Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Age of Wushu Open Beta Prep Look

SilentstormSilentstorm Member UncommonPosts: 1,126

Age of Wushu Prep The Video

Play The Game

About two months ago, I gave this game a quick look. Back then I wasn’t really feeling it wrote it off as another grinder. Well after getting a lot of mails on how it’s changed. I decided to look at it one more time. And give it an honest fair review, as it gets into beta on 4/10/2013.

Well to be honest starting off it’s still a grinder. But with that said it has a lot to do compare to most average grinders. How you grind is cleverly hidden with life skills and jobs. Now that’s not bad because some skills you actually want to do. And the benefit for doing all this is a bad ass fighter is born. Some of the animations are still a little weird and not centered. Like the Shaolin styles all seem to leave you in a weird axis.

That problem is available in all the styles but more so in that one. This is a pvp game so don’t like for mercy. Very strong people are already running around crouching tiger punching noobs in the face. It hasn’t happen to me yet, but it will just a matter of time. I only got into one dungeon because I’m almost out of trial play time. I thought they said it be free in the beginning. My counter is still counting down minutes left to play.

Now on that subject in the future it seems like they will try a weird b2p/p2p/f2p modeling system. I’m not sure how well that will fly in the west. Or how much the western players will like the already bombardment of gold sellers. I blacklisted at least 20 already doesn’t look like snail is even trying to remove them. They are easily ignored but it’s rather annoying looking at the same bots.

Now I know what people are going to say is it worth playing? Well I say yes for all the 9 dragon fans left out there if you exist. Average gamers will probably skip this one altogether. To actually play the game correctly you need a little of a learning curve. And most people won’t have the patience for that. Because despite all the tutorial elements. The game still doesn’t hold your hand on how to amass power.

I do like when games do things like that. But a lot of people do not share my like for figuring out how to be OP on my own. As a matter of fact that has killed a lot of games in the past. So if you want a game eastern feel. That makes you feel at least a little immersed into culture and daily living. As well as give you access to a lot of authentic fighting moves. This game maybe what you are looking for, to waste a little time. But if you don’t like grinders or eastern like games skip it.

Comments

• MadamefateMadamefate Member Posts: 171
    You're just lucky most of the vids I've seen people get ganked.
  • SilentstormSilentstorm Member UncommonPosts: 1,126
    Meh it's whatever I don't even know what class I want. I don't like scholars much either I may go back to shaolin. Also wtf they need to ban all those gold spammers its bad.
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

"Very strong people are already running around crouching tiger punching noobs in the face. It hasn’t happen to me yet,"

As there should be right? :p Time put in is rewarded. I've climbed a little up that learning curve, I'll punch a noob  in the mouth naked, max internal or lowbie. 

As I write this, I'm taking a break from getting punched in the mouth by person a little higher up that curve. Your not gonna jump in to Age of Wushu and be badass in a week. There will be a new server though for the new "sensitive" type jk/jk

Which ever server a new player chooses they will be safe. They might not want to go around picking fights right away on Blue Dragon, but they will be safe.  This aint the type of game you go around killing for nothing. You'll spend more time in jail than playing.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
    Everyone tells me i'm lucky I've only been attacked once. But it's whatever one day you will be strong too. I don't see the ganking problem people have on the forums. Maybe because I only played two or three hours in.
    Originally posted by Silentstorm
    Everyone tells me i'm lucky I've only been attacked once. But it's whatever one day you will be strong too. I don't see the ganking problem people have on the forums. Maybe because I only played two or three hours in.

Don't think I've ever seen a thread complaining about ganking. It just doesn't make sense to do.  Only Ithreads I've seen are of people compalianing about jail. 

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    I've been playing for about 3 weeks now, and I've only been killed once...because I begged the player and they got upset. Oww quit it! I'm just trying to raise my Begging skill! /splat.

Joined - July 2004

Originally posted by remyburke
    I've been playing for about 3 weeks now, and I've only been killed once...because I begged the player and they got upset. Oww quit it! I'm just trying to raise my Begging skill! /splat.

Whut? You should of got that one on tape lol. As far as the ganking yea people are complaining alot on several sites. I even had someone complain to me on my channel. They want to really see unfair ganking they should go look at tera lol....

Originally posted by Silentstorm
    Originally posted by remyburke

Whut? You should of got that one on tape lol. As far as the ganking yea people are complaining alot on several sites. I even had someone complain to me on my channel. They want to really see unfair ganking they should go look at tera lol....

I just did a google search Age of Wushu ganking. I looked through 4 pages. All I saw was one thread on official forums about one guild, from 3 months ago. It's just not that type of game. 

• VindicarVindicar Member UncommonPosts: 138
    Originally posted by bcbully

Which ever server a new player chooses they will be safe. They might not want to go around picking fights right away on Blue Dragon, but they will be safe.  This aint the type of game you go around killing for nothing. You'll spend more time in jail than playing.

New server will probably be a lowby-gank-fest for the very 1st days/weeks. :)

Old school french hardcore whiner. Online since T4C.

I was "Namless" and "Daroot" in AO (Rk2)
    Been known as "Vindicar" (Aion (EU), SWTOR (EU), WoW (EU).
    Recently  Known as "Wundicar" and "Wundee" in Age of Wushu (US) and Wulin (EU)

Franky Rivera Reyes , From the Reyes Brotherhood (Star Citizen)

Every game does that with open world pvp. I think Aion was the all time worse in that department. They nerfed it to the ground now not even as fun as it used to be.
  • DeitylightDeitylight Member UncommonPosts: 103

This is the first open world pvp game I have played where I am getting ganked  for an actual reason, i.e an enemy guild or just a plan enemy or blood enemy.

Joining a guild will increase your chances of getting ganked drasticlly

• VindicarVindicar Member UncommonPosts: 138
    Originally posted by Deitylight

Joining a guild will increase your chances of getting ganked drasticlly

Totally depends on the guilds politics n diplomacy.

But I must admit that as soon as you join a guild, PvP dramas will start !  Dam 'am having so much fun with all thoz old school dramas... all this new generation of gamers discovering the joy of competiting for ressources and events the OLD SCHOOL WAY... that's awesome...

Lots of ragers that shouldn't be playing an open PvP game, but lots of poeples also getting addicted to the joys of old school MMORPG  like we were back in days (let's say from UO to AO).

Old school french hardcore whiner. Online since T4C.

I was "Namless" and "Daroot" in AO (Rk2)
    Been known as "Vindicar" (Aion (EU), SWTOR (EU), WoW (EU).
    Recently  Known as "Wundicar" and "Wundee" in Age of Wushu (US) and Wulin (EU)

Franky Rivera Reyes , From the Reyes Brotherhood (Star Citizen)

It also depends on the guilds attitude towards the server. If you are in a jerk guild it's a good chance even random noobs will try and gank you.