Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So this is some awful joke right?

Comments

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by Nadia

dont buy it

Sold! Or, yeah, not sold, I guess.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by Z3R01
    Originally posted by Yamota
    It's sad to see all these great IPs who I grew up with turn into these trash MMOs. Lord of the Rings, DC, Conan, Warhammer and now Marvel. What a waste of such awesome IPs...

Its not really a mmo...

Its Marvel Ultimate Alliance with a few large scale (optional) co-op zones.

People in this thread crying about the price of founders packs are silly... we can play through the game and find every hero and costumes as drops.

this ^^^

ANd MUA is probably a much better game than most MMOs.

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Originally posted by nariusseldon
    Originally posted by Z3R01
    It's sad to see all these great IPs who I grew up with turn into these trash MMOs. Lord of the Rings, DC, Conan, Warhammer and now Marvel. What a waste of such awesome IPs...

Its not really a mmo...

Its Marvel Ultimate Alliance with a few large scale (optional) co-op zones.

People in this thread crying about the price of founders packs are silly... we can play through the game and find every hero and costumes as drops.

this ^^^

ANd MUA is probably a much better game than most MMOs.

I don't think this will be a fun game for me, most new releases are focussing on the massively and virtual world side of things, they would have done better to follow this trend

Originally posted by Sky427

I quit DC universe only because of the lack of content at release. 

And they really expect me to dish out money for this?

lol, its been a few years I wonder how Sony has been holding up.

hmm .. they don't .. it is a F2P game. They expect most players don't pay .. except a few whales.

Originally posted by RefMinor

I don't think this will be a fun game for me, most new releases are focussing on the massively and virtual world side of things, they would have done better to follow this trend

Sure. Then don't play it. Why are you following it here if that is not your kind of game? You don't see me posting in Darkfall forums, do you?

And i think this will be a very fun game for me. Hopefully it is basically MUA with more content, more heroes, and F2P.

• EleonelEleonel Member Posts: 15

Ref, what you want is a full blown out mmo. You're not gonna get all those features from this game man, maybe raiding and pvp but I  wouldn't expect that till a few months after the game is released if they even decide to do that.

You're not gonna get 6 crafting professions and in depth character customization so I would just make peace with that. If you can't then I wouldn't post on how much you don't think this game is for you months before it's released. You've posted that more than once already and it does get annoying when people join message boards to bring negativity. I'm not trying to diss you, just saying. 

Originally posted by Eleonel

Ref, what you want is a full blown out mmo. You're not gonna get all those features from this game man, maybe raiding and pvp but I  wouldn't expect that till a few months after the game is released if they even decide to do that.

You're not gonna get 6 crafting professions and in depth character customization so I would just make peace with that. If you can't then I wouldn't post on how much you don't think this game is for you months before it's released. You've posted that more than once already and it does get annoying when people join message boards to bring negativity. I'm not trying to diss you, just saying. 

To be honest, i think going full MMO (i.e. raiding & pvp) may be a mistake. I would like to see they focus on comic book story missions, and small group content.

When is the last time 25 super heroes go to fight a big battle? It is more like 5-6 on a mission. And i would hate to see guild leaders optimizing the fights and insist everyone should use wolverine for a particular boss.

• EleonelEleonel Member Posts: 15

You make a valid point N, I don't like when other players start demanding you play one character for a raid because it pulls higher damage. Game starts becoming a game of number crunching instead of fun which is what games are made for. 

I'm not expecting that kind of content to be there at launch but if done right it can be fun and something that hasn't been done before in this kind of game. Hopefuly the characters will be balanced enough to avoid people from expecting you to play one in particular.

I don't think they'll add raids but they'll add content end game where it requires you to team up with 4 people or more. David said in a video that the content will scale according to the number of people in your group which is super awesome.

Then hinted that he will possibly make the set limit to 5, but they could change that number if they wanted to 10 or 25 if need be.  I think it should never go over 10 really lol I don't want 2 Human Torches in my instance!

But yeah, a group of 4 players or more should be required to fight heavy hitters like Apocalypse or Thanos. I think they should encourage teaming up with end game instances. I'd like to be able to solo everything except those big final bosses.

More of a team oriented progression would be nice instead of being able to go in there and farm Doom in a couple minutes.

I think it is a good start with small group content like 4 or 5. After all that is what D2 was doing, and David should be a master of that type of game balance.

The key is that you can easily be placed in a 4-5 people game by the click of a button with minimal planning and commitment. Larger raids usually means schedule, planning and commitment that is not very conducive to immediate fun. I quit WOW raiding precisely because it feels more like work, than play.

I also think that super heroes are much more in context in small groups than large battles.

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988

LOTRO and AoC trash?  Ratings here, Metacrtic, Gamespot and PC Gamer to name a few disagree.

Originally posted by MMOGamer71

LOTRO and AoC trash?  Ratings here, Metacrtic, Gamespot and PC Gamer to name a few disagree.

Plus, MH is pretty much a ARPG. It would be good if they make MH into a great ARPG .. i wouldn't really care if it is not a proper MMO.

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556

And SWTOR got 9s and 10s across the board.

Both LotRO and AoC are lifeless, dumbed down, derivative WoW clones, only fit to entertain toddlers and simpletons.

They aren't even good themeparks. They fail in every aspect of what a fun game should be.

• onlinenow25onlinenow25 Member UncommonPosts: 305
    Originally posted by snapfusion
    Originally posted by Thane

"Marvel Heroes is a FREE-TO-PLAY action-packed massively multiplayer online game"

seriously, which part of "FOUNDER PROGRAM" you didnt get?

ohnoez! someone actually wanna get payed for his work and is offering a way for FANS WITH MONEY to spend it (which is what they will do, no matter how much you cry)

Yes because if you really want to enjoy yourself playing a F2P its still free to play right?  Hehe hell no.  Unless they are F2P games that started as Pay to Play games that stil offer a sub, tthey will cost you a smal fortune to turn them into someting enjoyable.  Games that ship as F2P from day one are always a trainwreak no exceptions to this rule yet.

So I guess you have never played Path of Exile?

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

You dont have to pay if you dont want to..

From waht little I have played of ti so far, it seems decent enough..

A marvel version of diablo..

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    Originally posted by DavisFlight

And SWTOR got 9s and 10s across the board.

Both LotRO and AoC are lifeless, dumbed down, derivative WoW clones, only fit to entertain toddlers and simpletons.

They aren't even good themeparks. They fail in every aspect of what a fun game should be.

You what AOC is probally the best themepark on the market at the moment.. and LotRO is a better game than WoW..

We all ahve different tastes tho.. sure AOC had a bad start but i came back about a year after release and gave it a chance and it turned out to be some fo the most fun I have had in a themepark MMO since everquest.

Originally posted by onlinenow25
    Originally posted by snapfusion

Yes because if you really want to enjoy yourself playing a F2P its still free to play right?  Hehe hell no.  Unless they are F2P games that started as Pay to Play games that stil offer a sub, tthey will cost you a smal fortune to turn them into someting enjoyable.  Games that ship as F2P from day one are always a trainwreak no exceptions to this rule yet.

So I guess you have never played Path of Exile?

PoE, LOL, WOT, Maple Story ... there are tons of succesful F2P games.

Originally posted by Caldrin

You dont have to pay if you dont want to..

From waht little I have played of ti so far, it seems decent enough..

A marvel version of diablo..

I have played it over the weekend. The game still needs polish although i can see some promise. But you wouldn't a game with no problems during beta. Whether i will pay money or not depends on whether some of the stuff is fixed/improved.

However, i will definitely play since it is F2P.

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    I can play for free, tokens drop that unlock other heros for free.  As far as FREE goes, this model is pretty good.  I do feel bad for the guys who purchased the $200 package.  The $60 package comes with the same amount of in-game cash and other than extra heros you dont want, I dont see any value in the $200 package. 
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• NiquityNiquity Member UncommonPosts: 30

Post like this should be deleted! This post is MMOPRG's fault..... Cant be too hard i guess there are a lot of short minded people on the internet

1. DC Universe is not Marval...

2. Sony did not make Marval heros.... The lead developer of Diablo 2 / a few co workers of that time perid + some new faces are makeing it with a copaney call Gazillion. Not Sony! The Game is FREE not free but lol wink wink you will lose if you dont take a looka t what i got behind door number 1... its total free and will have 100% the same advantage as someone who dumped $1,000 into the game. I have been playing for a few months myself.

3. Sony makes billions every year in 2011 to 2012 thay made an avrage of 80 Billion EACH year http://www.wikinvest.com/stock/Sony_(SNE)/Data/Revenue/2011

Soney is doing amazing and will long after you and i are dead and gone.

Originally posted by Talonsin
    I can play for free, tokens drop that unlock other heros for free.  As far as FREE goes, this model is pretty good.  I do feel bad for the guys who purchased the $200 package.  The $60 package comes with the same amount of in-game cash and other than extra heros you dont want, I dont see any value in the $200 package. 

They jsut Changed the system back to the original hero system no more Tokens if a hero drops its a set hero. and same gos for the Item shop you buy select hero not a random token heros.  People were mad and Gazillion listen.

Theres no such thing as a free-to-play game that never requires you to ever sink money into it. 

Even if it is free to play there is still no reason to download this game over anything else. 

Half the character costumes look like trash, if they can't even design their own works of art correctly I can only imagine the character customization they can offer.

And your founders program is still shit, The in-game currency they hand you is going to be used to buy content or play the game. So in the end this game is terrible and will burn faster the hidenburg.

Not true. you are lying You will never have to pay for content you will never have to pay to play the game end of story.

Each charactor will have meny costumes that will for the msot part Totaly chance all heros looks They also plan on adding a lot more to each hero becaue thay know this is the best way for them to give the user a larger variety of looks you can also exspect to see most Heros with 20 and more differant costumes and looks pre hero you can also add stats to you costume Via Crafting ( totaly Free and a very RPG hack n slash ) crafting system i.e. fast so you can get back into the action.

Originally posted by Axxar
    Torchlight 2, Diablo 3 and Path of Exile. You can get all of these game and their FULL content for much less than the $200 founder pack for Marvel Heroes. Not just that, but every single character in those games can have a thousand times as many different looks as Marvel Superheroes. Gear you equip actually displays on your character in those games.

you can get the FULL content with MH without spending $1 and you can do it much faster than you could in Diablo 3

my MP 10 farmign Barb still does not have ANYTHING CLOSE to BiS but no one does not you or the best geared people in the word i could dump what $10,000 onto thierd party webpages for 98% BiS items and 500... 1k? 5k or even more than 10K to get close to BIS ( depending on the item)

MH as far as items go could be the same way ( it will not ) becasue well D2..... But as far as everything else i dont know what you saw but you can do 100% of evrythign and jsut as fast as the next guy with founders pack.

Just to give an example (if this is something you or other thinck may happen like in War thunder) you will lvl jsut as fast as a guy that spends $1,000 and can loot just as good gear as that person move jsut as fast and do jsut as much damage there is no advantage to spending money.

as of right now the only reason you would spend money ( real reson other than looks) if i want say ironman and he is not one of the starting heros i can buy him. BUT heros drop all the time i loot about 1 to 2 an hour on avrage. i could buy ironman and loot him on th first kill or maybe i will not loot him until im lvl cap so ill spend money because i am willing to take that risk and make sure i can play him right now. maybe i want to play HULK next but i dont need him now ill lvl Ironman and see if i get lucky and loot hulk ( i probably will) if i dont then i can buy him but iv already looted Hulk twice lol!

Originally posted by Talonsin

This is the same set up as the LoL model, and we know how successful that is.

I like this model. Will definitely play the game for free.

• chaintmchaintm Member UncommonPosts: 953

Don't think so, I looked at this game after the preview in pc gamer. On their own founder editions there is mention of items you "WON'T" be able to get in game, but can in the store. So the matter that all content is availble without cash purchase is just plain out false. It's on their own website , I guess you can pull a Bill Clinton and deny it if that makes you feel better.

I was interested but when the article mentioned free to play I became instantly sceptical, went to the site and even thought about buying in, till I looked further and seen that not all content will be avalible. So while free to play, it will be like League of leagends and the like , you want that (insert item here) you might have to buy it. Meh, not for me, but just pointing it out that many of you are wrong.

"The monster created isn't by the company that makes the game, it's by the fans that make it something it never was"

Originally posted by chaintm

Don't think so, I looked at this game after the preview in pc gamer. On their own founder editions there is mention of items you "WON'T" be able to get in game, but can in the store. So the matter that all content is availble without cash purchase is just plain out false. It's on their own website , I guess you can pull a Bill Clinton and deny it if that makes you feel better.

I was interested but when the article mentioned free to play I became instantly sceptical, went to the site and even thought about buying in, till I looked further and seen that not all content will be avalible. So while free to play, it will be like League of leagends and the like , you want that (insert item here) you might have to buy it. Meh, not for me, but just pointing it out that many of you are wrong.

I don't see a problem with the LoL model. So what if i can't earn all the heroes, or their costumes. They are giving away a large part of the game.

The only question that matters is whether the free part is fun.