Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Don't feed the trolls.

SpeelySpeely Member CommonPosts: 861

I think we should just entirely ignore all the misinformed trolling, guys. All the childish sniping only increases the more you try to fight it with reason and logic. It's getting ridiculous. These people could care less about the game one way or the other... they just like belittling peoples' interests online becaause it's anonymous and they are small-minded, easily-amused trolls. Let them harp away in silence.

On a related note, I can't WAIT for the backers-only forum.

Comments

• meadmoonmeadmoon Member UncommonPosts: 1,344
    Originally posted by PerfArt

I think we should just entirely ignore all the misinformed trolling, guys. All the childish sniping only increases the more you try to fight it with reason and logic. It's getting ridiculous. These people could care less about the game one way or the other... they just like belittling peoples' interests online becaause it's anonymous and they are small-minded, easily-amused trolls. Let them harp away in silence.

Me too. I eagerly await the quieting of these forums.

Give me a moment and I'll post my "foundational principles" of forum noise.

• SorninSornin Member Posts: 1,133

Before one of them snarkily says it: "We can't wait for that backers-only forum, too, so we are rid of you." :)

Edit: I was beaten by someone who has no interest in this game! The irony, when I am slower than someone who dislikes this forum.

Originally posted by Sornin

Before one of them snarkily says it: "We can't wait for that backers-only forum, too, so we are rid of you." :)

Edit: I was beaten by someone who has no interest in this game! The irony, when I am slower than someone who dislikes this forum.

Your going to suck in RvR, then. ;-)

• RictisRictis Member UncommonPosts: 1,300

Just to comment here, if you want to avoid trolls then just simply ignore them. By creating a post asking people to avoid trolls you are in turn feeding the trolls. I just want to let you know that this thread is counter productive to what you are looking to acomplish.

Aside from that, I would ask that you guys focus on the game. I enjoy reading up on this and I hope it is everything they want it to be.

• OldskooOldskoo Member UncommonPosts: 189
    Originally posted by topographic

LOL well least he's funny!

• SorninSornin Member Posts: 1,133
    Originally posted by Xobdnas

Originally posted by PerfArt I think we should just entirely ignore all the misinformed trolling, guys. All the childish sniping only increases the more you try to fight it with reason and logic. It's getting ridiculous. These people could care less about the game one way or the other... they just like belittling peoples' interests online becaause it's anonymous and they are small-minded, easily-amused trolls. Let them harp away in silence. On a related note, I can't WAIT for the backers-only forum.

I've groen pretty fond of Typographic. I like having him around to remind me of the place I used to be because of how TOR betrayed me, and lets be honest, forum wars keep CU at the top of the list right? So maybe we should thank them for contributing to CU getting more coverage.

I would like him more if he lived by his quote and his signature. This part of his life sure looks like it will be worth watching. ;)

"Back in April of '13 I spent my days posting on forums about a game I couldn't care less about."

But hey, life is too short, right? ;)

• SpeelySpeely Member CommonPosts: 861
    Originally posted by Wakygreek

Just to comment here, if you want to avoid trolls then just simply ignore them. By creating a post asking people to avoid trolls you are in turn feeding the trolls. I just want to let you know that this thread is counter productive to what you are looking to acomplish.

Aside from that, I would ask that you guys focus on the game. I enjoy reading up on this and I hope it is everything they want it to be.

Perhaps, and good point. I figure this is kinda like laying a brush fire to burn away the trees before the wildfire hits, though :) And we HAVE been trying to focus on the game. Apparently we are talking too much about it, however, and that upsets people?

Anyway, sorry for all the forum noise, guys. We don't have an alternative yet. Totally not trying to bother you... promise :)

Originally posted by PerfArt I think we should just entirely ignore all the misinformed trolling, guys. All the childish sniping only increases the more you try to fight it with reason and logic. It's getting ridiculous. These people could care less about the game one way or the other... they just like belittling peoples' interests online becaause it's anonymous and they are small-minded, easily-amused trolls. Let them harp away in silence. On a related note, I can't WAIT for the backers-only forum.

I've grown pretty fond of Typographic. I like having him around to remind me of the place I used to be because of how TOR betrayed me, and lets be honest, forum wars keep CU at the top of the list right? So maybe we should thank them for contributing to CU getting more coverage.

You seem to be under the misunderstanding that I hate CU. If the game is good when it comes out, I WILL play it. But there is no game. In fact, there is no funding.

When I see something more than a project plan, I might get excited. I think a lot of you are setting yourselves up for disappointment.

• CU_now_pleaseCU_now_please Member Posts: 47

I'm only on the forum for this game... bring it trolls, bring your ugly wives and disappointing children!!

Or worry less about the affairs of others, worry not what topic has the forum active and go spend time with them and leave us to it...

/anon

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    Originally posted by Torvaldr

I hate when people troll my games too.  It sucks when you're all excited about a game and someone comes in and poos all over it.

However, you guys flood the forums with tons of duplicate thread topics and make the former TOR and GW2 hiveminders look like apathetic boy scouts.

Maybe if you were a little more realistic with the number of threads and the topics and would quit touting a game that doesn't even exist yet, people would leave you in peace.  As it is there are so many silly threads flooding the feed that it's hard to avoid them.

Just saying good luck and all, but god these threads are annoying.

You explained the situation very well. Hopefully you won't be labled a troll or hater or negative nancy.

Before one of them snarkily says it: "We can't wait for that backers-only forum, too, so we are rid of you." :)   Edit: I was beaten by someone who has no interest in this game! The irony, when I am slower than someone who dislikes this forum.
      I've grown pretty fond of Typographic. I like having him around to remind me of the place I used to be because of how TOR betrayed me, and lets be honest, forum wars keep CU at the top of the list right? So maybe we should thank them for contributing to CU getting more coverage.
    You seem to be under the misunderstanding that I hate CU. If the game is good when it comes out, I WILL play it. But there is no game. In fact, there is no funding.

When I see something more than a project plan, I might get excited. I think a lot of you are setting yourselves up for disappointment.

Typo, one day your life is going to flash before your eyes, ask yourself, when that day comes, will I flash back to not funding CU, missing out on the cool founders stuff, and regret it? I think we both agree on the answer. After all, your getting a game for what, $30? Heck of a deal!

I didn't just close on my new vacation home in Taos, NM because I throw money at every idea reguritated at me by some guy with a promise of MMO heaven.

Woah, I just saw a flash....it had much more than CU in it, I can tell you that.

Here's my take on games: I buy them after they release.

"The man who promises everything is sure to fulfil nothing, and everyone who promises too much is in danger of using evil means in order to carry out his promises." -Carl Jung

• collektcollekt Member UncommonPosts: 328

I hate when people troll my games too.  It sucks when you're all excited about a game and someone comes in and poos all over it.However, you guys flood the forums with tons of duplicate thread topics and make the former TOR and GW2 hiveminders look like apathetic boy scouts.Maybe if you were a little more realistic with the number of threads and the topics and would quit touting a game that doesn't even exist yet, people would leave you in peace.  As it is there are so many silly threads flooding the feed that it's hard to avoid them.Just saying good luck and all, but god these threads are annoying.

I'm not fooled. Your name is an ambigram for Trol Vadr! Your a logical poster in sheepskin clothing!

I'm kidding, I respect your post. Kickstarter is our first step so were all jacked up about it, and it's a site that requires us to promote in order to help fund the game. It's a nasty side effect, but I'm afraid it's here to stay, at least until it funds...if it funds.

Agreed. The posts will die down considerably once the Kickstarter is over and we no longer have to sit on the edge of our seat wondering if it's going to fund. Also, if it does fund we will have the backer forums which will remove most of us from here.

I hate when people troll my games too.  It sucks when you're all excited about a game and someone comes in and poos all over it.

However, you guys flood the forums with tons of duplicate thread topics and make the former TOR and GW2 hiveminders look like apathetic boy scouts.

Maybe if you were a little more realistic with the number of threads and the topics and would quit touting a game that doesn't even exist yet, people would leave you in peace.  As it is there are so many silly threads flooding the feed that it's hard to avoid them.

Sorry, dude. I didn't realize they were so annoying. I assumed that people went to forums devoted to games they were interested in. All I can say is that it will hopefully die down once the game is funded, and you can all be annoyed about the next most talked-about game ;)

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452

Sorry, dude. I didn't realize they were so annoying. I assumed that people went to forums devoted to games they were interested in. All I can say is that it will hopefully die down once the game is funded, and you can all be annoyed about the next most talked-about game ;)

No, people also visit threads directly from http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/realtime/

not everyone vists specific game forums

• meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282

Don't feed the trolls.

The game isn't even out yet and already you are trying to starve the Vikings. GD Arthurians never want a fair fight.

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• BowbowDAoCBowbowDAoC Member UncommonPosts: 472

i decided to use troll's own words to make them TUGV (or is it one letter before those ones ? :D). i check their profile, read their posts on other games forum, and find some very interesting things so far, like some of them simply loves to complain about everything, never actually discussing interesting matters, or funny how some are buying the hype of certain games, then they come here and laugh at us because we are hyped about CU. (i posted 2 times using this so far, it might not be productive, but it makes me feel better :D)

Trolls are pathetic, they have nothing interesting to say, and yet we are stuck with them for the time being

Why do those trolls always feel the need to act like total jerks are beyond comprehension.

Would be that i.e. if you re very active in a specific game's forum, you could propose a vote to exclude someone from it. i know it wont happen, but i prefer to be like i am, a dreamer, rather than be like them.

When CU funds, good riddance !

Bowbow (kob hunter) Infecto (kob cave shammy) and Thurka (troll warrior) on Merlin/Midgard DAoC
    Thurka on WAR

• ForumPvPForumPvP Member Posts: 871

I really would like see more good MMORPGS,like most people on this site ,but.

Theres only few words and ideas on paper of this game,i see people promoting those words  like theres no tomorrow.

Its like something from Monty Python Flying Circus,but what is even weirder that these people thinks that theres people hating those few words which are written in the paper.

edit,no they dont seem to just think so,they seem to believe so.

Let's internet

• meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282
    I like the irony in trolls posting in our forum causing us to counter-post causing them to counter-counter-post just draws more attention to Camelot Unchained. I'm not going to stop posting in the slightest to appease these trolls. They can just never click on posts in the Camelot Unchained forum if they find it so infuriating. How hard is that? Not at all.

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• EllyaEllya Member Posts: 99

Going to a MMORPG site and getting mad at people for being excited about a MMO is like going to a Michael Bay movie and getting mad that it had too many explosions and ruined your childhood. You asked for it when you bought the ticket my friend. And FYI I have seen 0 Bay movies, I like my childhood safe intact, and innocent the way it was before Bay hired the bad acting girl from Transformers to be April O'neal...seriously WTF Michael Bay! Really, I mean REALLY! Leave my memories alone! Your like the Freddy Krueger of 80's cartoon fans! Turtles from another planet! Bah! How about instead of martial arts they use flame throwers and grenade launchers? Oh god, I hope he doesn't see that...

Ok...... step slowly away from the keyboard now. The nice lady will give you something to make it all better... :)

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by RefMinor

No, people also visit threads directly from http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/realtime/

So wait, people view that stream, then chime in on what discussion should be taking place as well as the level of activity that is acceptable within a specific games forum, based on that stream?

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

Originally posted by Distopia
    Originally posted by RefMinor

So wait, people view that stream, then chime in on what discussion should be taking place as well as the level of activity that is acceptable within a specific games forum, based on that stream?

Seems to be the idea. /shrug

• ZiftylrhavicZiftylrhavic Member Posts: 222
    Originally posted by meddyck

Don't feed the trolls.

The game isn't even out yet and already you are trying to starve the Vikings. GD Arthurians never want a fair fight.

LOL

About the trolls...well they usually take some shaddy points of the game to try and bring it down. It gives us the opportunity to explain the other readers the right thing, when they could have stayed on a negative feeling about that point without those trolls.

So i'll feed the trolls. Just remember, next time you see an Arthurian and Tuatha Dé Danann fight, kill the Arthurian :p

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

I agree, just block them and move on. You're only giving them what they want when you argue with them. Ignore them and they get no satisfaction.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• StrommStromm Member Posts: 243

LOL. Oh c'mon that was a good burn. :-)

• dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence