Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Visual Guide to WildStar Content [Updated]

RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122

The founder of the WS G+ community made this chart that gives a visual overview of the kinds of content players will see in the game. I guess what strikes me is the dotted line which represents level cap. Carbine says they are basically building a game that has a fully fledged out elder game at launch. I hope it works out that way!

UPDATE: The author added some things, so I updated this accordingly.

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

Comments

• ArconaArcona Member UncommonPosts: 1,182

How will they posibly finish all that at release?

Expecting 3 year delay :)

• doodphacedoodphace Member UncommonPosts: 1,858
    This is actually looking like a WoW clone, pretty excited to see how well it comes out
  • KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646
    Originally posted by doodphace
    This is actually looking like a WoW clone, pretty excited to see how well it comes out

Some kind of crossover between Runes of Magic and WoW.  Indeed, it will be interesting to watch how it all unfolds.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• KareliaKarelia Member Posts: 668
    i m looking forward  for this game. i like most of what i read about for it. lets hope for something better than what we have seen the last couple of years.
  • RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122
    Originally posted by Arcona

They started development in 2007. They kept everything under wraps until 2011. They're almost ready now - they're just holding stuff back for marketing purposes now.

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    What are Warplots?
  • RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122
    Originally posted by colddog04
    What are Warplots?

Your War Party (40 players at a time) builds a fortress, then your fortress goes up against another team's in a PvP deathmatch. Your War Party is like a guild. You all build a fortress from the groud up, customising all of your own defenses with cannons and all kinds of variations. If your guild defeats a raid boss in PvE, you can even unleash it on the battle field to help you in battle as well. 

War Plots are WildStar's hardcore endgame PvP mode. It's GW2's WvW on steroids.

There's a whole fansite dedicated to them: http://warplots.com/

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Originally posted by Roxtarr
    What are Warplots?

Your War Party (40 players at a time) builds a fortress, then your fortress goes up against another team's in a PvP deathmatch. Your War Party is like a guild. You all build a fortress from the groud up, customising all of your own defenses with cannons and all kinds of variations. If your guild defeats a raid boss in PvE, you can even unleash it on the battle field to help you in battle as well. 

Jesus. I'm definitely going to check this game out.

• amadeuzamadeuz Member Posts: 73
    ok I didn't expect this game at all, and now it get my attention. No matter how it become WoW-clone but this is what I hope for the new MMORPG, may be being WoW-clone is not bad at all.
  • ZapzapZapzap Member UncommonPosts: 224
    What are Warplots?

If you lose the battle you also lose your Warplot, all the work you put into it and you have to buy a new one. It has mpt been said if you get to keep the persons you defeated or not.  I am jot a pvp fab but the risk of losing your plot sounds really cool.

Warplots is similar to the housing system on an instanced cloud with many plugs.  Once you decide to fight someone else your cloud is moved adjacent to your eneimies cloud connecting both warplots.  The plugs are customizeable sockets you can plug in devices such as turrtes, defense systems and so on.  They have not mentioned much of what type of  plugs one can use on the Warplost except that there would be many strategic options. In the housing for example you can plug in crafting stations, gardens for harvesting, areas to harvest animals, caves with goblins you can kill for xp and more.

• doodphacedoodphace Member UncommonPosts: 1,858
    Originally posted by amadeuz
    ok I didn't expect this game at all, and now it get my attention. No matter how it become WoW-clone but this is what I hope for the new MMORPG, may be being WoW-clone is not bad at all.

Being an actual WoW-Clone is not bad at all. This is the only game released since WoW that actually deserves the tite. If only more developrs would capture the basic fundimential content of WoW, and add to it like what seems to be happenining here. I am really looking forward to this game, and only just heard of it a few weeks ago.

• ArconaArcona Member UncommonPosts: 1,182
    Originally posted by Arcona

They started development in 2007. They kept everything under wraps until 2011. They're almost ready now - they're just holding stuff back for marketing purposes now.

I hope that is true.