Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

People Kicking Down CU On Purpose?

Comments

• SorninSornin Member Posts: 1,133
    Originally posted by expresso
    Originally posted by Qallidexz
    Originally posted by cybersurfr

I'm excited for this game. Every game starts out as nothing but a few ideas... so what? A game is ultimately just an idea put into code... but it's the IDEA that matters (and of course the code not being buggy, and with reasonably good graphix). But I'm voting for the idea here, and I think that's enough. I'm quite confident Mark and his team know how to write their idea into code, and I know things could go wrong, but so what? I'm super hyped for what Mark and his team are trying to do here, I gave it a 10/10, and I'm standing by that decision, until a day comes (god forbid) when I have a good reason not to.

Edit: I'm sick of this Guilty until proven innocent philosphy that people have on this site. This game isn't in development, that doesn't mean we don't have enough to go on, or that it should suck... It means that we have a fresh start.

What exactly are you mad about?

People can rate it 1/10 precisely because it isn't even on development yet. Though both are extremes, it actually makes more sense than giving it a 10/10.

Rating a game 1 out of 10 because it isn't in Development yet? That's the most retarded thing I've ever heard of in my life.

Lets flunk pre-schoolers out of school if they can't pass their SAT's while we're at it.

Hey I have a pie in the sky idea for a game, i have nothing to show but please hype me 10/10 thankyou please.

Let us know your ideas, hire a team of developers, open a studio, and have a pedigree of shipped games with success and we just might. You make it sound like there is one crazy guy working in his mom's basement trying to collect $2M.

Anyway, it is sort of funny to see people make horrible analogies in a vain attempt to look clever, but end up just looking like a stupid troll.

• cybersurfrcybersurfr Member UncommonPosts: 168

I'm excited for this game. Every game starts out as nothing but a few ideas... so what? A game is ultimately just an idea put into code... but it's the IDEA that matters (and of course the code not being buggy, and with reasonably good graphix). But I'm voting for the idea here, and I think that's enough. I'm quite confident Mark and his team know how to write their idea into code, and I know things could go wrong, but so what? I'm super hyped for what Mark and his team are trying to do here, I gave it a 10/10, and I'm standing by that decision, until a day comes (god forbid) when I have a good reason not to.

Edit: I'm sick of this Guilty until proven innocent philosphy that people have on this site. This game isn't in development, that doesn't mean we don't have enough to go on, or that it should suck... It means that we have a fresh start.

People can rate it 1/10 precisely because it isn't even on development yet. Though both are extremes, it actually makes more sense than giving it a 10/10.

Rating a game 1 out of 10 because it isn't in Development yet? That's the most retarded thing I've ever heard of in my life.

Lets flunk pre-schoolers out of school if they can't pass their SAT's while we're at it.

That analogy is pretty messed up, I'm sorry. And another thing - there is no "hype meter" for education. Ease up.

• wordizwordiz Member Posts: 464
    I don't think we're looking at the same website OP.
  • kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919

That analogy is pretty messed up, I'm sorry. And another thing - there is no "hype meter" for education. Ease up.

Some kids are really excited to go to school, I wouldn't be surprised if there is or had been a hype meter of sorts for that at one point :P

Edit - besides, don't high school grads rate their most wanted to attend colleges too?

Boom.

• SpeelySpeely Member CommonPosts: 861
    Originally posted by zymurgeist

It's the war of the nerds!

You do realize the hype meter is meaningless right? It's a reverse bell curve of absurdity. About as balanced and well reasoned as the Manson Family. According to that thng every MMO ever made is both the best and worst game in existance. A more honest version would have 10 as the only rating. Then at least the more popular game would be determined by the lengths the fans would go to to skew the ratings in their favor. If you really liked a game you would vote a million billion times oh golly gee.

Calmer than you are dude. Calmer than you are.

;)

• QallidexzQallidexz Member Posts: 253

I'm not sure you guys understood the analogy... Yes, it's called an analogy. I'm not worried, I think the guys at CSE are smart enough to understand what I was saying.

I'm not sure you guys understood the analogy... Yes, it's called an analogy. I'm not worried, I think the guys at CSE are smart enough to understand what I was saying.

I'm not sure smart is a good way to describe creating a thread about people's actions on a hype meter.

I have nothing better to do at 3AM than to post about how silly I think you are for making a thread about hype meter fluctuations for one newly listed game.

Originally posted by PerfArt

You do realize the hype meter is meaningless right? It's a reverse bell curve of absurdity. About as balanced and well reasoned as the Manson Family. According to that thng every MMO ever made is both the best and worst game in existance. A more honest version would have 10 as the only rating. Then at least the more popular game would be determined by the lengths the fans would go to to skew the ratings in their favor. If you really liked a game you would vote a million billion times oh golly gee.

;)

+1 for Big Lebowski reference, my favourite movie of all time. I pretty much have every line of dialogue burned into my brain.

These trolls are "out of their element!"

• cybersurfrcybersurfr Member UncommonPosts: 168
    Originally posted by kadepsyson
    -
    -

Some kids are really excited to go to school, I wouldn't be surprised if there is or had been a hype meter of sorts for that at one point :P

Edit - besides, don't high school grads rate their most wanted to attend colleges too?

Boom.

Lol touche.

Originally posted by Sornin

;)

+1 for Big Lebowski reference, my favourite movie of all time. I pretty much have every line of dialogue burned into my brain.

These trolls are "out of their element!"

Lol nice. I will never get tired of watching it. Ever. You're right about the trolls, but that's like, just their opinion, man.

Can you repost the analogy?

All I really saw was that you hyped a game 10/10 and complained there was nothing you could do to stop those meanies from rating it 1/10.  What would you have them do?  Maybe you could start an mmorpg.com petition.

I want to quote Samir and Michael Bolton about this idea seriously man

Edit - It's an mmorpg.com, not a mmorpg.com.  I fixed my mistake.  Go me.

• winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281

I don't believe in the Hypemeter. Its just a way for haters or fans to lie about a game they know almost nothing about. It wasn't but 5 months ago that DFUW was the most hyped game and look what a mess thats turned out to be.

Personally I haven't used the Hypemeter but heres what we do know about CU.

The facts as we currently know them.

CU is a low budget game being developed by a indie developer. Its main selling points is its a rip off of DAoC, and has Mark Jacobs on its team.

its Cons.

Low budget which has not actually yet been met.

Inexperienced team being lead by MJ the guy that made Warhammer (if you love warhammer and are still playing it consider it a positive, but then if thats true why are you here? :) ), and the same guy that put the nail in DAoC's coffin with TOA

Game itself is not actually in developement yet. They are currently showing off the software and tools that they are working on to eventually develop the game.

Many elements that made DAoC great will not be in CU. No PVE means no dungeons, no, monsters and no Darkness falls type dungeons to fight over. In theory if you log in on a slow night there will be no one to fight.

Blind Fanboism Hyping won't make the game better. t may sucker a few more backers into kickstarting the game, but those same backers will later become haters when the game doesn't live up to the 10/10 hype.

Originally posted by winter

I don't believe in the Hypemeter. Its just a way for haters or fans to lie about a game they know almost nothing about. It wasn't but 5 months ago that DFUW was the most hyped game and look what a mess thats turned out to be.

CU is a low budget game being developed by a indie developer. Its main selling points is its a rip off of DAoC, and has Mark Jacobs on its team.

its Cons.

Inexperienced team being lead by MJ the guy that made Warhammer (if you love warhammer and are still playing it consider it a positive, but then if thats true why are you here? :) ), and the same guy that put the nail in DAoC's coffin with TOA

Game itself is not actually in developement yet. They are currently showing off the software and tools that they are working on to eventually develop the game.

Many elements that made DAoC great will not be in CU. No PVE means no dungeons, no, monsters and no Darkness falls type dungeons to fight over. In theory if you log in on a slow night there will be no one to fight.

Blind Fanboism Hyping won't make the game better. t may sucker a few more backers into kickstarting the game, but those same backers will later become haters when the game doesn't live up to the 10/10 hype.

Now you are just copy/pasting yourself from other threads. Literally. Why are you here if you hate the idea of this game so much? Seems like a waste of time, dude. I certainly wouldn't want to spend my time that way.

its Cons.

Now you are just copy/pasting yourself from other threads. Literally. Why are you here if you hate the idea of this game so much? Seems like a waste of time, dude. I certainly wouldn't want to spend my time that way.

Apparently blind "trollism" is better than blind "fanboyism?" I don't know, either.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

its Cons.

Apparently blind "trollism" is better than blind "fanboyism?" I don't know, either.

Wait... who are you trying to sting with that comment?

• IsawaIsawa Member UncommonPosts: 1,051

Only good thing about this game so far is that Mark Jacobs frequents the forums. Lots of talk and concept art, but at least it is coming from the head guy on the project. Hope it does well, but I don't really care until another year or so of progress.

Having this game highly rated on the hype meter is somewhat ridiculous, as it probably has the least amount of actual work put into it compared to the others on the list so far.

Pretty much the epitome of how hype plays people here, great stuff in that regard image

• ForumPvPForumPvP Member Posts: 871

I noticed everytime our game gets to #1 on the hype meter, it shoots down several points all at once... It seems that some people are artifically keeping it down, maybe by giving it 1 ratings? I don't know about you guys, but I am super excited for this game, and so I gave it a 10/10 on the hype meter... I think if it was at the top, it would help the Kickstarter fund as well, hopefully people stop doing this, or what not, so it can stay at the top.... It's unfortunate that people are trying to keep it down on purpose. I wish there was something we could do about these false ratings, that are in favor of other games, or seem to be...

its so wrong that they are doing that.

im with you man,they should allow people to kick CU up on purpose.

and allow kickstarter idea fans to vote it up to 11.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbVKWCpNFhY

Let's internet

Originally posted by colddog04

its Cons.

Clearly the person who is trolling while making fun of fanboys. That, to me, is always the saddest forum activity, even worse than plain trolling.

No more retarded really then rating a game a 10/10  becuase of the "Idea' behind it which will probably be changes at least slightly over the next 2 years of developement

If your gonna rate every game ever developed on the Ideas the Dev had at the very start rather then on whats actually there then i assume almost every game is a 10/10 to you. Warhammers a 10/10, SWTOR is a 10/10 because you have to admit in the beginning the Devs had some great "Ideas"

Perhaps we should pass every senior in high school no matter how bad their scores are because in preschool they all had great "Ideas"

• wordizwordiz Member Posts: 464

I gotta say, this is the hardest hype train I think I've ever seen.

I played DAoC. The idea of new, similar title by people that worked on it is awsome, but the game is way too early in development. I know I'm beating a dead horse by saying that, but it's a rational fact.

To be complaining about how people are bashing it, while it's number one on the hype meter is starting to get a little borderline facist. You can't force everyone to think like you.

I'm still trying to figure out if this is the DAoC community hyping it up, which I totally understand...or if it's the younger generation that missed out on DAoC's glory days and want a piece for themselves. Either way, I share your excitement, however there are other promising titles coming much sooner than CU.

P.S. 

Tell them to give Age of Conan: Unchained it's name back.

trollololol

Originally posted by colddog04

its Cons.

Clearly the person who is trolling while making fun of fanboys. That, to me, is always the saddest forum activity, even worse than plain trolling.

Because reason and facts are sad? (perhaps, reality does suck at times) Did I state anywhere i hate the game? No, but I do prefer a realistic view over blind fanboism. Sure attack me for not hyping a game 10/10 for its "ideas"  (I also did not rate it a 1/10 I just didn't rate it) in the end I think I'll be the happer person should the game be releaased as I won't have unrealistic expectations from all the BS hype.

• IsawaIsawa Member UncommonPosts: 1,051
    Wow...Camelot Unchained just hit a 8.21, not even on the chart. Maybe posts like this backfire from shear scale of fanboism and set everything ablaze? I'd like to think so image

its Cons.

If you have any reaasons or facts why everyone should rate CU a 10/10 at this timeaas the OP  seems to suggest I'd love to hear them.

I'm not hear telling people to rate it a 1/10 in fact if anything I'm here trying to tell people not to rate a game sight unseen/untested. Seems that idea makes me a troll to some.

As to why i'm here its 3 am in the morning i work night shift and I'm bored and this just happened to be one of the major threads that was up while i was suffer this site on the internet.. (Oh and i also don't care for TV much generally not much on at 3 am in the morning other then reruns)

• meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282

I confess I dropped my hype from 9 to 7 after the 10,000 models video made me wonder whether CSE is planning for fights on a scale that I think would be boring and stupid. But I like the TDD concepts shown and will likely bump it back up in a few days.

Mostly though don't pay any attention to the hype meter. It's about as meaningless as which forum gets the most posts daily (ours probably lol).

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• fs23otmfs23otm Member RarePosts: 506

I noticed everytime our game gets to #1 on the hype meter, it shoots down several points all at once... It seems that some people are artifically keeping it down, maybe by giving it 1 ratings? I don't know about you guys, but I am super excited for this game, and so I gave it a 10/10 on the hype meter... I think if it was at the top, it would help the Kickstarter fund as well, hopefully people stop doing this, or what not, so it can stay at the top.... It's unfortunate that people are trying to keep it down on purpose. I wish there was something we could do about these false ratings, that are in favor of other games, or seem to be...

So people who don't like the game who vote 1 are wrong... yet it is fine if people who like the game vote 10?

Talk about being a hypocrite.