Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CSM voting starts today

MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297

The results of the endorsement round are in: http://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/csm8-pre-election-results-and-final-ballot/

You can follow the link to thevoting page which will come up later today. Voting will run for 14 days. You have 14 preference votes, and you should fill all 14 slots to get the most from your vote.

I am running for election, and I'd be very happy if you included me in your preferences. I have compiled a recommended list of preferences which you might wish to use as an aide to your choices:

Malc's recommended voting list

- Malcanis. Vote me!

I will publish the rest of my recommendations in 3 groups of 4:

People I think that it's essential get elected,

People I really would like to see elected,

People I'd like to see elected.

I'm not going to order within groups: make that decision yourselves. Many of you will be surprised that there are so many empire candidates on my recommended list, but I sincerely believe that nullsec will have all the representative power it needs if everyone on my slate were to be elected. I encourage you all to consider whether or not the CSM will do the best job of representing you by providing diversity of experitise and viewpoints or by uniformity.

Group 1:

Trebor. Trebor is our only "live link" to the previous CSMs, he has irreplaceable process and personal knowledge, he has experience in actually dealing with CCP and getting results that will otherwise take us precious time and political capital to work out for ourselves. On a personal note, he's been immensely helpful to my campaign, and without him I probably wouldn't be running. If you want to see Malc on the CSM, you should give Trebor a place on your preference list because you owe him if I do get elected.

Nathan Jameson. I think he's the pick of the W-space candidates, and his knowledge will be essential in what's going to be a very null-centric CSM

Ripard Teg. He's articulate, literate and persuasive. He has excellent experience in communicating to the EVE community, and he's in a group that practices some of the elitest PvP in the game. And he has admitted to being wrong at least once.

Mangala Solaris. A gentleman and memeber of RvB, he's the public face of an organisation which kept hi-sec PvP alive during the lean years and demonstrates that EVE can serve the casual player in ways that don't just mean PvEing. In many ways, Mangala & RvB are the embodiment of the principle I tried to promote with the hi-sec manifesto.

Group 2:

Mike Azariah. Mike represents a demographic that has little other chance of gaining a voice in this CSM: the little guy in hi-sec, the casual player who's not made it into a group yet, the fellow who hasn't made the connections that will give him comrades to stand beside him. Mike and I will almost certainly disagree about many things during CSM8, but that doesn't matter. He has a sensible, balanced view of EVE, he understands that the game is interconnected, and we need his voice on the CSM to make sure that Ordinary Joe doesn't get stepped on while the big buys are marching. Give Mike a place in your preference list because he's looking out for the guys that might be applying to your corp in a few months, that mine the trit for your battleships, that grind the LP for your faction ammo.

Roc Weiler. I have only just started to get to know Roc, and the delay has been my mistake and my loss. We want him on our team guys. His CSM thread doesn't do hm justice, but that's OK; we have other good writers on the team. Roc is a guy who will make things happen.

Korvin. The Non-bloc RUS candidate we need to outreach to what is probably EVE's biggest non-English speaking community.

Psychotic Monk. Monk represents the other side of hi-sec from Mike, but this isn't Monk vs Mike, this is about making sure we have voices to represent playstyles and ensure that concerns from both side of the divide ar heard to give us a properly balanced CSM

Group 3:

Corebloodbrothers. Core has a great bottom-up perspective on 0.0 from outside the big blocs that will serve the CSM well. He's a solid PvPer, and he has the right ideas.

Mynnna. Mynnna will almost certainly not need any help from the likes of me recommending him, but why take that chance? On his own merits, he deserves a place in Group 1; I've only put him in group 3 because he has the CFC to back him. But if there's one thing I've learned in EVE it's not to take anything for granted. Mynnna brings the in-depth knowledge and intuitive understanding of large scale EVE economics that CSM8 will be crippled without. Make sure he's somewhere on your preferences.

Ali Aras. The voice of the new player, and a fine lady, we need Ali to have a balanced CSM.

Unforgiven Storm. He can provide the in depth industrial expertise that I personally want at hand to drive the argument to CCP that 0.0 needs the right industrial rebalance.

Shoutout slot:

Banlish. EVE's unquestioned outpost and POS expert. If you haven't read his outpost updates, you absolutely should. The POS changes announced today are a good start, but CCP has a very long road to walk before POS and 0.0 outposts are where they should be. If you live in 0.0, you want Banlish on the CSM to guide CCP on the way: it's that simple. Banlish probably needs my support even less than Mynnna does, and just as I am with Mynnna, I am not taking anything for granted.

Give me liberty or give me lasers

Comments

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297

If you want to read more about my platform (and that of the other candidates I have recommended), my CSM thread is here: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=192717&find=unread

If you want more info on how the STV voting system works, read this: http://thethirdn.wordpress.com/2013/03/27/how-wright-stv-works/

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476

Mal good luck, if I still played along with alot of other folks I would Vote for ya.

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
    Originally posted by Elsabolts

Mal good luck, if I still played along with alot of other folks I would Vote for ya.

Even though I oppose just about everything you want to happen?

Well, all votes count the same ;)

PS why is there a picture of my tummy in your post?

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    Originally posted by Malcanis
    Originally posted by Elsabolts

Even though I oppose just about everything you want to happen?

Well, all votes count the same ;)

PS why is there a picture of my tummy in your post?

I stole it, I just could not help myself when i saw it.

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • kovahkovah Member UncommonPosts: 692
     >.< 
  • qazymanqazyman Member Posts: 1,785
    I logged in and voted for you M8. Good Luck.
  • birdycephonbirdycephon Member UncommonPosts: 1,314
    Go CFC!

Voting closes at 23:59PM UTC tomorrow.

If you don't vote, you're a fool. Go vote.

VOTE!

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614

Originally posted by birdycephon
    Go CFC!

don't worry, CCP has your vote.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"