It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
I'm very excited to see 3-way RvR making somewhat of a comeback, but I am having a tough time deciding between CU and ESO to lend my support. Sure, I could support both, but I really want to just get lost in one.
Two games in development with RvR at their core design. Curious to see which people are more drawn to. Let me know if this should go in general discussion.
- Big budget (approx 300 million)
- Huge team (250+ devs)
- DAOC and Ultima Online Legacy (Matt Firor and Paul Sage, respectively)
- Highly customizable class-based skill system with separate weapon and racial trees
- Corporate overhead (non-indie)
- Possible money-only motivation (debatable)
- Possible release late 2013 early 2014
- Massive, storied franchise spanning almost 20 years of games, arguably the most popular SP RPG franchise to date, save maybe for Final Fantasy
- A jack-of-all-trades design, with lots of outlets for PvE, crafting as well as PvP
- Small budget (approx 5 million)
- Small team
- DAOC and Warhammer Online Legacy (Mark Jacobs)
- Rigid class system with specfic crafter class
- Indie game (little/no overhead)
- Release could still be a few years away
- Single spiritual ancestor in DAOC with no franchise attachment
- Fully PvP focused design