be pretty awesome, because I knew the background of an item, I had interacted with the two characters and I played a role in that background). I won't spoil the details. Some may find it a minor thing, but I really appreciate now how they are tying the game and show together.

Anyway, It's likely that the April 15th update will be to add the next Episode mission into the game so we can play it prior to the following week's episode of the show. I believe the first season is 13 episodes, so we should have at least twelve more of these Episode Missions added over the course of the first season's run.

The Episode Mission was a fair bit shorter than the normal Story Mission in the game, but I thought it was at least as well done and it was a multi-part affair. I'd guess that if the keep it up, the first season's Episode Mission story content could double or triple the overall story content in the game. So, yeah, we do have something to look forward to.

I have no idea how long the hiatus between season one and season two will be. I know Syfy has already approved Season two and it's already in production. We can pnly hope the gap is more inline with series like Warehouse 13 and Eureka, rather than Battlestar Galactica, which had delays of over a year between some of it's seasons and way to long a gap in the middle of split seasons.

My guess is that the DLCs will start rolling out after Season One, to keep players interested while waiting for Season Two.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• fallenlordsfallenlords Member UncommonPosts: 683
    Where do the current episode missions end, what region?  I think I have completed them is there a way to check?
  • DSWBeefDSWBeef Member UncommonPosts: 789
    I really hope that we get fast updates ala rift with Defiance. As a major event happens in the show even if its one episode we will get a update the next day in game that reflects that event. I hope we get the first new sets of episodes on the 15th. Cant wait for the show.

Playing: FFXIV, DnL, and World of Warships
    Waiting on: Ashes of Creation

• ReaperUkReaperUk Member UncommonPosts: 759
    Originally posted by fallenlords
    Where do the current episode missions end, what region?  I think I have completed them is there a way to check?

If someone stole something from you, that's the end of it for now.

• ReaperUkReaperUk Member UncommonPosts: 759

I don't know the answer to the main question but this thread:

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?22530-Oveur-Dear-diary-it-s-the-fourth-day-it-s-been-amazing-but-why-do-we-still-have-la

includes some information on the plans for this year:

[Quote] What’s our DLC plan? – I’ve seen a lot of you mention this and this is material for an entire blog post because there is so much I want to talk about. However, let’s be short. There are at least 5 DLCs this year. They all have a free and paid component. We do not want to segregate our playerbase so we always want everybody be able to participate and play with friends. The free part is features and content, the paid part is essentially, say, access to a new playable species with a bundle of stuff with it. The upcoming TV tie-ins aren’t DLCs that cost either. It’s all yours. [/Quote]

• BrownAleBrownAle Member Posts: 399

• fallenlordsfallenlords Member UncommonPosts: 683
    Originally posted by reaperuk
    Originally posted by fallenlords

If someone stole something from you, that's the end of it for now.

Thanking you kindly, yes reached that point. 

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682
    If you have completed the current Episode Mission, you can go watch the first 14 minutes preview of the show on the site and you'll see how it fits in with the series. I found the experience pretty cool. It felt like I existed as part of that reality and had a personal history with the pair of characters and had played a role in the world. It helps if you really paid attention to the story and the objects involved when you played through them...

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    Originally posted by Isturi

With the TV show starting on April 15th is the game goign to have its first content update on April 15th? Which would make sense, also it will be a damn good excuse why the game is on the short side for all those who feel that Defiance is too short. and not worth it.

Well anyways does anyone know for a fact if this is true or not?

Yes, they are releasing a "big patch" on that day.  Aside from hopefully fixing a lot of the client bugs and problems, I believe it is going to add content related to the Nolan mission quests, where you either follow along with the show or otherwise become involved with those circumstances.

I wouldn't expect any massive contend additions, however.  Certainly nothing that's going to add dozens of hours of new stuff or anything.  Instead, we're probably going to get regular weekly updates that steadily add new stuff over time.

You make me like charity

• falconhandfalconhand Member UncommonPosts: 50
    Originally posted by DMKano
    Originally posted by BrownAle
    There will be a content patch on the 15th. It was confirmed in an interview that I can't dig up at the moment.

Is this because the TV show is airing another episode or is it unrelated to the TV show?

lol do my dirty work for me and find this out!

It is related to an event in the show, we have to wait til 15 to find out.

So sad that I not can see the show at the netherlands. Syfy here are not so fast with new series. Maybe they can sell the rights to hbo pretty please ;) Is there at europe even one channel airing the series at the start 15th april?

• IsturiIsturi Member Posts: 1,509
    Originally posted by falconhand
    Originally posted by BrownAle
    There will be a content patch on the 15th. It was confirmed in an interview that I can't dig up at the moment.

Is this because the TV show is airing another episode or is it unrelated to the TV show?

lol do my dirty work for me and find this out!

It is related to an event in the show, we have to wait til 15 to find out.

So sad that I not can see the show at the netherlands. Syfy here are not so fast with new series. Maybe they can sell the rights to hbo pretty please ;) Is there at europe even one channel airing the series at the start 15th april?

I Think with a Hulu prime account you get the show one day after it air.

• falconhandfalconhand Member UncommonPosts: 50

Thanks for the advice, checked it after read your post but sad enough: only inside usa and japan at the moment.

Im not sure how it works or who would know but I am sure there are web sites that prob for a fee will give you Defiance as a streaming video. Im not a expert when it comes to streaming shows I just know about Hulu and I just cant imagine that there is not some web site somewere that provids american TV overseas. Try to google tv for us troops overseas.

I just did that I found this site called Squidoo. Remind you I know nothing about this site so you may want to investigate it first before you join it.