Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why CU should not be funded.

13»

Comments

• belatucadrosbelatucadros Member UncommonPosts: 264
    Originally posted by Dren_Utogi
    I've read 2 people talk about the vision. Can you in defined detail, tell me what that vision, classes, attribute syste,races,class skill system if any, world environments, monster types, monster raid types, is there raids, looting rules.. that is just off the top of my head....

you have to be kidding. Did you just ask monster types and monster raids? Looting?

You literally have never looked into a single thing about this game.

It's one thing to troll, but at least try and be subtle about it. THat's the art.

The rest of it, no, hasn't been revealed yet - but I can't say I have ever picked an MMO based on a specific race or class. They are vitally important, yes - but the specfics matter from a balance POV, not a general interest POV.

• BowbowDAoCBowbowDAoC Member UncommonPosts: 472

SO when we asked over 20 times throughtout this forum about the "Vision" and no one can give us any defined path for the game, WE are the Trolling ?

www.camelotunchained.com

you can write, can you read ?

Bowbow (kob hunter) Infecto (kob cave shammy) and Thurka (troll warrior) on Merlin/Midgard DAoC
    Thurka on WAR

• DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030
    Originally posted by Hjamnr
    Originally posted by Wazluk

It's seems more haters flood into MMORPG's CU section to just hate on the game instead of asking questions or seeking answer.   Most just jump to borderling "trolling".  People here are more than willing to share info.  Yes, some are already in "rabid" fanboi mode(but EVERY game has those).  Most of us are trying to give this game a chance, in order to have a chance it will need to fund.  Whatever MMO/game you are looking forward to or currently playing I hope it does well and you enjoy it.  No need to come piss in my cherrios...

It's not even borderline, lately.

You guys seem to not understand what these forums are.Is it a CU forum...yes,but it's not a CU fan forum. It's purpose is discussion of CU and expressing opinions on it and that means negative as well as positive.Lik any forum here you are gonna get both and the amount of either is going to ebb and flow at different times.

You are free to disagee with said negative opinion and argue ag aignst it,but you can't tell people they aren't allowed to post in here coz it's a CU forum.Well technically you can but no one will or should listen.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Pixel_JockeyPixel_Jockey Member Posts: 165
    I seriously cannot find a definative answer, do they have any code written for this game or is it all on paper?
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Karteli

There is alpha footage from a MJ interview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=eH4Gwxg4AV8#t=90s

It's shaping up nicely.  Textures in the final build will be low on purpose (as said in the interview) to allow for more players on screen.  Graphics don't make for a great game alone though, as evidence by the gameplay.

This maybe kind of a stretch old friend ;)

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • HjamnrHjamnr Member Posts: 163

my thread set out to define why , in my opinion with a few facts, this CU should not be funded, and then the name calling, pareonizing "big boy" "hello kitty" ect came in and someone made fun of Richard Garriots hair ?

IS that the vision ? Make fun of people online ? Or to derail concerns because in your mind every one has a heart of gold and someone who SOLD MYTHIC to EA would never do it again.

No, your thread set out to troll these forums, which it did a fine job of.  Don't try to come off all "high and innocent".

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

-Opinion  *Fact

*No working pre-alpha.

-No clear decisive path on what the game is.

-The said cycle of time they expect people to wait.

-Team is to small amd makes the entire thing scetchy .

-Why not just create a new studio the right way.

-Double dipping from donations and later box sales.

-What has Mark Jacobs really done, but bash EA and say other games are broken

*First game in 1980's cost 40dollars to play

-Why a small team, when everyone knows the mechanics of a game like this will take over 20 people to get done by the extimated finish schedule.

-To feed of jaded and nestalgic gamers is really tacky,

*Mark JAcobs is no Richard Garriott.

This my opinion and soley my opinion.

i dont think you got the idea behind "funding".

imo it's to give them enough time to make the game they want, and not some publisher.

it should not be funded because he is not richard garriot?

then lord brittish should not be funded because he is not mark jacobs?

seriously. this ain't no discussion, you are venting.

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• WazlukWazluk Member Posts: 159

It's seems more haters flood into MMORPG's CU section to just hate on the game instead of asking questions or seeking answer.   Most just jump to borderling "trolling".  People here are more than willing to share info.  Yes, some are already in "rabid" fanboi mode(but EVERY game has those).  Most of us are trying to give this game a chance, in order to have a chance it will need to fund.  Whatever MMO/game you are looking forward to or currently playing I hope it does well and you enjoy it.  No need to come piss in my cherrios...

SO when we asked over 20 times throughtout this forum about the "Vision" and no one can give us any defined path for the game, WE are the Trolling ?

THat is some brilliant forum manipulation, and a tatic seen many times when posting about EA games...

/holds hand

Do you feel better now?

There are a lot of "Vision" links listed.  If you need us all to click on it with you and read  them all out loud let us know... 

And you didn't start off asking questions the thread, you started off on the offensive without knowing much about the game.

Terminus
    Legend Gaming Website | Join Us!
    Wazluk - Legionnaire of Terminus
    Draken Stalker
  • BowbowDAoCBowbowDAoC Member UncommonPosts: 472
    Originally posted by BowbowDAoC

my thread set out to define why , in my opinion ...

*snips

Who says we're interested in an opinion from someone who dont believe in CU ?

You keep posting...tells me I'm making sense.

lol, well you are not, i'm trying to make you understand that :) guess its a waste of time

Bowbow (kob hunter) Infecto (kob cave shammy) and Thurka (troll warrior) on Merlin/Midgard DAoC
    Thurka on WAR

• Squeak69Squeak69 Member UncommonPosts: 959
    Originally posted by Drakynn

You guys seem to not understand what these forums are.Is it a CU forum...yes,but it's not a CU fan forum. It's purpose is discussion of CU and expressing opinions on it and that means negative as well as positive.Lik any forum here you are gonna get both and the amount of either is going to ebb and flow at different times.

You are free to disagee with said negative opinion and argue ag aignst it,but you can't tell people they aren't allowed to post in here coz it's a CU forum.Well technically you can but no one will or should listen.

also what do you expect there is a new thread made about this game consatnly a few a hour damn near., most are fans lavishing how great a game it is and that only fools wont join the kickstarter, get over it people are going to discuss this back and forth

and your attack the jugular style response to people who dont agree with you fuels the fire more, maybe you should try giveing civil response, instead of the generic they are idiots and shouldnt be posting here response.

F2P may be the way of the future, but ya know they dont make them like they used toimage
    Proper Grammer & spelling are extra, corrections will be LOL at.

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

http://camelotunchained.com/en/category/foundationalprinciple/?orderby=date&order=asc

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained/posts

Read them all, and all of the comments sections.

The problem is I have. Its full of crap like this... 

Over the last few days I’ve seen comments and received emails that urge/beg/yell at me to put in PvE, to simply try to clone Dark Age of Camelot’s look/gameplay and not try to be different or better. I’ve even received a couple of emails suggesting I’m simply too stupid to understand that. Well, that’s not going to happen.

and then of course he has said this...

"@Verla - Materials for crafting will be found all over the world and NPCs like animals. Got to get leather, scale. etc. from somewhere. :)"

Who is right? MJ keeps giving these conflicting vauge statements and  you guys running around spaming "Pledge Now!" can't even come to an agreement on your interpretations of them. 

Something as simple as "Is the game going to have PvE or not"  results in several threads having hundreds of posts with everyone having conflicting views because the information is scarce and what is available is so vauge. 

• HjamnrHjamnr Member Posts: 163
    Originally posted by Squeak69
    Originally posted by Drakynn

also what do you expect there is a new thread made about this game consatnly a few a hour damn near., most are fans lavishing how great a game it is and that only fools wont join the kickstarter, get over it people are going to discuss this back and forth

and your attack the jugular style response to people who dont agree with you fuels the fire more, maybe you should try giveing civil response, instead of the generic they are idiots and shouldnt be posting here response.

Responses are returned in the form they are requested.

If a post is reasonable and asks questions, they are responded to, in kind.  If they are hostile and aggressive, they recieve the same.

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912

This is your third thread in several days in two forums on this general subject.

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/381591/Show-something-that-deserves-funded.html This one was locked for the way it was presented.

Sharing an opinion is fine, but this is an ongoing pattern

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.