Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hack and slash Arpgs

ExiledTyrantExiledTyrant Member UncommonPosts: 69

does anyone know a good site like this to find hack and slash arpg games? Path of Exile still needs a lot of work and i am starting to find the combat very boring after reaching 70+ map grind. I still have an itch to play games like it though. i never thought I'd be playing games that brought me back to guantlet dark legacy dungeon crawls but now I'm hooked.  I tried finding some hack and slash games on youtube lists and reviews but most of the games look terribly dated. Also I kept seeing the same names pop up over and over this leads me to believe that the hack and slash genre may be very shallow.

I am hoping there are more titles to check out than what I have seen.

"Do not speak to me of fate!" ~ A fairy tale for the Demon Lord

Comments

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452
    Originally posted by ExiledTyrant

does anyone know a good site like this to find hack and slash arpg games? Path of Exile still needs a lot of work and i am starting to find the combat very boring after reaching 70+ map grind. I still have an itch to play games like it though. i never thought I'd be playing games that brought me back to guantlet dark legacy dungeon crawls but now I'm hooked.  I tried finding some hack and slash game son youtube list and reviews but most of the games look te hack and terribly dated. Also I kept seeing the same names pop up over and over this leads me to believe that the hack and slash genre may be very shallow.

I am hoping there are more titles to check out than what I have seen.

torchlight games on steam are good..torchlight 2 was on offer last time i looked.then there are older ones like the brilliant divine divinity but divinity is kind of a bit story based and its 2D but its an amazing game,then there ids the follow up beyond divinity as well.very cheap games on steam atm £1.35 each and great fun.

• ExiledTyrantExiledTyrant Member UncommonPosts: 69

I will take a look at divine divinity. anything that could bring back the magic of plowing through tons of monsters in dungeons for an ancient relic and taking it back to kill the boss like  when you grabbed the ice axe to help slay a massive red dragon in it's cave would be awesome.

At the very least fun combat would be a must/ I found PoE lacking in combat the more I played it. it could be the limit of skills right now or just how the builds ave turned out so far.

Originally posted by ExiledTyrant

I will take a look at divine divinity. anything that could bring back the magic of plowing through tons of monsters in dungeons for an ancient relic and taking it back to kill the boss like  when you grabbed the ice axe to help slay a massive red dragon in it's cave would be awesome.

At the very least fun combat would be a must/ I found PoE lacking in combat the more I played it. it could be the limit of skills right now or just how the builds ave turned out so far.

divine divinity is an absolute gem and worth every cent..70-100 hrs of gameplay.spell system allows for total replayability..you will love it..dont let the 2D put you off.

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    Titan Quest was pretty good. It came out about 5-6 years ago and is Greek mythology based.  If you have Steam you can play a demo and also buy the game and its expansion as well.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    Give Diablo 3 a try. There is a free trial available.
    also the sacred games as well..totally forgot about those.
    I cycled through a few hack and slash games and looked at the suggestions you guys made. I'm still not sure what game I'm going to play but it looks like i'm gravitating to torchlight 2. I would try diablo 3 demo but blizzard has had so many security breaches I worry about my credit card now a days. I already had one email adress completely ruined due to a breach saying that I had diablo 3 account issues when i have never downloaded the game. Not to mention the various scams that targeted my WoW warrior after downloading a Dps meter from Curse which has led me to never trust 3rd party add ons ever again.

• kjempffkjempff Member RarePosts: 1,759
    Drakensang.com was fun for a few weeks when I tried it, but no idea what state it is in right now. Nowhere near as advanced as d2, poe, tl2 though.
    Originally posted by kevjards
    also the sacred games as well..totally forgot about those.

this is completely off topic but your avatar keeps reminding me of that south park avatar so I thought I'd share

• KarahandrasKarahandras Member UncommonPosts: 1,703
    gog has a d&d sale this weekend, could bw something there to peak your interest.
  • someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088
    Official mod creator for Torchlight 2 has been released and Steam added workshop support for it. So if you want mod support for your arpg, check Torchlight 2 out.