Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

One character - all classes

13»

Comments

• Br3akingDawnBr3akingDawn a City, CAPosts: 1,357Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Thorkune
    Does anyone have any information on how the old accounts work now? I had a collector's edition account prior to the reboot.

I am curious myself because If i have to rebuy FFXIV for ARR then I might rebuy it, seeing how it is very quest base lvling at least for the first job/class. And also I dont like my original sign-in account name i made, wish it was just base on email!!!. If we  could use the old FFXIV registration code then great, then i can make a new account. But if not.. idk, well see.

• nbtscannbtscan Phoenix, AZPosts: 781Member Uncommon
    Does anyone have any information on how the old accounts work now? I had a collector's edition account prior to the reboot.

It's been confirmed that unused buddy passes can be registered.  My assumption is that means unused main install codes should work too.

They've also mentioned giving CE accounts a new redeemable item code.

• redcloud16redcloud16 Seattle, WAPosts: 222Member

Originally posted by Epic1oots

I am curious myself because If i have to rebuy FFXIV for ARR then I might rebuy it, seeing how it is very quest base lvling at least for the first job/class. And also I dont like my original sign-in account name i made, wish it was just base on email!!!. If we  could use the old FFXIV registration code then great, then i can make a new account. But if not.. idk, well see.

If you bought the original game and had a service account, you will get a free download of ARR and free 30 days game time. As well as having your version 1.0 characters carried over (and a one time free recustomization). 

It was mentioned in the last Live Letter that they are considering offering some sort of incentive to people who bought the original CE (but they did not go into any specifics), and they also mentioned they were going to have a new CE. 

*Keep in mind that if you wish to play on PS3 with the same account, you will need to buy a copy for the PS3 version (PS3 and PC play together)

• ShortspellShortspell Leighton BuzzardPosts: 71Member
    Originally posted by Yaevindusk

Each job has it's own unique Artifact armor, in addition to the various armors within the game available through dungeons, boss fights, NPCS, the auction house, questing, levequests, Grand Company Seals and of course crafting.  Pretty much only Artifact armor is exclusive to jobs.  If your class is able to wear plate, it should be able to wear any type of plate.  You are also able to wear specific crafting gear that may look like fancy cloth and the like.  In the past you were able to pretty much wear any type of armor, even if you were the right level for it.  It just wouldn't be very effective since you didn't specialize in it.  I can't remember if that changed or not by 1.23, but I think it did start to restrict level and armor type with the new items that were introduced thenceforth.

Do you have to have a different set of armour for every class/job you change to?  How would that work with bag space etc? 

• RalstlinRalstlin Las PalmasPosts: 234Member
    Originally posted by Shortspell

Do you have to have a different set of armour for every class/job you change to?  How would that work with bag space etc? 

New client will have a system called: Armoury Board

This system work as predefined gear sets, and because you change your class changing your weapon, this work too to change your class. So in the end, you only have to choose your gear set, and u will change your class and all your gear.

• redcloud16redcloud16 Seattle, WAPosts: 222Member
    Originally posted by Shortspell

In version 1.0 you had to carry around your gear which was a pain, but IN believe in version 2 they said that you can have gear sets, that when equipped and saved into a set it doesn't take inventory space anymore. or something. 

As the poster above me said, the Armory Board

• RaxeonRaxeon cedar falls, IAPosts: 2,090Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Alders

This should be a standard feature in MMO's moving forward.  I cannot fathom why no one else does it.

The ability to level alts is still there for people that enjoy that.  For me, i hate alts with a passion.  I liked that my name meant something in XI and the ability to level every class on one name only helped that.

cause they have to come up with other ways to level that 1 character after they run out of quest but oyu know there all about the same quest grind for every character ><

• ThupliThupli Spokane, WAPosts: 587Member Uncommon

IDK what you guys are talking about.

Even in 11, although you had 1 main, you still had to level every Job.  I dont see a time difference.

What I did love was the combos via subjobs that you could do.  Otherwise, I dont see the point.

13»