Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

$1+ (even if you are on the fence it shows your interest!)

PRX_sklurbPRX_sklurb Member Posts: 167

$1, $5, even the small increments show to Mark that you have some level of interest and are a potential player of the game even if you are not "all in" just yet. Some people have mentioned that they would not put $25-$10,000 toward a game they feel they need to see more info about, yet even if you pledged just $1 for now, you are showing a statistic to Mark Jacobs and team that the interest is there. Mark Jacobs could hit his $2 million goal, but if the number of backers remains low it might be indicative that there might not be enough of an interest level. I don't think that's true personally (that there isn't enough interest), and I base that on some of my personal interactions with the hardcore PvP crowd, my own guild, and forum conversations. In our own guild, we have already backed the game in excess of $8,000+, but we are still seeing people trickle in with a high level of  interest, and even have a few fence-sitters ourselves.

Each individual person who spreads the word to their family, friends, and guildmates and gives some helpful informational links to them is doing a tremendous service to this effort. We have less than a month to communicate to them about Camelot Unchained, and give them the opprtunity to choose whether they would like to back the project.

$1 is not a lot of money even to a doubter. If there is a doubter here, he/she is most likely here because they do have some level of interest in this game. If you have been DYING for a RvR "messiah" game to come along and save you from dumping hundreds or even thousands on the next "new thing" mixed PvE/PvP theme park MMO only to be disappointed over and over again, then a $1 or $5 donation is not a major loss for you if there is the possibility to be planting a seed that could yield the fruit you have been looking for.

Make a pledge today for $1 or $5, if you haven't already, you can always change your mind later if you wish to back with more!

CLICK: »»» http://CamelotUnchained.net «««

Comments

• ArcherBullseyeArcherBullseye Member Posts: 77
    I fully agree.  I have backed $1 per your idea, i am waiting to see how much I can do in the future.

• meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282
    Kickstarter is such a new thing for most players that I don't know if you can draw any conclusions about the market for a game based on how many donations it gets in its Kickstarter. You can say that however many people donated like the concept enough to donate. Beyond that, it's unclear. But sure any donation even $1 gets CU closer to $2 million.

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• ArcherBullseyeArcherBullseye Member Posts: 77
    Originally posted by meddyck
    Kickstarter is such a new thing for most players that I don't know if you can draw any conclusions about the market for a game based on how many donations it gets in its Kickstarter. You can say that however many people donated like the concept enough to donate. Beyond that, it's unclear. But sure any donation even $1 gets CU closer to $2 million.

While that is true; you can estimate a base, right?  If 10,000 people are willing to put money on a idea, I assume you could at least say that is a base.

• Squeak69Squeak69 Member UncommonPosts: 959

F2P may be the way of the future, but ya know they dont make them like they used toimage
    Proper Grammer & spelling are extra, corrections will be LOL at.

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

only 5k backers on only 45% of the way,  however they got 28 more days so there.  If folks want it they will back it, folks need to quit making threads begging for folks to back it. 

• meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282
    Originally posted by erictlewis

only 5k backers on only 45% of the way,  however they got 28 more days so there.  If folks want it they will back it, folks need to quit making threads begging for folks to back it. 

Closer to 6k :p

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• ChuChuTrickChuChuTrick Member UncommonPosts: 27
    I think Sklurb makes a good point, if you've ever been, even in the slightest, interested in CU, it should be worth $1-$5 to you...and 99% of us can afford that.
  • GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

I think thats it for me lol. Many have said over and over that they like the idea behind the game (myself included) but unless they have something to actually show I don't know if I am interested in the game or not. Again, I am interested in the idea just as I am interested in the idea behind Greed Monger that however does not mean I will definitely have interest in the game. 

Now, since I am consistently seeing threads and post on the main feed, banners, getting some trying to spam it in game and being asked to do so by others on these forums I have come to a decision. I'm no longer on the fence. I am officially against the game. I no longer have interest in it and will not fund it. I will advise all that I know in real life and online not to fund it if I am asked. There is simply way to much of this nonsense while we have so little concrete information on the game. 

This simply was the last thread I could take on the matter. Very little actual discussion of the game is going on, it's mostly spam pleading, begging, or simply trying to persuade others to fund the game. 

I apologise if my posts offends anyone, just a bit irritated. 

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • augustgraceaugustgrace Member UncommonPosts: 628

I'll throw in my money when-

a) They can show me a working demo

or

b) MJ thows in his money

• TheJodaTheJoda Member UncommonPosts: 605

No working demo, engine or anything more then some drawings....NO money for me!  To each their own, but not a cent of mine.

Of course MY opinon is to get money have at least a working proof of concept demo of gameplay.

....Being Banned from MMORPG's forums since 2010, for Trolling the Trolls!!!

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646
    Originally posted by augustgrace

or

b) MJ thows in his money

Although not ethical, I suppose he could funnel the remaining necessary funds at the last minute, in order to collect some free money from pledges.

Most of the features would get scrapped because of lack of funds, and the final game isn't very good .. but it keeps him in a high paying job for a few years, as he gets closer to retirement.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• BattlerockBattlerock Member CommonPosts: 1,393
    Here is the thin I about kickstarter. You dont have to pledge if you dont want to. I think some people are rhinking those tgat plesged aree going to get special power, thats just not the case. I at first thought kickstarter was ridiculous but I have changed my perspective. Kickstarter is a win win situation. Devs get funded an I get a game. Doesnt mattwr if I donated or not. Now with that said some believe so much in a game that they want to pledge money. That money benefits everyone mind you. Didnt cost you anything and your getting the reward. Just keep that in mind.
  • Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

In my family we've so far gotten 2 - $110 tiers, 2 - $180 tiers and added money for more founders points as well.

My problem comes when trying to get friends and other family members to back CU, is

#1 They have a hard time backing a project that has no gameplay to show for it.

#2 They loved DAOC Old Frontiers days, and feel MJ and his crew messed the game up after ToA came out.

#3 They cannot forget the bad things with DAOC. Stealthers way overpowered, having to have a buffbot to compete, ToA, New Frontiers, mounts, etc.

#4 They spent money on Collector's Edition for Warhammer and felt totally jipped not only with what came with it, but the game itself. Also felt they were lied to by MJ.

Myself, I'm willing to forgive and forget and give MJ and crew the benefit of the doubt and give them my dough to see if they can make this game what they have invisioned and been talking to us about.

I'm willing to bet MJ can knock another one out of the park for us.

I just don't have family and friends that are willing to do that with kickstarter. They do say however, that if the game funds, and when it comes out, they will likely buy it to try it.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• VymmVymm Member Posts: 112
    Originally posted by Karteli

or

b) MJ thows in his money

Although not ethical, I suppose he could funnel the remaining necessary funds at the last minute, in order to collect some free money from pledges.

Most of the features would get scrapped because of lack of funds, and the final game isn't very good .. but it keeps him in a high paying job for a few years, as he gets closer to retirement.

MJ has pledged 2M of his own cash once the kickstarter is funded.  And he has raised an additional 1M personally ... so it's up to the fans to show they want the game made.  At least that's how he is putting it at this point in time.  I am on board and hope others considering it decide it may be worth a go.

Vymm

• DevilmarioDevilmario Member Posts: 18
    When I heard Mythic I almost threw up in my mouth, no thanks but good luck.
  • UlorikUlorik Member UncommonPosts: 179

To OP

Although I'm desperate to see this game made, I think you are wasting your time posting on this particular forum, because you're either

a) Praying to the convicted

b) just inviting some vitriolic responses from some very strange people on this forum who couldn't care less about a good RvR game, sometimes also called Trolls

Perhaps the better places for posts like this would be fansites / forums concerned with other games like Darkfall, WAR, etc.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    Eh, no thanks. Not really that interesting in the project, to me it sounds as if its feeding more of nostologia then anything, not really feeling anything that sparks a desire for me to back them. Wish them luck but theres plenty of other projects out there that feel as if they offer more creative ideas or design that I'd rather support before them.
  • tinuelletinuelle Member UncommonPosts: 363
    Originally posted by Purutzil
    Eh, no thanks. Not really that interesting in the project, to me it sounds as if its feeding more of nostologia then anything, not really feeling anything that sparks a desire for me to back them. Wish them luck but theres plenty of other projects out there that feel as if they offer more creative ideas or design that I'd rather support before them.

I wish you good luck with the projects you are to support. I hope they will come to realisation.

I for once hope this one comes to realisation.

Originally posted by tinuelle

I wish you good luck with the projects you are to support. I hope they will come to realisation.

What will combat be like? 

What classes will the game have? 

How are they going to balance things like stealth?

Will there be PvE or not? Will PvE simply be considered the doors and what not? Will there be an abundance of PvE that simply yield no loot and such? 

They have a pure crafter class... will these characters be excluded from PvP? They have said RvR is all there is, how do crafters fit into that? 

They have claimed this is the developer thats going to take risks, yet they aren't going to take the risk of investing their own money until they know fans are going to fund it first. How am I to believe them that they are going to take risk?

Will there be a cash shop?

How does the world look? 

Is the game plauged by invisible walls? 

With RvR being all there is to do, will this basically boil down to a rumble in the center of the map? 

How much character customization is there? 

Is this going to be one "Mega Server" or are there going to be multiple servers? How many per server? How many people can be on your screen at one time? 

With this game lacking PvE and pretty much being RvR focused how is it going to be a sandbox? What mechanics and features are they adding to flesh out the sandbox? 

How is itemization and "Leveling" going to affect balance? Will a new player be able to hold their own against long time vets? Is this focused more on player skill or stats and gear?

Besides Mark Jacobs and Andrew Meggs the team doesn't seem like they have worked on much relating to something of this size and scope. With nothing to show, what makes you confident this team is going to deliver the game you want to play? I say the game you want because you couldn't possibly have enough information to know what they intend to or are capable of developing. 

What exactly are you hoping this game will be, what are you basing your hopes on. 

I have looked at as much of the information as I could find, the problem is besides a few core ideas there doesn't seem to be much information out there. All I keep seeing, hearing, and reading is Please fund this game if you like old school games and RvR. 

For all I know I am funding a stick animation game with RvR between Blue stick figures, Green Stick figures, and Black Stick Figures with the possibility of having red stick figures for PvE. 

• Squeak69Squeak69 Member UncommonPosts: 959
    Originally posted by Vymm
    Originally posted by Karteli

or

b) MJ thows in his money

MJ has pledged 2M of his own cash once the kickstarter is funded.  And he has raised an additional 1M personally ... so it's up to the fans to show they want the game made.  At least that's how he is putting it at this point in time.  I am on board and hope others considering it decide it may be worth a go.

Vymm

considering the costs of MMO is in the tens of millions, it sounds like even if this gaem gets funded it still will fall short on funds

F2P may be the way of the future, but ya know they dont make them like they used toimage
    Proper Grammer & spelling are extra, corrections will be LOL at.

• redcappredcapp Member Posts: 722

Personally, I've backed the project because I'm interested to see where it goes.  Never did the kickstarter before and it's kind of fun watching this thing grow from scratch.

That said, I hope CSE is paying attention to the questions raised in these threads.  It seems a lot of people are not content with the lack of information.  There is a lot of time left on the kickstarter; hopefully, CSE will start solidifying some of their concepts and let people know whats on the table here.

• naezgulnaezgul Member Posts: 374
    Originally posted by GrayGhost79

Will there be PvE or not? Will PvE simply be considered the doors and what not? Will there be an abundance of PvE that simply yield no loot and such? 

They have a pure crafter class... will these characters be excluded from PvP? They have said RvR is all there is, how do crafters fit into that? 

They have claimed this is the developer thats going to take risks, yet they aren't going to take the risk of investing their own money until they know fans are going to fund it first. How am I to believe them that they are going to take risk?

How does the world look? 

With RvR being all there is to do, will this basically boil down to a rumble in the center of the map? 

Is this going to be one "Mega Server" or are there going to be multiple servers? How many per server? How many people can be on your screen at one time? 

With this game lacking PvE and pretty much being RvR focused how is it going to be a sandbox? What mechanics and features are they adding to flesh out the sandbox? 

How is itemization and "Leveling" going to affect balance? Will a new player be able to hold their own against long time vets? Is this focused more on player skill or stats and gear?

Besides Mark Jacobs and Andrew Meggs the team doesn't seem like they have worked on much relating to something of this size and scope. With nothing to show, what makes you confident this team is going to deliver the game you want to play? I say the game you want because you couldn't possibly have enough information to know what they intend to or are capable of developing. 

What exactly are you hoping this game will be, what are you basing your hopes on. 

I have looked at as much of the information as I could find, the problem is besides a few core ideas there doesn't seem to be much information out there. All I keep seeing, hearing, and reading is Please fund this game if you like old school games and RvR. 

For all I know I am funding a stick animation game with RvR between Blue stick figures, Green Stick figures, and Black Stick Figures with the possibility of having red stick figures for PvE. 

Do any if the games Kickstarter has funded have specifics about their games ?  Hardly......they all spout their vision...usually based on some nostalgic games of the past....Baldur's Gate, Torment....

• redcappredcapp Member Posts: 722
    Originally posted by naezgul

Do any if the games Kickstarter has funded have specifics about their games ?  Hardly......they all spout their vision...usually based on some nostalgic games of the past....Baldur's Gate, Torment....

Some do, some don't.  Torment is an excellent example of people funding a concept, though.  Alternatively, say, Shroud of the Avatar had a bit more to show during its campaign.

Originally posted by naezgul
    Originally posted by GrayGhost79

How does the world look? 

Shroud of the Avatar had a playable demo that answered a lot of those very questions I asked. Thats mainly because development has already begun and while it was pre alpha it gave me a general idea of what the game will be like. 

I actually pledged to Shroud of the Avatar.

We've seen and heard how housing will work, we've seen and heard how combat will work, we were told about the cash shop a bit, we have a ton of information on Shroud of the Avatar.