Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

I hope everyone remembers that trust means SOMETHING.

Comments

• usuckmmorpgcomusuckmmorpgcom c, KYPosts: 1,348Member
    Originally posted by ArcherBullseye
    Originally posted by topographic
    Originally posted by Psychow
    Originally posted by JimmyYO
    *snipped*

Your overdoing the CU marketing and should honestly be considered for a ban at this point. Stop spamming the same crap over and over. We get it you love a game that hasn't been made yet but you're abusing the MMORPG.com forums.

I agree. This "create 10 threads a day and make sure they are on top the current discussed threads list" scheme is getting annoying and I'll bet counter-productive. I'm already getting the same "I hate the game because of the fans" feeling that I had during the GW2 viral marketing fiasco...

+1000

CU is not the "do all and be all" of gaming. Watching people gush over vaporware is not interesting.

I do not understand why you and others keep coming back to comment.  Are you forced to click on the CU forums and open up threads that have a positive stance on the game/idea?   You stated yourself it is 'not interesting' so.... why are you here again?

I'm here because I have just as much of a right to be here as you. Now run along...

BTW, if you don't like what people have to say on an open forum, you can refrain from making comments. Consider taking your own advice.

• PsychowPsychow SF Giants Territory, CAPosts: 1,784Member

Maybe when CU get's it's own official forums, this problem we have here at MMORPG.com won't be an issue any longer. There will be a place where the CU fans can post with other CU fans, instead of dominating this site and driving people away.

Maybe when CU get's it's own official forums, this problem we have here at MMORPG.com won't be an issue any longer. There will be a place where the CU fans can post with other CU fans, instead of dominating this site and driving people away.

One can only hope.

• SorninSornin Richmond, BCPosts: 1,133Member

Yes, fans posting in their own forums are driving people away.

*rolls eyes*

• GreenHellGreenHell ludlow, MAPosts: 1,322Member Uncommon

Someone could easily make a fourm where they could go but then they would not be advertising KS for the game. It's a give and take. If they want to advertise on open forums they are going to have to deal with the criticism. I think a lot of people look at the endless CU posts and think "damn..we have another 3 years of this" or "here we go another GW2 situation" Not everyone here is as excited as they are. I for one hope this game works out but only time will tell.

Originally posted by Sornin

*rolls eyes*

/readingcomprehensionfacepalm

• ArcherBullseyeArcherBullseye Ellwood City, PAPosts: 77Member

+1000

CU is not the "do all and be all" of gaming. Watching people gush over vaporware is not interesting.

I do not understand why you and others keep coming back to comment.  Are you forced to click on the CU forums and open up threads that have a positive stance on the game/idea?   You stated yourself it is 'not interesting' so.... why are you here again?

I'm here because I have just as much of a right to be here as you. Now run along...

BTW, if you don't like what people have to say on an open forum, you can refrain from making comments. Consider taking your own advice.

Unlike you telling me to leave.. I did no such thing.  I was just asking what your reasoning was for doing something that is of no interest to you...?  I thought maybe someone was holding a gun to your head to come here and post, so I wanted to help you if that was the case.

I am not trying to scare anyone away, just tired of reading the same people repeating the same negative things that get rebuffed by the same positive things..  If you guys stopped posting negative things, then all the 'gush' would start to wane out.. yes?

I am not trying to scare anyone away, just tired of reading the same people repeating the same negative things that get rebuffed by the same positive things..  If you guys stopped posting negative things, then all the 'gush' would start to wane out.. yes?

Hmmm...that sounds familiar.

*rolls eyes*

I comprehended it just fine. He (and you) posit that somehow MMORPG.com is being dominated by CU fans posting in their own forum and this is a "problem." This makes no sense. This forum exists for that purpose.

I am terribly confused, are CU 'fanatics' going to the other forums and 'gushing' their views of CU onto other games?  Driving people away by their terrible banter in the WoW form?

• PsychowPsychow SF Giants Territory, CAPosts: 1,784Member

I am terribly confused, are CU 'fanatics' going to the other forums and 'gushing' their views of CU onto other games?  Driving people away by their terrible banter in the WoW form?

No, luckily they are not as bad as the GW2 and PoE fanatics.

Oh yes!  See we can agree on something, I am here to learn about the project that CSE is trying to do, but people apparently not interested in the game keep coming on and saying how much they think it is going to fail etc... so the people who want the game to succeed feel the need to try to counter that so that if someone new shows up, they do not get turned away by the mass amount of negative views on the game.  It is cause and effect…. Over and over…

P.S. as a still undecided possible backer.. I do not mind reading why others back the project, it helps me make up my mind on what I am going to do.

*rolls eyes*

I comprehended it just fine. He (and you) posit that somehow MMORPG.com is being dominated by CU fans posting in their own forum and this is a "problem." This makes no sense. This forum exists for that purpose.

I think what Psychow was saying was that CU has no official forums on its site yet and when that happens, people will spend more time gushing over there, where the CU devs are.

• DeadlyneDeadlyne Rochester, NYPosts: 231Member Uncommon

I think that the people posting "negatively" in your CU forums are here because, like me, they like to go through the Current Forum Activity section on the main page.  I don't believe they are maliciously trying to troll your forums as some are trying to suggest.  I'm not cheering for any game in particular right now as none of them are really ringing my bell.  But it is starting to feel like CU overload on these forums lately.  Very similar to what the GW2 players were doing which was also over the top.  

Just to question the philosophy. Army of Socrates.

I think that because of people putting their own money into the project, it not only becomes more real... but it also becomes more personal. 

When someone comes here and says that the project is doomed to fail, or that everyone is living a pipe dream; it may feel to some of the backers that you are personally insulting their choice.  If you went out and bought a shirt, and then when you wore it out everyone made fun of you, would you get defensive?

Originally posted by Deadlyne

I think that the people posting "negatively" in your CU forums are here because, like me, they like to go through the Current Forum Activity section on the main page.  I don't believe they are maliciously trying to troll your forums as some are trying to suggest.  I'm not cheering for any game in particular right now as none of them are really ringing my bell.  But it is starting to feel like CU overload on these forums lately.  Very similar to what the GW2 players were doing which was also over the top.  

Well, I can understand that, but that is more an issue with MMORPG.com than the posters on this forum. Like others have said, there are no official forums for us, so these have become the "official unofficial" forums for now. Activity and excitement is high, hence the large post volume.

I do not think anyone is trying to keep these posts bumped for visiblity. That would be silly - MMORPG.com visitors do not need to be told more about the game, so it is not serving any purpose to do that. I have no illusions that most people active on this site have made their decision, and keeping these threads bumped is not going to change that.

If the recent forum activity is an issue, I honestly recommend suggesting to staff that they either make that section more flexible with filters, or limit the recent activity per forum to the most recently updated thread.

• mari3kmari3k erger, AKPosts: 135Member

Im the greatest doac fan of all time, but to trust this guys and pledge on this project... NO WAY !

1. They lied on us in WAR, they will lie on us here too.

2. Release will be probably 2016... till this time this game is out of date.

3. Subscription ? Really ? You kidding me. This model can only allow one game, thats WOW, but there I know what I get for my money. Its over with Subsciption in MMOs.

When you want Daoc, just download it and play. Its still good and no clone will beat it ever. We saw how all the WOW clones ended.

Step in the arena and break the wall down

• MaephistoMaephisto somewhere, DCPosts: 632Member

Sounds pretty damn ridiculous to me.

When I see a thread about Neverwinter or Defiance (both games I have little interest in), I do not feel compelled to go and express some negative point of view.  I despise the direction NWN took, but I dont go spouting off a bunch of hate on thier sub forum.

The fact there are many threads concerning CU doesnt mean anything.  There is a saying that is on the tip of my tongue.......something about idiots and thier love of voicing opinions to everyone.

Oh yes!  See we can agree on something, I am here to learn about the project that CSE is trying to do, but people apparently not interested in the game keep coming on and saying how much they think it is going to fail etc... so the people who want the game to succeed feel the need to try to counter that so that if someone new shows up, they do not get turned away by the mass amount of negative views on the game.  It is cause and effect…. Over and over…

P.S. as a still undecided possible backer.. I do not mind reading why others back the project, it helps me make up my mind on what I am going to do.

I'd love to know more about the game also, but I haven't read a single post that provides ANY value whatsoever other than

"This is the bestest game evar!"

"OMG! It's the second coming!"

"CU!!! I just soiled myself!"

even from MJ himself. All I can see are a bunch of "foundational principles" that are probably still scrawled on a napkin somewhere and provide little or no detail as to what this game will be.

I can't beleieve anyone would get excited over what has been presented so far, but to each his own. Maybe it's more of a side-effect due to the complete lack of quality MMOs these days. Promises can be a powerful thing to the desperate. It worked for Jim Jones.

Got kool-aid?

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread PshPosts: 5,498Member Uncommon

Well, I can understand that, but that is more an issue with MMORPG.com than the posters on this forum. Like others have said, there are no official forums for us, so these have become the "official unofficial" forums for now. Activity and excitement is high, hence the large post volume.

I do not think anyone is trying to keep these posts bumped for visiblity. That would be silly - MMORPG.com visitors do not need to be told more about the game, so it is not serving any purpose to do that. I have no illusions that most people active on this site have made their decision, and keeping these threads bumped is not going to change that.

If the recent forum activity is an issue, I honestly recommend suggesting to staff that they either make that section more flexible with filters, or limit the recent activity per forum to the most recently updated thread.

MMORPG.com isn't known for it's positivity. If some people from some pre-game community want to call it that, they better be able to accept that things are going to get negative around here sometimes. See, everyone is allowed to voice their opinion, no matter how negative it is. The opinion does not even have to necessarily be constructive.

In my opinion, choosing this site as an unofficial main forum site for any game that is going into kickstarter is just asking to be hammered into the ground. Saddle up Camelot, you're in for a bumpy ride.

• TimothyTierlessTimothyTierless Columnist M, ORPosts: 2,163Member Uncommon

Dang, so many of you are sick of these forums, I guess you could always just, oh, I dunno, go somewhere else. Maybe make an anti CU forum where you can all go to talk about how much you all look up to Eeyore?

As for dealing with feedback, I give positive and constructive feedback on CU. Flaming and complaining is not feedback, it's weaksauce that pours from the hearts of those that are either so bored or so disappointed with their own game that they feel disdain for happy people that are excited about a game.

When your so miserable that you feel disdain for people for being excited I no longer argue with you, I feel pity you.

I just hope you remember something my grand daddy taught me.

Fearing CU owning your game leads to hate, hate leads to anger, anger leads to the dark side of the genre. You know what that means right? Be careful or before you know it you will end up buying Dark Fall, again!

• FearumFearum Cinnaminson, NJPosts: 1,166Member Uncommon

Negative people are everywhere, they are like that dip shit at work that always is pissed off and complaining about everything. Just got to ignore them, they really have nothing to say that is worth listening to and if you acknowledge them that only gives them another high horse to climb on too.

Construtive critisism is one thing, but just being a dick to get a rise out of people is kind of narssassitic.

Originally posted by Xobdnas

Dang, so many of you are sick of these forums, I guess you could always just, oh, I dunno, go somewhere else. Maybe make an anti CU forum where you can all go to talk about how much you all look up to Eeyore?

As for dealing with feedback, I give positive and constructive feedback on CU. Flaming and complaining is not feedback, it's weaksauce that pours from the hearts of those that are either so bored or so disappointed with their own game that they feel disdain for happy people that are excited about a game.

When your so miserable that you feel disdain for people for being excited I no longer argue with you, I feel pity you.

Thanks, but I really don't need your pity. You may want to save it for yourself, just in case.

You may need it in 26 days.

http://www.appsblogger.com/behind-kickstarter-crowdfunding-stats/

• zymurgeistzymurgeist Pittsville, VAPosts: 5,211Member Uncommon
    It'll ease up after the kickstarter hits it's goal ( it will) and the long wait begins. The the real circus will start when it hits beta rising to it's crescendo at launch. Then the game will fade into relative obscurity, or not.  

"Strong and bitter words indicate a weak cause" ~Victor Hugo

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread PshPosts: 5,498Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Xobdnas

It doesn't matter how many times you guys tell people that they can go somewhere else, they will keep coming. Actually, acting like they shouldn't be voicing their opinion because it's negative will likely only embolden people. Calling them miserable or whatever name calling you choose to use will be useless against it. They view you as fanatical/insane and you view them as miserable/pitiful.

I mean, already the negativity has spread to you. You are now actively insulting people and condescending to them because they don't share your views. Which side should feel more pity for which side?

This discussion has been closed.