Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can I use my old account on steam.

samooryesordsamooryesord Member UncommonPosts: 98
I already have a TSW account from the Beta and I don't want to have to make a new account and lose my benefits. If I buy this on Steam since it's on sale, do I have to make a new account or can I log into my account I already have?

Comments

• OrtwigOrtwig Member UncommonPosts: 1,163
    Originally posted by samooryesord
    I already have a TSW account from the Beta and I don't want to have to make a new account and lose my benefits. If I buy this on Steam since it's on sale, do I have to make a new account or can I log into my account I already have?

I believe you can link your old account to your steam purchase.  You might want to contact TSW Live Chat support to help you with it:

http://www.thesecretworld.com/support

• TorcipTorcip Member UncommonPosts: 669
    Pretty sure if your account is from beta and you never actually activated it then you can use any purchase and link it to your beta account.  Check with support though just to make sure.
  • MahloMahlo Member UncommonPosts: 814
    I downloaded the trial a few weeks back. Just after I finished it TSW went on sale on Steam. I bought it from Steam and then linked my trial account to it so I could continue with my character. I didn't even need to download again from Steam. In fact, although I bought it through Steam I don't actually play it through Steam. So I would think you could link your account ok.
  • Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Right, steam isn't actually involved in creating the accounts for MMOs