Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Guild Wars 2: The Origin of the Super Adventure Box

2»

Comments

  • aesperusaesperus Hamshire, NVPosts: 5,128Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by azzamasin
    Originally posted by Tekaelon
    I'm going to get some hate for this but hare it goes. Rather than spend time on this it would have been better for them to expand the world and maybe do some class skill changes. I would rather have guild halls that can be upgraded by my guild. I would prefer more from the living story, group missions anyone. There are so many things ANet could be doing, but all we get is arcade games I used to play on my Nintendo. I AM A GUILD WARS2 fan but and a very casual player yet I feel as if the game is drying up. My only progression is toward ascended gear. PvP is just ok, why can't we have GvG?

    I played GW1 for 2 years but at this rate have about 2 months left here. Sad

    Agreed.

    I havn't logged in over a week now and have no plans to do so.  Sorry but I personally see this as fluff when in all actuality GW2 is missing meat.  The time spent developing that could of been spent focusing on Endgame content like:

    1. New Dynamic Events
    2. Some love for home instances (player housing)
    3. New and better weapon skill aquistion i.e. soemthing to spend my over 400 skill points on.
    4. New dungeons
    5. a real hard formidable world boss or 12. (somethign that cant be zerged down in 5 mins)
    6. New gear skins and the ability to aquire them without massive gold and grind sinks.
    7. etc etc etc
    instead we get fluff with no actual reward worth having.

    You say this stuff is missing... and yet:

    1) They've continuously been adding new Dynamic Events.

    3) They've continuously been adding new weapon skins, as well as various ways to obtain then (whether or not they are 'better' is obvious going to vary person to person).

    4) They've added new dungeons. Some temporary (wintersday / holloween event), some permanent (fractals). Heck, when you think about it, even the Adventure Box is a type of dungeon, though definitely not the kind you're thinking of.

    5) There are hard world bosses. Funny enough, most people DON'T do them because they are too hard. Off the top of my head Fire Elemental, Temple of Lyssa, and Temple of Grenth come to mind.

    6) The Super Adventure Box is giving you exactly this. New gear skins, that are insanely easy to obtain (unless you count a days worth of play 'too much of a grind'). Honestly, unless you're going for a legendary, or the ~3-6 super expensive exotics, gear skins in this game are insanely easy to get. It's a bit more work if you only have 1 character, but most have at least 2 lvl 80s by now (because it's also insanely easy to lvl). As it stands currently, if I wanted to, I could get most of the gear I needed for any particular dungeon in a day. The hardest things to get in the game currently being fractal weapons, ascended backpieces, and legendaries.

    - It really depends on what you consider an 'actual reward worth having'. As it stands, this game has more gear customization than just about any other MMO on the market. Both in stats and in looks. Furthermore, if you are one of those players that think having an extra stat advantage = the only type of meaningful reward, the game also has that (ascended items). The only thing this game doesn't have (and maybe this is what you are looking for), is multi-tier raiding perpetuation a gear grind. Which is something they've continuously said since launch that they will not do.

  • azzamasinazzamasin Butler, OHPosts: 3,066Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by aesperus
    Originally posted by azzamasin
    Originally posted by Tekaelon
    I'm going to get some hate for this but hare it goes. Rather than spend time on this it would have been better for them to expand the world and maybe do some class skill changes. I would rather have guild halls that can be upgraded by my guild. I would prefer more from the living story, group missions anyone. There are so many things ANet could be doing, but all we get is arcade games I used to play on my Nintendo. I AM A GUILD WARS2 fan but and a very casual player yet I feel as if the game is drying up. My only progression is toward ascended gear. PvP is just ok, why can't we have GvG?

    I played GW1 for 2 years but at this rate have about 2 months left here. Sad

    Agreed.

    I havn't logged in over a week now and have no plans to do so.  Sorry but I personally see this as fluff when in all actuality GW2 is missing meat.  The time spent developing that could of been spent focusing on Endgame content like:

    1. New Dynamic Events
    2. Some love for home instances (player housing)
    3. New and better weapon skill aquistion i.e. soemthing to spend my over 400 skill points on.
    4. New dungeons
    5. a real hard formidable world boss or 12. (somethign that cant be zerged down in 5 mins)
    6. New gear skins and the ability to aquire them without massive gold and grind sinks.
    7. etc etc etc
    instead we get fluff with no actual reward worth having.

    You say this stuff is missing... and yet:

    1) They've continuously been adding new Dynamic Events.

    3) They've continuously been adding new weapon skins, as well as various ways to obtain then (whether or not they are 'better' is obvious going to vary person to person).

    4) They've added new dungeons. Some temporary (wintersday / holloween event), some permanent (fractals). Heck, when you think about it, even the Adventure Box is a type of dungeon, though definitely not the kind you're thinking of.

    5) There are hard world bosses. Funny enough, most people DON'T do them because they are too hard. Off the top of my head Fire Elemental, Temple of Lyssa, and Temple of Grenth come to mind.

    6) The Super Adventure Box is giving you exactly this. New gear skins, that are insanely easy to obtain (unless you count a days worth of play 'too much of a grind'). Honestly, unless you're going for a legendary, or the ~3-6 super expensive exotics, gear skins in this game are insanely easy to get. It's a bit more work if you only have 1 character, but most have at least 2 lvl 80s by now (because it's also insanely easy to lvl). As it stands currently, if I wanted to, I could get most of the gear I needed for any particular dungeon in a day. The hardest things to get in the game currently being fractal weapons, ascended backpieces, and legendaries.

    - It really depends on what you consider an 'actual reward worth having'. As it stands, this game has more gear customization than just about any other MMO on the market. Both in stats and in looks. Furthermore, if you are one of those players that think having an extra stat advantage = the only type of meaningful reward, the game also has that (ascended items). The only thing this game doesn't have (and maybe this is what you are looking for), is multi-tier raiding perpetuation a gear grind. Which is something they've continuously said since launch that they will not do.

    Totally missed 3 of my main points.

    1. It takes roughly 15 mins to find new Dynamic Events.  When you do they only chain once or twice.  I want to either A) be able to find DE's within a few minutes or B) Have a DE chain that takes 30 mins or more to reach a conclusion.  They need ot up the frequency in which DE's run, or need for most of them to last longer then a few minutes.  This is my main beef right now since this is my preferred content of choice.
    2. Home Instances are bleak and barren, and no reason to go to them, I havnt been to mine in 3 months.  They are just begging for new content to be added to them.
    3. An alternative skill aquisition.  I have over 400 Skill points and I can either convert them to Mystic Forge recipes that sell for a few gold or horde them.  I would love to see a system in which I can buy new weapon skills new elites (only 3 is way to few) or at least new utility skills.  GW1 had hundreds of skills to aquire, my GW2 character has a pick of about 30.  Way to few IMO.

    Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

    Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

    Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

    image

  • KhinRuniteKhinRunite ManilaPosts: 879Member
    Originally posted by adam_nox
    Originally posted by bookworm438
    @tekaelon: you act as if Anet is only a group of 10 developers. They have over 250 developers currently. They don't have all 250 employees working on one thing. Some are working on balance, some are working on content, some are working on holiday stuff.

    yet the game has hardly been enhanced since release, outside of smallish content updates for high levels and seasonal BS.  Featurewise, GW2 is seriously lacking.

    Once again, "features that don't interest me don't exist".

  • PadieuPadieu Connecticut, CTPosts: 40Member

    I honestly like the idea of arena net and to see the preview in youtube it's kinda interesting to know that they have that kind of approach, I also like the 8bit log in theme... super cute it brings back the memory of playing old rpgs :) 

    I'll check more about it right after I finish my quest in Granado espada :) 

    image

  • draussdrauss PerthPosts: 93Member
    Originally posted by azzamasin Totally missed 3 of my main points.

     

    1. It takes roughly 15 mins to find new Dynamic Events.  When you do they only chain once or twice.  I want to either A) be able to find DE's within a few minutes or B) Have a DE chain that takes 30 mins or more to reach a conclusion.  They need ot up the frequency in which DE's run, or need for most of them to last longer then a few minutes.  This is my main beef right now since this is my preferred content of choice.
    2. Home Instances are bleak and barren, and no reason to go to them, I havnt been to mine in 3 months.  They are just begging for new content to be added to them.
    3. An alternative skill aquisition.  I have over 400 Skill points and I can either convert them to Mystic Forge recipes that sell for a few gold or horde them.  I would love to see a system in which I can buy new weapon skills new elites (only 3 is way to few) or at least new utility skills.  GW1 had hundreds of skills to aquire, my GW2 character has a pick of about 30.  Way to few IMO.

    Ok so in answer to your 3 points:

    1. If it is taking 15mins to find and event then clearly:

    a) you are unable or refuse to use map chat. My advice is type the following "LFG any events" or "Any events up spam waypoint please" or just read the meta event status in orange writing in top right of screen. It will either tell you if an meta event chain is running as to where its up to or it will say everything is quite. Better still open the map and look for contested waypoints. If its contested you can bet your ass there will be an event rolling through or about to.

    b) Have never been bothered to actually learn the chain so have no idea where they kick off from. There are over 1300+ in the game. Sounds like you got some reading to do.

    c) Have never actually completed a full meta-event chain. Most Meta-Events are well over 30mins and I mean WELL over. Go do the harathi Highlands Modnir Shaman meta event. Good luck finishing that in 30min... Perhaps a dungeon even. There are more maps than Cursed Shoe alone...

     

    2. Home instances are barren. Arenanet have said they plan to implement some form of housing or Guild Halls. But in true Arenanet style its a "When its done" response. In Guild Wars it was years before we got all of the Guild Hall NPC's. All this extra content takes time to make and right now the priority is fleshing out the dynamic world and not the instanced one.

     

    3. I am certain these things are coming. you sound like you are comparing GW2 to Guild Wars with all its expansions. Guild Wars and all of its content was created over 10 years of development pre and post release. Patience and you will get what you want.

    image

  • Rommie10-284Rommie10-284 Systems CommonwealthPosts: 238Member Uncommon

    I guess for me the problem I have is that SAB is the *only* thing getting their attention for what, the full month?  Or even more?  And that puts to rest the "they have many developers" spin because it *appears* they focus on one thing at a time.  If they really don't, they have a presentation problem.

    Flavor of the Month content release is shining up the truth of their development cycle: It's all they can do.  And that runs the risk of a flop, if the FOTM is met with meh.  I'm probably just waiting for a true expansion release at this point, as there's more than enough "missing" features to make one really good.  We can only hope that's what the extra developers are working on, even if it takes the extra time to get it right.

    TL;DR: AN is giving a offbeat sidequest instance the full-blown new release marketing push.  Mastication of their backsides inbound...

     

    Avatars are people too

  • botrytisbotrytis In Flux, MIPosts: 2,567Member
    Originally posted by adam_nox
    Originally posted by bookworm438
    @tekaelon: you act as if Anet is only a group of 10 developers. They have over 250 developers currently. They don't have all 250 employees working on one thing. Some are working on balance, some are working on content, some are working on holiday stuff.

    yet the game has hardly been enhanced since release, outside of smallish content updates for high levels and seasonal BS.  Featurewise, GW2 is seriously lacking.

    What ever you are smoking can I have half? They have added in many things and people act like that they haven't but haters gotta hate.

     

    All you need do is look here - http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_updates  Would you like to eat your words?

     

    image

    "In 50 years, when I talk to my grandchildren about these days, I'll make sure to mention what an accomplished MMO player I was. They are going to be so proud ..."
    by Naqaj - 7/17/2013 MMORPG.com forum

  • botrytisbotrytis In Flux, MIPosts: 2,567Member
    Originally posted by azzamasin
    Originally posted by Tekaelon
    I'm going to get some hate for this but hare it goes. Rather than spend time on this it would have been better for them to expand the world and maybe do some class skill changes. I would rather have guild halls that can be upgraded by my guild. I would prefer more from the living story, group missions anyone. There are so many things ANet could be doing, but all we get is arcade games I used to play on my Nintendo. I AM A GUILD WARS2 fan but and a very casual player yet I feel as if the game is drying up. My only progression is toward ascended gear. PvP is just ok, why can't we have GvG?

    I played GW1 for 2 years but at this rate have about 2 months left here. Sad

    Agreed.

     

    I havn't logged in over a week now and have no plans to do so.  Sorry but I personally see this as fluff when in all actuality GW2 is missing meat.  The time spent developing that could of been spent focusing on Endgame content like:

    1. New Dynamic Events
    2. Some love for home instances (player housing)
    3. New and better weapon skill aquistion i.e. soemthing to spend my over 400 skill points on.
    4. New dungeons
    5. a real hard formidable world boss or 12. (somethign that cant be zerged down in 5 mins)
    6. New gear skins and the ability to aquire them without massive gold and grind sinks.
    7. etc etc etc
    instead we get fluff with no actual reward worth having.

    Guild Halls first - we don't need player housing - that is fluff.

    You can spend your points - you can use them to craft items.

    First you want grind and then you dont want grind - which is it? You can't have it both ways.

    image

    "In 50 years, when I talk to my grandchildren about these days, I'll make sure to mention what an accomplished MMO player I was. They are going to be so proud ..."
    by Naqaj - 7/17/2013 MMORPG.com forum

  • TekaelonTekaelon Brookhaven, MSPosts: 531Member Uncommon
    Things I want

    1 Guild Hallls that can be upgraded by the guild. It's a great form of progression that requires group perticipation.
    2 Group missions for the living story. Yes just like missions from GW1. I realize the new instances missions can be played in a group but get real, there is no meat on the bone.
    3 Cintent that expresses the flavor of the world. I want to be caught in the majesty and mystery of Tyria, not thrown into random mini dungeons that do nothing to further the story or lore.
    4 A more flexible skill system for greater build diversity. Why can't my elementalist learn a new sceptor skill that can be swapped in. GW1 was all about the build, I miss that
    5 eventually new zones that are worth visiting. Not some new area that magically rises from the bottom of the ocean. I want to visit the ancient places of power. Take me to the crystal desert or fire isles. Open portals to the home world of the Tyrian gods themselves.
    6 GvG! This will most likely never happen. The concept of Esports and WvW zerging have ruined the chance for meaningful PvP. You want players to play for pride alone, then let them fight for their guild!

    None of this is unreasonable. None of this makes me a GW2 hater. It just means I don't want my favorite online world turned into a conglomerate of mini games. BTW I love stuff like jumping luzzles and other mini games.
  • RizelStarRizelStar Raleigh, NCPosts: 2,773Member
    Originally posted by Squeak69
    Originally posted by bookworm438
    @tekaelon: you act as if Anet is only a group of 10 developers. They have over 250 developers currently. They don't have all 250 employees working on one thing. Some are working on balance, some are working on content, some are working on holiday stuff.

    can i get a source for this, cause that sounds more like a high budget game team that is makeing a game rather then one that is mainting one, i dont think even WoW has that many people on its regular team.

    dont mean to argue on it but most companies dont have this many people working ona a MMO once its out., especilly NCsoft. they tend to concentrate on the next big game or paid for expansion instead.

    Especially NCsoft because they are not ArenaNet "But they own them so same..." No! lol

     

    I think we are starting to extend april fools day past the actual day, I honestly believe this, I swear and hope this is the case.

     

    To be fair though A-Net really does have that many still at work if not more and are still hiring soooooooooooooo, yea, and I saw another post about someone burning through the game as fast as they could and are now impatient, also making some false claims about DE's 15 MINUTES? Yea clearly April Fool's day was extended I mean it's the only logical explanation to such claims lol.

    I think the word patient comes to mind but then it's like "Well fuck even if it happens more than likely they will still have something to bullshit about, I mean that's the obvious scenerio.

    *A-net some how magically is able to add DE's constantly* OMG THE BUGS UNTIL THEY FIX THOSE THEN I AM NOT COMMING BACK *A-net fix them* I play 16 hours a day and these DE's are BORING

    *Adds more to do with home instances* THEY NEED MORE VARIETY AND THERE IS A LOT OF BALANCE ISSUES I WISH A-NET WOULD HAVE...*Gasps* WAITED!

    *A-NET adds more and etc*  YOU GUYS TOOK TOO LONG image  NOT COMMING BACK

    *A-NET makes new skills and elites* MY WARRIOR LACKING, HIS THIEF OP, THAT ELITE IS OP, THAT WEAPON IS NOW UNFAIR, YOU GUYS RUSHED IT YOU SHOULD HAVE..*Gasps* WAITED

    *A-Net fixes them the best they can because they are humans and as humans we are not perfect* MY MESMER IS WEAK, THE ENGINEER IS OP, THAT WEAPON HAS WAY TOO MANY SKILLS...

    *Ha ha here is the kicker* WHY YOU GUYS HAVE TO BE LIKE GW1 SO FAST, WHY COULDN'T Y'ALL BE PATIENT AND MAKE SKILLS OVER TIME LIKE YOU DID WITH GUILD WARS O...oh crap image

    *I reside on a spaceship currently for those wonderin where I am, since I had to leave earth 3 times due to crazy missinformed april fool jokes, I mean crazy claims.*

    Oh and even when A-Net does all these things the above scenerios are still going to happen, more than likely.

    Edited: What's also possible is those even complaining about wanted these things already, know damn well the scenerios like the above would happen, and they are just ready to find something else to B/S about. I know there are people like that and would not be suprised.

    They fall in the category with those who buy games they don't like just to try to hold cred, those who pretend to be concerned with a game they do not like, and I might be missing more. 

    *Note* I am not claiming this is the case with those people in this thread, but it's just a thought I figured I'd express, hell why not?

    I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

    I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

    P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

    Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

2»
Sign In or Register to comment.