Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Trion's acting real Trion like...

SupportPlayerMMSupportPlayerMM Member Posts: 310
  • Huge client patch coming – Client patches are very risky to deploy so we employ a more rigorous testing process before we distribute them. We can very easily revert a server patch. Depending on testing and certification, we should see that around the 15th, hopefully sooner, possibly later. It currently has 8 pages of patch notes, listing fixes and improvements.
  • Good batch of improvements – We’re happy that we’ve been able to keep a good stream of fixes and improvements just through the server updates. Client updates are much difficult but we did manage to address a set of crashes and the 120hz. That’s all ongoing of course so there is more to come, especially in today’s update and tomorrows as well.

Comments

• snapfusionsnapfusion Member Posts: 954
    If they can just fix the keybindings not saving, Ill be a happy camper, thats the onlly persistant bug I have found yet for the PC.  The rest is just wish list stuff.
    Originally posted by Sho0terMcgavin
    People are still playing this game?

You dont sound cool enough yet, try something else, maybe something less used, less cliche.  Maybe something original if you have it in you.

• LivnthedreamLivnthedream Member Posts: 555
    Originally posted by SupportPlayerMM
    • Huge client patch coming – Client patches are very risky to deploy so we employ a more rigorous testing process before we distribute them. We can very easily revert a server patch. Depending on testing and certification, we should see that around the 15th, hopefully sooner, possibly later. It currently has 8 pages of patch notes, listing fixes and improvements.
    • Good batch of improvements – We’re happy that we’ve been able to keep a good stream of fixes and improvements just through the server updates. Client updates are much difficult but we did manage to address a set of crashes and the 120hz. That’s all ongoing of course so there is more to come, especially in today’s update and tomorrows as well.

So you mean weapons will continue to be horribly imbalanced 2 years down the line?

• SupportPlayerMMSupportPlayerMM Member Posts: 310
    Originally posted by Livnthedream

So you mean weapons will continue to be horribly imbalanced 2 years down the line?

Did someone hurt your feelings with a legendary PvE weapon in Rift? It did seem Legendary didn't it? being the master of both PvE and PvP?

• StrommStromm Member Posts: 243
    Originally posted by snapfusion

You dont sound cool enough yet, try something else, maybe something less used, less cliche.  Maybe something original if you have it in you.

Calm down Nancy, I was just kidding.

Ok, I laughed. :-)

• LivnthedreamLivnthedream Member Posts: 555

Did someone hurt your feelings with a legendary PvE weapon in Rift? It did seem Legendary didn't it? being the master of both PvE and PvP?

You missed the point. Classes in Rift have been a mess since the game launched, with Warriors being in a near constant state of bugged, and Trion constantly doing obviously stupid things like saying "Our goal for this patch is to reduce reliance on ability x" and then turning around and making the class even more reliant on it. The list really can go on. Considering the rather abysmal state of current weapon balance I can only assume based on previous experience with the company that this will continue likely forever.

• MyriaMyria Member UncommonPosts: 699
    • Huge client patch coming – Client patches are very risky to deploy so we employ a more rigorous testing process before we distribute them.

Having been a part of their "rigorous testing process" for the last few months...

Well you'll have to forgive my laughter as I go to make some popcorn.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Very happy with both the game and the communication from the company so far. Even with the bumpy start, things look very good so far for the game.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739

I found that they did a pretty good job with Rift, was too small/railed for me, but as a company they did as good or better than most other companies at patching/updating.

Actually Im betting you werent just trying to be funny, more just looking for some attention, and you got it.

edit: Oh and the Nancy reference, another overly used cliche, so no I guess you have nothing orginal up your sleeve.

• xenomxenom Member UncommonPosts: 116

that's how it should be done...<3 trion :P

some problems around launch can and always will happen (it still was smooth, pc eu that is ^^) but as long as you communicate well and plan a decent patch ahead for soon after launch it's still well played :)

• StrommStromm Member Posts: 243
    Originally posted by Loktofeit

Very happy with both the game and the communication from the company so far. Even with the bumpy start, things look very good so far for the game.

Cool. Not a sarcastic cool, a real cool.

Tempted to buy it and give it a run, only the PC UI is holding me back. Did that get improvements in the patch?

• RandaynRandayn Member UncommonPosts: 904

Actually Im betting you werent just trying to be funny, more just looking for some attention, and you got it.

edit: Oh and the Nancy reference, another overly used cliche, so no I guess you have nothing orginal up your sleeve.

Calm down Nancy

• Skooma2Skooma2 Member UncommonPosts: 697

Lighten up Francis

Hedonismbot: Your latest performance was as delectable as dipping my bottom over and over into a bath of the silkiest oils and creams.

Originally posted by Stromm
    Originally posted by Loktofeit

Cool. Not a sarcastic cool, a real cool.

Tempted to buy it and give it a run, only the PC UI is holding me back. Did that get improvements in the patch?

Not yet I assume some alterations are in this large patch they're working on. I got use to it a while ago.. press L, hold space bar press settings let go of space bar... not so bad especially since the only time you really need settings is to exit the game. 

• BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039

Well i see we are still in rigorous testing process. Good to know.

Originally posted by Bigdaddyx

Well i see we are still in rigorous testing process. Good to know.

Alpha servers still live

Alpha servers still live

Not unless they turned them back on and, for some odd reason, didn't tell any of the Alpha testers. The Alpha server went dark a day or so before launch.

The Alpha forums are still up, and being used. But not the game server, at least as far as anyone there knows.

Originally posted by Myria

Alpha servers still live

Not unless they turned them back on and, for some odd reason, didn't tell any of the Alpha testers. The Alpha server went dark a day or so before launch.

The Alpha forums are still up, and being used. But not the game server, at least as far as anyone there knows.

Just because they didn't call you up and authorize it with you doesn't mean the Alpha server isn't still the test bed for Trion working out new patches. That's the general thing all studios do even if they turn the user accounts off. 

• DahkohtDahkoht Member UncommonPosts: 479

I think I'd like to give this a shot on the PC after waffling a bit. I need a gaming/mmo fix , just got accepted in a certain relaunch beta thats only up a weekend or two here and there so this might fit the bill on the side as was considering returning and starting over in TSW or doing this.

Question is the chat/interface really that bad in game for the pc ? Is there any actual world/zone general chat ? I enjoy seeing zone chat (date back to EQ days).

Also where would be best place to buy it now  - directly from Trion (have a Rift account already ) or Steam etc , is there any way to get any extra goodies any more ?

Not expecting perfection by any means , not that thrilled with the running animation and the no falling damage , but still think might enjoy it.

Thanks in advance for info/tips.

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

I"m still having fun, probably played like 50 hours lol (yay vacation time).  That's all that really matters to me, it's fun.

Like pretty much any MMO launched since like EQ, wait a month and it'll be working like a champ.  They all seem to have "MMO launch problems", it's how the company responds to those problems that will make it good or bad.  Those that waited 2-3 months to patch in fixes usually end up being bad games, because by then, most people have given up hope.  Trion is a pretty good company, they'll get it all sorted out by the end of this month I'm sure.  They're not like SOE, where you can go into Vanguard and STILL find bugs from the original release roflmao.

• BrucyBonusBrucyBonus Member Posts: 220

Not having many problems, and game is a lot of fun.  

Wasn't much of a fan of Rift but I like Trion's work rate so look forward to things only getting better.  

• detlikdetlik Member Posts: 76
    If I didnt have time to get to the game yet, and can still wait patiently for some time, should I wait for the big update on 15th or should I start playing now? Just asking because I heard the update should fix most issues

Just because they didn't call you up and authorize it with you doesn't mean the Alpha server isn't still the test bed for Trion working out new patches. That's the general thing all studios do even if they turn the user accounts off. 

You can't seriously be suggesting that the Alpha server is live, but none of the people on the Alpha forums (id est, those of us who were in the pre-release Alpha test and still have access to those forums) know it, can you? What would be the point, given that Trion had to have had multiple in-house test servers other than the one referred to as the Alpha server?

I'm not even sure why the Alpha forums are still live, but they are, and those of us who were part of the Alpha can and are still posting there (well, at least some are). It seems highly likely -- to the point of being a virtual certainty -- that if the Alpha server were in use it would be being discussed there (it isn't, though the upcoming patch is, naturally enough, a point of discussion), and, presumably, that anyone not given access to one would not have access to the other.

I have no doubt that Trion is testing this Jesus patch internally, I'm only saying that your claim that the Alpha server is live is -- for now, anyway -- false.

Given they only have ten days, and that to date they haven't bothered listening much to the Alpha testers anyway, I'd be surprised if they did bother to run any out-of-house testing -- but, who knows?

• NobleNerdNobleNerd Member UncommonPosts: 759

<blockquote> <i>Originally posted by Xthos</i><br /> <p><b>I found that they did a pretty good job with Rift, was too small/railed for me, but as a company they did as good or better than most other companies at patching/updating.</b></p> <p><b> </b></p></blockquote><p>   I would have to agree .... as far as updates and patches go.... Trion is up there if not king of patching the games, but as far as  pushing out good content and changes.... I have to give them a fail on that one. They made a mess out of Rift in less time than any other company with thier game. I enjoyed PvP in Rift, but even as time went on they seemed to go the way of the game they wanted to exceed. </p><p> </p><p>   I played Defiance beta for like 2 hours and stopped... partly because I am not a FPS gamer much anymore and because I could see where this was going. I am sure there will be many that jump in and play at launch, but FOR PETE'S SAKE they are already marketing the DLC before the game launches LOL.</p>