Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DayZ: Huge ARMA2 Mod Brings Back Glory Days

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

According to an announcement from a group called "GamersPlatoon Organization", a new ARMA2 mod has just been released that brings back the 'glory days' surrounding the original release of DayZ. Called DayZ Origins, the mod gives players the chance of finding "Patient Zero" the source of the zombie infection, Rebuild civilization and much more.

The world has gone to hell and you're right in the middle. There is more to life than just surviving, and now you have a purpose. What is this infection that has spread across the globe? Why are the dead walking again? Is there any hope in putting an end to this? There is only one way to find out, grab what supplies you can and get exploring.

Find out more on the DayZ Origins site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• tristanryantristanryan Member Posts: 233

whoooooaaaah! Shut up and take my money! Is this free? Who cares, how much? lol

ANyone want to get into this?? We can start a mmorpg.com township/camp/work together etc. This looks amazing. Anyone played or tested it that can provide any info/opinion? Is it buggy? Will it have hackers like DayZ? So many questions!

• Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    I would love to try this out, went to the site, and it s a jumble. Not sure where to get the mod, lol.
  • tristanryantristanryan Member Posts: 233
    Originally posted by Soki123
    I would love to try this out, went to the site, and it s a jumble. Not sure where to get the mod, lol.

My thoughts exactly. Im now frantically searching for server advice and download location.

Edit; Hey im not sure, but it looks like we can just install this using dayz commander and then only need to find a good server, im not sure yet but i think this is possible

Edit #2; Dayz commander is showing an update option for Dayz origins and 173 servers as well!!!!

Edit #3 b/c i can; Holy shit real consequences for bandits? Real reasons to group up and make a team and you can even have electronic locks on your garage WHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT im almost drooling. ok im done.

• Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    Anyone know if it s compatible with just the base arma2 game or will I need the combined. I only have the base game, have been waiting for dayz standalone.
  • DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974

This is blowing my mind right now, downloading and ognna play XD

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    Originally posted by tristanryan

whoooooaaaah! Shut up and take my money! Is this free? Who cares, how much? lol

ANyone want to get into this?? We can start a mmorpg.com township/camp/work together etc. This looks amazing. Anyone played or tested it that can provide any info/opinion? Is it buggy? Will it have hackers like DayZ? So many questions!

no it will not have any hackers............................................................

did you buy that?

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Here's a link with more download information: http://www.dayzcommander.com/

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• TalruneTalrune Member Posts: 339
    Yeah use day z commander just remember you need to purchase arma 2 and the expansion the operations one to even use day z then use the dayz commander to go from there the website above linked will walk ya thru the process.