Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top 3 most anticipated MMO's in 2013 (in your opinion)

Comments

• MontaronxMontaronx Member UncommonPosts: 273
    Im stunned. Noone is mentioning eqnext here. They have it scheduled for end 2013. Right?

• birdycephonbirdycephon Member UncommonPosts: 1,314

1) WildStar 2) FFXIV:ARR 3) Marvel Heroes. List subject to change as MMOs releases are anounced.

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    The only one I was vaguely curious about was Defiance, and that's live. It adds a fun TPS compliment to GW2. ESO looks interesting on the surface, but if I bother with it at all it won't be until well after it's been released and reviewed to death, and then only if I've bored of GW2 which doesn't seem likely at this stage.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• kjempffkjempff Member RarePosts: 1,759

#1 EQNext

- Interested in seeing if they can deliver anything that come close to the hype. If anyone can make an interesting mmo it would be SOE, and if anyone can fail horribly it could be SOE.

#2 Neverwinter

- Will they succeed in making combat interesting enough ? Will there be enough long term (re)playability, will the Forge with player made adventures pull this game up ? But most importantly, will they downtone or adjust the pay2win model enough ?

#3 Elder Scrolls

- Bethesda could never make a combat system I found good enough to have fun with, but they sure know how to create adventure and they might be able to some kind of open world feel. Then again, thats all a vague hope, but following with some interest.

• DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030

ArcheAge

Wildstar

Black Desert

in no particular order...could easily be interchanged with ithrs liek ESO and Blade and Soul and several others as they all are unproven until I get more in depth previews and actual hands on.

Playing right now : Not a thing.Kind of enjoying not having my time tied up with a MMO(s)

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686

I'm look forward to because: None... the more information I get about new titles the less I want to play them

MMO I'm currently playing: SWTOR... and it looks like I am going to play it exclusively in 2013 :)

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• ForumPvPForumPvP Member Posts: 871

Archeage

Cube World

Blockscape

Planet Exploreres,Black Desert Online,Repopulation and some

playing WoT ,FE,ARMA III alpha a bit right now.

Let's internet

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

Wildstar

i have more interest in EQNext but I'm assuming it wont launch til next year

• ZertraxZertrax Member UncommonPosts: 8

1. Elder scrolls - Promise of multirole classes and ways to play each class

2. Blade & Soul - Action PvP (I wonder if the pvp would be better than the one in Tera and DragonNest)

3. World of Darkness - Permadeath done right? Hell yeah!

Currently I'm playing DragonNest and Path Of Exile - it's free it's challenging, its cool.

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

#1 Elder Scrolls

I've always thought TES would be cool as an MMO.

#2 Eldevin

Will be the best browser game ever :)

#3 Neverwinter

I don't really like 4.0 ruleset, but it reminds me of DDO, and I loved that game.

MMO I'm currently playing:  Defiance, Rift, Eldevin (beta)

• bopice12bopice12 Member Posts: 20

Currently playing :  EQ MAC with pc hack from rerolled.org.  It's the only great mmo left.  It's stuck in 2002.  The only game me and my wife come back to over and over.  The only mmo that holds us over 3 months.   Everyone on the server agrees of course that it is still the best mmo ever made.  I just wish new mmo's would use it as a building block...  no item level reqs. awesome open dungeons. high lvl buffing , challenging fights.  risk , etc etc etc.  tons of classes... / races / starting towns.

1. EQ next.  2014 ?? 15

2.  Elder scrolls online.

3.  neverwinter.  just because people had good reviews and it's DD based. somewhat.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

1) The Elder scrolls online... could be closer to a true elder scrolls game then most expect it to be.

2) Neverwinter... or the Foundry, single best new innovation in the industry..

3) Everquest Next...  The final answer from the most experienced developers, but will it be the right answer?

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• hockeyplayrhockeyplayr Member UncommonPosts: 604

What I think will be the most anticipated by all:

1) ESO

2) Wildstar

3) Neverwinter

My PERSONAL list would be:

1) Wildstar

2) Origins of Malu/Shroud of the Avatar (alpha)

3) EQnext

Wildstar is first solely because it is the most likely to actually launch in 2013

• AeonZenAeonZen Member Posts: 43

#1: Archage

#2: Wildstar

#3: Blade And Soul

Runner ups:  TES, Age Of Wushu, Neverwinter

Currently playing: GW2, Tera

I'm not super excited for any of them really, maybe I will be more closer to release.  For me there is tooo many games.  I don't even know if I'll be able to keep up with all of them and will have to choose a couple of main games.  But those are the games that peek my interest a little.

• SenadinaSenadina Member UncommonPosts: 896

1. Wildstar

2. The Repopulation

3. Neverwinter

Wildstar looks like silly fun with a TON of things to do.

Repopulation has a crafting system that actually deserves to be called crafting and not  just combining.

Neverwinter had very little appeal to me until I actually played it, and I was extremely surprised to find myself wanting to play more. Keep in mind, the last beta weekend coincided with a free Rift weekend and a Defiance beta but Neverwinter was the game I found myself playing the most. I am as surprised as anyone.

• rommellorommello Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 185
    would like to get into beta for dragon prophet and otherland, NA versions but i havent got a key for either

hallo ~_~

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

1. Age of Wushu - The most content rich, time eating, sleep stealing game on the market.

2. The Repopulation - Rooting for the little guy with big ideas.

3. Origins of Malu - These guys are doing it. Beta starts soon.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • hockeyplayrhockeyplayr Member UncommonPosts: 604
    Originally posted by rommello
    would like to get into beta for dragon prophet and otherland, NA versions but i havent got a key for either

otherland development was halted when the developer (not publisher) went belly up.

• bopice12bopice12 Member Posts: 20

this year doesn't look that great. but last year we got what ? guild wars 2 and that's it.  year before that ? aion .  year before that rift ?  year before that ? age of conan . year before that .lotro . year before that ? nothing , year before , nothing year before , wow.  / eq2 "which sucks" eq1 was the bomb. year before that eqoa  4 years before that eq1 .  daoc was ok , only other mmo i'd through on the list that even counts as a good time filler mmo for that year.

1. eq next ,   crossesfingers. When i first played eq classic time frame.  I thought " This is what games should be , They are only going to get better"!  Guess what ... they all got worse.  eqoa was good until right after frontiers came out.   I was teased for playing so much video games as a kid. I won a few big Mortal Kombat tournaments.  .  EQ1 came out when i was 19.  So i had been gaming for a long time when i first found eq1.    I have 1 -10 max chars in EVERY majjor mmo.  so i've mmo'd . a TON since 1999.  I mean like records and shyt.  Not working and just gaming for years straight. on and off.   You may call it a shit life / no life / lazy / w/e .   I  still call it insight into the mmo genre most don't have.

2. eso, quest hubs kinda .. uggg . or it'd be my # 1  . i have hopes  because they said open dungeons. and tons of cash for dev,

3 neverwinter for 3 weeks ? of fun . no idea didn't play it yet.

• ForumPvPForumPvP Member Posts: 871
    Originally posted by Senadina

Neverwinter had very little appeal to me until I actually played it, and I was extremely surprised to find myself wanting to play more.

haha same,it lacks in paper but when i tested it i was like hey they have something in here,look how my knockback throws that silly mob all over the place,i dont know what it was but it was not bad game at all.

Let's internet

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by bopice12

this year doesn't look that great. but last year we got what ? guild wars 2 and that's it.  year before that ? aion

last year was more than GW2 - TERA and Secret World

even SWTOR i consider more a 2012 release - it launched 10 days prior to 2012

• PhelcherPhelcher Member CommonPosts: 1,053
    #1 ArcheAge
    #2 EQNext
    #3 Elder Scrolls Online

"No they are not charity. That is where the whales come in. (I play for free. Whales pays.) Devs get a business. That is how it works."

-Nariusseldon

• AxiosImmortalAxiosImmortal Member UncommonPosts: 645

1. The Repopulation

2. Wildstar

3. Origins of Malu

One word, One reason...."Sandbox.".

Looking at: The Repopulation
    Preordering: None
    Playing: Random Games

• CalmOceansCalmOceans Member UncommonPosts: 2,437

1, EQ Next

2. FFXIV Reborn

Not excited about any others atm.

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870

Not to sure about this year.  Maybe..

1. Firefall:  Not sure if it will release this year and it also depends if all of the planned features go in.

2. Meh

3. Meh

2013 Looks to just be a mostly "pass" year for me.  I don't see anything that's really worth putting money into.  Maybe I will spend some time in a few of the f2p games, but only as a temporary filler until something actually good comes out.  Maybe something will pop up over the course of the year that might surprise me.  However, I still play GW2 which meets my skill based PVP needs just fine.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor