Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Didn't take long for these posts to start

cm01cm01 Member Posts: 47

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?24577-I-feel-like-I-have-robbed-by-this-game..-whine-thread.

Same complaints from in testing, those of us in testing knew these posts would arrive soon after release.

is that small map all we get to play with???

I've been playing and enjoying this game, but the lack of content is starting to show...

ark missions are boring, its the same old thing.. over and over again, and they pop up pretty much constantly so the "excitment" soon goes out of it..

Map is tiny.. with greyed out area's meaning, " we put more in the game but.. were going to make you wait and most likley pay to get there "

5000 skill cap from launch, yet there is no where near enough content for you to get that high unless you have litrally no life and like to do the same pointless non rewarding repetative tasks over and over again.

pvp is sub parr, if I wana pvp I'd play a better game tbh thats more skill based and not luck spam based.

there is no sense to progression, ego points barley do anything, new gear is pretty much the same as your old gear, I'm ego 900 atm and still using some weapons I got at start of the game because nothing else I see seems better.

This new content needs to be out now.. and by new content, I dont want like 1 mission tied to the tv show..

agree or disagree, I do not care. I enjoy this game, but its getting pretty old pretty fast for a "skill based mmo"

Comments

• cm01cm01 Member Posts: 47
    Personally i think the real whining will begin once the show releases and people realize the episode missions are not going to suddenly make the game go from boring to fun.
  • VyethVyeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,461

"Hey, you know what type of other MMO would be awesome with rifts???"

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

I got the vibes that content would be small in order to give way for DLC packs.

The cashshop offers bundles of 5 prepaid DLC packs at a time, if that is any indication of the importance of DLC within Defiance.

Not that it's awful or anything, since money needs to be made somewhere.  But having more stuff to do means opening your wallet, if thats your thing.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,455
    Maybe if they didn't play 10 hours a day, every day, then they might not be "running out of content".  I've been playing everyday since it released and I'm only at 250 ego and haven't even come close to the lower part of the map.  I don't know why people try to rush their asses through the content so they can "finish" the game.  It happens all the time in every MMO.  Seriously, f**k those people and their opinions.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• MyriaMyria Member UncommonPosts: 699
    Originally posted by Ginaz
    Maybe if they didn't play 10 hours a day, every day, then they might not be "running out of content".

I've been hearing that every game that has released in the last few years, including (especially) Rift.

It's usually followed by the people saying it looking around a few weeks later and asking where the hell everyone went.

• cm01cm01 Member Posts: 47

I can't take reading the stupidity of some posters any more. Fanbois are still telling everyone to wait for the miracle patch, the same miracle patch they said would happen in beta for the released game, never happened. People need to learn there's no such thing as a miracle patch.

Miracle patch moved forward, expected by fanbois april 15th. They think whatever is going to be added will make it all better.  I'll come back then to see if Trion can what no other game company can, produce a miracle patch.

• EzhaeEzhae Member UncommonPosts: 735

Maybe.. just maybe, those peopel should start to god damn research the games before they buy them? I mean Defiance appeal to pretty defined type of players. Mostly casual, wanting fun arcade-ish shooter action in a MMO setting, with not terrible story and some fun gimmicks. 

Yet reading those comments OP posted I have a feeling people bought the game thinkign it's traditional, 6 years old MMO that has ton of content added over those 6 years just waiting of rthem to burn through so they can complain again? Oh well, they already paid, so jokes on them. Maybe next time they will think before buying something that doesn't interest them at all... Doubt it tho.

• BadOrbBadOrb Member UncommonPosts: 791
    Originally posted by Karteli

The cashshop offers bundles of 5 prepaid DLC packs at a time, if that is any indication of the importance of DLC within Defiance.

Not that it's awful or anything, since money needs to be made somewhere.  But having more stuff to do means opening your wallet, if thats your thing.

Totally untrue , if you read the day 4 sticky on the official site , you will notice that everyone and I mean everyone that bought the game will get content. The DLC's just give you fluff and new species , also the new episodes tied to the tv show will also be free.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?22520-Dear-diary-it-s-the-fourth-day-it-s-been-amazing-but-why-do-we-still-have-lag

I'm only just starting on the game and I find it a fun break from my main MMO.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing , PSO2 SEA launch ongoing , Destiny 360 launch ongoing.
    "SWG was not fun. Let it go buddy." quote from iiNoSkillzii 10/18/13
    The original propoganda pixie dust villain :[]

Originally posted by cm01

I can't take reading the stupidity of some posters any more. Fanbois are still telling everyone to wait for the miracle patch, the same miracle patch they said would happen in beta for the released game, never happened. People need to learn there's no such thing as a miracle patch.

Miracle patch moved forward, expected by fanbois april 15th. They think whatever is going to be added will make it all better.  I'll come back then to see if Trion can what no other game company can, produce a miracle patch.

No ones talking about a miracle patch.  The game hasn't even been out a week yet.  There is a schedule for content that will be released, and it looks like some of it will be released before the end of the month.  The first priority should be to ensure the game is running smoothly before releasing ANY new content.  I know theres issues with the servers and bugs so maybe they should get those ironed out first before worrying about the crying from the content locusts?

BTW, if you do stop playing so you can wait and see if anything new is added, you can come back whenever you want because the game is b2p.

• MyriaMyria Member UncommonPosts: 699
    Originally posted by Ezhae

Maybe.. just maybe, those peopel should start to god damn research the games before they buy them?

To be fair, during Beta a lot was brought up about the lack of drops, progression, and the size of the map (not to mention every bloody single one of the game's many horrendous bugs and poor design decisions having been discussed to death, and ignored, in Alpha). Very carefully worded statements were made that were designed to leave people with the impression that they were only seeing a small part of the game when in fact they were seeing the bulk of it. That is now coming back to bite Trion on the butt.

Add to that the game, by design or accident, has a serious "Borderlands" vibe that's loads of fun at first, until you depressingly quickly discover that it has none of the depth or breadth either Borderlands had -- not that either were particularly deep games, mind -- and you're going to end up with pissed off players.

Blame the customer or not, it won't matter much either way if the population tanks.

• gwei1984gwei1984 Member UncommonPosts: 413
    Maybe if they didn't play 10 hours a day, every day, then they might not be "running out of content".  I've been playing everyday since it released and I'm only at 250 ego and haven't even come close to the lower part of the map.  I don't know why people try to rush their asses through the content so they can "finish" the game.  It happens all the time in every MMO.  Seriously, f**k those people and their opinions.

QFT

Hodor!

• VyethVyeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,461

Ginaz.. Sig stolen thanks..

--------

I skipped this one so far.. It doesn't look like a bad game by any measure and my days in the beta were okay to say the least.. Might take a peak once I determine the value of a certain Darkfall UW launch in the coming days..

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,959
    Originally posted by cm01
    Personally i think the real whining will begin once the show releases and people realize the episode missions are not going to suddenly make the game go from boring to fun.

No suprise, as to what can they realistically add each week after each TV episode?  One - Two story missions with voice overs max!

That's like 30 mins - 1 hour worth of content max.

So they epect people to logon to the game for an hour per week or so and continue to keep interest in this game? /shrug

Worst is this whole multi platform thing!  Each platforms servers are seperated, yet they force the PC users to the same delayed patch cycle console platforms suffer from, due to validation by Microsoft / Sony !

So eventho there are tons of issues, glitches, bugs.... they won't be able to release the first client patch until April 15th!

Next patch after that at least two weeks after the 15th!

This is going to hurt the game (especially PC platform) more than ever.

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646
    Originally posted by BadOrb

Totally untrue , if you read the day 4 sticky on the official site , you will notice that everyone and I mean everyone that bought the game will get content. The DLC's just give you fluff and new species , also the new episodes tied to the tv show will also be free.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?22520-Dear-diary-it-s-the-fourth-day-it-s-been-amazing-but-why-do-we-still-have-lag

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Aye thanks for the link.

Although, having a new playable species is still content.  Rerolling new characters, creating alts.  If you are a SWTOR altaholic (assuming that is still your game of choice) you'll want some new species in Defiance as well to keep you busy.

Other playable races + "a bundle of stuff" was give as an example, not used as a definitive limitation to the "fluff".  New paid-for skills, for instance, still allows friends to play together, and thus would not violate any core manifesto.  But those extras give paying players something new to do never-the-less.

DLC would need to be appealing to make a game sustainable over time.  So I'd expect some pretty big features.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• BrownAleBrownAle Member Posts: 399

The map isnt small though.... not by a long shot.  Perhaps they are in the starting areas?  Even with a fast moving vehicle able to take shortcuts off road the map is huge.  They havent even opend up all of it yet since the TV show hasnt even started.

The main storyline is like a fraction of the game too...if your not interested in side missions, challanges, contracts, pursits, dungeons, pvp, or arkfalls...then well you really just dont want to like the game.

Ive heard of people finishing the storyline around EGO400, cap is 5000...not all the content is even released yet due to the TV tie in and the show not even having aired one episode yet (though they started work on season 2 of it already) Im EGO 350 and about half way down the map, though i stop and do stuff if it looks interesting, i have kinda ignored pvp and challanges though, and have yet to try shadow wars.

If you want to blow through all the prequel content go for it.  If you want to avoid every roadblock and every event, every side mission, every contract mission for faction rep, every dungeon, all the pvp maps, the shadow wars, and all the arkfalls...you can do it.

It makes for an easy argument when your goal is to trash a game TBH

The map being the size that it is, and the content being skippable if you want to do all the storylines first...doesnt detract from the games fun. 

• psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640

Oh just to let you know on drop increases...

I generally get all the loot items dropped at an arkfall and the reason why is because I am killing all of the big spawns around the arkfall. 

Kill a big baddie and generally some loot will spawn at the base of the crystal.

I have also generated loot doing a ton of revives and using the buffing gun during battle to keep everyone shielded.

However standing around, not contributing really doesnt get you much loot.

Oh and a note for the people running things over in your cars, vehical kills do not produce ANY drops.  That means no money, no AMMO, no loot.

So, you really are hindering us fighting more than helping us. 

• AxiosImmortalAxiosImmortal Member UncommonPosts: 645

I've been playing the game quite casually and semi-hardcore some days and I have yet to hit 500 ego

Only flaws I see is the lack of global chat and bad UI.

Overall I enjoy the game, I'm having fun and I already got my moneys worth IMO, if you use Movie Cost/Time Comparisons. Looking forward to continue playing the game on and off!

Looking at: The Repopulation
    Preordering: None
    Playing: Random Games

• SwissToniSwissToni Member UncommonPosts: 11

Agree...and I don't even play the game!

• BadOrbBadOrb Member UncommonPosts: 791
    Originally posted by BadOrb

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Aye thanks for the link.

Although, having a new playable species is still content.  Rerolling new characters, creating alts.  If you are a SWTOR altaholic (assuming that is still your game of choice) you'll want some new species in Defiance as well to keep you busy.

Other playable races + "a bundle of stuff" was give as an example, not used as a definitive limitation to the "fluff".  New paid-for skills, for instance, still allows friends to play together, and thus would not violate any core manifesto.  But those extras give paying players something new to do never-the-less.

DLC would need to be appealing to make a game sustainable over time.  So I'd expect some pretty big features.

No worries , yeah in SWTOR you kind of had to roll alt's as the game ( on one character ) is a little short. Not sure if I am going to roll too many alt's on Defiance but having said that I did buy the 360 version and have just bought the PC one too ( shame the servers are offline lol ).

The 5 DLC packs should have something more than just fluff but after buying two copies of the game I will just play on either 2 characters or maybe 4 , but I hear you can respec for a price so not sure it's worth having a whole bunch of alt's. I'm new to the game so I will just plod along really for now , busy week with RotHC coming out too.

I like the game it has elements of Rainbow 6 , serious sam , doom , carmageddon ( which is great ) and MMO elements to boot.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing , PSO2 SEA launch ongoing , Destiny 360 launch ongoing.
    "SWG was not fun. Let it go buddy." quote from iiNoSkillzii 10/18/13
    The original propoganda pixie dust villain :[]

Originally posted by JeroKane

So eventho there are tons of issues, glitches, bugs.... they won't be able to release the first client patch until April 15th!

A content patch every 2 weeks is going to hurt the game?  I'd say thats pretty good.

• IsturiIsturi Member Posts: 1,509

A content patch every 2 weeks is going to hurt the game?  I'd say thats pretty good.

I think that these people who wish to put down Defiance saying it is to short or not enough on the map or what ever minor compliant they can think of are just your typical look at me I have nothing better to say on the threads so I will say the game is to small and I bet I will get all kinds of reaction.

To those people I can only say that when they go back to whatever MMO they left behing to give Defience a try and when they realize that yes a content patch every 2 weeks not only helps the game but make it more fun. I cant wait until they say "WoW wish my MMO that I left defience for has a content patch every 2 weeks at least I would not have to worry about endgame now."image

• TsumoroTsumoro Member UncommonPosts: 435

The game is good, people just burn through content too quickly. I have seen this behaviour in nearly every MMO I have ever been a part off. It's their own fault really because they don't explore, experiment or even enjoy for the most part the world they are meant to be immersed in. They just have this ungodly race from the get-go where they stay up 48 hours straight, do the main questing and then go 'this sucks, it was too short!'. 

It was never too short, you just did a months worth of potential game by depriving yourself of the functions of any normal human being. Such as eating and sleeping!

But this is not the sole fault, for many people do not want to play MMO's. They say they do, but they don't. They treat the game like a freaking single player game, they just go alone, don't interact with anybody. They just consume and consume, but claim they love MMO's so very much, or that MMO's are dying. They aren't, they really aren't its just they like to play single player games but love the manner of content is delievered on an MMO platform. 

Thankfully, Defiance IS a buy to play game, meaning if you have cleared the content and are bored you can log off and do something else. Considering most people in the high EGO's say in the 900's have already put many hours into the game I would say it was a bargain for money. Considering the two blockbuster games this year Tomb Raider and Bioshock which are ACE games only took me about 8 hours to complete them both. 

just put it in perspective a little bit and try and freaking enjoy yourself :)

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    I have no pity for people complaining about Defiance after the multiple alphas/betas and all the threads on this and other forums about the obvious shortcomings of the game that are (what a surprise) still there at launch, and, that the game is a waste of $60. You were warned.
  • BrownAleBrownAle Member Posts: 399
    Originally posted by Isturi

I think that these people who wish to put down Defiance saying it is to short or not enough on the map or what ever minor compliant they can think of are just your typical look at me I have nothing better to say on the threads so I will say the game is to small and I bet I will get all kinds of reaction.

To those people I can only say that when they go back to whatever MMO they left behing to give Defience a try and when they realize that yes a content patch every 2 weeks not only helps the game but make it more fun. I cant wait until they say "WoW wish my MMO that I left defience for has a content patch every 2 weeks at least I would not have to worry about endgame now."image

Rest assured most of these posters either got into beta simply to gather dirt on the game or havent played it at all.

It was never any secret what this game was suppose to be.  Any game is short if you play it right.  People getting to endgame in wow in what, 72 hours? 

You have the option to skip everything if you want to be low EGO and done with this episodes content.  They will let you do that.  Its certainly optional, and i wouldnt reccomend playing the game like that.  Not sure what person skips 90% of the playable content only to complain on the lack of content...well other than shills i guess.

In all honesty if this site went back to being mmorpg.com and listing only client based mmorpgs you would have less of this confusion.  Again im not sure how it would be confusing when:

this is the google cation for Defiance "

New Open-World Shooter.No Subscription Needed, Order Now!

"

here is the main websites "what is defiance" part, first paragraph:

"Join the futuristic online open-world shooter where thousands of players scour a transformed Earth competing for alien technology. Hunt alone or with others as you improve your skills and level up, unlocking powerful weapons that will help you survive the massive battles that await."

So...all these people dissapointed that the game isnt a mmorpg...are they just dumb? I mean it was super easy to get into beta and find this all out yourself....

Its the same group of people complaining that they want wow style loot and gear progression i guess.  Confused people angry at the developers because the game they made isnt what they wanted, despite making every effort to advertise the game as exactly what it is.

• muthaxmuthax Member UncommonPosts: 703

BTW OP's account was open practically only to troll Defiance, few days ago he started a thread where he told people not to buy it because he wasn't going to buy it... so take what he says with a bit of perspective

"So...all these people dissapointed that the game isnt a mmorpg...are they just dumb? I mean it was super easy to get into beta and find this all out yourself....

Its the same group of people complaining that they want wow style loot and gear progression i guess.  Confused people angry at the developers because the game they made isnt what they wanted, despite making every effort to advertise the game as exactly what it is."

Yep, that's the exact problem, same people EVERY time a new game comes out

BTW  I DON'T play Defiance, just can't stand hysterical trolls

EDIT:I was wrong, and I apologize to OP, he didn't start one thread, he started a FEW inlamatory threads against a game he doesn't play or own...

This discussion has been closed.