Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

How to get us to stop raving about CU (solution inside)

TimothyTierlessTimothyTierless ColumnistM, ORPosts: 2,163Member Uncommon

After much meditation I came to the conclusion of how to get us to stop raving about CU so things can go back to the normal hate filled ranting that is the world of internet forums.

First one must look at why we are talking about CU so much. 2 reasons, 1. Were all excited about the KS launching so were buzzing about it. 2. We want it to fund, so we want to help it fund, so we promote it to get it funding.

The sooner CU funds the sooner we can stop promoting it and the sooner we get our own CU forum.

This is where you come in. If all of the people that are sick of us chip into the KS, CU funds faster. So, by doing this, you can be proactive and literally help get rid of us yourself. Our fate is in your hands (talk about irony amiright). It's all up to you. Don't let yourselves down!

BAM common ground common sense Solution! Man I should run for office.

Comments

• usuckmmorpgcomusuckmmorpgcom c, KYPosts: 1,348Member
    Originally posted by Xobdnas

After much meditation I came to the conclusion of how to get us to stop raving about CU so things can go back to the normal hate filled ranting that is the world of internet forums.

First one must look at why we are talking about CU so much. 2 reasons, 1. Were all excited about the KS launching so were buzzing about it. 2. We want it to fund, so we want to help it fund, so we promote it to get it funding.

The sooner CU funds the sooner we can stop promoting it and the sooner we get our own CU forum.

This is where you come in. If all of the people that are sick of us chip into the KS, CU funds faster. So, by doing this, you can be proactive and literally help get rid of us yourself. Our fate is in your hands (talk about irony amiright). It's all up to you. Don't let yourselves down!

Fine. I'll donate a dollar to Foundational Principles Online. Happy?

• Eir_SEir_S Argyle, NYPosts: 4,623Member
    Not going to pay money for a game I have no interest in to get rid of people who are just having fun on their forums.  It used to bother me, but I'm getting used to it.  :p
  • collektcollekt Meridian, MSPosts: 273Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by topographic

After much meditation I came to the conclusion of how to get us to stop raving about CU so things can go back to the normal hate filled ranting that is the world of internet forums. First one must look at why we are talking about CU so much. 2 reasons, 1. Were all excited about the KS launching so were buzzing about it. 2. We want it to fund, so we want to help it fund, so we promote it to get it funding. The sooner CU funds the sooner we can stop promoting it and the sooner we get our own CU forum. This is where you come in. If all of the people that are sick of us chip into the KS, CU funds faster. So, by doing this, you can be proactive and literally help get rid of us yourself. Our fate is in your hands (talk about irony amiright). It's all up to you. Don't let yourselves down! BAM common ground common sense Solution! Man I should run for office.

I see your name FAR too much for someone who isn't interested in this game. No offense, but why do you keep trying to drag everyone down? Everyone isn't going to have the same opinion as you.
  • TimothyTierlessTimothyTierless Columnist M, ORPosts: 2,163Member Uncommon

Originally posted by Xobdnas After much meditation I came to the conclusion of how to get us to stop raving about CU so things can go back to the normal hate filled ranting that is the world of internet forums. First one must look at why we are talking about CU so much. 2 reasons, 1. Were all excited about the KS launching so were buzzing about it. 2. We want it to fund, so we want to help it fund, so we promote it to get it funding. The sooner CU funds the sooner we can stop promoting it and the sooner we get our own CU forum. This is where you come in. If all of the people that are sick of us chip into the KS, CU funds faster. So, by doing this, you can be proactive and literally help get rid of us yourself. Our fate is in your hands (talk about irony amiright). It's all up to you. Don't let yourselves down! BAM common ground common sense Solution! Man I should run for office.

You sir, I hope you fund it just so we can continue dialoging on the founders forum. I always like a devil's advocate in my meetings and I respect you taking our fate into your hands.

Originally posted by collekt

I see your name FAR too much for someone who isn't interested in this game. No offense, but why do you keep trying to drag everyone down? Everyone isn't going to have the same opinion as you.

Where did you get the idea I'm not interested in the game?

Originally posted by Xobdnas After much meditation I came to the conclusion of how to get us to stop raving about CU so things can go back to the normal hate filled ranting that is the world of internet forums. First one must look at why we are talking about CU so much. 2 reasons, 1. Were all excited about the KS launching so were buzzing about it. 2. We want it to fund, so we want to help it fund, so we promote it to get it funding. The sooner CU funds the sooner we can stop promoting it and the sooner we get our own CU forum. This is where you come in. If all of the people that are sick of us chip into the KS, CU funds faster. So, by doing this, you can be proactive and literally help get rid of us yourself. Our fate is in your hands (talk about irony amiright). It's all up to you. Don't let yourselves down! BAM common ground common sense Solution! Man I should run for office.

You sir, I hope you fund it just so we can continue dialoging on the founders forum. I always like a devil's advocate in my meetings and I respect you taking our fate into your hands.

Just for that, I'll give it $5.

You just seem awfully negative in most of your posts. Maybe it's just that you're anti-kickstarter, but still.. why do you guys feel the need to constantly try to rain on our parade?
  • Alaya_AngelSoulAlaya_AngelSoul Belton, TXPosts: 27Member
    The timelessness and complete community support of a game that is remembered not only in the mind, but in the heart

I would love to see CU launched for more reasons than I have time to mention
  • meddyckmeddyck Athens, GAPosts: 1,140Member Uncommon
    This would actually work btw. Kickstarter funds. CSE opens an official forum, then all of us go there and start theorycrafting like mad. Then all you CU haters can back to arguing about whether WOW is awesome or the devil or which upcoming MMO is a true sandbox and all the other important crap we're somehow keeping you from talking about.

Camelot Unchained Backer
    DAOC [retired]: R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R5 Healer

You just seem awfully negative in most of your posts. Maybe it's just that you're anti-kickstarter, but still.. why do you guys feel the need to constantly try to rain on our parade?

No one is trying to rain on your parade.

Just think of me as the "red pill".

• StrommStromm BrisbanePosts: 243Member

Gadzukes! You're right! Why didn't I see this before!

waaaiiittt a sec ...

Is this a trap!? You cunning devil.

I take it you're alluding to the red pill because it's the "real world as it is" or whatever? But doesn't he also have to take a leap of faith by picking it over the safety of the blue pill?

Regardless, there is a whole lot of hate on these forums. I hate plenty of games and/or upcoming games/projects, but I don't waste my time going to their forums and letting everyone know about it.

• Kryptonite_HiloKryptonite_Hilo Phoenix, AZPosts: 47Member
    Originally posted by Eir_S
    Not going to pay money for a game I have no interest in to get rid of people who are just having fun on their forums.  It used to bother me, but I'm getting used to it.  :p

Things like this make zero sense to me. Why do people ream forums from other games in which they have zero interest in? It'd be like me watching an entire season of the Kardashians.

• RictisRictis UnknownPosts: 1,231Member Uncommon
    I enjoyed your entire post, except that I stopped reading after the statement about "much meditation". We all know that meditating and gamers don't mingle. If they did who would cause chaos in forums and on xbox live? No sir, I don't think so. image
  • stevebombsquadstevebombsquad Orlando, FLPosts: 843Member Uncommon
    I don't mind that you guys rant and rave. The game might not interest me, but you guys are much less in your face than the GW2 fanbois. I just don't think that it will get funded. I think two million may be too much. Shroud of the Avatar by Richard Garriott only has like 1.4 million and Ultima has a much bigger fan base. I think that they might have over estimated the interest.

James T. Kirk: All she's got isn't good enough! What else ya got?

Originally posted by Kryptonite_Hilo

Things like this make zero sense to me. Why do people ream forums from other games in which they have zero interest in? It'd be like me watching an entire season of the Kardashians.

You're probably the 10th person I've seen that doesn't know about the updating front page thread list.  Here's a hint: Go look.

Originally posted by Stromm

waaaiiittt a sec ...

(waves hand infront of Stromm's face)

These are not the droi...er, um, there is no trap...

Originally posted by Eir_S Not going to pay money for a game I have no interest in to get rid of people who are just having fun on their forums.  It used to bother me, but I'm getting used to it.  :p

lol perfect analogy

You're probably the 10th person I've seen that doesn't know about the updating front page thread list.  Here's a hint: Go look.

Just because you see it scroll across the feed doesn't mean you have to click on it and start posting negative comments. I'm not going to play Arche Age because it just doesn't really interest me, but I don't click on every AA thread I see on the feed and feel the need to post in them. 

Just because you see it scroll across the feed doesn't mean you have to click on it and start posting negative comments. I'm not going to play Arche Age because it just doesn't really interest me, but I don't click on every AA thread I see on the feed and feel the need to post in them. 

I didn't post a negative comment.... it was actually positive.  Are you defensive or what?

Seeing as this thread is directed at people who are supposedly tired of seeing CU fans talk about their anticipated game, the posts that suggest we weren't supposed to even see it confuse the hell out of me.

• syntax42syntax42 Columbus, OHPosts: 1,305Member Uncommon

So, what the OP is saying, is if I start a good enough spam campaign, he will buy whatever I'm selling or give me money to be quiet.

Here goes:

Greetings, friends. Do you wish to look as happy as me? Well, you've got the power inside you right now. So, use it, and send one dollar to Happy Dude, 742 Evergreen Terrace, Springfield. Don't delay, eternal happiness is just a dollar away.

Spread the word so I can make lots of people happy!

I take it you're alluding to the red pill because it's the "real world as it is" or whatever? But doesn't he also have to take a leap of faith by picking it over the safety of the blue pill?

Regardless, there is a whole lot of hate on these forums. I hate plenty of games and/or upcoming games/projects, but I don't waste my time going to their forums and letting everyone know about it.

I just think people are getting way too overexcited for this game and not always thinking clearly. I get the fact that the MMO genre is a wasteland right now, but that's no reason to latch on to anything that comes along. Anyone who has watched MJ over the years, knows he talks like a politician.

People have been talking about this game in very specific terms, even alluding that it's DAoC 2.0.

Yet, if you look at the CU site, there is nothing there except for a document of ideas under the menu heading of "Features" and a few test runs of certain tech "proof-of concept" items. I don't know about you, but I expect features to be a bit more fleshed out than that before I start considering them as features.

Hurdle #1: The game is not funded. There are no guarantees it will. If you watch Kickstarters and how they work (I do), you will notice that the majority of funding happens in the first few days and trickles in after that. That does not bode well for CU unless there are a lot of latecomers. I find that hard to believe considering the hype people have been giving it. My guess is that most of the fans have already donated and they goal is not even halfway met.

Hurdle #2: There are no guarantees the foundational principles outlined will translate to what you want them to be. Everyone is speculating at this point. I can almost visualize an alpha release when everyone goes, "WTF! This is not what you said this game would be!", when in fact, they have said what amounts to nothing and made no concrete promises.

Now I'm not saying you shouldn't donate to the game, but just don't get too hyped because the odds are stacked against most Kickstarters.

I didn't post a negative comment.... it was actually positive.  Are you defensive or what?

Seeing as this thread is directed at people who are supposedly tired of seeing CU fans talk about their anticipated game, the posts that suggest we weren't supposed to even see it confuse the hell out of me.

I wasn't necessarily implying that you said something negative, but you commented about people not knowing about the feed. I was just pointing out that even though CU threads scroll across the feed, that doesn't mean people have to click on them if they aren't interested in the game. Does it really bother people that much to see threads for a possible future MMORPG scroll across the feed of MMORPG.COM? 

• RictisRictis UnknownPosts: 1,231Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by syntax42

So, what the OP is saying, is if I start a good enough spam campaign, he will buy whatever I'm selling or give me money to be quiet.

Here goes:

Greetings, friends. Do you wish to look as happy as me? Well, you've got the power inside you right now. So, use it, and send one dollar to Happy Dude, 742 Evergreen Terrace, Springfield. Don't delay, eternal happiness is just a dollar away.

Spread the word so I can make lots of people happy!

When I read this, the first thing I thought of were those in game adds from the Bioshock Franchise. Something a long the lines of "Coffee! If your not shaking you need another cup!" or " Coffee! You can sleep when your dead!" etc..

Maybe its because I am playing Bioshock Infinite and went there, not sure why TBH. As far as CU, I want it to release. I just refuse to donate money to something that is not solid yet.

• StrommStromm BrisbanePosts: 243Member

Originally posted by Stromm

waaaiiittt a sec ...

(waves hand infront of Stromm's face)

These are not the droi...er, um, there is no trap...

Stromm: It's a trap! Take evasive action!

Xobdnas: Too late, you are in range of this Fully Operational Kickstarter! *evil sith cackle*