Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Preview] Atlantica Online: The Battle Mage & Blade Master Revealed

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Nexon has teamed up with MMORPG.com to bring our readers the first ever look at the two new classes that will arrive with the next content update that will also bring the City of Antillia into the game. Find out more about the Battle Mage and the Blade Master in our exclusive videos and information. Let us know what you think in the comments.

Check out both in our Atlantica Online: The Battle Mage & Blade Master Revealed feature.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• DAOWAceDAOWAce Member UncommonPosts: 432

Would love to go back to Atlantica for a bit, but Nexon NA is (redacted).

Lost access to the game when they transferred the service over because my Nexon account was banned thanks to a friend who was hacking with me in the party (Vindictus). Did they give a damn? Nope.  2 years later and they finally agree to unban my account if I pay them $20.  Have yet to do so..

• simmihisimmihi Member UncommonPosts: 709
    Still waiting for some kind of subscription-based Atlantica, like many of my friends. Wondering why no western developer follows the idea, the game is very fun and addictive. Unfortunately, because of the extremely greedy cash-shop, nothing that they do could bring me back in Atlantica as it is now.
  • LanfeaLanfea Member UncommonPosts: 223
    agree simmihi. there are many people out there who would play a sub-based atlantica, but nexon made their cash-shop so unavoidable that in high level regions players tend to pay at least 50$ per month to see a little bit of progression. normally the term 'pay to win' is used in free to play games if it comes to pvp, but in atlantica you even have to pay to win in pve.
  • Max_StrikerMax_Striker Member UncommonPosts: 263
    It's been quite a while I don't play Atlantica, would like to give it a try again. But I have to agree that the cash-shop is unavoidable and I really hate the system that you by a box for just a small chanve to get what you really want. that really sucks imo. But apart of that it is a very fun game.
  • SyosSyos Member UncommonPosts: 5
    You guys are talking crap, no1 is forcing you to buy cash stuff, and it isnt required ingame, just little easyer game, i can be division 1. with 25lvl lower then maximum and with no use of cash shop, your arguments are invalid.
  • valunvalun Member UncommonPosts: 203
    haha, this guy thinks div 1 makes you frontline

Are you stupid? Do you think i'm gonna waste my life for real life?image
  • RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    Originally posted by DAOWAce

Would love to go back to Atlantica for a bit, but Nexon NA is (redacted).

Lost access to the game when they transferred the service over because my Nexon account was banned thanks to a friend who was hacking with me in the party (Vindictus). Did they give a damn? Nope.  2 years later and they finally agree to unban my account if I pay them $20.  Have yet to do so..

They are making you pay to unban your account when it wasn't even you hacking?! What the hell, I'd tell them to go **** themselves! That is incredibly rude and unproffesional! I hate Nexon too because they have good games but I can't play them because I absolutely abhore their cash-shops. This is one of those companies that I hope dies because even the people with jobs in Nexon don't do a damn thing. That's apparent from the lack of "support" you get from the support team.

In fact, I've actually seen some of their forum moderators arguing with other players and being rude! They have the worst staff.

Smile

• BattlerockBattlerock Member CommonPosts: 1,393
    Well either it is or isnt so which one is it
  • ZoeMcCloskeyZoeMcCloskey Member UncommonPosts: 1,372

They wouldn't bring back my old account so I had to start over.  But it was worth it ovearll, Atlantica is such a fun game.  The main drawback to me is the same one most people state though about the cash shop.  Also once you hit level 95+ it gets slow to advance and as you move up into the 100s it gets downright painful unless you use the cash shop.

Still I will probably have to take a look at the new stuff and would still tell anyone looking for a different flavor of MMO to try out Atlantica.

• Tonin109Tonin109 Member Posts: 201

awesome game but cash shop kills the fun

• DrolkinDrolkin Member UncommonPosts: 246

Amazing game ruined by greedy developers and CEOs, too bad.  

I hope one day someone makes a game like AO but better and without the greed.

Cheers.

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    Originally posted by simmihi
    Still waiting for some kind of subscription-based Atlantica, like many of my friends. Wondering why no western developer follows the idea, the game is very fun and addictive. Unfortunately, because of the extremely greedy cash-shop, nothing that they do could bring me back in Atlantica as it is now.

I loved the game up to about level 60 but then hit the wall......I heard alot of horror stories about the game from 90 on so just decided to stop playing.

• StormsoneStormsone Member UncommonPosts: 83
    If I could I would change it to no cashshop,upgrade the graphics and double the xp gain rate. Then I would play this game. Out of all the MMO  games I have played atlantica online has the best gameplay and design but the worst cashshop. 
  • RaekonRaekon Member UncommonPosts: 531

I started in the first CB of this game, in the second CB they started ruining everything with the stamina system. Tons of people already left.

Third CB  and open beta came and got used to the stamina limitations till we found out that after a certain level, you can't progress without the Item Mall.

They kept selling power more and more in lucky boxes and got really greedy till more people left.

Then they dropped the stamina but the damage was done already.

Most of all since in the meantime they also started making mercenaries Item Mall exclusives, adding even higher stats in the mounts, wings with active/passive skills additionaly making the game even more unbalanced.

I quit in the beginning of 2011 already and only jumped in occassionaly to say hi to the friends I had there (almost none of them there anymore except of 2 - 3).

Ridicoulos prices at the market, ridicoulos item mall, parts of the game heavily dependable on the item mall in PvE, materials for higher level armors that are really needed if you wanna have a chance to progress, still very rare and the unbalance continues now with two overpowered mains introduced.

Not to mention of the cut and paste story both got which is as creative as a brainfart. -.-

The main reason why this game is still alive is its turn based battle nature and because some people that invested tons of money and time can't let go.

Otherwise the game would had been dead a long time ago and the main reason why would be the greediness of its developers that started before even Nexon was a part of it.

Nexon became a part of Atlantica but Atlantica never got better, it's in its same bad state if not worse.

• trancejeremytrancejeremy Member UncommonPosts: 1,222
    That's really the shame of it, there isn't anything like Atlantica. I loved it until 120, even though the cash shop plays (or did) a big role past 95 or so. But after that, the game went downhill.

R.I.P. City of Heroes and my 17 characters there

• GolindaGolinda Member Posts: 1
    I have played and enjoyed AO for over 4 years, spending less than I would have for a monthly subscription. I understand if you don't like cash shop games, but I disagree that the Item Mall ruins AO. I like the fact that I can spend when and if I choose. Mostly I choose not to and I have a level 136 main and several alts that I like just fine. I'm looking forward to trying the new classes.