Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You have to play other B2P (so called) MMOS to appreciate GW2.

Comments

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

GW1, though yeah... bit silly to compare that way. Of the B2P models, GW2 (I feel) has the most Pay 2 Win model out there, just for the fact power is so limited so having that money (which can directly be bought in game) is quite a big advantage.  Its bareable mind you, but its definently one thats on the iffy side for me and with the way its set up with WvW kind of benefiting from buying seige tools, it does feel that way. Yes you can earn it in game, but to me being able to BUY ease is always P2W to a degree, even in games I enjoy like Aion or Tera with just even exp boosts, GW2 just pushes it that much more.

I just can't appreciate its 'model' when it directly offers IN GAME GOLD which has more purpose then ever from other MMos to determining the ability of your character or who will win WvW. Not the worst model but its definently not one I'd inspire others to want to follow.

As for GW2 having more... eh... not really... but hey if you enjoy what it DOES have, theres no real reason to argue against it. Diablo 2 literally had very little to go about doing (repeating acts a dozen times) but I had a place with less content to do and had a blast with it compared to other games I could of played.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by MikeJezZ
    Originally posted by pauly6478
    I would argue that you would have to play GW1 to realize just how bad GW2 is :]

GW1 was probably one of the worst buys I have ever made. Bought the collectors edition, and going from classic MMO's like DAoC and WoW, it was a true dissappointment you had to click to move etc. It was so bad I cannot describe how shitty it was.

GW2 felt great. But I got burned out when I did hit 80, and I never looked back. WvWvW seemed fun but was buggy and you had to run all the time when you died. No fun in that.

TSW was also bad. Bad animations.

I enjoy playing Defiance atm. Will it last? Don't know time will tell. I try not to play the same game too much these days.

i agree on GW1.. sorta liked it when it first launched but lost interest fast.. tried to get back into it for the hall of monuments and couldn't suffer my way through any of it.. just don't care for that one at all

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066

GW1 was probably one of the worst buys I have ever made. Bought the collectors edition, and going from classic MMO's like DAoC and WoW, it was a true dissappointment you had to click to move etc. It was so bad I cannot describe how shitty it was.

GW2 felt great. But I got burned out when I did hit 80, and I never looked back. WvWvW seemed fun but was buggy and you had to run all the time when you died. No fun in that.

I enjoy playing Defiance atm. Will it last? Don't know time will tell. I try not to play the same game too much these days.

No, you could click to move, or use wasd or hold the mouse button.

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• Lovely_LalyLovely_Laly Member UncommonPosts: 734

well, I don't play GW2 anymore as found it very boring after like 400 h of playing.

here people would argue that console game last as long, cost as much. May be, can't tell as never played console games.

GW1 got me for like 10h per day for like 2 years, may be more. I would play even more only some bad updates killed population there, I lost my game mates and quite playing.

TBH I don't even see b2p games, except GW1 and GW2 + secret world (so far I have not bought SW so have no idea), so I can't even guess which game I need to compare with GW2, OP?

so far my conclusion is, sorry to tell: for 60$ I would better appreciate 4 months of WoW or like 2 years (if not more) of some fun f2p.

GW2 to me is great graphic and very pretty game, but that all....

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
    Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

You probably made the same mistake as a lot of people did, assuming that GW1 was an MMO. It wasn't, it never claimed to be, and it still doesn't.

GW1 was more like a multiplayer co-op KotOR. It had decent tech for it's time, and was expanded upon for close to a decade. If you bought the game thinking it was an MMO, you may want to be more careful about what you buy in the future. Do some research before buying.

• Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131
    Originally posted by jtcgs
    Originally posted by Bad.dog

For every person who thinks a LFG tool is an important feature....there is another person that thinks a LFG tool is just a crutch  for the socially handicappped twitch society gamer .

And for every one of those people there is another thinking that anyone that believes sitting in a town continually saying LFG for an hour is a socially handicapped 56kbps modem gamer that apprently would rather be standing around doing nothing instead of actually logging in and playing the game right away.

Wrong track ....we use to have things called guilds (where you use to do things with your friends ) being socially handicapped is where you are so selfish that logging in and playing the game right away is the only thing you understand . To be honest I'd at least give someone that tried for a group in a town the benefit of the doubt , LFG just strikes me as a tool used by someone so selfish they can't even take the time to make  friends

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by Lovely_Laly

well, I don't play GW2 anymore as found it very boring after like 400 h of playing.

here people would argue that console game last as long, cost as much. May be, can't tell as never played console games.

Ha!  I wish console games or single player PC games lasted me even half as long.  I wish every game was interesting for at least 400 hours.

• BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039
    Originally posted by Eir_S
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    ... but i do find it amusing when people say gw2 is "pointless" but other games like Rift or Tera have a "point"

Yeah, it's always some small print too, like "Well it has a point... but that point starts at level (insert # here)."

Honestly, GW2 is pretty much the ONLY MMO I've ever played where I was having fun at level 1.

Yes you are right. If a MMO doesn't pull you in at low levels i don't see why players would grind to some specific level to 'unlock' the fun.

That is what i keep hearing on Definace forums. If someone says 'hey i need more variety, everything i so repetitive'. The typical answer is' you ego is too low level, cap is 5000, keep playing the fun starts at 1000"

Why does one have to go through boring and repetitve tasks to get to the fun part?

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by Leiloni

GW2 certainly is a full featured game but it has it's problems. The combat for one thing leaves a lot to be desired. Sure, it's fun to play around with and while you level up to 80 and play through the various types of content it's fun, but as a long term MMO, the combat gets boring. It's not fun to do the dungeons at all, nor is the PvP (either structured BGs or WvW) fun long term. Not to mention, there is no sense of server community. Even as a solo player in other games, you get a fun sense of your server's community and you feel like you're a part of it. GW2 is a game to play casually up to 80 and then it gets old very fast.

TSW has it's flaws as well but feels much more like a traditional MMO. The combat is different enough but still keeps to the traditional trinity enough to be fun in dungeons and group content. The storyline and questing model is one of the best and really is what makes this game. I haven't reached endgame yet but this is a game I'd come back to again and again. Not sure I'd make it my main game, but the fact that it's worth returning to already puts it above GW2. And I have spent money in their cash shop whereas I have never wanted to spend any money in GW2's cash shop.

GW2 did a lot of interesting things but the wide variety of content is overshadowed by the sub par combat and lack of any community in the game. It could have been something really great, but they fell short. I'd rather play a game with less features but that has good combat and any sort of community, because those are the two things that make up an MMO. Number 1 is other people - playing with others is what makes an MMO an MMO and for me, it's what makes them fun and worth sticking around for. Secondly is the combat - that's what you are doing for the entirety of the game. If the combat isn't fun, it doesn't matter how much content they have if I can't even get myself to do it.

That being said neither of those games are worth being your main game so I don't think the B2P model really has anything to do with it. I'll play a game if it's F2P or P2P as long as it's good.

If you think GW2 combat is bad what is your definition of a good MMO combat?

GW2's combat is its strong suit and is IMO the best combat in any MMO in the last 14+ years.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by TwoThreeFour
    Originally posted by Maephisto
    Originally posted by TwoThreeFour
    Originally posted by Bigdaddyx

(...)

GW2 is the most feature rich MMO and Anet certainly doesn't pull up any excuses while giving us all the basic features and more that MMO players have come to expect.

(...)

For better or worse, MMO players have come to expect a proper LFD-system on release as a basic feature. So I disagree with your statement.

GW2 does have a LFG tool.  The fact it was made by the community and not Anet means little.

It works great.  It fills the need for that function, leaving Anet to focus on other things.

The statement refers to what GW2 gives and thus implying to what Arenanet implemented in GW2, not what the community did. 

For every person who thinks a LFG tool is an important feature....there is another person that thinks a LFG tool is just a crutch  for the socially handicappped twitch society gamer .

By its very definistion and typical sterotype is the vast majority of MMO gamers.

Not having a Dungeon Finder or a LFG tool in an instanced based high end content game is asanine and idiotic.  Not everyone is a social being, typeA personality or an extrovert.  Most MMO players are not those and for those of us who arent leading or forming your own group is not an option and only another introvert could understand.  Period!

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• KareliaKarelia Member Posts: 668
    Originally posted by Bigdaddyx
    ... but i do find it amusing when people say gw2 is "pointless" but other games like Rift or Tera have a "point"

Yeah, it's always some small print too, like "Well it has a point... but that point starts at level (insert # here)."

Honestly, GW2 is pretty much the ONLY MMO I've ever played where I was having fun at level 1.

Yes you are right. If a MMO doesn't pull you in at low levels i don't see why players would grind to some specific level to 'unlock' the fun.

That is what i keep hearing on Definace forums. If someone says 'hey i need more variety, everything i so repetitive'. The typical answer is' you ego is too low level, cap is 5000, keep playing the fun starts at 1000"

Why does one have to go through boring and repetitve tasks to get to the fun part?

This

fun ended in almost 100 hours for me in gw2, so whats the point to go through boredom in order to get to fun part? if i ever get there again.

i play what ever i play, because i have fun the momment i play it and not for some time in the future. its a game, not an investment.

this applies to all games and not only  to gw2 ofc

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    Originally posted by jtcgs

And for every one of those people there is another thinking that anyone that believes sitting in a town continually saying LFG for an hour is a socially handicapped 56kbps modem gamer that apprently would rather be standing around doing nothing instead of actually logging in and playing the game right away.

Wrong track ....we use to have things called guilds (where you use to do things with your friends ) being socially handicapped is where you are so selfish that logging in and playing the game right away is the only thing you understand . To be honest I'd at least give someone that tried for a group in a town the benefit of the doubt , LFG just strikes me as a tool used by someone so selfish they can't even take the time to make  friends

Not all guild members will be on 24/7, or whenever you need them.  I know a lot of guild members that couldn't raid because of their work schedule.  Same with dungeons, since they only have a couple hours of playtime.  The problem with you, is that you value your time over other people's time.  MMO devs see this problem, yet the "hardcores" think they know what's best for everyone... they think socialization by wasting time is something of value.. which it's not.

• MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,268

Originally posted by Gaia_Hunter

No, you could click to move, or use wasd or hold the mouse button.

That is correct, let me clear myself out:

I meant, when  i target someone, my character auto follows my enemy.

This is so bad in so many ways. I don't want my character to just follow my enemy while I smash 1-8 on my keyboard. It is just too nublet for me.

i agree on GW1.. sorta liked it when it first launched but lost interest fast.. tried to get back into it for the hall of monuments and couldn't suffer my way through any of it.. just don't care for that one at all

I really hoped GW2 would be the MMORPG I would play for years...

Sadly each time I log in I can only keep it up for five minutes before I want to puke all over it.

Theres no real progression in the game. Funny thing is I dont like progression like in WoW. But I do not like I don't get anything for my playtime either.

I love PvP. I hate the game decides what spells I have  when I select a weapon etc.

I love two hander swords, but the playstyle is not me, on the Guardian etc.

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    Originally posted by Nadia

depends on the player

i personally enjoyed GW1 more but none of my friends liked GW1

many of my friends enjoy GW2

I too enjoyed GW1 more than GW2. But I also like GW2. However, all of my friends don't like GW2 for some reason and most of them loved GW1 :D But I guess that's because none of them enjoy playing MMOs that much as they find the whole solo leveling up tedious and not challenging at all.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard

At the end of the day, comparing GW1 to GW2 is similar to comparing Diablo to World of Warcraft. It's two completely different games, of a different genre (one is a MMORPG, the other not), and therefore for different people.

It seems to me that there's a quite large part of the people who enjoy GW2 who would never have played GW1.

Or DID play GW1 and wanted to punch a baby for doing so.

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071

I am currently playing Defiance and I enjoy it. And so far have spent way more time in it than I have in GW2.Now by my saying that am I saying one game is better or worse? No I am not, but it hasn't made me appreciate GW2 any more.

• RaekonRaekon Member UncommonPosts: 531
    Originally posted by Purutzil

GW1, though yeah... bit silly to compare that way. Of the B2P models, GW2 (I feel) has the most Pay 2 Win model out there, just for the fact power is so limited so having that money (which can directly be bought in game) is quite a big advantage.  Its bareable mind you, but its definently one thats on the iffy side for me and with the way its set up with WvW kind of benefiting from buying seige tools, it does feel that way. Yes you can earn it in game, but to me being able to BUY ease is always P2W to a degree, even in games I enjoy like Aion or Tera with just even exp boosts, GW2 just pushes it that much more.

I just can't appreciate its 'model' when it directly offers IN GAME GOLD which has more purpose then ever from other MMos to determining the ability of your character or who will win WvW. Not the worst model but its definently not one I'd inspire others to want to follow.

As for GW2 having more... eh... not really... but hey if you enjoy what it DOES have, theres no real reason to argue against it. Diablo 2 literally had very little to go about doing (repeating acts a dozen times) but I had a place with less content to do and had a blast with it compared to other games I could of played.

- you can have as much gold as you want and you won't be able to win WvWvW

- you can buy blueprints or even get them for free by doing the jumping puzzles in the battlegrounds

- even with tons of blueprints you can't win cause you need to have the supply needed to build them and enough people with you to use them

- if a side ends up being the underdog, they are getting a NPC general that is helping them to strike back and grab a tower by leading them, spawning siege weapons and a dolyak that keeps giving them supply while defending them with invulnerabilty till the building of the weapons is done

So what you are saying when it comes to this and the P2W which isn't even existant in this game, is ridicoulos and doesn't make any sense.

GW2 is indeed a very rich game when it comes to the features, maybe you should go through them before you keep typing missinformations of something you probably didn't even play?

- Diablo 2 or the whole series is a hack & slash dungeon crawler and not comparable to any mmo.

If you had a blast with it, I'm honestly happy for you but this has nothing to do with GW2  lacking features or the topic itself.

A few things in general:

- people that say that this game is not community friendly should ask themselves why they are not more communicative towards others, instead of blaming a game that is giving them the freedom of choice for interaction, instead of forcing them to interact with others by hindering their progress like other games do.

- a LFG tool was in the game since the beginning, people mostly aren't using it because they don't like that it's more optional then in other games

- WOW didn't started the LFG tools, nor did it had one first

As about the B2P method I'm all for it.

Started in GW1 in its first world preview in 2004, got into the closed betas and started immediately.

Stayed for 5+ years, then dropped in once in a while without worrying and even went back last year to finish my hall of monuments stuff so I can grab all the rewards I wanted in GW2.

Played GW2 a few months, then only occassionaly (still do).

The game is still fun and with everything that is being added overtime even more.

That's also it's main beauty, it doesn't only offer lots of stuff to do, it also gives me the freedom to take a pause and jump back in whenever I want again with no worry that :

"I payed my monthly subscription without playing the whole month" OR "can't do X content because I don't have this armor or this weapon or this rank or this certain build or certain party members".

Things that are sure to come our way I'm looking forward to:

- Giuld Halls

- Housing

- More Mini Games

All their events were a blast so far and the "Super Adventure Box" is one of its kind (Loved It!). 

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by Nadia

depends on the player

i personally enjoyed GW1 more but none of my friends liked GW1

many of my friends enjoy GW2

I had the same experience. Had to play most of GW1 solo or with randoms because my core gamer buddies didn't like it. Loved the storyline, skill hunting and dual class system though. Oh and the PvP was amazing!

• stevebombsquadstevebombsquad Member UncommonPosts: 884

Those who pretend GW2 has no community need to realize the problem most likely comes from themself, and not the game. When people who are playing have no problems making friends and meeting people, and you can't, then the problem obviously comes from yourself.

Mechanics like forced grouping and dungeon/raiding NEVER made good communities, it always created communities where the goal was to use each other to gain new shiny purple trinkets. It breeds a player base of greedy asshats who only use others to achieve their own goals.

To say it more bluntly: don't blame the game for your inability to socialize when not forced to by game mechanics.

GW2 has by far a much better and more friendly community than the WoW clones and their gear greedy elitist asshat communities. In GW2, you benefit of helping each other, while in most WoW clones, it's all about rolling higher than your supposed "friends" in order to get the loot rewards. Not hard to guess what game breeds the best and most friendly community.

I had to play GW1 to realize how good pretty much everything else is.

Quoted for emphasis.

No not really. The GW2 community is one of the worst that I have ever seen. There really is little to no communication. There is no reason to communicate. I would say that it is me if I was the only one saying that, but there are tons of posts on many different sites that all say the same thing. Where there is smoke, there is fire.  That is my 2 cents at any rate......

James T. Kirk: All she's got isn't good enough! What else ya got?

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614

Originally posted by Rhazmuz
    I would argue you only need to reach level 80 to see how boring and stale GW 2 is.

That is if you are the player that buys a game: 1st question in chat is "WHAT IS THE BEST CLASS?" and races to endgame in 3 days...

if so....no game will ever appeal to you.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• tintilinictintilinic Member Posts: 283
    Originally posted by stevebombsquad

No not really. The GW2 community is one of the worst that I have ever seen. There really is little to no communication. There is no reason to communicate. I would say that it is me if I was the only one saying that, but there are tons of posts on many different sites that all say the same thing. Where there is smoke, there is fire.  That is my 2 cents at any rate......

I communicate with players each time I play, and I don't mean guild mates in guild chat, but random people I encounter in the wilderness. Many people are able to socialize even when not forced to by game mechanics. You not communicating doesn't make the community bad... don't blame the others when the problem comes from you.

Imagine that... you go in a Pub, have a drink, but you sit in a dark corner on your own, while people all over the place are talking, laughing, strangers meeting other strangers at the bar, socializing. And then you leave the Pub, and tell everybody you know that this is the worst place ever, the people are so unfriendly and never socialize. That wouldn't make sense. Same thing for your inability to socialize in GW2.

And other people, on other sites... yeah sure. All the WoW clone players who are unable to socialize when not forced into groups and raids by the game mechanics, and who think bashing mobs in a group for purple trinkets is the highest form of socialization in a MMORPG.

People have been molded into that way of thinking by the EQ/WoW clones. Can't do anything without a reward at the end, not even talking to other people. So sad.

These people got it all backwards. They think that being forced to group and then not even saying "hi" or "bye" or random "orders" while doing dungeon or some other forced crap without which you cant progress is socializing.

OTOH talking to random people (or not so random) just for the sake of talking is - not socializing.

They should really once and for all learn what social and anti-social means and stop saying such nosense as its really funny and sad at the same time.

First example is definition of anti-social

Second example is definition of social.

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    I agree.  Furthermore I think the real issue is not the lack of social behaviour, its the rise of anti-social behaviour that is the real issue.  Games that encourage anti -social behaviour are the problem, games that value competitive behaviour above all, resource tagging/stealing, elitism, ganking, stale games where everyone is bored but feel they have to play or they fall behind the gear curve.  In otherwords unhappy players in general make for anti social games.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773
    Originally posted by Raekon
    Originally posted by Purutzil

- you can have as much gold as you want and you won't be able to win WvWvW

- you can buy blueprints or even get them for free by doing the jumping puzzles in the battlegrounds

- even with tons of blueprints you can't win cause you need to have the supply needed to build them and enough people with you to use them

- if a side ends up being the underdog, they are getting a NPC general that is helping them to strike back and grab a tower by leading them, spawning siege weapons and a dolyak that keeps giving them supply while defending them with invulnerabilty till the building of the weapons is done

So what you are saying when it comes to this and the P2W which isn't even existant in this game, is ridicoulos and doesn't make any sense.

GW2 is indeed a very rich game when it comes to the features, maybe you should go through them before you keep typing missinformations of something you probably didn't even play?

- Diablo 2 or the whole series is a hack & slash dungeon crawler and not comparable to any mmo.

If you had a blast with it, I'm honestly happy for you but this has nothing to do with GW2  lacking features or the topic itself.

A few things in general:

- people that say that this game is not community friendly should ask themselves why they are not more communicative towards others, instead of blaming a game that is giving them the freedom of choice for interaction, instead of forcing them to interact with others by hindering their progress like other games do.

- a LFG tool was in the game since the beginning, people mostly aren't using it because they don't like that it's more optional then in other games

- WOW didn't started the LFG tools, nor did it had one first

As about the B2P method I'm all for it.

Started in GW1 in its first world preview in 2004, got into the closed betas and started immediately.

Stayed for 5+ years, then dropped in once in a while without worrying and even went back last year to finish my hall of monuments stuff so I can grab all the rewards I wanted in GW2.

Played GW2 a few months, then only occassionaly (still do).

The game is still fun and with everything that is being added overtime even more.

That's also it's main beauty, it doesn't only offer lots of stuff to do, it also gives me the freedom to take a pause and jump back in whenever I want again with no worry that :

"I payed my monthly subscription without playing the whole month" OR "can't do X content because I don't have this armor or this weapon or this rank or this certain build or certain party members".

Things that are sure to come our way I'm looking forward to:

- Giuld Halls

- Housing

- More Mini Games

All their events were a blast so far and the "Super Adventure Box" is one of its kind (Loved It!). 

Honestly Raekon, the guy quoted is really just a lost cause, in fact to be honest he is one of the few that knew he wasn't going to like the game in the first place but bought it any way, people like that you just can't reason with them.

It sucks...yea it really sucks but think about it, everybody and their grandmother knows GW2 isn't P2W, and yet this guy would state such an ignorant misinformed statement at best.

Okay sorry I exaggerate about the grandmother, but it honestly doesn't take much effort to understand just how anti-P2W GW2 is, and contrary to popular belief Purutzil knows that but for the sake of the thread being what it is he had no choice but to figure out a way to bash it.

It is what it is, I think that's why no one really corrected his misinformation, cause a lot of people knew that even he didn't believe what he said. I do feel sorry for people like that on these forums but hey it's the internet not much one can do about it.

Edited: Like there comes a time where you got people giving their two cents, but then it's just people trying their best to shed misinformation on a game so others won't like it.

That's like for example if this exact thread was in Tera or TSW, I am not going to just state something about the game that isn't true just because I don't like it, sure I wouldn't agree with the OP but stating obvious misinformation is...lame, it is and that goes for GW2 fans and just anyone who does that bullshit, it's wrong in many ways and shows just how sad one looks and that he/she is going past expressing their opinions, they are just in that "Hater zone" to be honest. 

What's worse is that it's those same people who then turn aroud and say the fans of those games are terrible and etc, but looking at this stuff you almost can't blame them.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• seafirexseafirex Member UncommonPosts: 419

GW2 is against p2w system, the only thing i dont like in the game is the lack of a Trinity system.

The game is just OMG better then WoW and the like. What made me like the game but not love it is what i stated earlier "The lack of a Trinity system".

Reason behind it : It is suppose to be a mmoprg not a fps game. It could have work with a better AI system where you dont have all the mobs get on you all the time like eg: 6 to 7 of them and you keep dying or jumping everywhere rolling etc. on every encounter to survive on every pull in the game except if there is only 1 mob in your way. But currently everywhere you go there is a 3 to 5 mob groups and even if 1 mob is a bit further then the other they all pull together and nuke you down.

Seriously it looks like a FPS game with mmorpg content. Thats what turns me off in this game. Other then that i love it.

Thats my 2 cents on it. I am sure lots of people would be against it but this is my take on this game.

I still play it because they came from a long way since GW1 way less instance then in the first one : they won me there.

But they could have done way better if they kept a mmorpg how it is suppose to be played.

• stevebombsquadstevebombsquad Member UncommonPosts: 884
    Originally posted by stevebombsquad

I communicate with players each time I play, and I don't mean guild mates in guild chat, but random people I encounter in the wilderness. Many people are able to socialize even when not forced to by game mechanics. You not communicating doesn't make the community bad... don't blame the others when the problem comes from you.

Imagine that... you go in a Pub, have a drink, but you sit in a dark corner on your own, while people all over the place are talking, laughing, strangers meeting other strangers at the bar, socializing. And then you leave the Pub, and tell everybody you know that this is the worst place ever, the people are so unfriendly and never socialize. That wouldn't make sense. Same thing for your inability to socialize in GW2.

And other people, on other sites... yeah sure. All the WoW clone players who are unable to socialize when not forced into groups and raids by the game mechanics, and who think bashing mobs in a group for purple trinkets is the highest form of socialization in a MMORPG.

People have been molded into that way of thinking by the EQ/WoW clones. Can't do anything without a reward at the end, not even talking to other people. So sad.

So you are saying that GW2's community is better than EQ's? Did you play EQ? Just asking. I talk to people too in the game. The problem is that there is no need to talk and not really that much to talk about when relating to the game. The mechanics are simple, and it really is designed for casuals. It doesn't matter if a player sucks since there is no real death penalty and one can just run back or wait to be rezzed. Most content can be taken down in a rez / zerg fest without any real thought. A game wide auction house makes all resources readily available. Not that it is a bad thing. It just doesn't foster a real strong community.  I am not saying GW2 is a horrible game, it just isn't a very good social one. Your argument of the pub is like comparing apples to oranges and holds as much weight as the you're playing it wrong one.....

James T. Kirk: All she's got isn't good enough! What else ya got?